Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 08:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Yeah Hank isn't getting any younger. Feel bad for him.

unccrombie 05-10-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16785874)
Impressive by the Senators

For sure, team has personified the never give up mentality

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16785902)
Lots of rags fans calling for AV's head.

My only issues with the Rangers this postseason, AV wise, was his bench shortening which lead to the 3 goal OT winner and his inability to get the power play going. The latter, is a team thing and has been a staple of Rangers teams for the past couple years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16785984)
Tough finish for our Ranger people. Sorry to y'all.

Agree with Lockman that I feel especially bad for Hank. As much as I don't like the Rangers I've always liked him a lot. Not sure how many more shots the Rangers are gonna get before he's done.

The defense of the Rangers really hurt Henrik this year, normally it's the offense, so it's been a tough season to swallow. Lots of learning and mistakes on the back end left him plenty vulnerable throughout the year. He IS slowing down though, you could see it mid season and at certain times in this series.

Overall, given the defense situation when the season started it was an OK season. Tough to be in such a strong division, but the Rangers had 2 very probably chances to win both series. Where they ended seemed about right, positionally, not over achieving (beating the caps/pens) or underachieving (sens had equal regulation losses in the regular season).

jrkarger 05-10-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16785810)
But hey, they'll get the Winter Classic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16785836)
Against the...Sabres? Yay?

This is weird...

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/5/...sic-citi-field

Quote:

Buffalo will technically be the hosts for the 10th Winter Classic as the Rangers have some complicated regulations regarding their playing all their home games at Madison Square Garden.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 09:07 AM

The home team....6 hours from home. lol

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 09:08 AM

I will say again though, really rooting for Anderson. That would be a hell of a story.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 09:49 AM

End of the season post:

Well, we all kind of knew this was coming with the Rangers. Let me start by saying, hats off to the Sens. They 100% won this series as much as the Rangers lost it. They wanted it more, never gave up and were 100% more deserving of being the team to move on. I wish them all the luck next round.

As for the Rangers. Another season of lost opportunity. I said before the second round started that I would be shocked if the Rangers lost to the Sens, what I should have said is that I wouldn't be surprised though. The Rangers are a good team but not a great team. Great teams find a way to get it done. The Rangers seem to only be able to get it done if one of their players has a family tragedy that unites the team...and I am just not rooting for that to happen.

I came to terms with the fact that the NY Rangers were not winning a Cup with this group after the 2015 loss to Tampa. That has made the past two years easier to handle, but I am still frustrated. My biggest fear as a fan is a slow death of the current group before a rebuild happens. I think that is what we are seeing. Even though the Rangers have some good young pieces, they are going to need some big personal changes before they are a legit contender again.

The defense was not great and often times miss used. The offense was okay, but not good enough to outscore the other team when they needed to. Hank was great in round one, but just okay-solid in round 2. The coaching was horrific all playoffs.

Off season goals: Continue to get younger and move out older players. It is time to start thinking about hitting the reset button. Finally, it is time to relieve AV of his duties as coach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 16785874)
Impressive by the Senators

Impressive desire and drive by the Sens carried them convincingly past a team that was more talented and experienced. Absolutely good on the Sens. I wonder how they will do against the Caps or Pens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16785902)
Lots of rags fans calling for AV's head.

As they should. AV is 100% responsible for this outcome. Completely showed no ability to manage his roster this playoffs. Played a short bench all playoffs long in the last 5-10 minutes of games and it bit him in the ass. Little fact said on the radio today, the NY Rangers have blown more late leads than any other team in the NHL (during the playoffs) over the past 5 years.

Remember, this is not a new thing with this team. The Rangers had late leads in both of the first games of the SCF in 2014 and blew them only to lose in OT. It is a trend that has been going on for way to long. The Rangers should have been up 2-0 in the SCF coming home in 2014. They should have been up 2-0 coming home in this series. Sounds all to familiar.

AV's time is up and the fans have every right to be calling for his head after the way the team played this series. The Organization owes us that in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16785955)
God, I just feel so bad for Lundqvist. One of those guys I just pray get the chance to skate around with the Cup above his head one day.

I say this every year, but man I feel for Hank. He came to the cursed NY Rangers and will pay the price for it by never winning the damn thing. This team sucks. It is the worst Original Six team by far. Only 1 Cup in 75 years. The window is shut (I mean, I knew it was shut the past two years). Hank will not win on this team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16785984)
Tough finish for our Ranger people. Sorry to y'all.

Agree with Lockman that I feel especially bad for Hank. As much as I don't like the Rangers I've always liked him a lot. Not sure how many more shots the Rangers are gonna get before he's done.

The hockey gods gave the Caps a gift. Just gotta get through tonight.

But as you all know, until they prove me wrong, I pick the Pens to win.

Again, Hank is screwed as long as he is a Ranger. That said, Barbs, the Sens are beatable. Your Caps have the best chance they have ever had in front of them. Go get it done.

If the Caps lose, Hank and Ovie need to go win a cup together in Vegas :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16785998)
Yeah Hank isn't getting any younger. Feel bad for him.

Unless he agrees to a trade to a legit contender, he missed his window. They were so close, but didn't get it done. Hank will be one of the greatest in NY Rangers history, but will ultimately be forgotten because only winners get remembered. Especially in NY.

Anyway, I thought the Rangers would lose to Montreal, so I did get bonus hockey from what I expected. I am looking forward to a couple of stress-free game sevens!

~Crashintome89~ 05-10-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16785955)
God, I just feel so bad for Lundqvist. One of those guys I just pray get the chance to skate around with the Cup above his head one day.

Nah.

And I met the guy. :lol :lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcc522 (Post 16785961)
lol

hockey

kewl story bruh

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 10:18 AM

Yeah I must be in the minority but I strongly dislike Lundqvist. I respect what he's done but he has never been a likable guy that I would ever feel good for if he won.

He's probably the biggest diva in the NHL, he constantly flops any time he gets touched and cries to the refs more than any goaltender ive ever watched.

Great player, not a likable person looking in from the outside.

~Crashintome89~ 05-10-2017 10:26 AM

he also throws his teammates under the bus, especially during a game.

mthawk07 05-10-2017 10:26 AM

So for today's omen, the Caps have been eliminated from the playoffs on May 10 the last two years. Third time's a charm?

barbogast 05-10-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786052)
Yeah I must be in the minority but I strongly dislike Lundqvist. I respect what he's done but he has never been a likable guy that I would ever feel good for if he won.

He's probably the biggest diva in the NHL, he constantly flops any time he gets touched and cries to the refs more than any goaltender ive ever watched.

Woah. Cool it, man.

barbogast 05-10-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16786065)
So for today's omen, the Caps have been eliminated from the playoffs on May 10 the last two years. Third time's a charm?

Wow no shit. That's incredible

mthawk07 05-10-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16786067)
Wow no shit. That's incredible

My Facebook On This Day feed is just miserable today. :lol

aeroshady 05-10-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16786034)
Nah.

And I met the guy. :lol :lol

Quote:

Strongly disagree with both posts (obviously). Most of the league loves Hank and has a ton of respect for him. That doesn't happen if you are not a likable guy.

Also, I am sorry, but... :lol :lol :lol at a fan of Pittsburgh calling Hank the biggest diva in the NHL. Crysby has held that title for over a decade man. Don't ruin this, because this series seems the be the first one that Crysby has worn man pants and manned up.

Again, I have a lot of respect for Sid's talent and I feel that the past two years he has really grown up a lot. I have even defended him this series to my Islanders fan friend that hates Crosby with a passion. That said, historically, if you polled NHL fans all over the country and asked who the biggest diva in the NHL is, Crosby would win by a landslide. Pittsburgh may be the only place that would not be the case.

Also, watch Carry Price play to see a goalie complain about everything.

barbogast 05-10-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16786071)
My Facebook On This Day feed is just miserable today. :lol

:lol damn

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786074)
Strongly disagree with both posts (obviously). Most of the league loves Hank and has a ton of respect for him. That doesn't happen if you are not a likable guy.

Also, I am sorry, but... :lol :lol :lol at a fan of Pittsburgh calling Hank the biggest diva in the NHL. Crysby has held that title for over a decade man. Don't ruin this, because this series seems the be the first one that Crysby has worn man pants and manned up.

Again, I have a lot of respect for Sid's talent and I feel that the past two years he has really grown up a lot. I have even defended him this series to my Islanders fan friend that hates Crosby with a passion. That said, historically, if you polled NHL fans all over the country and asked who the biggest diva in the NHL is, Crosby would win by a landslide. Pittsburgh may be the only place that would not be the case.

Also, watch Carry Price play to see a goalie complain about everything.

Sid has never been a diva. Dude never tries to draw attention to himself or say controversial things like blaming teammates the way Hank has his whole career since he's been the guy in NY. The only real criticism of Sid that was ever valid was the whining to the refs stuff and that shit ended like 5 years ago.

Diva is off ice stuff like drawing attention to yourself. Sid has NEVER been that guy.

Also no idea what youre talking about with the bolded. Calling him crysby kind of says all I need to know about your opinion here.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786083)
Sid has never been a diva. Dude never tries to draw attention to himself or say controversial things like blaming teammates the way Hank has his whole career since he's been the guy in NY. The only real criticism of Sid was ever the whining to the refs stuff and that shit ended like 5 years ago.

Diva is off ice stuff like drawing attention to yourself. Sid has NEVER been that guy.

Also no idea what youre talking about with the bolded. Calling him crysby kind of says all I need to know about your opinion here.

Calling him Crysby was a writing technique to make a point. I don't even need to really defend my point here because Sid's reputation among fans around the league is what it is. I get why you would be upset about that being a Pens fan.

Hank draws attention to himself of the ice by being a good-looking guy that is into fashion.

He does tell it like it is to the media because he is a no BS guy in interviews. When the team plays poorly in front of him, he says so. Literally none of his teammates have ever had an issue with this. It has literally never been a story here. Hank has handled the extremely rough NY Media very well over the years. That is why he is so liked.

Edit: To the bold part - I was actually crediting Crosby for play hard and through some rough hits this series. I was pointing that out because I have been receiving texts all series long from my friends who hate Crosby as Flyers fans, Islanders fans, Devils fans, etc ....about how Crosby is a bitch, and I have defended him this series because I don't think he has been against the Caps at all.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786093)
Calling him Crysby was a writing technique to make a point. I don't even need to really defend my point here because Sid's reputation among fans around the league is what it is. I get why you would be upset about that being a Pens fan.

Hank draws attention to himself of the ice by being a good-looking guy that is into fashion.

He does tell it like it is to the media because he is a no BS guy in interviews.
When the team plays poorly in front of him, he says so. Literally none of his teammates have ever had an issue with this. It has literally never been a story here. Hank has handled the extremely rough NY Media very well over the years. That is why he is so liked.

Right, like a diva. He likes being in the spotlight and having his picture taken.

Sid's "reputation" is based on fans that dont really have an appreciation for the game as a whole, and are going to hate the best player in the game in any manner they can, so they latch onto the one thing that they can say about him, crying, something that really hasnt gone on in a way any more noticeable than any other captain since at least 2012.

Im not an Ovie fan, but I respect the hell out of him because all he cares about is playing the game hard.

Like I said, Hank is great, but I cant think of one player who draws attention to himself in one way or another more than him.

As far as his teammates, I mean what would any of them say to one of the best goaltenders ever who is the crown jewel of one of the leagues biggest franchises. He says what he wants because he knows he can get away with it. Sid could too if he wanted, but he doesnt, because hes not a diva.

aeroshady 05-10-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786083)
Sid has never been a diva. Dude never tries to draw attention to himself or say controversial things like blaming teammates the way Hank has his whole career since he's been the guy in NY. The only real criticism of Sid that was ever valid was the whining to the refs stuff and that shit ended like 5 years ago.

Also, not to double quote you, but you changed the argument and your own definition of what you considered a Diva from one post to another. So I am not really sure what you are getting at other than you just don't like Hank...

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16786102)
Also, not to double quote you, but you changed the argument and your own definition of what you considered a Diva from one post to another. So I am not really sure what you are getting at other than you just don't like Hank...

That first post wasnt defining a diva, I was stating other things he does on top of it.

swordo84 05-10-2017 11:26 AM

Game 7's are the best. Bummed the east is playing too otherwise the Oilers game would have been in at a watchable time for me. Will be trying to tough it out for the 1st period.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 11:30 AM

I think game 7's are the best when the team I root for is not involved. lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786138)
Game 7's are the best. Bummed the east is playing too otherwise the Oilers game would have been in at a watchable time for me. Will be trying to tough it out for the 1st period.

I thought youre in canada.. cant stay up past 11-1130 for a game 7?

Does suck if youve gotta work early or something though.

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786144)

Canada has multiple timezones you know right? lol Sorry had to give you shit.

I think he lives in Toronto though and as an old fart staying up till 1am for a game to end is tougher these days.

fonzz41 05-10-2017 11:33 AM

ALL goalies get pissed at their teammates on the ice. I've always taken it as a sign of passion. Hank is the same way. I had one goalie that was the opposite... after a goal he was always like, "it's all good man, it's just a game." Guess what? He was a terrible goalie. :lol

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786146)

I think he lives in Toronto though and as an old fart staying up till 1am for a game to end is tougher these days.

lol yeah I know I was saying the latest timezone that it would be would be the same as eastern in the US, no?

TMoore4075 05-10-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786150)
lol yeah I know I was saying the latest timezone that it would be would be the same as eastern in the US, no?

Yeah but it's a 10pm EDT start tonight so would end between 12:30-1am eastern... if no OT.

swordo84 05-10-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786144)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16786146)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16786150)

I'm just outside of Toronto, so EST.

Puck drop is 10:15 for me. We have a 2.5 month at home so sleep is somewhat limited as is, and the alarm goes off at 6am so.....yeah, just the 1st period for me on weeknights.

TheLastPig 05-10-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16786154)
I'm just outside of Toronto, so EST.

Puck drop is 10:15 for me. We have a 2.5 month at home so sleep is somewhat limited as is, and the alarm goes off at 6am so.....yeah, just the 1st period for me on weeknights.

Just lay in bed with your phone and some headphones, you can do it!