Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming Soon? (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

chadizzy1 07-30-2022 02:14 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DMB1JW (Post 18241932)
Love COCO studio and also enjoyed it live this summer.

I have to say that VITR and Again & Again from Come Tomorrow are pretty awesome tracks post= Busted Stuff. I think those two tracks get lost in the overall discussion of Come Tomorrow. They're both so great IMO.

Come Tomorrow has some solid tracks on it. I think the weird flow and patchwork style of the album drowns out the good stuff

DMB1JW 07-30-2022 02:19 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 18241938)
\I think the weird flow and patchwork style of the album drowns out the good stuff

100% Agree

ericvol 07-30-2022 02:35 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Busted Stuff >Everyday>AFTW>BW>CT>SU

Very confident in that rating.

chadizzy1 07-30-2022 02:52 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18241941)
Busted Stuff >Everyday>AFTW>BW>CT>SU

Very confident in that rating.

As of right now, for me

Busted Stuff
AFTW
Everyday
Come Tomorrow
BWGGK
Stand Up

seanbrutus 07-30-2022 03:00 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
The amount of bad takes in here about AFTW lol. Like, I get that it's an opinion, but damn AFTW slaps as an album, and still is my go to when I want that old school sound without rehashing the same classics over and over again.

hopewelljones 07-30-2022 03:07 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Hey guys, let's let the children lead the way.


(I think Come Tomorrow and She might be my two least favorite songs in the entire catalogue)

bibby1044 07-30-2022 03:37 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
So when are we going to start getting good rumor nuggets on some details here????

chadizzy1 07-30-2022 03:40 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 18241946)
The amount of bad takes in here about AFTW lol. Like, I get that it's an opinion, but damn AFTW slaps as an album, and still is my go to when I want that old school sound without rehashing the same classics over and over again.

Yep, back in 2012 when AFTW came back, the collective tone was "DMB is BACK". Now it's all "AFTW mehhhhhhhh"

BotheLaneFan 07-30-2022 03:52 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
AFTW is the worst DMB album by a mile. Absolutely lifeless and a sad attempt to go back to a well that’s dry.

BotheLaneFan 07-30-2022 03:53 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Drunken Soldier is a perfect representation of AFTW. A lot of crap around the good stuff, great in concept, poor in execution, and a massive letdown overall.

seanbrutus 07-30-2022 03:57 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 18241943)
As of right now, for me

Busted Stuff
AFTW
Everyday
Come Tomorrow
BWGGK
Stand Up

Same rating.

seanbrutus 07-30-2022 03:59 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 18241961)
AFTW is the worst DMB album by a mile. Absolutely lifeless and a sad attempt to go back to a well thatís dry.

That is absolutely an opinion to have, but I'd rather listen to any song in the catalog over Hunger For the Great Light.

Even though I revisit it and the good tracks have only gotten better over time, SU is definitely the worst DMB album.

hopewelljones 07-30-2022 04:00 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Just listened to Everyday start to finish for the first time in like 10 years at least. Loved it. Can't imagine the shock and disappointment of it following the LWS debacle, but it's actually a pretty great album.

wvufan2010 07-30-2022 04:03 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Post-Big 3, I go

Busted Stuff
AFTW
Big Whiskey
Everyday
Stand Up








Come Tomorrow


Nothing for me approaches Come Tomorrow in terms of worst DMB album. Itís essentially a bad Dave solo record with the rest of the band popping up here and there. VITR is awesome, and the production of Again & Again is top-notch, but that album does absolutely zero for me. At least with every other album it feels like a full band record all the way through.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klize17 07-30-2022 04:19 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 18241910)
And to continue that train of thought Iím not sure I have ever fully listened to Come On Come On all the way through yet without skipping now that I think of it

Its sticks out as one of the worst on a bad album

kmbean 07-30-2022 04:20 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 18241966)
That is absolutely an opinion to have, but I'd rather listen to any song in the catalog over Hunger For the Great Light.

Even though I revisit it and the good tracks have only gotten better over time, SU is definitely the worst DMB album.

Hunger’s main riff came from Stefan noodling around on guitar.
Batson’s genius creative instinct told him to make this into a song.

Klize17 07-30-2022 04:23 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wvufan2010 (Post 18241968)
Post-Big 3, I go

Busted Stuff
AFTW
Big Whiskey
Everyday
Stand Up








Come Tomorrow


Nothing for me approaches Come Tomorrow in terms of worst DMB album. Itís essentially a bad Dave solo record with the rest of the band popping up here and there. VITR is awesome, and the production of Again & Again is top-notch, but that album does absolutely zero for me. At least with every other album it feels like a full band record all the way through.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much the same for me.


Both Stand Up and Come Tomorrow are way down the list from Everyday though.

kmbean 07-30-2022 04:30 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Come Tomorrow is just DMB’s attempt to put out a modern day version of We Are The World.

bibby1044 07-30-2022 04:32 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
I think if I was around when Everyday first came out I wouldn’t be able to shake that letdown off. I do prefer everyday over stand up, come tomorrow and even big whiskey.

If AFTW had idea of you and shotgun on it with lillywhite at the helm, or any of the unreleased material at the time, the album wouldn’t feel like half a solo effort and would’ve changed the negative perception. I still like aftw but I do recognize a couple tweaks could’ve made it so much better aka change the chorus lyrics of drunken soldier. Or maybe write the entire song about a drunken soldier for that matter and not a corny kids message. That was always the letdown of soldier to me. And I do like that song overall but it should be regarded as a top track.

bibby1044 07-30-2022 04:33 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
I think if I was around when Everyday first came out I wouldnít be able to shake that letdown off. I do prefer everyday over stand up, come tomorrow and even big whiskey.

If AFTW had sugar will, idea of you or shotgun on it with lillywhite at the helm, or any 2 of the unreleased material at the time, the album wouldnít feel like half a solo effort and wouldíve changed the negative perception. I still like aftw but I do recognize a couple tweaks couldíve made it so much better aka change the chorus lyrics of drunken soldier. Or maybe write the entire song about a drunken soldier for that matter and not a corny kids message. That was always the letdown of soldier to me. And I do like that song overall but it should be regarded as a top track.

bigeyedpigs 07-30-2022 04:47 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by btpeters (Post 18241925)
If you think Rooftop sounds like a generic STP song, waitíll you hear She :lol

Oh you are right she is what I meant to say. I haven't listened to either in years, at first listen I didn't like either.

Random question for anyone...is describing something as "slaps" the new term to describe everything? I've read it a bunch on here and a friend of mine was using it to describe anything mildly enjoyable last night. It reminds me of when I began to mute nfl broadcasts because they would just call everyone a "beast" for three hours.

ToySoldier#34 07-30-2022 05:46 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheLaneFan (Post 18241961)
AFTW is the worst DMB album by a mile. Absolutely lifeless and a sad attempt to go back to a well thatís dry.


:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

ToySoldier#34 07-30-2022 05:48 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 18241943)
As of right now, for me

Busted Stuff
AFTW
Everyday
Come Tomorrow
BWGGK
Stand Up


Busted Stuff
Everyday
Come Tomorrow
SU
BWGGK
AFTW

TwoStep2888 07-30-2022 05:50 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
AFTW
Busted Stuff
Everyday
Big Whiskey
Come Tomorrow
Stand Up

Cptn. Monkeyman 07-30-2022 06:02 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Busted Stuff (A-)
Away from the World (B)
Big Whiskey (B)
Come Tomorrow (C+)
Everyday (C+)
Stand Up (D-)


Hoping I can rate the upcoming album a B or higher

ericvol 07-30-2022 06:06 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
I’ll be very happy if this album in 5 years is consist rated in all our top 3 not Big 3 albums. That’s kind of my stretch realistic goal.

ToySoldier#34 07-30-2022 06:09 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18241993)
Iíll be very happy if this album in 5 years is consist rated in all our top 3 not Big 3 albums. Thatís kind of my stretch realistic goal.


It has a very realistic shot at being better than anything after BS / Everyday for me so far

ericvol 07-30-2022 06:21 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18241994)
It has a very realistic shot at being better than anything after BS / Everyday for me so far

Yep beating either of those two (especially BS) will be really tough.

ToySoldier#34 07-30-2022 06:27 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericvol (Post 18241995)
Yep beating either of those two (especially BS) will be really tough.


Zero chance it's already too late when it comes to BS

ericvol 07-30-2022 06:29 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 18241998)
Zero chance it's already too late when it comes to BS

True, unless itís 14 songs long and the 11 we havenít heard are all MME or better level.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.