Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 05-15-2016 10:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothG (Post 16418130)
Big win for Germany over USA in world hockey championship in Russia.

That was a tough loss. US deserved a better outcome IMO. They pretty much dominated puck possession and shots. Problem was Condon didn't play his best game, while the German goalie was playing great. Have to hand it to Germany though they just found a way to win, US tied it up in the first then a minute or so later Christian Ehrhoff (who could barely find the back of an open net in 50 games between Chicago and LA) puts them up a goal. Matthews ties it back up in the second and it stays that way until 30 seconds are left on the clock and Holzer (who has not scored an NHL goal in over 2 years) blasts one past Condon from the blue line to seal the win. That was frustrating but it happens. One plus side is that Matthews is going to bring a lot of talent and composure to the NHL when he debuts next season.

aeroshady 05-15-2016 01:57 PM

USA hockey. The Washington Capitals of international hockey??

JRS1386 05-15-2016 02:34 PM

I mean you the US team has made the gold medal game recently so they have that over the Capitals

barbogast 05-15-2016 04:08 PM

Anyone in here going to the Bristow show this year? Looks like I'm adding it because I need tailgate

unccrombie 05-15-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16418461)
Anyone in here going to the Bristow show this year? Looks like I'm adding it because I need tailgate

i'll be there.

barbogast 05-15-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16418465)
i'll be there.

Well mr JBusiness, if you'd like feel free to come crash my tailgate for a few minutes. Will probably have pork chops and BBQ chicken a-plenty this year

unccrombie 05-15-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16418490)
Well mr JBusiness, if you'd like feel free to come crash my tailgate for a few minutes. Will probably have pork chops and BBQ chicken a-plenty this year

are you specifically having your own, why not head over to the Ants tailgate?

barbogast 05-15-2016 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16418497)

I like mine better :lol

Yes I'll be having my own with a much smaller group of people than what will end up at the Ants tailgate. I've had my own there for many years now and I can't break tradition

unccrombie 05-15-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16418500)
I like mine better :lol

Yes I'll be having my own with a much smaller group of people than what will end up at the Ants tailgate. I've had my own there for many years now and I can't break tradition

:lol gotcha.
i'll just see you over there then

salrx95 05-15-2016 05:34 PM

Joe Thornton's beard is the best I've seen in awhile.

Lcsulla 05-15-2016 05:53 PM

They are crediting that STL goal to Shattenkirk, did they even watch a replay because Backes tipped that in. Guessing they will change it.

Tough break for the Blues getting that goal disallowed because of the call on the ice, even worse because they wasted their timeout challenging it. Bitch of a call to make, there was certainly some contact but that happens and I am pretty sure it was a Shark to actually ended up tapping it past Jones.

Now it is 1-1 after I finish typing that. Going to be a long series I think!

JRS1386 05-15-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16418497)

He wants you to eat his meat

Lcsulla 05-15-2016 07:01 PM

Wow, St. Louis just caught a big break there because that should have been a Sharks goal. I know the ref has to blow the whistle if he looses sight of the puck but Elliot never had control of that at all before it was tapped in.

coldengrey12 05-15-2016 10:30 PM

Go Shorks!

The Dubs are so good that people here in the Bay don't give a shit about the fact the Sharks haven't choked yet.

barbogast 05-16-2016 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16418612)
He wants you to eat his meat

I will share my meat with any of you

MOWJO8185 05-16-2016 06:20 AM

The Blues were pretty lucky to win last night. Got dominated for a good chunk of the game and got a very soft goal to go ahead. Going to have to play much much better than that.

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 07:08 AM

Big one tonight. Need a pushback from the Pens. Ill be surprised if bishop plays. Im thinking we see him in game 3.

Dramageek 05-16-2016 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419027)
Big one tonight. Need a pushback from the Pens. Ill be surprised if bishop plays. Im thinking we see him in game 3.

Again, I'm taking solace in the fact that the Pens haven't played shitty twice in a row since December. So I think they'll bounce back.

As for Bishop, I wouldn't be surprised if he sprained something, an ankle, an MCL. But I'm glad he's relatively okay. I agree that he likely won't be back until Game 3 or 4. It's looking more like Straalman's going to return as well. I still question how effective he will be coming off of a broken leg, but it'll still be a boost for Tampa.

