Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

WidespreadMule3 07-09-2015 09:17 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16049559)
I know, it'd be awesome if they did something like Dick's Picks, where they'd put out 30+ live albums, starting off slowly, then released about 3-4 live shows a year. That'd be incredible.

Or something more like Live Bait, where they release a collection of say, 10 songs that they could sell to the fans. Or if they put that on a disc and made it available to fanclub members.

:lol :lol :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedge914 (Post 16049568)
Or just straight up do a MuleTracks, LivePhish, or UMLive setup.

This. This is what I want. Tapers are dropping off drastically and there's more shows going without a tape and I wanna hear them. I wish DMB would drink the kool-aid and get on this band wagon. They can still do the LT series with this.

moccasin 07-09-2015 09:19 AM

This is a rain or shine event. Children under 2 are free as long as they don't take up a seat (Livenation)

I wonder if the Pit would be full off 1 year old's if they knew they could get in for free!

bowa36 07-09-2015 09:25 AM

Oops, I thought Dick's Picks were compilations, so I guess that's why my post didn't make sense.

It'd be cool to have something like the Warehouse disc every 2-3 months

snow1868 07-09-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16049559)
I know, it'd be awesome if they did something like Dick's Picks, where they'd put out 30+ live albums, starting off slowly, then released about 3-4 live shows a year. That'd be incredible.

Or something more like Live Bait, where they release a collection of say, 10 songs that they could sell to the fans. Or if they put that on a disc and made it available to fanclub members.

You do realize that Live Bait is free for all fans to download when it's first released, right?

flutterby 07-09-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moccasin (Post 16049671)
This is a rain or shine event. Children under 2 are free as long as they don't take up a seat (Livenation)

I wonder if the Pit would be full off 1 year old's if they knew they could get in for free!

Yes. I gotta say this is a huge needle for me for some reason. I wouldn't bring my kids to a show, let alone in the pit, and I certainly wouldn't bring babies that have no idea what the fuck is going on. Not to mention the people using their kids to get railed, sticked, or meet the band. :BANG

I'm not one to tell other people what to do with your kids, but damn.

cornnuts 07-09-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornnuts (Post 16045510)
hey - does anyone have any awesome boyd shows out there that you would recommend listening to? any suggestions? like a show where boyd is on fire all night and where you can hear him and where he is actually in tune and adds in a big way to songs. where he dominates his solos while also sounding good on his supplemental parts in song...... instead of butchering most of the songs or half of them or even a third of them. any shows in the last 15 years where he has an exceptional or all around awesome night the entire show? does that exist? thanks in advance

ahhhhhh man. was really hoping someone could help me out here. has he really been consistently that terrible for this long?

BotheLaneFan 07-09-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

It is full of one year olds, they're called The DMB Family.

evolvefurther41 07-09-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutterby (Post 16049719)
Yes. I gotta say this is a huge needle for me for some reason. I wouldn't bring my kids to a show, let alone in the pit, and I certainly wouldn't bring babies that have no idea what the fuck is going on. Not to mention the people using their kids to get railed, sticked, or meet the band. :BANG

This is an honest question, not one to incite superiority or prove a larger point... just curious....

do you have kids?

Miccius 07-09-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

I just imagined an overflow of babies just crawling around with safety headphones on... stupid I know but your post made me :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutterby (Post 16049719)

Have people brought kids in the pit that young?

Sort of like the parents that bring children under 4 to places like Disney since they're never remember the experience. But hey, sometimes you can't find a babysitter...

mthawk07 07-09-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForkInFork (Post 16049483)
The Stone in the acoustic set is fan-fucking-tastic. Timmy doing acoustic fills instead of mirroring Dave's licks fills it out so much.

:thumbsup x infinity

flutterby 07-09-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvefurther41 (Post 16049870)
This is an honest question, not one to incite superiority or prove a larger point... just curious....

do you have kids?

Yes. I have 4, ages 21-7.

socopithy 07-09-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutterby (Post 16050397)
Yes. I have 4, ages 7-21.

Sorry, I had to fix that or I'd have had a seizure.

flutterby 07-09-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miccius (Post 16050087)
I just imagined an overflow of babies just crawling around with safety headphones on... stupid I know but your post made me :lol

Have people brought kids in the pit that young?

