Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Rebecca De Mornay 06-02-2015 08:33 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

what are the rules again when it comes to getting a ring and having your name engraved on the cup?

would kimmo get either if the hawks win?

hailtopitt 06-02-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15987987)
what are the rules again when it comes to getting a ring and having your name engraved on the cup?

would kimmo get either if the hawks win?

41 reg season games (and you finished the season on the winning roster) or 1 game of the finals

unccrombie 06-02-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15986796)
Wow. That is crazy. Glad it doesn't sound like any long term issues will derail his career. Can't wait to see him back at it again next year!

Looking more like the Rangers are going to deal Talbot and take one more run at this over the next year or two. Not surprised to hear these rumors coming out of NY. I just hope if they go that rout it pays off. Getting rid of prospects like we are is a good way to go 8 years with out payoffs again.

i'd rather trade lunquivst and nash.

UCFish 06-02-2015 08:50 AM

Think Q will sit Teuvo or Vermette again?

Or will he not want everyone to rage and lose their minds.

fonzz41 06-02-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15987849)
Will Kimmo get to play a game in the Final if all health stays the same as it is now? That's what I care about now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15988007)
41 reg season games (and you finished the season on the winning roster) or 1 game of the finals

If it gets to the point where they've got a legit shot at winning, I can see Q getting classy and dressing him for a game just to fulfill the requirement.

Might be risky, but knowing how tight of a team the Hawks seem to be, I imagine it's something many of them would even lobby for.

hailtopitt 06-02-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15988032)
If it gets to the point where they've got a legit shot at winning, I can see Q getting classy and dressing him for a game just to fulfill the requirement.

Might be risky, but knowing how tight of a team the Hawks seem to be, I imagine it's something many of them would even lobby for.

i mean, they're 3rd defensive pair hardly see the ice as it is, so yea, i could totally see Q dressing him

fonzz41 06-02-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15988041)
i mean, they're 3rd defensive pair hardly see the ice as it is, so yea, i could totally see Q dressing him

Yeah, that's why I think the risk would be rather small.

SirBobalew 06-02-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Teams can also petition the league to add players who don't qualify for either of the above reasons. A team can put up to 53 names on the Cup. So, for example, if someone missed the first 42 games of the regular season due to injury, played the last 40, played in every playoff game in the first three rounds, got injured, and missed the whole final, the league would more than likely let the team include that player's name on the Cup.

Lcsulla 06-02-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

I can see Q getting classy and dressing him for a game just to fulfill the requirement.

I could see him getting a few shifts as well. Especially if the Hawks go up two games or something. Is he a necessity, of course not but giving him some sort shifts like say Cumiskey (who can be shaky) would be both classy and take a load off of the guys stepping up like Keith. Seabrook, Oduya and Hjalmarsson.

fonzz41 06-02-2015 09:17 AM

Just reading about some of the injuries to Rangers D-men...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ra...n-post-season/
Quote:

According to the Rangers, Girardi suffered a Grade 1 MCL sprain in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference final, Staal had been dealing with a hairline fracture in his ankle since the regular season, and McDonagh was attempting to play through a fracture in his right foot suffered in Game 4.
I think I mentioned in here that I was sure Staal was hurt. You could just tell. We knew McDonagh was for sure hurt in Game 7 because of his low ice time to start the game. Girardi seemed like he had lost a step, but I wasn't sure if that was just because the Lightning are fast little suckers.

Either way... damn. Hockey players, baby.

hailtopitt 06-02-2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15988041)

fucking christ *their

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15988052)
Yeah, that's why I think the risk would be rather small.

:thumbsup:thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15988054)
Teams can also petition the league to add players who don't qualify for either of the above reasons. A team can put up to 53 names on the Cup. So, for example, if someone missed the first 42 games of the regular season due to injury, played the last 40, played in every playoff game in the first three rounds, got injured, and missed the whole final, the league would more than likely let the team include that player's name on the Cup.

yea i can never remember a petition being denied either

kev87lads 06-02-2015 09:23 AM

Yeah. I mean Kimmo isn't the caliber defenseman that Bourque was. But this is the same premise for me. Yes, Bourque spent most of his career with one team while Kimmo's was split between 2 (now very cursory #). I just wanna see the man get a Cup and I saw the rules and realized he's not going to officially qualify unless he gets a game in here.....

