Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Summer Tour Warm Up Videos (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324412)

ToySoldier#34 05-16-2019 09:39 PM

Re: Summer Tour Warm Up Videos

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 17450543)
That version actually wasn't completely terrible. What the f*** is happening to me...

They play it well

tyler3440 05-16-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinifan (Post 17450543)
That version actually wasn't completely terrible. What the f*** is happening to me...

I think Jeff coffin is great, but this is his worst song IMO. He to talked for it, like he attacks the music way too fast. I sounds just like SNL music. Plus the shotgun interp isnít my favorite.

2018: https://youtu.be/Oou5gxv4KaE

2005: https://youtu.be/VzjjFcjuzj0

2005: https://youtu.be/4d8OP92_o84

2005 was just way smother. Anyway, this song just needs to die.

tyler3440 05-16-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler3440 (Post 17450551)
I think Jeff coffin is great, but this is his worst song IMO. He is too good for it, like he attacks the music way too fast. It sounds just like SNL music. Plus the shotgun interp isn’t my favorite.

2018: https://youtu.be/Oou5gxv4KaE

2005: https://youtu.be/VzjjFcjuzj0

2005: https://youtu.be/4d8OP92_o84

2005 was just way smother. Anyway, this song just needs to die.

Had to edit my quote because it didn’t make sense because of auto correct haha

seanbrutus 05-16-2019 10:54 PM

Stand Up with Buddy is good. Never really hated this tune. Don’t search it out at a show, but with Buddy, I’ll take it.

Whiteyxc514 05-16-2019 11:37 PM

Of course they posted this on Instagram where links arenít even clickable. Of course.

Really knocking it out of the park with these song selections too.

triplechin89 05-16-2019 11:57 PM

Stop trying to make stand up happen. It’s not going to happen.

seanbrutus 05-17-2019 12:09 AM

So much shade in this thread all the time lol. You know you guys don't have to watch the videos right? They aren't my favorite songs, but damn they all make sense.

Funny was the first single off of their biggest album of the last decade plus.
You & Me was the big single off of the same album.
Stand Up features Buddy heavily in a unique way that showcases what he brings to the band.

I didn't think Funny was the best take, and sure there are better song selections, but they all make sense. I dug the Stand Up version, and am just happy for the free videos.

Dannyyankou 05-17-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanbrutus (Post 17450645)
So much shade in this thread all the time lol. You know you guys don't have to watch the videos right? They aren't my favorite songs, but damn they all make sense.

Stand Up features Buddy heavily in a unique way that showcases what he brings to the band.

I didn't think Funny was the best take, and sure there are better song selections, but they all make sense. I dug the Stand Up version, and am just happy for the free videos.

Big Whiskey was released 10 years ago (holy shit where did the time go).

It would've made more sense to pick a song from Come Tomorrow, like Samurai Cop or Again and Again.

Unedited 05-17-2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Funny & You and Me were the last time the band was relevant

tyler3440 05-17-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Funny and Y&M are terrible choices. This series goes back to like 2013, and Iím pretty sure both have been released maybe a few times. Itís not 2009 anymore, and these arenít the type of songs that need another release. Hopefully, they will get to Hello Again, Typical, YNK, 41, Minarets, Crush, Bartender, IOY, B&BB, VITR, BOWA, JTR, Lover etc. soon. Should have picked WYA over Y&M 100%. WYA has never had a release in this series and was only played 2 times the whole summer. Way better choice.

DMBlunts 05-17-2019 08:18 AM

If I was going to a DMB show, and a friend played Funny, You & Me and Stand Up as warm up songs on the ride there...we probably wouldn't hang out much afterwards.

ToySoldier#34 05-17-2019 08:42 AM

I'd probably continue hanging out with a friend regardless of any band playing any song

drop2d 05-17-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17450704)
I'd probably continue hanging out with a friend regardless of any band playing any song

:thumbsup I'll still hang out with pathetic even though he played Pearl Jam on the way to the DMB shows we went to together. :lol

kmb40oz 05-17-2019 09:27 AM

I like everything about Stand Up beside the repetitive "stand up" over and over again.

btpeters 05-17-2019 09:41 AM

If stand up had no lyrics and was purely an instrumental like KKJ was on Busted Stuff...I don't think people would have as much a problem with it. And that poster above was right, they do play it pretty well right now. Just like another stand up tune Dreamgirl, many get stuck on the whole "Dig a hole all the way to China" line and it blinds them from what is an all right song overall (The instrumentals on it are pretty terrific imo. (Admittedly, love Dave's riff and the sax outro). But then again, the bros tend to not like the radio pop slow tunes Dave usually puts on an album, so that's a thing too.

Sure, that's a little defense on a couple reviled tunes. But, I'm also not begging for them at my next show either.

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-17-2019 09:46 AM

I would absolutely enjoy Stand Up the song if it had been an instrumental. Instrumental numbers are too few, and the lyrics are by far the worst part about Stand Up, Stand Up, Stand Up

dubmc91 05-17-2019 11:10 AM

It's not just the lyrics to Stand Up that are bad. Dave's vocal delivery is also atrocious. He just sort of shits the words out of his mouth. He's not singing.

alec 05-17-2019 12:01 PM

Looking forward to Steady As We Go being the next warm up video. NOT!

SeeMoreDMB 05-17-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubmc91 (Post 17450859)
It's not just the lyrics to Stand Up that are bad. Dave's vocal delivery is also atrocious. He just sort of shits the words out of his mouth. He's not singing.

He is definitely singing. What you said makes no sense.

Cptn. Monkeyman 05-17-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMoreDMB (Post 17451012)

Stand Up, Stand Up, Stand Up, Stand Up

dubmc91 05-17-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMoreDMB (Post 17451012)

No he isn't. I might give you "groaning" but not singing.

What you said makes no sense.

imnothingman 05-26-2019 03:05 PM

Are they only releasing new Warm Up videoes while the tour is active?

terjon2604 05-27-2019 11:23 PM

thanks a TON for the rips on these!! did someone rip the youtube streams from last year?

tyler3440 05-27-2019 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnothingman (Post 17457792)
Are they only releasing new Warm Up videoes while the tour is active?

Probably once we get closer to the Camden dates

SeeMoreDMB 05-28-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubmc91 (Post 17451246)
No he isn't. I might give you "groaning" but not singing.

What you said makes no sense.

The lyrics in the verses are indisputably sung. That's a fact, not an opinion. Let's keep things based in reality here people.

dubmc91 05-28-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeMoreDMB (Post 17458354)
The lyrics in the verses are indisputably sung. That's a fact, not an opinion. Let's keep things based in reality here people.

Let me clarify:

What he's doing in the verses qualifies under the dictionary definition of "singing".

I just find it unpleasant, droning, and a lot like the first 20 or so seconds of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k211h3tMeGQ

So sure you got me - he's singing his damn heart out. I promise to only post literal takes from here on out.

Jackstraw343 05-28-2019 07:42 PM

warm up? more like fruit roll up? better but still delicious from the outside in.

Dannyyankou 05-29-2019 05:17 PM

Not a warm up video, but they posted That Girl Is You with PHJB from C-Ville:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7CRK5FRY_E

YankeesDMB41 05-29-2019 07:15 PM

How could you watch that and not smile?

tyler3440 05-29-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeesDMB41 (Post 17459658)
How could you watch that and not smile?

Because the song sucks