Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Album Coming Soon? (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354555)

BMus1 09-29-2020 04:48 PM

Re: New Album Coming Soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fpuonpko (Post 17793738)
yes, in April 2004 there is confirmation the band recorded at Haunted Hollow. sugar will was recorded, as was half of stand up. they also re-recorded OSW, Recently and TSTJL

Source on this?

BruceW 09-29-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzYEasyDMB04 (Post 17794157)
Carter farted on the 1... thats how i know this is dreaming tree in Em... you guys are all children... grow up. Its clearly a variation of something they had been working on.

:lol :lol

JessEKat 09-29-2020 07:02 PM

I sure hope so🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼💜💜💜

WhereYouGoin 09-29-2020 09:47 PM

There was some word in late 2016 that a Some Devil followup (meaning another solo album) was about to be in the works - I know there was an interview with Brady from that group indicating talk of working with Dave again. I wonder if we’ll get that group again on either end of this (before or after).
I can bet no matter what that we’ll get a new DMB album/tour & on either end of it a new album/tour with the Some Devil people. Nobody’s getting any younger.

grilldanmo 09-29-2020 10:30 PM

I remember telling my wife about how Jerry had JGB as well as being in the Dead and his other projects. We had hoped that Dave might do the same, not wanting the band to end but wanting Dave to do whatever he needed to feel inspired AND keep DMB going.

I really wished he'd done this, as there's just a stupid amount of material that he's shelved and a lot of it excellent...

WhereYouGoin 09-29-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilldanmo (Post 17794549)
I remember telling my wife about how Jerry had JGB as well as being in the Dead and his other projects. We had hoped that Dave might do the same, not wanting the band to end but wanting Dave to do whatever he needed to feel inspired AND keep DMB going.

I really wished he'd done this, as there's just a stupid amount of material that he's shelved and a lot of it excellent...

I bet this time right now has given him the chance to decide what he wants to do with material (new solo album - been 17 years, stuff for the band, etc).

Whiteyxc514 09-30-2020 12:23 PM

Remember The Nauts? :lol

It feels like there have been so many opportunities and rumors for new and different Dave music, but few of them have come to fruition.

Excited to hear he and Carter are jamming though, whatever comes from it.

DMBvol41 09-30-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17793796)
I think this is what you were referring to: https://youtu.be/ipEqAdPPUSE?t=617

Man that sounds so freaking good

MTackett 09-30-2020 04:10 PM

More sax?!? No thank you. I’d prefer more..... cow bell. More sax... smfh.

monizzle145 09-30-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 17793621)
I'm sure he is more than capable of writing 6-8 more songs that are good.

:thumbsup

I'm hoping that this time off leads to a more sax centric sound.

If that was the case come tomorrow and away from the world would have made larger waves in the fanbase and in the live shows. The majority of modern Dave Matthews written songs don't have the lasting appear that were written all the way through busted stuff.

She, Come Tomorrow, That Girl is you, Do You remember, are examples of the subpar songwriting that occurs when Dave tried to bust out a bunch of new material. These are bathroom break songs at a live show.

kenticus 10-01-2020 04:58 PM

Been a while since Dave and carter have gotten in a room and written together yeah? Prolly since big whiskey?

Away from the world: Dave wrote all himself basically
Come tomorrow: lot of odds and ends and stuff they quickly recorded

Cool if him and carter are woodshedding some stuff just the two of them....will be curious to see what if anything comes of it!

Tomacco 10-01-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenticus (Post 17796435)
Been a while since Dave and carter have gotten in a room and written together yeah? Prolly since big whiskey?

Away from the world: Dave wrote all himself basically
Come tomorrow: lot of odds and ends and stuff they quickly recorded

Cool if him and carter are woodshedding some stuff just the two of them....will be curious to see what if anything comes of it!

I seem to remember Dave saying that he and Carter got together and supposedly wrote a bunch of music together leading up to Come Tomorrow. Not sure what happened to that stuff.

prdstmnky36 10-01-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteyxc514 (Post 17795273)
Remember The Nauts? :lol

Was that the one with Jakob Dylan?

TheStone91 10-01-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdstmnky36 (Post 17796470)
Was that the one with Jakob Dylan?

Yup. I’m really curious to hear what they worked on...

whiskers11 10-02-2020 03:25 PM

DMBAlmanac has tonight's Sirius By Request venue listed as Haunted Hollow. They did note that this is not confirmed, but looking at pictures of the studio on their website compared to the two videos posted by Sirius it certainly looks like it could be the case.

ToySoldier#34 10-02-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskers11 (Post 17797095)
DMBAlmanac has tonight's Sirius By Request venue listed as Haunted Hollow. They did note that this is not confirmed, but looking at pictures of the studio on their website compared to the two videos posted by Sirius it certainly looks like it could be the case.

It would be amazing if this was at Haunted Hollow with someone in addition to Dave, named Carter

whiskers11 10-02-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17797097)
It would be amazing if this was at Haunted Hollow with someone in addition to Dave, named Carter

Don't get my hopes up. Ari already tweeted that DMB fans are in for an amazing treat tonight.

dontdrink36 10-02-2020 04:02 PM

Would be cool to get Carter. Maybe another new song, surprise announcement, or rare bust out?

