Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Extensive Collection of DMB Fan Tapes and Broadcasts in the Cloud (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=358404)

Vacubsfan 07-06-2022 02:42 PM

Extensive Collection of DMB Fan Tapes and Broadcasts in the Cloud

Hello everyone. Some of you may remember a user who posted an offer to us where he would give us a copy of his extensive library (through 2020) of DMB (and D&T, Dave solo, etc) tapes if we would buy an external drive and send to him. I was one of the folks who took him up on his offer and got my drive last year. In the mean time, I set up an account in the Cloud and proceeded to upload everything on that drive (over 5TB) into that environment while I also added all known 2021 and 2022 tapes.

I am happy to say that I am sharing the link to this Cloud site with this community. It goes back to the beginning (and pre-dates in some cases) of the band and has several shows / versions that are not on this site or seeded on Dreaming Tree anymore. I have shared this link with a few of you and those that run the DMB Almanac and have heard that there are some fairly rare sources available here.

If there's anything you think is missing that is fully trade-able (everything in this library should be), please let me know as I'm always looking for the most complete collection I can have.

I'm hoping this opens up new sources for some of you and/or makes for easier downloads for those who haven't mastered torrents.

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/folder/ti5zFS7B#JfAV7fTeCqkqMSpawRG9Yg

--Vacubsfan

JboDaveGuyYNK 07-06-2022 02:49 PM

Re: Extensive Collection of DMB Fan Tapes and Broadcasts in the Cloud

This is sick. Much appreciated!

theGIG15 07-06-2022 03:19 PM

What an incredible resource - thank you so much for doing this!

BTCS_JTR 07-06-2022 03:37 PM

This rules. Thanks OP

Cptn. Monkeyman 07-06-2022 05:29 PM

Woah, I do remember this. Thank you, this is very cool for the community!

coldengrey12 07-06-2022 06:50 PM

Wow! What a massive undertaking! Thank you!

Vacubsfan 07-07-2022 06:59 AM

I got a private question on this, so thought I'd send to the group. I plan on leaving this up indefinitely (there is a hosting cost for cloud of this size, but it is manageable). There is a monthly limit to the number of TB's that can be downloaded, but as long as multiple people aren't out there trying to download the whole catalog, that should be plenty.

Enjoy!

Jamima2fl 07-07-2022 07:46 AM

I think it would be great if an ADMIN could sticky / pin this... great source.

cpxc. 07-07-2022 08:05 AM

Thank you OP!

BruceW 07-07-2022 09:21 AM

This is awesome, thank you!

Joecoolness1 07-07-2022 09:37 AM

Wow, amazing! Thank you, OP!!!

TheStone91 07-10-2022 06:34 PM

Can we please get this OP pinned or whatever it’s called?

#40BigEyedFish 07-11-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vacubsfan (Post 18227895)

holy hell...i haven't gotten this feeling since i downloaded Napster with a T1 connection in my freshmen dorm 22 years ago.....

tripeyedfish 07-11-2022 11:30 PM

So awesome. Thanks for posting this

coyn113 07-12-2022 04:34 AM

huge resource here, thank you very much

Beauford3641 07-12-2022 05:01 AM

My very first show is on here (7-9-00 at Foxboro Stadium). I am absolutely going to listen to this. Thank you so much for sharing this incredible wealth of riches.

grilldanmo 07-12-2022 05:20 AM

Can't wait to explore. I'll be trying to find and DL every show we've seen, it will be cool to add more of these to our collection.

Thank you for all the effort.

Pmfnharris 07-12-2022 04:31 PM

Any idea on how many/which one of these are SBD/Webcast rip quality?

Chair1983 07-12-2022 06:47 PM

This is amazing. Thank you so much!

Vacubsfan 07-12-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pmfnharris (Post 18231746)
Any idea on how many/which one of these are SBD/Webcast rip quality?

Lots. Much of the early stuff (before mid 1995) is and there’s a bunch of webcast / Sirius stuff in here too (which comes mostly in last 4-5 years).

Best way to tell is to look at the folder names. If the name has ASBD or DSBD it’s a sound board (analog or digital). Folders with AUD are taped from the audience. Most of the Webcast or Sirius streams also have those words in the folder name.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHappy 07-13-2022 07:39 AM

My first show from 1996 is here! Amazing! Thank you!

Gravedigger789 07-13-2022 07:55 AM

This is truly amazing. Listening to my first show now (07/05/05 - Stone opener).

With Flac files accessible/playable on iphone/droid via mega upload, its insane to think I can listen to this anytime. What an incredible gift to this community.

Thank you so much!!!

Syco54645 07-13-2022 11:15 AM

This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing!!! I feel compelled to share this in case others missed it originally. I wrote an application called TagBot to help with tagging of dmb shows. It uses an external database that I am keeping up to date with the tour. I usually get it updated the night of the show but sometimes it takes a bit. Anyway the app will pull in the setlist, venue, date, etc for the show and apply them to the files. It currently supports flac and mp3 but I have intention of redoing the tags to support basically any format.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, you can find it here. Feedback is always welcome. https://github.com/Syco54645/TagBot

djamieb 07-13-2022 12:44 PM

@Vacubsfan : Wow!!! Thank you so much for this!! I appreciate your time and massive effort here. Super generous, bud! :bounce

Dannyyankou 07-13-2022 01:01 PM

The hosting fees for an account like that are at least $200/year. If you want to set up a donation link or something OP, I'm sure a lot of us would chip in haha

ExistenceNow 07-13-2022 01:28 PM

I'm pretty sure this is, while very cool, is in violation of DMB's taping policy since it is not P2P. I've asked the admins for clarification, so for now will leave it up.

Quote:

In addition to helping fans recreate the live experience, we hope tape trading will foster greater interaction within the fan community. Any method of trading that does not involve personal fan interaction defeats the spirit of this goal of the taping policy and is not authorized.
They allow us to do torrents because they are part of a forum. I think this is probably a bridge too far.

Vacubsfan 07-13-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExistenceNow (Post 18232491)
I'm pretty sure this is, while very cool, is in violation of DMB's taping policy since it is not P2P. I've asked the admins for clarification, so for now will leave it up.

They allow us to do torrents because they are part of a forum. I think this is probably a bridge too far.

I sat on this for quite some time and asked a few folks/tapers before I did this. Probably a gray area but decided to post because a) it is my personal library that I am sharing P2P and b) i pay for this out of my own pocket and will never accept $ and c) I didn't want to host some of these sources as torrents from my personal network due to bandwidth / local desktop concerns. So I built this in the cloud and made the call to share.

I will honor whatever you decide is appropriate for your site. I hope this is seen as what it is...an honest attempt to share tapes with folks that want them and get joy out of them. This community has shared so much with me...I just wanted to return some of the favor.

yatescory@hotma 07-13-2022 02:26 PM

Would stink if this gets removed.

Syco54645 07-13-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yatescory@hotma (Post 18232529)

as long as the link doesnt change we can share it on the DL ;) ;)

Erich 07-13-2022 04:10 PM

I'm currently on vacation so I can't go through these, but... what's the status for the d+t '99 tour? I've been looking to collect and name all the Tim solos from that tour for the past 20 years, yet I never was able to get a full set to listen to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yatescory@hotma (Post 18232529)

18 years of lurking and this brings you out :lol Welcome, old timer!