Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 05-06-2015 05:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15936986)
well yeah, but you're a Caps fans and the Caps are the worst.

:thumbsup truth

space_raven 05-06-2015 05:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15936979)
the rangers are completely and historically a miserable playoff team. barring 1994, the Rangers have done nothing since 1940.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15936985)
I wasn't debating anything. Was just saying it's silly to say you assume the worst from your team when your team won 3 rounds last year. That's not really a worst case scenario playoff run.

Right, but your using words like "historically". Even though crash89 is a Flyers fan, I have to agree with him. Proving my point. Maybe the misery isn't the same for you in DC as it is for us in NY but a few trips to the Cup with 1 win since 1940 isn't exactly cause for celebration either.

barbogast 05-06-2015 05:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15936988)
Right, but your using words like "historically". Even though crash89 is a Flyers fan, I have to agree with him. Proving my point. Maybe the misery isn't the same for you in DC as it is for us in NY but a few trips to the Cup with 1 win since 1940 isn't exactly cause for celebration either.

I'd gladly take it

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15936991)
I'd gladly take it

:lol losing in the Finals is just as bad as losing in the 1st round.



...if not worse.

~Crashintome89~ 05-06-2015 06:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
no, it isn't. you're dumb.

~Crashintome89~ 05-06-2015 06:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
you're from florida and probably like the panthers. Good lord...

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15936994)
:lol losing in the Finals is just as bad as losing in the 1st round.



...if not worse.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

What??

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15936996)
no, it isn't. you're dumb.

Good argument. Typical, coming from someone who lives in Pennsylvania.
"I disagree! You're stupid! WAHHH" :rolleyes what a joke.

SirBobalew 05-06-2015 06:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Wow. I leave here for like a half hour and look what happens. :lol

I'm off to meet some friends for beers before the game and then to the game. Everyone behave themselves.

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15936997)
you're from florida and probably like the panthers. Good lord...

Again. Great logic from a Pennsylvanian!

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Dude, you just said losing in the Cup finals is worse than losing in round 1. That's a dumb thing to say

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15936998)
:lol :lol :lol :lol

What??

Getting knocked out in the 1st round. Okay, it stings, I'll deal with it.


(not saying this happened last year, just in general) Losing a heart breaker in 7 games in the Finals, stays with you for a while. "Oh man, the _______'s were right there!!!! Who knows when or if the _________'s will ever get back there again."

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15937003)
Wow. I leave here for like a half hour and look what happens. :lol

I'm off to meet some friends for beers before the game and then to the game. Everyone behave themselves.

:lol :lol

Enjoy the game bro. Good luck and god speed.

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15937011)
Getting knocked out in the 1st round. Okay, it stings, I'll deal with it.


(not saying this happened last year, just in general) Losing a heart breaker in 7 games in the Finals, stays with you for a while. "Oh man, the _______'s were right there!!!! Who knows when or if the _________'s will ever get back there again."

I can assure you having 115 point seasons and losing in round 1 or getting beat 6-2 + 5-0 in game 7s on home ice stay with you for a very long time

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937006)
Dude, you just said losing in the Cup finals is worse than losing in round 1. That's a dumb thing to say

Coming from the guy whose team made it to the Finals 1 time.

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15937017)
Coming from the guy whose team made it to the Finals 1 time.

:confused what's that got to do with anything?

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937015)
I can assure you having 115 point seasons and losing in round 1 or getting beat 6-2 + 5-0 in game 7s on home ice stay with you for a very long time

Apples and oranges. And as you originally stated, the Caps are a historically bad franchise, so you should have expected it.

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15937020)
Apples and oranges. And as you originally stated, the Caps are a historically bad franchise, so you should have expected it.

Well I was at first kinda hoping that they might change that bad luck with this new core. That hope has since faded, hence why I always expect them to lose

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937019)
:confused what's that got to do with anything?

It has to do with you not knowing what it's like to be defeated in the Finals. I know this is the NHL Thread but NY has had the Knicks, Yankees, Rangers and Giants all go to the finals and lose in my life time. I remember those a lot more vividly then I remember the 1992 1st round loss.

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937023)
Well I was at first kinda hoping that they might change that bad luck with this new core. That hope has since faded, hence why I always expect them to lose

I hope you're right.

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15937024)
It has to do with you not knowing what it's like to be defeated in the Finals. I know this is the NHL Thread but NY has had the Knicks, Yankees, Rangers and Giants all go to the finals and lose in my life time. I remember those a lot more vividly then I remember the 1992 1st round loss.

Hey, I know all about losing in the Finals. 1998 4lyfe, son

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15937025)
I hope you're right.

You seem upset

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937027)
Hey, I know all about losing in the Finals. 1998 4lyfe, son

:lol okay. :BANG

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Super upset, in fact

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937028)
You seem upset

Calmer than you are.

barbogast 05-06-2015 06:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I dunno man, I'm pretty relaxed over here

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937032)
Super upset, in fact

So clever.

aeroshady 05-06-2015 06:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
What just happened in this thread hahahahah can't we all agree that unless you raise a cup it is horrible. We all experience the pain...just in different ways.

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15937036)
I dunno man, I'm pretty relaxed over here

You're unsure of your level of calm? I'm 100% sure I'm calmer than you are.

space_raven 05-06-2015 06:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15937040)
What just happened in this thread hahahahah can't we all agree that unless you raise a cup it is horrible. We all experience the pain...just in different ways.

Caps and Flyers fans talking that BS.
:thumbsup agree.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.