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 08:15 AM

:lol at Tampa Bay not allowing fans to wear any penguins gear if theyre sitting in the lower levels by the glass. Thats so stupid. Knowing Pittsburghers, thats only going to entire more fans to go and wear Pens colors.

hailtopitt 05-16-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419141)
:lol at Tampa Bay not allowing fans to wear any penguins gear if theyre sitting in the lower levels by the glass. Thats so stupid. Knowing Pittsburghers, thats only going to entire more fans to go and wear Pens colors.

it's an embarrassment

UCFish 05-16-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

They pulled that shit last year in the Stanley Cup as well.

It is real annoying.

TMoore4075 05-16-2016 08:21 AM

They did it all last year in the playoffs. It lead to TB fans actually reporting people to security. Give me a break.

Lcsulla 05-16-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16418954)
The Blues were pretty lucky to win last night. Got dominated for a good chunk of the game and got a very soft goal to go ahead. Going to have to play much much better than that.

Sure they caught a few breaks and Jones probably wants that game winner back but in truth you guys did the best possible thing to get yourselves into a position to win by shutting down their extremely potent power play. That was one of the tightest games I have seen so far, was like something out of your first round games except game 6 - just a battle. I am sure DeBoer will make some small adjustments and come out firing tomorrow and perhaps even the series. I fully expect this one to be an extremely exciting 6 or 7 game series.

Quote:

I am not surprised, they did that last year in the finals yet I did see plenty of Red in the stands. Not sure if it their standard rule or just in the playoffs, regardless - I do think it is absurd.

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16419159)
Sure they caught a few breaks and Jones probably wants that game winner back but in truth you guys did the best possible thing to get yourselves into a position to win by shutting down their extremely potent power play. That was one of the tightest games I have seen so far, was like something out of your first round games except game 6 - just a battle. I am sure DeBoer will make some small adjustments and come out firing tomorrow and perhaps even the series. I fully expect this one to be an extremely exciting 6 or 7 game series.

I am not surprised, they did that last year in the finals yet I did see plenty of Red in the stands. Not sure if it their standard rule or just in the playoffs, regardless - I do think it is absurd.

Honestly, what are they going to do If say my fiancee and I walked in there with our jerseys and no undershirts on? Or just a Penguins T-shirt? If I ponied up the money to sit down low, there isnt a chance in hell youre going to try to give me another shirt to wear.

barbogast 05-16-2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419163)
Honestly, what are they going to do If say my fiancee and I walked in there with our jerseys and no undershirts on? Or just a Penguins T-shirt? If I ponied up the money to sit down low, there isnt a chance in hell youre going to try to give me another shirt to wear.

I really don't know but there's probably something in the fine print of your ticket that says they reserve the right to refuse entry if they deem your attire unacceptable

Dramageek 05-16-2016 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16419163)

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16419178)
I really don't know but there's probably something in the fine print of your ticket that says they reserve the right to refuse entry if they deem your attire unacceptable

I am very curious as to how they enforce this rule. There probably is something in the fine print, but that's usually there to make sure people don't show up naked or with something overtly offensive (not counting the opposing team's jersey/t-shirt.) If the Lightning are worried about too many transplants/visitors showing up, that's the price you pay for being in Florida. Too bad.

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

But they are only restricting this at lower level seats close to the glass. I would be hard pressed to imagine the people scanning tickets upon entry are all looking at them for specific sections and seeing what that person is wearing.

TheLastPig 05-16-2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16419184)
I am very curious as to how they enforce this rule. There probably is something in the fine print, but that's usually there to make sure people don't show up naked or with something overtly offensive (not counting the opposing team's jersey/t-shirt.) If the Lightning are worried about too many transplants/visitors showing up, that's the price you pay for being in Florida. Too bad.

Exactly. Be happy your seats are selling. If you think a few dozen opposing fans are going to ruin your home ice advantage and cant sell your seats close to the glass to your own fans in a conference final series, you have bigger things to worry about.

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16419144)
it's an embarrassment

I highly disagree. Though I don't agree they're going about it the right way, having a good representation in the crowd for the home team is very good for NHL or any sport.

Let's face it, Steelers would be doing the same thing if the they were playing the Bungels

Brohan_Santana 05-16-2016 09:08 AM

Quote:

It's private property and private owned, they can essentially do whatever they please