Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming in One Week! (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

chadizzy1 04-19-2021 07:30 AM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17936315)
Yeah, fair.
There's been a lot of fake news though and bullshitters though over the years. I remember last Spring for like 3 months there were a lot of bogus rumors circulating here from some liar who I hope got banned.

100% correct

dontdrink36 04-19-2021 07:32 AM

I'd think there will be a bunch of info coming around cinco de mayo. I wouldn't be surprised if we got the cinco sale, album news of some kind, and an official tour update around that time. Idk if the album is contingent on the tour in some way. I guess we will find out soon.

ElijahSoRight72 04-19-2021 07:35 AM

I’m just glad we have some insider insinuation that this album is still happening. That’s enough to keep me going for a little bit at least.

STILL think it’s gotta be with a tour announcement, right? Pushing back/cancelling dates plus album info.

groogrux27 04-19-2021 07:41 AM

much love Chad

Dannyyankou 04-19-2021 07:48 AM

Just speculation, but I think they will acknowledge the album when they give an update on the tour.

Tomacco 04-19-2021 08:13 AM

It's crazy they haven't officially pushed the summer dates yet, or at least the first half.

dmbclstj2 04-19-2021 10:34 AM

I think by them not even selling tickets to the new 2021 shows (Texas, NJ, Tampa, etc) is them telling us there will be no summer shows. Now, the Labor day through October run is still seems fluid.

BearambleAmble 04-19-2021 11:24 AM

Do y'all think Dave would acknowledge and work up a solo effort for Break For It, if it hasn't been worked on in the studio recently?

Aforauer 04-19-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearambleAmble (Post 17936529)
Do y'all think Dave would acknowledge and work up a solo effort for Break For It, if it hasn't been worked on in the studio recently?

I have a strange feeling it’s been worked in recently, hence the surprising and very unpredictable playing of it. It was in his head for some reason. Of all the request he received, I doubt this was one he’d want to play after 11 years MIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulg83 04-19-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Honestly, I think he could have just been charmed by the little bit the teacher and his students did. It was creative. No recent studio work necessary. I'm not certain, but I thought the most recent word was that the latest studio effort was all new material.

C.S. 04-19-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHappy (Post 17936250)
If I'm reading this correctly, there is new news, but you can't share it yet? In my opinion, the mere existence of new news is good news...

News about the news is good news!

Sniper15 04-19-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulg83 (Post 17936546)
Honestly, I think he could have just been charmed by the little bit the teacher and his students did. It was creative. No recent studio work necessary. I'm not certain, but I thought the most recent word was that the latest studio effort was all new material.

I think this is more likely than it being worked on in the studio recently. Fonz has said the album is all new material and Break For It has been around since 2006; if Dave really was enamored with the song it would have been on Come Tomorrow and not basically been ignored in the live setting for 15 years. When Dave really loves a new song he plays the shit out of it. I think Dave respected that fact that they had a really unique request. I think if you want a super rare songs played your best bet is to come up with a really eccentric request so you'll stand out amongst all of the day "Dave I've loved you since college. Thanks for doing these shows for us! Hope to see you soon!" request they're inundated with.

Cscottrun 04-19-2021 03:27 PM

New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17936241)
I’ve learned over the years on this board not to put much stock in cryptic teaser posts.

You should put stock in this one. I don’t know anything in particular about his information but Chad doesn’t stop into this thread and post for no reason.

dancheatham 04-19-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Yes I do.

eggsrsweet 04-19-2021 07:07 PM

Tbh, I’m actually very satisfied with the Break for It we got from the Batson Sessions. It sounds so good already. Not sure how an officially finished studio version could be a whole lot better.

Dannyyankou 04-19-2021 09:08 PM

The hints on the previous page seem to suggest a surprise album. But I just don’t see DMB doing that.

ElijahSoRight72 04-19-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17936890)
The hints on the previous page seem to suggest a surprise album. But I just don’t see DMB doing that.

I don't think that's what was being implied at all... Just that we'll get the album before/by the tour. Which means we could get it anytime before/in September, theoretically. (If they choose to tour at all.)

Xcacel 04-19-2021 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggsrsweet (Post 17936840)
Tbh, I’m actually very satisfied with the Break for It we got from the Batson Sessions. It sounds so good already. Not sure how an officially finished studio version could be a whole lot better.

