Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 06-15-2017 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Montreal is hilarious.

Alazais 06-16-2017 06:40 AM

^ It's a pretty good move for them. They now have 2 REALLY solid lines. I imagine they throw patches and drouin on a line and have Radulov drive the other line. I wouldn't be surprised to see Drouin put in 70 points next year.

Realistically, the Canadiens have 1-2 years to win the cup and their window closes. They're doing whatever they can to go all in to make it happen. I hate them, so they'll fail. But that's their play.

fonzz41 06-16-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16816607)
^ It's a pretty good move for them. They now have 2 REALLY solid lines. I imagine they throw patches and drouin on a line and have Radulov drive the other line. I wouldn't be surprised to see Drouin put in 70 points next year.

Realistically, the Canadiens have 1-2 years to win the cup and their window closes. They're doing whatever they can to go all in to make it happen. I hate them, so they'll fail. But that's their play.

Yeah, they're kinda like the Rangers in the sense that they want to capitalize on having an amazing goalie, winning one while they still have him.

TMoore4075 06-16-2017 12:20 PM

I need some trades here people. Trouba, a Wild d-man, someone.

dmbetc 06-17-2017 08:26 AM

I don't think Dustin goes to Vegas. There's still a high chance, but I think he stays in LA.

I'll be in Hawaii with him during the expansion draft so it'll be interesting day for sure!

Roose13 06-17-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16817506)
I don't think Dustin goes to Vegas. There's still a high chance, but I think he stays in LA.

I'll be in Hawaii with him during the expansion draft so it'll be interesting day for sure!

Aren't we a balla :lol:lol

I feel like he would be a good fit in Vegas.

lockman21 06-17-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16817506)

Shoot! I'm missing you by a week there.

dmbetc 06-17-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16817625)
Shoot! I'm missing you by a week there.

Damn, you're going to Maui? It'll be my first trip to Hawaii. I'm super excited!

dmbetc 06-17-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16817558)
Aren't we a balla :lol:lol

I feel like he would be a good fit in Vegas.

:lol you know me Roose..high roller...or something

I think he would be a good fit too. I wouldn't be against it if they took him.

salrx95 06-17-2017 08:55 PM

Avoided all set lists to be surprised at what D&T were playing and man,they were so awesome tonight. Really enjoyed it. First D&T since 2003.

Now get me a stud garth to play alongside JT

barbogast 06-18-2017 03:58 AM

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in here. On the grind every day. Super dads. Enjoy it, fellas.

barbogast 06-18-2017 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16817815)
Damn, you're going to Maui? It'll be my first trip to Hawaii. I'm super excited!

I went to Oahu for my honeymoon. Absolutely unreal. I hear Maui is even better. I think you're gonna love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16817836)
Avoided all set lists to be surprised at what D&T were playing and man,they were so awesome tonight. Really enjoyed it. First D&T since 2003.

Now get me a stud garth to play alongside JT

Glad you had fun, looked like some good shows. Did you do both nights?

Go Caps. (See this post is about hockey too)

lockman21 06-18-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16817815)

I'm still deciding. Was going to spend a couple days on Waikiki Beach and then hop over to Maui for a couple, but I might flip flop that too. Or just stay at one. Idk yet.

Let me know if y'all need recommendations!

JRS1386 06-18-2017 07:43 AM

Happy fathers day to you fine folks with offspring

lockman21 06-18-2017 07:59 AM

Lol wtf is Detroit doing

~Crashintome89~ 06-18-2017 08:03 AM

happy fathers day to Kev, Barbs, Tim, and adam foote jr.

Roose13 06-18-2017 09:17 AM

LOL some of these protected lists are idiotic. Oshie and Fisher are available while Luke Schenn is considered untouchable :lol

bradshaw06 06-18-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16817957)
LOL some of these protected lists are idiotic. Oshie and Fisher are available while Luke Schenn is considered untouchable :lol

What do you mean? Oshie and fisher are ufa's so they don't have to be protected.

barbogast 06-18-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16817970)
What do you mean? Oshie and fisher are ufa's so they don't have to be protected.

