Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

lockman21 04-14-2016 01:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Well that was dumb.

UCFish 04-14-2016 01:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yuck....oh well Keith back Friday.

JRS1386 04-14-2016 01:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'll bring the bucket to mop up the melts

Roose13 04-14-2016 08:33 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 16372101)
Horny Hatty!!!

See yinz Saturday

yeesh I can't believe yinzers really say this shit :lol

salrx95 04-14-2016 08:43 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16372274)
I'll bring the bucket to mop up the melts

Seriously.

You won't see me melting in here because of my very poor family planning. I am packing the car this morning and we are leaving on vacation after kids get out of school. I will be driving through Pennsylvania during the game and trying to remain calm about this situation. I hope the game is on NHL Sirius channel.

Having flashbacks to the 2004 playoffs when we were out of the country for my honeymoon and saw no games. I guarantee to you, though, that the sex won't be as good this week as 2004. :D

Let's Go Islanders!!!

jrkarger 04-14-2016 09:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
As great as Sid's break away goal was, I think I was more impressed that he was out there for an entire power play and was still able to go coast to coast and break up that 2 on 1 after everyone else like Nash and co were so gassed they could barely stand up.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 10:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
bad news: The Rangers looked good for long stretches of the game and probably deserved a better result

good news: goaltending situation is now on even terms. plus the Pens didn't even play close to their best and still won by 3 goals

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 10:48 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16372379)
yeesh I can't believe yinzers really say this shit :lol

as if every corner of the country doesn't have ridiculous vernacular and dialect

:rolleyes

BotheLaneFan 04-14-2016 10:49 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I work with a Rangers fan that is insufferable and is convinced the league has been out to get the Rangers for the last five years. They lose to the Kings in the Finals? "The refs rigged the series."

I want them swept. Badly.

unccrombie 04-14-2016 10:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16372488)
bad news: The Rangers looked good for long stretches of the game and probably deserved a better result

good news: goaltending situation is now on even terms. plus the Pens didn't even play close to their best and still won by 3 goals

i'm really pissed at Hank for playing the last 45 or so seconds. granted the D was a bit lax on the goal, but if your vision is impaired enough to leave the game, leave the game in the 1st. That goal is 50% Hank, 25% D, and 25% Alain.

he should be in net Saturday. Can't imagine his eye swells past that.

Roose13 04-14-2016 10:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16372493)
as if every corner of the country doesn't have ridiculous vernacular and dialect

:rolleyes

But yinz? At least it's not as bad as "finna" (going to) down south :lol

TMoore4075 04-14-2016 10:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Thanks Darren Helm for being the reason for both the tying goal and the winning goal. Maybe he's thinking about signing with the Lightning in the offseason and wanted to help them out now.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 10:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16372496)
I work with a Rangers fan that is insufferable and is convinced the league has been out to get the Rangers for the last five years. They lose to the Kings in the Finals? "The refs rigged the series."

I want them swept. Badly.

sounds about right

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16372505)
i'm really pissed at Hank for playing the last 45 or so seconds. granted the D was a bit lax on the goal, but if your vision is impaired enough to leave the game, leave the game in the 1st. That goal is 50% Hank, 25% D, and 25% Alain.

he should be in net Saturday. Can't imagine his eye swells past that.

completely agree...what were the Rangers thinking letting him go back in? especially with under a minute left in the period....really weird and dumb move

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16372511)
But yinz? At least it's not as bad as "finna" (going to) down south :lol

it originated from scottish and irish immigrants shortening the phrase "you ones" which turned into "youns" which turned into "yinz"

just like any other dialect starts...no different than anything thats said in Philly or Boston

BotheLaneFan 04-14-2016 11:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16372518)
sounds about right



completely agree...what were the Rangers thinking letting him go back in? especially with under a minute left in the period....really weird and dumb move



it originated from scottish and irish immigrants shortening the phrase "you ones" which turned into "youns" which turned into "yinz"

just like any other dialect starts...no different than anything thats said in Philly or Boston

Better than both, frankly.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 11:12 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
^^ :thumbsup

what i learned from the TB/DET game: neither of those teams can win the Cup :shrug