TMoore4075 06-02-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15988054)

Yep to the last one. I'd assumed they'd do this if they win but in all honesty, did he do much to get them here?

bonzo48280 06-02-2015 11:02 AM

two years ago the Hawks did a special request to get Jamal Mayers name on the Cup. he played like 20 games and 0 in the playoffs, but his name is on there. I bet they'll do something similar with Timmo.

but he better not play....

Hawks in 4

TMoore4075 06-02-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15988372)
two years ago the Hawks did a special request to get Jamal Mayers name on the Cup. he played like 20 games and 0 in the playoffs, but his name is on there. I bet they'll do something similar with Timmo.

but he better not play....

Hawks in 4

But he was with them all year and all of the previous year. Not a guy picked up at the deadline. He was part of that team for a while.

I think this is going 6 or 7. I'd rather see the TBL win but think the Hawks do. If Lightning win it, it's probably going 6 or 7. If it's a short series, that means the Hawks win it,

aeroshady 06-02-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15988014)
i'd rather trade lunquivst and nash.

My original thoughts were to start a semi-rebuild of the team by making those types of trades. That said, after getting away from it all for a day (went to the NASCAR race on Sunday), I am a lot more positive again. I must be growing as a Rangers fan :lol.

I think we can still have a shot at it over the next two years. We just can't make any bad moves. Every move has to be calculated to perfection.

I am actually going to be positive about next year. I am realizing how fun these runs have been. It sucks not winning it all....but I definitely would not trade the past 4 years for missing the playoffs or being a round 1 out all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15988118)
Just reading about some of the injuries to Rangers D-men...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ra...n-post-season/

I think I mentioned in here that I was sure Staal was hurt. You could just tell. We knew McDonagh was for sure hurt in Game 7 because of his low ice time to start the game. Girardi seemed like he had lost a step, but I wasn't sure if that was just because the Lightning are fast little suckers.

Either way... damn. Hockey players, baby.

Even I was surprised about the list of injuries. Really proud of how far we got with that much damage control going on.

They were not the reason we didn't win though. Every season will have its share of injuries. Just apart of the game.

Dramageek 06-02-2015 11:27 AM

I say Hawks in 6. I still cannot help but be a little envious of the Hawks. The Pens were supposed to be set up for the same kind of success, but injuries, bad moves, and bad playoff performances have derailed that a bit.

hailtopitt 06-02-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15988436)
I say Hawks in 6. I still cannot help but be a little envious of the Hawks. The Pens were supposed to be set up for the same kind of success, but injuries, bad moves, and bad playoff performances have derailed that a bit.

this is the exact reason that i like the hawks

they put the pieces together and thrived. strong organization from top to bottom

Dramageek 06-02-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15988461)
this is the exact reason that i like the hawks

they put the pieces together and thrived. strong organization from top to bottom

:thumbsup No doubt.

hailtopitt 06-02-2015 11:46 AM

plus Patrick Kane is a fun drunk...bonus points there

Dramageek 06-02-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15988485)
plus Patrick Kane is a fun drunk...bonus points there

:lol He'd be a fixture on the South Side if he were in Pittsburgh.

hailtopitt 06-02-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15988491)
:lol He'd be a fixture on the South Side if he were in Pittsburgh.

:lol can you imagine?

TMoore4075 06-02-2015 03:38 PM

Petry gets 6 years and $5.5 per. What is Green gonna get?

lockman21 06-02-2015 04:14 PM

Honest opinions...

Is Duncan Keith the best (non entry level) contract in the NHL?

I don't see how he's not.

Bron Yr Aur 06-02-2015 04:29 PM

What? No contract for anyone signed through age 40 is the best contract in the NHL. Especially when you consider the recapture penalty that the Hawks would take if he retires (is he really going to be playing at age 38, 39, 40 when making $1-3m?)

lockman21 06-02-2015 04:33 PM

lol classic Bron

lockman21 06-02-2015 04:33 PM

Keith's contract ends when he's 40. He's not retiring before then.

TMoore4075 06-02-2015 06:54 PM

That'll do it for the Griffins season. Welcome (back) to Detroit Jeff Blashill.

lockman21 06-03-2015 03:16 AM

Stanley Cup Final officially begins tonight. Hell to the yeah.

salrx95 06-03-2015 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15988924)
Petry gets 6 years and $5.5 per. What is Green gonna get?

I'd rather have Leddy for the same 5.5 per. Where is the outrage?

Hawks in 6.