Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

Hilly 06-20-2016 03:28 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16475317)

Also, its not that they have a stable of songs, its that those are the only songs getting played right now. They are making no effort to play anything they cant already nail in their sleep.

It's been that way for 25 years.

Yes, I get the 1992-1996 point of "They only had 30 songs!" but it's been that way in 1998 and 2002 and 2006 and 2010 and 2013 and 2015.

It's not going to change now.

Hilly 06-20-2016 03:29 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16475335)
That extra ten minutes could have been used to play Ants or Rapunzel.

Doors opened at 6:30. They could have played a ton more.

You still got a good show, despite the fact that they could have legally played 10 more minutes.

kelchlsm 06-20-2016 03:35 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16475077)
DMB Sets have been "stale" since 1993.

Expecting things to be different now is silly.


This isn't what I was getting at, like at all- but ya I guess so.

Hilly 06-20-2016 03:40 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16475372)
This isn't what I was getting at, like at all- but ya I guess so.

So what were you getting at

jrkarger 06-20-2016 03:41 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16475351)
Doors opened at 6:30. They could have played a ton more.

You still got a good show, despite the fact that they could have legally played 10 more minutes.

What does the time doors open have anything to do with point at hand?

I wasn't complaining about any show in particular.

But, since you brought it up, when the printed set list from JLL had Rapunzel and Nancies cut from it and the band ends the show ten minutes before 11 people are naturally going to be disappointed.

YNK4127 06-21-2016 01:28 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

mthawk07 06-21-2016 02:47 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

:freak:freak:freak

bartender_man 06-21-2016 03:16 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

Oh well....Guess this new era is for people like you then. You are a member of the "Family" correct?

YNK4127 06-21-2016 04:31 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16476180)
Oh well....Guess this new era is for people like you then. You are a member of the "Family" correct?

Nope not a member of The Family. Was once. Hate that place though. Those people are crazy.

I've been a fan for years. Never made a username on here. Just lurked the boards. But the last few years I've just found everything pre 2008 just so boring. I don't even know why. If I'm going to go listen to a show, 99% of the time it's something from 2008 to now.

bartender_man 06-21-2016 05:25 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476196)
Nope not a member of The Family. Was once. Hate that place though. Those people are crazy.

I've been a fan for years. Never made a username on here. Just lurked the boards. But the last few years I've just found everything pre 2008 just so boring. I don't even know why. If I'm going to go listen to a show, 99% of the time it's something from 2008 to now.


Don't understand that thinking process but each to his own I guess....Did you burn out on listening to shows pre '08 maybe?

ajc_1988 06-21-2016 07:16 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

how the hell do you not like the 04/06 songs?

Hahninator 06-21-2016 09:40 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajc_1988 (Post 16476210)
how the hell do you not like the 04/06 songs?

Never have met anyone that dislikes Hello Again live or Good Good Time.

excitingjae 06-21-2016 10:08 AM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

This statement belongs in this thread: http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=317529

WidespreadMule3 06-21-2016 12:10 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

Whaaaa??!?! :ugh:ugh:ugh

To each his (or her) own, but I've never met anyone that feels that way. Is it just because of Tim?

TheLastPig 06-21-2016 12:16 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476196)
Nope not a member of The Family. Was once. Hate that place though. Those people are crazy.

I've been a fan for years. Never made a username on here. Just lurked the boards. But the last few years I've just found everything pre 2008 just so boring. I don't even know why. If I'm going to go listen to a show, 99% of the time it's something from 2008 to now.

:confused

Have you ever listened to LT2?

RSSR 06-21-2016 12:21 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

Now this is an original unpopular opinion. Must only like DMB's current rock sound and not their original jazzy sound, eh? Must only like Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King and AFTW.

If Tim is key, what do you think of RR95?

Hilly 06-21-2016 12:22 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
The people on this site pretty much hated this set:

Grey Street
When the World Ends
Crash into Me
Hello Again
Rhyme & Reason
Good Good Time
The Stone
Sugar Will
One Sweet World
Don't Drink the Water
Warehouse
Crazy Easy
The Space Between [tease]
I Did It
Where Are You Going
Joyride
Lie in Our Graves
Too Much
-----------------------------------
What Would You Say
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel

mthawk07 06-21-2016 12:28 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16476802)
The people on this site pretty much hated this set:

Grey Street
When the World Ends
Crash into Me
Hello Again
Rhyme & Reason
Good Good Time
The Stone
Sugar Will
One Sweet World
Don't Drink the Water
Warehouse
Crazy Easy
The Space Between [tease]
I Did It
Where Are You Going
Joyride
Lie in Our Graves
Too Much
-----------------------------------
What Would You Say
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel

Except no.

Looking at Tour Central, it has 4.3 stars based on the ratings of users who were there. Of the 46 other shows on that tour, only 15 have a better rating. So this site considers that show to be in the top 1/3 of the 2004 tour, which is widely considered the best tour since Everyday came out.

But don't let facts get in the way of you being wrong..............again.

Hilly 06-21-2016 12:31 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16476820)
Except no.

