Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348306)

dancheatham 06-03-2020 01:19 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17721141)
Guess it's nice to get something new. Why this show though, I have no idea.

Yeah, it's nice to get something that doesn't have a tape. I hope they keep that up!

Whiteyxc514 06-03-2020 01:20 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
it really is a shame how uncreative they are with these streams.

Alexis17 06-03-2020 01:24 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
They could stream a show that was played last night and is 2 hours of Be Yourself, and if there's no tape of it, it's a worthy stream.

This one has Hello Again, Jane, Minarets and Recently then WWYS & Hands of God with a guest.

I'll take it!

seanbrutus 06-03-2020 02:24 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexis17 (Post 17721191)
They could stream a show that was played last night and is 2 hours of Be Yourself, and if there's no tape of it, it's a worthy stream.

This one has Hello Again, Jane, Minarets and Recently then WWYS & Hands of God with a guest.

I'll take it!

Definitely curious cause I like this era of the band, but I will say that I prefer stuff from later in 2018, or at least after Buddy was settled in more. That being said, I will definitely listen!

kenticus 06-03-2020 03:48 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
That should be an interesting one to listen to. Assuming since it’s not a livestream that the audio quality will be better....2018 live streams always had questionable audio quality to my ears.

daspfund22 06-04-2020 10:51 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
I just enjoy anything we haven't heard before personally, that said I'd prefer to hear shows that we haven't had yet from 2019 when the band sounded amazing...esp some of the 2nd nights of 2 night stands where we have the first one.

aparker507 06-05-2020 10:36 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
If anyone gets the Rogers show recorded from XM, I would absolutely love to get it from you guys. Not gonna be able to sit and listen tonight. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chadizzy1 06-05-2020 07:48 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aparker507 (Post 17722734)
If anyone gets the Rogers show recorded from XM, I would absolutely love to get it from you guys. Not gonna be able to sit and listen tonight. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's so awesome they're streaming one from here!

Hope someone rips it.

chadizzy1 06-05-2020 07:55 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomacco (Post 17721141)
Guess it's nice to get something new. Why this show though, I have no idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daspfund22 (Post 17721130)
Just heard this Friday is May 30, 2018 from Rogers, AR

http://www.dmbalmanac.com/TourShowSe...156&where=2018

It wasn't amazing or anything, it was pretty average for 2018. I had fun, but no stand out performances I can recall.

I'm glad to have a show I was at.

aparker507 06-05-2020 08:15 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Let's get a rip of this!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TheStone91 06-05-2020 10:08 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Was that the longest instrumental TSTJL intro ever?? sounded cool. Probably only happened by accident. Haha

Hahninator 06-06-2020 03:53 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Recording on the way, stay tuned.

aparker507 06-06-2020 11:17 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17723718)
Recording on the way, stay tuned.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chadizzy1 06-07-2020 12:15 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17723718)
Recording on the way, stay tuned.

Thank you so much. this being a show from my home state means a lot.

sean52692 06-07-2020 12:17 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hahninator (Post 17723718)
Recording on the way, stay tuned.

Sweet! :thumbsup

Dannyyankou 06-07-2020 12:30 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStone91 (Post 17723400)
Was that the longest instrumental TSTJL intro ever?? sounded cool. Probably only happened by accident. Haha

I think it was intentional, they played it out a couple other times in 2018 I think. I like the random changes they make to songs every once in a while, like that extended Satellite jam they did in 2016-

https://youtu.be/6XwDB7N6pgM

sean52692 06-07-2020 12:44 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Love that Satellite jam as well. The next night 6/8 has a great extended one with Tim.

Dannyyankou 06-07-2020 07:05 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
It's nice that they're still airing some new shows. Hope we get one I attended, lol

kenticus 06-09-2020 08:09 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Was the show from last Friday all that interesting? Reason I ask is have not seen a rip of it yet, so just curious!

BruceW 06-09-2020 10:55 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 17723951)
I think it was intentional, they played it out a couple other times in 2018 I think. I like the random changes they make to songs every once in a while, like that extended Satellite jam they did in 2016-

https://youtu.be/6XwDB7N6pgM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean52692 (Post 17723956)
Love that Satellite jam as well. The next night 6/8 has a great extended one with Tim.

These happened bc of the one with Jimmy Herring in Atlanta on 5/28. They left that space for him to solo and did it the next two times they played the song. Unfortunately, they abandoned it after that. Of course.

dmbclstj2 06-09-2020 11:03 AM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17723312)
It wasn't amazing or anything, it was pretty average for 2018. I had fun, but no stand out performances I can recall.

I'm glad to have a show I was at.

From my ears alone, I thought they were on fire, Ron Blake was awesome on WWYS and added some great fills on LITOG. For DMB 4.0, that was a solid show IMHO.

kenticus 06-09-2020 12:57 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbclstj2 (Post 17724986)
From my ears alone, I thought they were on fire, Ron Blake was awesome on WWYS and added some great fills on LITOG. For DMB 4.0, that was a solid show IMHO.

Curious to hear a rip if / when it appears!

chadizzy1 06-09-2020 02:37 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenticus (Post 17725062)
Curious to hear a rip if / when it appears!

I'm not seeing one here or on DreamingTree.

Drock414 06-09-2020 04:34 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
i hope it was ripped. I should learn how to do it. Anyone know what is needed to rip the audio?

WidespreadMule3 06-09-2020 05:41 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drock414 (Post 17725232)
i hope it was ripped. I should learn how to do it. Anyone know what is needed to rip the audio?

It's not hard at all. I use iShowU Audio Capture. Once installed you change the output of your Sound from Internal Speakers to iShowU. You can record it through almost any recording program (Audacity, GarageBand, etc) but I do it with QuickTime. File > New Audio Recording > Red button and done.

Drock414 06-09-2020 08:38 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 17725281)
It's not hard at all. I use iShowU Audio Capture. Once installed you change the output of your Sound from Internal Speakers to iShowU. You can record it through almost any recording program (Audacity, GarageBand, etc) but I do it with QuickTime. File > New Audio Recording > Red button and done.

Cool. Thanks. I'll look into it

watsonbriant 06-09-2020 10:13 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17725132)
I'm not seeing one here or on DreamingTree.

Iím ripping it now. Should have it up by tomorrow. Looking out for my fellow completionist fellas.

RSSR 06-09-2020 11:27 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
The Dave solo Do You Remember that was played 20 minutes ago really was beautiful. Dave’s voice has aged beautiful, so much passion in that solo performance of the song. I’m amazed as many people hate the song that there are. DYR is amazing.

TheStone91 06-09-2020 11:39 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RSSR (Post 17725446)
The Dave solo Do You Remember that was played 20 minutes ago really was beautiful. Daveís voice has aged beautiful, so much passion in that solo performance of the song. Iím amazed as many people hate the song that there are. DYR is amazing.


What solo version was it?

RSSR 06-09-2020 11:46 PM

Re: Dave Matthews Band to Launch Limited-Run SiriusXM Channel
 
I didn’t catch the date it was from. Maybe one of the recordings he performed at his home in Charlottesville? I don’t know.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.