I'm a little unclear on how this works, so forgive my ignorance.

Vegas can still technically select a UFA it would just be silly for them to do so, is that right? Because all the UFAs are showing as available for selection per NHL's release. I thought the deal was that teams are not allowed to protect their UFAs, not that they don't have to.

fonzz41 06-18-2017 10:42 AM

Cracks me up, all the people ragging on guys who wouldn't waive their NMCs.

fonzz41 06-18-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16817991)
I'm a little unclear on how this works, so forgive my ignorance.

Vegas can still technically select a UFA it would just be silly for them to do so, is that right? Because all the UFAs are showing as available for selection per NHL's release. I thought the deal was that teams are not allowed to protect their UFAs, not that they don't have to.

Right. And it would count as their pick from that team the UFA was with. So if Vegas selected Joe Thornton, that would count as their pick from SJ. Even though they'd still have to sign him.

Roose13 06-18-2017 02:25 PM

Wait, so why the hell are UFAs on the list? Is it because "technically" they're on the team before free agency? Is the draft happening before FA?

bradshaw06 06-18-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16818088)
Wait, so why the hell are UFAs on the list? Is it because "technically" they're on the team before free agency? Is the draft happening before FA?

Yes to both. Makes it kinda confusing.

Roose13 06-18-2017 03:18 PM

Yea, that's what threw my friend and I off earlier when we first went through the lists and were a bit miffed to both. Hey, regardless if there's a risk or not, I would take a player like Oshie and sign him. You take a lesser goalie like Neuvirth, who doesn't have a high contract over the next two years, and put money saved toward a top-liner like Oshie.

barbogast 06-18-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16818088)

Because Vegas could, if they so choose, pick a player on an expiring contract. The Vegas selections have to in by Wednesday and contracts are good until July 1. Like Matty said, if they DO pick a player who is expiring then a) they can't pick anyone else from that team (like the Thornton example) and b) would be responsible for signing him, which Joe would be under no obligation to do so. So it doesn't make much sense for Vegas to pick a UFA, but they can if they wish. I think I saw that 20 of the players selected must be under contract for 17-18. The other 10 don't have to be.

Hope that clears it up.

barbogast 06-18-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16818108)
Yea, that's what threw my friend and I off earlier when we first went through the lists and were a bit miffed to both. Hey, regardless if there's a risk or not, I would take a player like Oshie and sign him. You take a lesser goalie like Neuvirth, who doesn't have a high contract over the next two years, and put money saved toward a top-liner like Oshie.

Right, but again, Oshie has no obligation to sign. So unless there's a deal basically already in place, it would be incredibly risky.

salrx95 06-18-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16817881)

Glad you had fun, looked like some good shows. Did you do both nights?

Go Caps. (See this post is about hockey too)

Nope. Just Saturday.

Happy Father's Day guys !!!

Isles unprotected list has me nervous

~Crashintome89~ 06-18-2017 08:23 PM

yo, this week coming up is going to be the bomb dot com

hailtopitt 06-18-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16818323)
yo, this week coming up is going to be the bomb dot com

#1975 #garageleague

lockman21 06-18-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16818108)

Yeah, but that makes no sense for multiple reasons.

1) Oshie is under no obligation to sign with them.
2) They can draft SOMEONE that has actual value to them instead. Whether it's a prospect or a roster player, they could pull someone from the Caps and immediately flip that player for draft picks, etc.
3) Remember, they're building their farm system from scratch, too. It's not just the parent club.

If you want Oshie, you approach him as a free agent. It makes literally no sense to take any UFA in the expansion draft. There's SOMEONE under contract that has value on every roster, in some way, shape or form. Vegas needs to maximize every single pick and at the very least, flip it for something. They can't get enough draft picks.