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

grilldanmo 10-02-2020 04:20 PM

There's two videos again for this show available:
- LIOG
- OSW

twostep665 10-03-2020 01:42 AM

Surprised Dave didn't make Sirius XM play DYR 4th in the set :)

WhereYouGoin 10-13-2020 12:09 AM

Anyone know of sessions of unreleased material that have happened but not leaked.
Wonder when we’ll get Cavallo (Big Whiskey, Come Tomorrow) or Harris (Dave’s solo album Some Devil)

Cscottrun 10-13-2020 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin (Post 17804247)
Anyone know of sessions of unreleased material that have happened but not leaked.
Wonder when we’ll get Cavallo (Big Whiskey, Come Tomorrow) or Harris (Dave’s solo album Some Devil)

There are tons of "jams" from the Big Whiskey sessions that exist but have not leaked (and I doubt they will).

I seem to recall reading (but not sure where), that there weren't many (or possibly any) left over CT songs.

There are also some improv/jams leftover from the AFTW sessions.

It's also likely that we do not know about a good portion of the studio sessions, so it's safe to assume there's tons of recorded stuff we do not know about and that may or may not be released in the future.

Cptn. Monkeyman 10-13-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17804261)
There are tons of "jams" from the Big Whiskey sessions that exist but have not leaked (and I doubt they will).

I seem to recall reading (but not sure where), that there weren't many (or possibly any) left over CT songs.

It's also likely that we do not know about a good portion of the studio sessions, so it's safe to assume there's tons of recorded stuff we do not know about and that may or may not be released in the future.

What about the clip of Batson saying “we’ve recorded so much music, we could release another album next week”.

Cscottrun 10-13-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17804319)
What about the clip of Batson saying “we’ve recorded so much music, we could release another album next week”.

Good point. I had assumed that he was referring all the way back to the Batson Sessions, but you may be right.

WhereYouGoin 10-13-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cscottrun (Post 17804261)

There are a couple CT songs originally done in those leaked 2006 sessions. Did they work with Batson at all in 2007? Maybe someday Batson 2007 sessions or Cavallo 2014-15 will leak.

Dodo36 10-13-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17804319)

I took that to be hyperbole, a vague hype statement. 'Recorded so much music' doesn't necessarily equate 'Finished so much music.'

Cscottrun 10-13-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereYouGoin (Post 17804679)
There are a couple CT songs originally done in those leaked 2006 sessions. Did they work with Batson at all in 2007? Maybe someday Batson 2007 sessions or Cavallo 2014-15 will leak.

The last Batson studio session (pre Come Tomorrow) was in January of 2007: https://antsmarching.org/tour/ViewShow.php?ShowID=4102

Cptn. Monkeyman 10-13-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodo36 (Post 17804699)
I took that to be hyperbole, a vague hype statement. 'Recorded so much music' doesn't necessarily equate 'Finished so much music.'

Yeah certainly could be meant like that, and likely it’s the case at large with most of their studio sessions. 06 Batson sessions for example. But I’m sure there’s left over material from Come Tomorrow, some finished songs that were left off, and likely even more unfinished.

grilldanmo 10-13-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn. Monkeyman (Post 17805043)
Yeah certainly could be meant like that, and likely it’s the case at large with most of their studio sessions. 06 Batson sessions for example. But I’m sure there’s left over material from Come Tomorrow, some finished songs that were left off, and likely even more unfinished.

Yeah, we heard about them recording Bismarck and other tunes, knew they scrubbed parts (and even songs) due to Boyd's departure, we know they did sessions with Cavallo (even during the BW sessions) that weren't released, AND there's the entirety of the Batson Sessions (any bit of which might have been finished as they were putting CT together).

It's safe to assume that there are a significant number of finished tunes, at least an album's worth that could be/have been released at any moment.

That said, I KNOW NOTHING, but I'm full of hope for more music. And that can be previously unreleased, never played live, or studio versions of live rarities, along with completely NEW music.

cmyers2 10-14-2020 08:44 AM

Definitely lots of material left over from the combined CT/old Batson sessions... Bismarck, Death on the High Seas, Be Yourself, Plastic Girl maybe although I hope we never hear it again, plus they supposedly worked on Shotgun, Sugar Will, Crazy Easy, #40, Sweet Up and Down, Break Free, Break for It, Blackjack, etc. on and off during those various sessions. I wouldn't mind an album of completely new material, or a few old ones mixed in with all new. Either way I still hope all of those unreleased and completed songs see the light of day eventually, including some of the tunes from leaked Batson sessions. Hope one day the band just opens the vaults and does a huge B-sides release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grilldanmo (Post 17805096)
Yeah, we heard about them recording Bismarck and other tunes, knew they scrubbed parts (and even songs) due to Boyd's departure, we know they did sessions with Cavallo (even during the BW sessions) that weren't released, AND there's the entirety of the Batson Sessions (any bit of which might have been finished as they were putting CT together).

It's safe to assume that there are a significant number of finished tunes, at least an album's worth that could be/have been released at any moment.

That said, I KNOW NOTHING, but I'm full of hope for more music. And that can be previously unreleased, never played live, or studio versions of live rarities, along with completely NEW music.