Sort of like the parents that bring children under 4 to places like Disney since they're never remember the experience. But hey, sometimes you can't find a babysitter...

I've been seeing pics all over the Internet of people with their babies at shows. Questions about bringing a 2 year old in the pit. Then people talking about how they had seats but had to keep getting up because the small child couldn't be entertained for more than a few songs. People complaining about the behavior of others in front of their kids. Etc etc

I get sharing music with your kids. Take them to a day festival with live music. I go to DMB shows to have adult fun. I should not have to censor my fun because YOU chose to bring an impressionable child, and now you have to have an uncomfortable conversation.

Maybe it's just me, but I would never bring my young child to a place where I have been puked on, peed on, people having sex in the open, drug use on full display, and all sorts of drunken debauchery going down. I wouldn't expose my children to that until they are mature enough to see it. And at the very least, making others feel like they have to hold back because I brought a little kid is rude.

There are concerts out there that are family friendly....DMB is not one of them.

bowa36 07-09-2015 07:29 PM

Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

Sweetness Follows, off of R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People, reminds me of Leave Me Praying/DDTW....or the other way around I suppose.

bartender_man 07-09-2015 07:39 PM

Where in the fuck is Last Stop??? That is all.

bowa36 07-09-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16050715)
Where in the fuck is Last Stop??? That is all.

Locked in the basement with Sugar Will, Blue Water, Help Myself, Busted Stuff, Sweet Up and Down, Shotgun, Break Free, Kill the King, Hello Again, A Dream So Real, Little Thing, Let You Down, If I Had It All, JTR, Captain, Kit Kat Jam, Broken Things, Break for It, Joyride, Crazy Easy, What You Are......

bartender_man 07-09-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 16050728)
Locked in the basement with Sugar Will, Blue Water, Help Myself, Busted Stuff, Sweet Up and Down, Shotgun, Break Free, Kill the King, Hello Again, A Dream So Real, Little Thing, Let You Down, If I Had It All, JTR, Captain, Kit Kat Jam, Broken Things, Break for It, Joyride, Crazy Easy, What You Are......

I heard that basement locked real good....

flutterby 07-09-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

That is such a heartbreaking list [emoji24]

stlbluespower 07-10-2015 04:24 AM

I'd so love to have them break out Hello Again. Unleash the wail and Crater.

cornnuts 07-10-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

time bomb is locked down there with all of those too, just waiting to explode. not surprised that the best big whiskey song is on the shelf. damn shame. of the songs listed above, i actually prefer time bomb to break free, kill the king, a dream so real, let you down, if i had it all, kit kat jam, break for it, and joyride. ah man, forgot about joyride thankfully. joyride is absolutely awful. cant stand that song. its even worse than drunken soldier

RSSR 07-10-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

All that would actually make a groovy setlist, something I'd want released.

TheLastPig 07-10-2015 09:56 AM

I miss full band bartender so so so much

bowa36 07-10-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16051528)

Last year was the first year in the song's full band history that it did not make a full band appearance

bowa36 07-11-2015 09:17 AM

via DMBAlmanac on twitter

"In this day in 1999, DMB played The Last Stop for the last time until the Liberational Army attacked the song catalog prison at Polaris 2003"

:lol

The2SteppingPig 07-11-2015 11:01 AM

Remember Two Things......

You love New York City, and leave only your footprints.

Dannyyankou 07-11-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16051528)

I haven't seen it full band since 2010. Hope it pops up again full band.

tshaw143 07-11-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowa36 (Post 16053075)
via DMBAlmanac on twitter

"In this day in 1999, DMB played The Last Stop for the last time until the Liberational Army attacked the song catalog prison at Polaris 2003"

:lol

I was there. Very fitting quote.

2003 & 2004 were great tours.

moccasin 07-11-2015 12:43 PM

Just saw this....Could be drugs, alcohol, or Shake Me closer.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...music-theatre/

space_raven 07-11-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moccasin (Post 16053218)
Just saw this....Could be drugs, alcohol, or Shake Me closer.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/07/...music-theatre/

Like, it sucks he's on life support or whatever, but, 7 feet? Really?

NewAgedNerd 07-11-2015 07:17 PM

#41 from Live trax 19 is one of my favorite versions. Love the effects Jeff uses in his solo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk