Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 04-27-2017 12:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776581)
I agree. I think that as far as psyche goes, beating the Penns would go a long way in expelling some of those demons.

:lol :lol

Yeah, the Preds need to be careful. The Blues really took it to them in the 3rd and they were lucky to get away with that one.

Hopefully Habs fans understand that even if Subban was still on the team they'd probably still experience the same result. That team is just not built very well, to be honest.

:thumbsup The worst was the Blues player not realizing what had happened (understandable) and kind of jerking Fiala around after the collision trying to get his stick loose.


Mmmmmm, that's how you multi-quote :hump

TMoore4075 04-27-2017 12:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776581)

:thumbsup The worst was the Blues player not realizing what had happened (understandable) and kind of jerking Fiala around after the collision trying to get his stick loose.

yeah I didn't like that I was like dude you gotta ease up there. I understand he probably didn't know the extent but Fiala was like writhing around so you could tell he was in some serious freaking pain.

unccrombie 04-27-2017 02:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16776584)
Honestly and 100% not against it. But doing it on the phone is next to impossible.

this is a factual statement, for once

fonzz41 04-27-2017 02:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
How about that Larsson-Hall trade?

TheLastPig 04-27-2017 02:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
This is such a shill article

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a...r-halls-never/

aeroshady 04-27-2017 02:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776674)
How about that Larsson-Hall trade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16776678)

Not really a fair article. I am glad that Larsson is helping the Oilers out, but Hall is a victim of being on a very bad New Jersey Devils team, and coming from a pretty bad Oilers team.

The Devils are really more like the Oilers of 5-6 years ago, except they are not really getting any better. Hall had over 50 points in 72 games this year, and scored 20 goals. For a Devils player, that is not half bad. I would be interested to see Hall lacing up skates for a team like Pittsburgh, Washington or even NY. I bet he would be a 30+ goal scorer consistently.

swordo84 04-27-2017 02:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776674)
How about that Larsson-Hall trade?

Hated it then, love it now. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16776696)
Not really a fair article. I am glad that Larsson is helping the Oilers out, but Hall is a victim of being on a very bad New Jersey Devils team, and coming from a pretty bad Oilers team.

The Devils are really more like the Oilers of 5-6 years ago, except they are not really getting any better. Hall had over 50 points in 72 games this year, and scored 20 goals. For a Devils player, that is not half bad. I would be interested to see Hall lacing up skates for a team like Pittsburgh, Washington or even NY. I bet he would be a 30+ goal scorer consistently.


I feel bad for Hall - a top talent forever stuck on shitty teams.

fonzz41 04-27-2017 02:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16776696)
Not really a fair article. I am glad that Larsson is helping the Oilers out, but Hall is a victim of being on a very bad New Jersey Devils team, and coming from a pretty bad Oilers team.

The Devils are really more like the Oilers of 5-6 years ago, except they are not really getting any better. Hall had over 50 points in 72 games this year, scored 20 goals. For a Devils player, that is not half bad. I would be interested to see Hall lacing up skated for a team like Pittsburgh, Washington or even NY. I bet he would be a 30+ goal scorer consistently.

My comment wasn't meant to imply that the Devils made a bad choice in acquiring Hall. He's a great player and was a good pickup for them.

But a lot of people thought the Larsson trade was no good. Even I, at my best, was cautiously optimistic. I believe my comments in this thread were, "he's got a lot of potential. Wait a season or two and you'll love this trade."

I wouldn't have guessed that he would have had the steadying impact that he's had already this season. He's not a superstar, but he's steady. On a young team, you need that reliable presence back there. He's been great.

Dramageek 04-27-2017 02:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
https://mobile.twitter.com/NHLonNBCS...89%26page%3D38

:lol :lol
https://youtu.be/1ytCEuuW2_A

aeroshady 04-27-2017 02:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16776699)
Hated it then, love it now. :lol




I feel bad for Hall - a top talent forever stuck on shitty teams.

I agree with this. I enjoy watching him play when I go to Devils games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776702)
My comment wasn't meant to imply that the Devils made a bad choice in acquiring Hall. He's a great player and was a good pickup for them.

But a lot of people thought the Larsson trade was no good. Even I, at my best, was cautiously optimistic. I believe my comments in this thread were, "he's got a lot of potential. Wait a season or two and you'll love this trade."

I wouldn't have guessed that he would have had the steadying impact that he's had already this season. He's not a superstar, but he's steady. On a young team, you need that reliable presence back there. He's been great.

Yeah, my response was more about the article posted. I feel like that article was way to rough on Hall.

Funny thing is, the Devils fan complained about Larsson a lot here....

fonzz41 04-27-2017 02:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I searched for what I had said about the Larsson trade and found all this. Awesome. We are the best. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493434)
@TSNBobMcKenzie
EDM and NJD appear to be edging closer to completion of a trade involving Taylor Hall. Could be imminent. Not official yet.

‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago
As has been talked about last couple of days, Larsson is key piece EDM has been looking at.


Looks like a done deal now, pending details.

Really hope Larsson pans out otherwise this is a huge oops. Edm must be confident Lucic is signing to fill the hole left by Hall too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493459)
Yeah, and it looks like a straight 1 for 1 trade....which would not be cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493461)
Yeah I figured they'd be like a pick or two going back to EDM or some other player...nope. Shero is putting his feed up on his desk right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16493471)
lmao Edmonton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 16493480)
Peter Chiarelli has now traded the first and second picks from 2010 draft. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493486)
If Larsson pans out, this trade will look good. IF he pans out.

The problem is, as Matt Larkin pointed out on Twitter, Larsson has really been on the up and up, developing nicely in NJ without pressure of being the number one guy. Now he's traded to a big hockey city where he automatically becomes "the guy who they traded Taylor Hall for." We'll see if that hinders his development. I hope not. He's a really good young defenseman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16493500)
Peter Chiarelli is the worst GM in the NHL. That's crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493494)
Fuck, this is not a good 1 - 1 trade at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493502)
On the surface, no.

In a season or two, this could look great. I watched a bit of Larsson last year, and he's got all the skill to be a really good defenseman.

And yes, I know that doesn't fit the get-better-now message Oilers brass has been promising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493508)
Even when we try to improve we suck.

Ima go eat a tub of ice cream now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493509)
So how does year #11 feel for no playoffs for the Oilers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16493518)
I thought Larsson was going to pan out eventually. I saw his play at the WJC, and he looked good, really good. His play certainly was hindered because of how God awful New Jersey has been, but Matty is right--now he goes to Edmonton as the #1 guy with all this pressure? Hmmm....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493527)
More talent up front in EDM but the goalie talent drops off quite a bit too so... Fans are gonna be on him for every mistake he makes because as said above...he's the guy who was traded for Hall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493531)
Yeah. If this trade was made NEXT offseason, after another year of Larsson developing in a non-pressure situation, I don't think folks would be balking nearly as much.


TheLastPig 04-27-2017 02:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16776706)

That tweet is excellent. I love NBC sports NHL coverage.

aeroshady 04-27-2017 02:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
:lol

Great read back through history of the NHL thread. I actually think everyone had pretty reasonable responses to that trade though.

fonzz41 04-27-2017 02:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16776720)
:lol

Great read back through history of the NHL thread. I actually think everyone had pretty reasonable responses to that trade though.

For sure.

And if you go back to those posts, the Subban/Weber trade happens like right after. There's some great responses to that in there too. :lol

TMoore4075 04-27-2017 02:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Larson's been good for them but McDavid is this team. Him being healthy has made them finally a playoff team. McDavid has made everyone around him better.

Also, shocked that NJ is still so bad.

TheLastPig 04-27-2017 02:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16776741)
Larson's been good for them but McDavid is this team. Him being healthy has made them finally a playoff team. McDavid has made everyone around him better.

Also, shocked that NJ is still so bad.

Shero really isnt that great of a GM.

fonzz41 04-27-2017 02:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16776741)
Larson's been good for them but McDavid is this team. Him being healthy has made them finally a playoff team. McDavid has made everyone around him better.

Also, shocked that NJ is still so bad.

I don't think anyone would question that.

TMoore4075 04-27-2017 02:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mi...or-1202401179/

Figured this was an ok place to post this.

fonzz41 04-27-2017 03:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
What Chiarelli has done well is recognize that the team has plenty of top-end talent, but then identify existing holes in the roster and get the right guys to plug them. Larsson, Kassian, Letestu, MILAN LUCIC have all been perfect complements to the young talent that's already there. IMO he's done a very good job.

TMoore4075 04-27-2017 03:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776747)
I don't think anyone would question that.

Just saying, I'm surprised at how much he's elevated this team and in such a short period. I was expecting the same old Oilers other than him but he's made everyone better too.

Do feel bad for Hall, I mean here you are traded away and your former team is in the playoffs and you aren't.

fonzz41 04-27-2017 03:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16776757)
Just saying, I'm surprised at how much he's elevated this team and in such a short period. I was expecting the same old Oilers other than him but he's made everyone better too.

Do feel bad for Hall, I mean here you are traded away and your former team is in the playoffs and you aren't.

That's true. He makes everyone around him better. Whether they're just trying to keep up with him, or he's inspired them to dig deeper, that's what a leader does.

Was fun to watch him and Kesler go head-to-head last night. Kesler did an admirable job, considering it's McDavid.

swordo84 04-27-2017 03:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I'll say this about Larsson (and I think I said something similar re: Ference a couple years back).

He remained largely unnoticeable throughout the season, which for me is the sign of a good d-man. Don't screw up and give the announcers a reason to call you out. We knew he wasn't going to be an offensive power-house, so no surprise there.

Brohan_Santana 04-27-2017 03:25 PM

The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/...05451101257728

:lol :lol :lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salrx95 04-27-2017 03:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
I think it's silly Caps and Pens have to meet in the EC semis. Should be the finals. Stupid seeding. ( I know, likely late to the party)

Poor Fiala. That was scary. PRetty cool Tarasenko helped skate the stretcher over.

Haven't really joined a band wagon yet. I'd like to root for Anderson and the Sens but that's useless so it's likely the Preds.

fonzz41 04-27-2017 03:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16776785)
I'll say this about Larsson (and I think I said something similar re: Ference a couple years back).

He remained largely unnoticeable throughout the season, which for me is the sign of a good d-man. Don't screw up and give the announcers a reason to call you out. We knew he wasn't going to be an offensive power-house, so no surprise there.

Exactly. As a defenseman, if you're not getting noticed it means you're not effing up.
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16776788)
I think it's silly Caps and Pens have to meet in the EC semis. Should be the finals. Stupid seeding. ( I know, likely late to the party)

Poor Fiala. That was scary. PRetty cool Tarasenko helped skate the stretcher over.

Haven't really joined a band wagon yet. I'd like to root for Anderson and the Sens but that's useless so it's likely the Preds.

Welcome back Sal!

salrx95 04-27-2017 03:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776793)
.


Welcome back Sal!

Thanks. Couldn't believe when I got on just now it said I was last on the website 3-12-17. I knew it had been awhile and been meaning to stop in but I didn't have much to say lol.

And if Tavares isn't extended sooner than later, I may not ever come back. :eek

mr.MikeD 04-27-2017 03:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16776674)
How about that Larsson-Hall trade?

every time!
Larsson well ahead of Hall on the playoff points list now.

mr.MikeD 04-27-2017 03:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
One of the things that surprises me is how overall stable the Oiler's D has been. Klefbom could be be a star, bunch of solid kids, Kris Russel just fine. Of course Larsson. (i'd list them all but would get burned in here..

Big change from previous years.

aeroshady 04-27-2017 04:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16776788)
I think it's silly Caps and Pens have to meet in the EC semis. Should be the finals. Stupid seeding. ( I know, likely late to the party)

Poor Fiala. That was scary. PRetty cool Tarasenko helped skate the stretcher over.

Haven't really joined a band wagon yet. I'd like to root for Anderson and the Sens but that's useless so it's likely the Preds.

I wouldn't say it is useless, but I hope it is!

Also, someone reminded that Anderson was a bit of a poor loser in 2012 when they lost game 7 to the Rangers. He left the ice before the handshakes. I feel for him and his wife for what they are going through, but that was pretty lame back then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16776820)
Thanks. Couldn't believe when I got on just now it said I was last on the website 3-12-17. I knew it had been awhile and been meaning to stop in but I didn't have much to say lol.

And if Tavares isn't extended sooner than later, I may not ever come back. :eek

I would be shocked if JT leaves the Islanders. That said, Toronto has to look pretty appealing right now.



Edit: Also, welcome back!

TheLastPig 04-27-2017 04:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)
 
How many years are left on JT's deal?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.