Looking at Tour Central, it has 4.3 stars based on the ratings of users who were there. Of the 46 other shows on that tour, only 15 have a better rating. So this site considers that show to be in the top 1/3 of the 2004 tour, which is widely considered the best tour since Everyday came out.

But don't let facts get in the way of you being wrong..............again.

In the revisionist history version of Ants, yup.

Here's what they said at the time:


Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyosk http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
this blows!


Quote:
Originally Posted by reds24 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
very weak set, night all, hopefully this weekend is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1389 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
Crazy Easy
Where Are You Going
I Did It

is a tough stretch


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhotwaves http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
what a boring set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMarsh http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
Wow, it would be like when you watch your favorite team go scoreless for a half hour. You keep telling yourself, "Something good will happen soon, I just know it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuffcharlie http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
not a fan of any of the new songs really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloween21 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
this set seems very uneventful

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds24 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
HOLY FUCK

are they trying to piss off the crowd or what


Quote:
Originally Posted by twosteppn36 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
im sorry maryland


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhotwaves http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
Weak show tonight. Blah. Hopefully this tour starts picking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrabyla30 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
If it hasn't picked up by now it never will. They are more than half-way through the first leg of the tour; the shows before the two week break.

Adam


Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan524 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
i just got in from the show....was I in hershey again? same songs just in a different order...only 4 different ones. and i have NEVER been so happy to hear crash, DDTW, i did it, and too much. the band is becoming like every other band and playing the same songs. hopefully camden will be better. another thing i noticed tonight. carter didnt even smile one time until more than halfway into the show. stefan didnt move one bit until too much. i honestly think they have forgotten about their hardcore fans who want to hear more rare stuff. definitely the second worse show i've been to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedJeff http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
I was hoping they popped out a different song tonight, but I guess that wasn't the case.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedJeff http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
Too Much and What You Are...shiver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOzimek1 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
... the set may look weak on paper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball41 http://antsmarching.org/forum/images...s/viewpost.gif
This show didn't hold a candle to Sunday nights show at Nissan. A major letdown after Sunday night and an extraordinarily average show.

ToySoldier#34 06-21-2016 12:35 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Is the same conversation just not going the way you wanted it to in the Baltimore/DC thread so you brought it to this one?

Hilly 06-21-2016 12:41 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16476839)
Is the same conversation just not going the way you wanted it to in the Baltimore/DC thread so you brought it to this one?

I just found it interesting. That seems to be a pretty well loved show that was hated at the time, so I thought I'd take my tangent out of that thread.

TheLastPig 06-21-2016 12:45 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
You do realize people would be very excited about that show today, right?

Goes to show, what was bad on the 2004 tour would be great now. Says alot, dont it?

excitingjae 06-21-2016 12:47 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
It's almost as if this fanbase (or the users here) don't know the band they seem to love. It seems like there are the same complaints about each tour every year.

Hilly 06-21-2016 12:48 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16476856)
You do realize people would be very excited about that show today, right?

Goes to show, what was bad on the 2004 tour would be great now. Says alot, dont it?

And they'll be saying the same thing about this tour in a few years!

TheLastPig 06-21-2016 12:51 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16476870)
And they'll be saying the same thing about this tour in a few years!

Oh joy begin! Things will keep going even more downhill! I cant wait!

ToySoldier#34 06-21-2016 12:52 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16476870)
And they'll be saying the same thing about this tour in a few years!


Haha ending that with an exclamation point


We are sucking now but we'll suck even more in a few years so by comparison we are playing well, what a great tour!

Hilly 06-21-2016 12:54 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 16476882)
Haha ending that with an exclamation point


We are sucking now but we'll suck even more in a few years so by comparison we are playing well, what a great tour!

I wouldn't say they are sucking now, just like I wouldn't say the sucked in 2004. God willing they're still playing shows in 2028, I would hope they wouldn't suck.

TheLastPig 06-21-2016 12:59 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16476886)
I wouldn't say they are sucking now, just like I wouldn't say the sucked in 2004. God willing they're still playing shows in 2028, I would hope they wouldn't suck.

You can try to justify it however you want, but they are as stale as they have ever been since the blossom show.

tyler3440 06-21-2016 01:00 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YNK4127 (Post 16476159)
Everything pre 2008 DMB bores me. Everything. I tried listening to some shows from 2000 and can't get through them. They bore me. 2004, same thing.

Holy hell man. Pre 2008 is a pure form of dmb sound. Anything in the 90s starting in about 95 or so to about 2005 Is as pure as you can get as far as sound is concerned. I even like the sound they had in 06, 07 better then the current sound

ToySoldier#34 06-21-2016 01:00 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilly (Post 16476886)
I wouldn't say they are sucking now, just like I wouldn't say the sucked in 2004. God willing they're still playing shows in 2028, I would hope they wouldn't suck.


Coming on stage 15 minutes to a half hour late, walking off after one song encores 15 minutes early, same songs on a loop played in the same slots, shows without any flow, lack of big songs being played, etc. The music they are actually playing is solid because it's the same thing over and over again, in terms of how they are playing I'll agree they aren't sucking.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.