Thanks for this post. I forgot I had the Batson Sessions somewhere, so I went there to check out that Break For It, and it is actually quite good.

kevinmavs 04-19-2021 09:51 PM

I requested Captain with a huge stuffed animal in the video. I thought it might catch their eye. But most likely Dave probably didn't want to play a tough song like Captain

It's not like Dave has some history with looping, so I think it's fair to say that Break For It has been on his mind. I liked how it sounded kind of darker acoustically

Jordan#41 04-20-2021 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17936346)
I'd think there will be a bunch of info coming around cinco de mayo. I wouldn't be surprised if we got the cinco sale, album news of some kind, and an official tour update around that time. Idk if the album is contingent on the tour in some way. I guess we will find out soon.

No, the only thing you will hear from that is 5% off outdated tour shirts + $40 shipping costs. There will be zero mention of any new album.

patdeegan 04-20-2021 12:36 PM

Finally listened to the Dave at Home recordings - first off, THANK YOU to all who uploaded/compiled the recordings. I thought that was the Dave has sounded in a while. Minarets, Beach Ball, and YNK (he sang the choruses the best I've heard them in a long, long time)...

The fact he played Break For It makes me wonder if that could be candidate for the new album. I know it was requested, but it means he hasn't totally forgotten it, and maybe even (hopefully) a sign of an oldy the band has been working on. That and SUAD would be fantastic if on the album.

Those, Windows, Ocean and Butterfly, and 4-7 other tunes could be really cool.

patdeegan 04-20-2021 12:37 PM

That was the BEST* Dave's voice has sounded in a while.

YankeesDMB41 04-20-2021 03:30 PM

I'm hoping this is the BTCS of the 3.0 Era

madhatter 04-20-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patdeegan (Post 17937260)
Finally listened to the Dave at Home recordings - first off, THANK YOU to all who uploaded/compiled the recordings. I thought that was the Dave has sounded in a while. Minarets, Beach Ball, and YNK (he sang the choruses the best I've heard them in a long, long time)...

The fact he played Break For It makes me wonder if that could be candidate for the new album. I know it was requested, but it means he hasn't totally forgotten it, and maybe even (hopefully) a sign of an oldy the band has been working on. That and SUAD would be fantastic if on the album.

Those, Windows, Ocean and Butterfly, and 4-7 other tunes could be really cool.

Unless something changed, Stefan confirmed that they recorded only new songs for the album.

greyson1289 04-20-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17936268)
But as I’ve said several times over the years, we’ve lost a lot of good sources here because people get attacked when they share info. It makes people (also) less hesitant to share.

I don’t let the negativity get to me, I still enjoy sharing what I can, and I enjoy this community. :thumbsup

:bounce:bounce:bounce

WhereYouGoin 04-20-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17936890)

Agreed. That’s more of a Swift/Beyoncé/whoever else thing to do that. It’s not so much a thing for acts like DMB.

hmich176 04-21-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 (Post 17937511)
I'm hoping this is the BTCS of the 3.0 Era

Same here.

dancheatham 04-21-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin (Post 17937640)
Agreed. That’s more of a Swift/Beyoncé/whoever else thing to do that. It’s not so much a thing for acts like DMB.

While I agree that it's not something DMB would likely do, Phish dropped an album last year with 2 days' notice, so there's definitely precedent for a band that's closer to DMB than those you mentioned to do a (relatively) unannounced. But I think DMB, or at least their record label, is more interested in sales and their #1 streak than Phish, who is on their own label.

Vorony 04-21-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancheatham (Post 17937775)
While I agree that it's not something DMB would likely do, Phish dropped an album last year with 2 days' notice, so there's definitely precedent for a band that's closer to DMB than those you mentioned to do a (relatively) unannounced. But I think DMB, or at least their record label, is more interested in sales and their #1 streak than Phish, who is on their own label.

Right, but Phish routinely does cool things like that in terms of fan engagement, surprises, and releasing high demand shows. DMB, not so much.

but1well 04-21-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorony (Post 17937786)
Right, but Phish routinely does cool things like that in terms of fan engagement, surprises, and releasing high demand shows. DMB, not so much.

I think that they think they do. For example the several sweepstakes per year where you get some special treatment at a show. Little knowing that few fans really care about a 1 in 100k chance to get a backstage pass.

However this year:

Live Trax vinyl revival: LT6 & LT7
3? live from home request shows plus a few others
The carter & dave WH only session
Sirius Channel releasing a bunch of beloved unreleased shows