Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

dmb9howell 05-16-2016 10:08 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

Can't Stop has the type of DMB dynamics that I like.
I won't elaborate now, but I doubt that makes sense.
I may report back.

tyler3440 05-16-2016 10:17 PM

Why is last stop and sugar will not one of the songs crossed out on the liberation list?

Dannyyankou 05-16-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 16420139)
Why is last stop and sugar will not one of the songs crossed out on the liberation list?

They updated the list and took them off completely.

ramiro24 05-17-2016 04:02 AM

Cant Stop and Be yourself are the worst songs this band will ever play at a show.

and they have some other bad ones but Cant stop is just so, so bad.

ramiro24 05-17-2016 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 16420139)

Cville was not part of the summer tour so that is why the liberation list was re updated.

tyler3440 05-17-2016 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiro24 (Post 16420598)
Cville was not part of the summer tour so that is why the liberation list was re updated.

Oh, well I guess this makes sense.

Utopia 05-17-2016 09:00 AM

Bartender electric has to come back this year, right!?

BTCS_JTR 05-17-2016 03:08 PM

I'm always very impressed with how Dave strums at the end of The Stone. Especially from Dave and Tim from Oakland last year.

RSSR 05-17-2016 03:18 PM

HBO and DMB needs to organize, schedule, and broadcast a specialty show for a national broadcast on HBO. I've been waiting for such a show since '00.

I fear the only HBO show we ever get is when DMB is inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2018, and it'll be Crash Into Me and Satellite at that.

WidespreadMule3 05-17-2016 03:34 PM

If DMB is a first ballot RnR HoF vote then there's going to be a TON of pissed off people. Rightfully so too. Tons of bands that deserve to be in there that aren't before DMB.

That said, RnR HoF is something of a joke.

TheLastPig 05-17-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WidespreadMule3 (Post 16421342)
If DMB is a first ballot RnR HoF vote then there's going to be a TON of pissed off people. Rightfully so too. Tons of bands that deserve to be in there that aren't before DMB.

It sure is, but is cool to go visit.

Every induction is just surrounded with drama/controversy

Dannyyankou 05-17-2016 05:56 PM

Really liking Death On The High Seas lately. The Woodlands sounded fantastic. Sounds like something out of a movie soundtrack.

twostep03 05-17-2016 06:45 PM

I like Death on The High Seas, but I can't stand the falsetto part ("Oh baby, don't you..."). If that part was cut out of the song, or the melody was changed it would become much better instantly

NewAgedNerd 05-17-2016 11:29 PM

Grey Street from LT25 Is HOT

Climb2safety 05-17-2016 11:41 PM

Quote:

I'll bite Mr. Widespread. Who are you thinking about that should be rightfully pissed if dmb got in first go around?

Todefy 05-18-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAgedNerd (Post 16422547)
Grey Street from LT25 Is HOT

:thumbsup One of my favorites. Love the dave speak at the end

spoot388 05-18-2016 03:07 AM

Quote:

i understand that there are other bands who may be deserving of being in the hall of fame, but why is DMB being a first ballot entry a bad thing? they're the highest grossing band of the last 15-20 years, the most consecutive #1 albums, paved the way for a new sound to which people like john mayer owe their career to, and use their fame for good with charities like farm aid and bama works. sure, DMB may not have the influence of the beatles and don't have a list of #1 singles that appeal to the masses like michael jackson, but what else do you want from a band to be deserving of being a first ballot induction?

Dannyyankou 05-18-2016 03:13 AM

DMB only has the most consecutive albums to DEBUT at #1 with six. The Beatles and Rolling Stones had eight consecutive #1 albums, but they didn't debut there. Still very impressive.

spoot388 05-18-2016 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 16423056)
DMB only has the most consecutive albums to DEBUT at #1 with six. The Beatles and Rolling Stones had eight consecutive #1 albums, but they didn't debut there. Still very impressive.

you knew what i meant :lol

GruvnDMBRiddims 05-18-2016 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 16421597)
Really liking Death On The High Seas lately. The Woodlands sounded fantastic. Sounds like something out of a movie soundtrack.

It was great live, I like this tune (musically & melodically, at least...)
It sounds tighter & more refined than previous versions I've heard... to me, DOTHS sounds a lot like Mercy's ambitious, yet depressed/bipolar little brother...
(also, the outro to Pig sounds like a similar chord progression)

I feel like there's more to this one we haven't heard yet, such as an epic ascension of a jam at the end.

joethatch13 05-18-2016 10:35 AM

Does anyone else always notice the dude that yells, "YES!!" when Stefan goes into Crush on Live Trax 29 CD2?

WidespreadMule3 05-18-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16422597)
I'll bite Mr. Widespread. Who are you thinking about that should be rightfully pissed if dmb got in first go around?

Wasn't trying to be click-baiting or devil's advocate. A lot of people really hate DMB, especially from the Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. camps. I'm in several record collector groups on FB and just seeing how they react to the nominees makes me think they would really hate for DMB to be in the HoF before a lot of other acts make it in.

Not saying I agree with them. Like others have mentioned, they have the accolades to deserve being inducted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 16423055)
i understand that there are other bands who may be deserving of being in the hall of fame, but why is DMB being a first ballot entry a bad thing? they're the highest grossing band of the last 15-20 years, the most consecutive #1 albums, paved the way for a new sound to which people like john mayer owe their career to, and use their fame for good with charities like farm aid and bama works. sure, DMB may not have the influence of the beatles and don't have a list of #1 singles that appeal to the masses like michael jackson, but what else do you want from a band to be deserving of being a first ballot induction?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I just see lots of people not liking it. IMO they do deserve it - they have the accolades.

OleMissRebels 05-18-2016 11:38 AM

Why doesn't DMB do couch tour like Phish and so many other bands? They would make a killing.

daveshookme 05-18-2016 01:01 PM

The reaction to dive in in Dallas was pathetic.

dontdrink36 05-18-2016 08:33 PM

Some on the PIED Facebook group asked what was everyone's least favorite song. So far the winners are Satellite and Proudest Monkey! Someone else said Pig!!! What the actual fuck!

Dannyyankou 05-18-2016 08:39 PM

The best version of Shotgun is 6.21.08 and it should've made the Warehouse disc.

dontdrink36 05-18-2016 08:40 PM

https://m.facebook.com/groups/144284...78311702424334

Here's the link, it's quite interesting

TheLastPig 05-18-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyyankou (Post 16424510)
The best version of Shotgun is 6.21.08 and it should've made the Warehouse disc.

Hershey 2012 is better

ToySoldier#34 05-18-2016 09:01 PM

D&T 3/31/03 should be released

Dannyyankou 05-18-2016 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16424525)
Hershey 2012 is better

That's a solid version. The lyrics to 6.21 are devestating though, as they're obviously about Anne.

You almost got to the door
you almost made it to freedom
and because you never could

Come back
come back
come back
come back
come back
come back

Sister, mother, what now?
never got freedom
never wanted you gone