ToySoldier#34 04-14-2016 11:21 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16372532)
Better than both, frankly.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWciXlO5W8o

Dramageek 04-14-2016 11:23 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16372488)
bad news: The Rangers looked good for long stretches of the game and probably deserved a better result

good news: goaltending situation is now on even terms. plus the Pens didn't even play close to their best and still won by 3 goals

The Pens definitely played a less than stellar game, but as for the Rangers, applying pressure, stifling breakouts and putting up a lot of shots does not equal scoring goals. The Pens, on the other hand, figured out how to score goals, which has been something they've been working on since Sully took over. They turned Rangers mistakes into goals. Kuhnackl's shortie, for example, partially resulted from one of the worst line changes I've ever seen.

The Pens need to play their game better, and I believe they will. I'm not writing the Rags off yet, though.

unccrombie 04-14-2016 11:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16372540)
^^ :thumbsup

what i learned from the TB/DET game: neither of those teams can win the Cup :shrug

:lol :lol

:eiffeltower

jrkarger 04-14-2016 11:26 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sounds like Roose needs a glass of widder.

salrx95 04-14-2016 11:34 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16372496)
I work with a Rangers fan that is insufferable and is convinced the league has been out to get the Rangers for the last five years. They lose to the Kings in the Finals? "The refs rigged the series."

I want them swept. Badly.

I am on board with this train of thought, too.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 11:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16372564)
The Pens definitely played a less than stellar game, but as for the Rangers, applying pressure, stifling breakouts and putting up a lot of shots does not equal scoring goals. The Pens, on the other hand, figured out how to score goals, which has been something they've been working on since Sully took over. They turned Rangers mistakes into goals. Kuhnackl's shortie, for example, partially resulted from one of the worst line changes I've ever seen.

The Pens need to play their game better, and I believe they will. I'm not writing the Rags off yet, though.

don't get me wrong, the Pens probably deserved to win, but they weren't 3 goals better than the Rags last night

the shorty by Kuhnhackl was awesome, and it shifted the game for good in the Pens' favor

BUT...if we can't enter the zone on the power play and get set up, it's not going to be a long run at all

Rangers also had much better jump from the get-go...can't wait til the 2nd period to get going in the playoffs

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16372571)
:lol :lol

:eiffeltower

the intensity was there for the most part, but my god, both of those teams are grasping at straws

Lighting need Stamkos, simple as that and Detroit isn't nearly deep enough

Dramageek 04-14-2016 11:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16372573)
Sounds like Roose needs a glass of widder.

:lol Or maybe an Italian widder ice.

jrkarger 04-14-2016 11:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16372617)
:lol Or maybe an Italian widder ice.

:lol It's all good though. I was just kidding.

Anyway, seeing Roose and Bo posting in here and seeing the Staals on the ice last night reminded me of a conversation I had with my buddy once about what if professional sports was like professional Wrestling.

Picture this... Mark Staal on purpose hits lunqvist with this stick. Announcers, be like, "Why Mark?!?! Why?!?!?!"

All of a sudden, "Good God almighty!!!! That's Jordan Staal's music!!!!"

The door opens out come Jordan with a pens jersey on. Looks at Mark and Mark takes off his rangers jersey to reveal a pens jersey and they both skate over and beat up Eric.

:lol I have too much time on my hands.

Lcsulla 04-14-2016 11:57 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16371926)
Oh fuck, Hank is down.

I hope he is alright, that would be a tough blow for the Rangers if he is out for any significant time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16371930)
It'll be an interesting 3rd in Tampa. Hopefully the refs lighten up on all the penalty calls that we just saw in the 2nd. Down by a good bit in total shots but we've been able to capitalize on the chances we have gotten.

I like that it's been a semi-chippy game with some extracurriculars, especially when guys like Kucherov are getting into it.

Great game, just got a tad frustrating near the end with all the stoppages - penalties, fights, reviews, etc, etc. Missed ten minutes of the Hawks/Blues game last night before CBS switched over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16372004)
Drouin has looked really good this game, he could be a difference maker for the Bolts with Stamkos out.

I'd love for him to stick around even after all that happened this year. He's got all the talent, just handled the situation really poorly by him and his agent.

Yeah, he played great, only negative things you could possibly say about him are that he is a bit hotheaded and took an offside call that a vet would never have taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16372255)
Playoff OT is so amazing when your team isn't in it.

Despite the outcome that game was everything you want in a playoff game. Lots of scoring chances, great D on both sides, PK rock solid on both ends, lot of hitting and both goalies brought their A game. I do feel bad for TVR, that St. Louis goal ten minutes into OT took an odd hop and bounced off him into the net. Holy damn was Elliot on his game last night - from snuffing out breakaways, slamming the door on a 2 on 0 rush, smothering it when he need to, playing it when he needed to, recovering from small mistakes, being in the right spot every single time - hell if if it was any other guy in net (or Elliot made one bad mistake) Chicago probably steals that game in regulation. Damn what a game, this is going to be a long series with fans on the edge of their seats every game. That was maybe the tightest playoff game I have ever seen. Will be a nice boost for Chicago to get Keith back tomorrow.

Dramageek 04-14-2016 12:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16372647)
:lol It's all good though. I was just kidding.

Anyway, seeing Roose and Bo posting in here and seeing the Staals on the ice last night reminded me of a conversation I had with my buddy once about what if professional sports was like professional Wrestling.

Picture this... Mark Staal on purpose hits lunqvist with this stick. Announcers, be like, "Why Mark?!?! Why?!?!?!"

All of a sudden, "Good God almighty!!!! That's Jordan Staal's music!!!!"

The door opens out come Jordan with a pens jersey on. Looks at Mark and Mark takes off his rangers jersey to reveal a pens jersey and they both skate over and beat up Eric.

:lol I have too much time on my hands
.

:lol :lol That's incredibe! Clearly there was a missed opportunity last night. I mean, Jordan's not up to anything right now other than golfing. :lol

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 12:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16372647)
:lol It's all good though. I was just kidding.

Anyway, seeing Roose and Bo posting in here and seeing the Staals on the ice last night reminded me of a conversation I had with my buddy once about what if professional sports was like professional Wrestling.

Picture this... Mark Staal on purpose hits lunqvist with this stick. Announcers, be like, "Why Mark?!?! Why?!?!?!"

All of a sudden, "Good God almighty!!!! That's Jordan Staal's music!!!!"

The door opens out come Jordan with a pens jersey on. Looks at Mark and Mark takes off his rangers jersey to reveal a pens jersey and they both skate over and beat up Eric.

:lol I have too much time on my hands.

:lol that's weird, my buddies and i were talking about something similar

as Jim Ross was rumored to be a condidate for the pirates play-by-play job in the spring, we now commentate every sporting even in JR's voice

it's amazing

BeyondKnight 04-14-2016 12:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16372608)
...if we can't enter the zone on the power play and get set up, it's not going to be a long run at all

Rangers also had much better jump from the get-go...can't wait til the 2nd period to get going in the playoffs

There was definitely some noticeable "first playoff game jitters" by many of the Pens last night. I'm hoping that the win soothes some of those nerves and they can calm down.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 12:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16372678)
There was definitely some noticeable "first playoff game jitters" by many of the Pens last night. I'm hoping that the win soothes some of those nerves and they can calm down.

i don't know man, i disagree. it was the guys with no experience who played the best last night

Kuhnhackl
Sheary
Zatkoff

need the power play and the zone exits to get much better and i think they'll be fine

BeyondKnight 04-14-2016 12:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16372647)
Anyway, seeing Roose and Bo posting in here and seeing the Staals on the ice last night reminded me of a conversation I had with my buddy once about what if professional sports was like professional Wrestling.

Picture this... Mark Staal on purpose hits lunqvist with this stick. Announcers, be like, "Why Mark?!?! Why?!?!?!"

All of a sudden, "Good God almighty!!!! That's Jordan Staal's music!!!!"

The door opens out come Jordan with a pens jersey on. Looks at Mark and Mark takes off his rangers jersey to reveal a pens jersey and they both skate over and beat up Eric.

:lol I have too much time on my hands.

That's where Vince went wrong - he should have sunk million of dollars into an XHL promotion. I'd watch the hell out of that.

~Crashintome89~ 04-14-2016 12:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
can't wait to watch the caps blow this tonight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.