Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Come Tomorrow (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   How are you going to listen on Friday? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=347713)

douglaskg41 06-05-2018 11:09 AM

How are you going to listen on Friday?

Are you going to run a nice bath perhaps? Pour a glass of wine, light a candle and lose yourself in the first DMB album since 2012?

Are you going to listen straight through? Maybe skid Samurai Cop? Is there a song you've been waiting on and must hear first?

Are you going for a big stereo sound, headphones or maybe a nice drive with the windows down and the volume cranked up?

I'm going to be busy as all hell on Friday, but will be blaring it in my car as I run around God's creation. I'll probably skip Cop and let it play from there. Once I get the vinyl, I'll get cozy with it one night and just let it play.

EDIT: Dear Mod's, My bad... meant to post this in Come Tomorrow. Please move if you feel it necessary. Peace!

dmbbearcat 06-05-2018 11:12 AM

Re: How are you going to listen on Friday?

Quote:

Originally Posted by douglaskg41 (Post 17135168)
Are you going to run a nice bath perhaps? Pour a glass of wine, light a candle and lose yourself in the first DMB album since 2012?

Are you going to listen straight through? Maybe skid Samurai Cop? Is there a song you've been waiting on and must hear first?

Are you going for a big stereo sound, headphones or maybe a nice drive with the windows down and the volume cranked up?

I'm going to be busy as all hell on Friday, but will be blaring it in my car as I run around God's creation. I'll probably skip Cop and let it play from there. Once I get the vinyl, I'll get cozy with it one night and just let it play.

Be sure to listen while the Reds are on TV so that you can simultaneously have an awful visual and audio experience. ;)

I will probably work from home in the morning and listen while I work. I expect to be underwhelmed, so I might as well be productive.

Bmwm3oz 06-05-2018 11:16 AM

Wait, what are we talking about? Is it a live stream thing?

Edit: Oh, the new album. Good question, no plans lol

onetwothree 06-05-2018 11:17 AM

I plan on listening when Tickmaster mails me the cd, in years past I’d be all kinds of excited not the case this time around

douglaskg41 06-05-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17135188)
Wait, what are we talking about? Is it a live stream thing?

https://media.giphy.com/media/MACp8o4fXZfAA/giphy.gif

cpxc. 06-05-2018 11:18 AM

i'm going to wear my good church socks and go full jerk to this album.

mray10 06-05-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetwothree (Post 17135191)
I plan on listening when Tickmaster mails me the cd, in years past I’d be all kinds of excited not the case this time around

So, sometime in July?

mray10 06-05-2018 11:22 AM

I'm on the west coast so probably I'll listen on Apple Music when it goes up Thursday night. That's the best chance for me to have some peace and quiet as well. Otherwise there's work and kids and craziness all the time.

chadizzy1 06-05-2018 11:34 AM

I prefer my first listen to be on vinyl, in my room, with a good pair of headphones. But the vinyl is delayed.

I'll be driving to Chicago Friday so I'll be listening to the download in my car on the drive. I think it'll be a good listen, I won't have any distractions.

MarvinBerry 06-05-2018 11:37 AM

Gonna pick this bastard up at Target and listen on my 3 hour drive to Duluth

Bmwm3oz 06-05-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17135242)
I prefer my first listen to be on vinyl, in my room, with a good pair of headphones. But the vinyl is delayed.

I'll be driving to Chicago Friday so I'll be listening to the download in my car on the drive. I think it'll be a good listen, I won't have any distractions.

Which room specifically?

TimHonks 06-05-2018 11:41 AM

Going to a lake house this weekend and this will be a nice treat to listen to on the way up.

Captainnumber36 06-05-2018 11:52 AM

Whenever it's released Thursday night, I'll either sit in my rocking chair and lay on the couch in the basement and listen! :)

jabco 06-05-2018 11:57 AM

I think I heard this morning Sirius/XM's Jam On station is going to have Dave on for a track-by-track run-through this Friday. I thought I heard it was going to be like 11pm, but I can't find anything on it to verify.

cry_minarets458 06-05-2018 11:59 AM

probably won't listen to it on friday

CatchThePhoenix 06-05-2018 11:59 AM

Heading up to the South Carolina Lowcountry for the weekend. Probably listen on the drive up and on the way home.

chadizzy1 06-05-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17135258)
Which room specifically?

My vinyl setup is in my bedroom. I used to have it in my living room but my son kept messing with it, so I relocated it :lol

Mono 06-05-2018 12:07 PM

Scotch and headphones. Eyes closed. Possibly naked.

Roose13 06-05-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwm3oz (Post 17135258)
Which room specifically?

His full jerk room

ElijahSoRight72 06-05-2018 12:29 PM

My pair of Klipsch, laying on my bed, my eyes closed.

Bmwm3oz 06-05-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadizzy1 (Post 17135339)
My vinyl setup is in my bedroom. I used to have it in my living room but my son kept messing with it, so I relocated it :lol

Interesting lol...

PhillySpecial 06-05-2018 12:34 PM

Maker's Mark mint julep (don't judge me) and headphones. I wish my 38 year old self could still smoke week without going into a full blow panic attack (again, don't judge me).

BTCS_JTR 06-05-2018 12:46 PM

Adderall, a glass of whiskey, and Diesel Jeans

paultwood1 06-05-2018 12:47 PM

Getting my wisdom teeth out on Thursday, so most likely hopped up on pain meds with gauze everywhere. Sounds like a good way to experience it.

The2SteppingPig 06-05-2018 12:49 PM

Nice headphone in a comfy chair on Thursday night probably.

gravedigger13 06-05-2018 01:04 PM

I live in Michigan and I'm driving Up North Friday morning. I'm going to get a large Tim Horton's coffee, turn on my Bluetooth in my car, roll up the windows and crank the album through Apple Music.

rhizingbines 06-05-2018 01:13 PM

I like that bath idea. Maybe I’ll do that.

Either way...

Headphones, dark, and stoned out of my mind.

KClaw 06-05-2018 01:18 PM

Digital download at midnight with headphones on. Probably at least 2 run throughs. Then trip to target for the CD the next day with I will blast in my car. Should be a good time!

DannoMac21 06-05-2018 02:03 PM

Probably going to take a nice, fat dab and sit back with some headphones.

thestone213 06-05-2018 02:58 PM

I opted for the actual cd when using my ticket code. Anyone have any idea when these cd’s are mailed out? It would be great to be able to listen on my way up north Friday night. However, something tells me that it will show up in the mail Monday morning..