Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 04-22-2015 04:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Great piece by Carcillo. A nice reminder that every guy on the ice is human and has different sides of themselves off the ice.

dmbetc 04-22-2015 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
On a semi related note, the most recent hockey wives (:lol) has a nice little glimpse into my life with Dustin/Nicole. All the girls on this segment are my friends that we hang out with together. Dustin's friends off the team are all female who happen to also be Nicole's friends. If you're bored, the first segment shows a little and then at the 30 min mark. I think it's neat, a tough guy on ice is just one of the girls off the ice. Also a little of the house I lived in for a few months!

http://youtu.be/YwUTZ0uiqSw

fonzz41 04-22-2015 05:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15920189)
On a semi related note, the most recent hockey wives (:lol) has a nice little glimpse into my life with Dustin/Nicole. All the girls on this segment are my friends that we hang out with together. Dustin's friends off the team are all female who happen to also be Nicole's friends. If you're bored, the first segment shows a little and then at the 30 min mark. I think it's neat, a tough guy on ice is just one of the girls off the ice. Also a little of the house I lived in for a few months!

http://youtu.be/YwUTZ0uiqSw

:lol Dustin just waking up in his underwear in a room full of ladies.

Great stuff, Sarah.

~Crashintome89~ 04-22-2015 05:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15920189)
On a semi related note, the most recent hockey wives (:lol) has a nice little glimpse into my life with Dustin/Nicole. All the girls on this segment are my friends that we hang out with together. Dustin's friends off the team are all female who happen to also be Nicole's friends. If you're bored, the first segment shows a little and then at the 30 min mark. I think it's neat, a tough guy on ice is just one of the girls off the ice. Also a little of the house I lived in for a few months!

http://youtu.be/YwUTZ0uiqSw

You probably can't say anything and we all respect that, but a little insight into this whole Jarrett Stoll thing would be interesting.

lockman21 04-22-2015 05:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15920103)
Yeah, good on Carcillo. I always love seeing the human side of these guys.

Like he said, good on guys like Toews and Sharpie for being there for Carcillo. That's why they have letters on their chest.

I was watching one of those make-a-wish videos where a kid was going to spend a day with the Blackhawks. It seemed like it was Carcillo in particular who was right there with him the whole time.

Yup. I mean, I know every team is full of PR and you never really know what guys are like in real life...but that said...

Sharp, Toews, etc. all seem like real stand up guys. The Hawks really seem to have a good group of guys. They have a standing game with Wounded Warriors every year, seem to go out of their way to better the community and help out those that need it. Bowman has said multiple times that character is a huge part of what he looks at for the Blackhawks locker room (again, who knows how much of this is PR), and that wearing the Indian Head crest should be an honor. Even guys like Carcillo, who are sometimes obnoxious on the ice, seem like genuine guys off the ice.

Funny story, Dan Carcillo lived in my building for about the past year in the West Loop in Chicago. He moved out in February or March. Saw him twice, and the first time I found out he lived there was when he first moved in. Massive NY Rangers hockey bag was sitting in the lobby of my building, and I asked the doorman about it. He handed out tickets like candy to the staff at our building. They all love him more than any other pro athlete. One doorman had never been to a professional sporting event before in his life, Carbomb got him tickets on the glass for him, his wife, another doorman and his wife. Apparently this guy showed up to the UC like a little kid on Christmas, jumping around all excited to go to the game. He now owns a Carcillo sweater and follows the Hawks with his life. Dude is from Mexico and had never heard of or seen hockey until a couple years ago.

Anyway, point being, I changed my opinion on Carbomb from what it was years ago. He's a genuine stand-up guy on all accounts. Everyone he's dealt with it seems like they love him. He was always quiet, apparently. Never threw huge parties or anything. Just kind of went about his business and went out of his way to help others in the building.

~Crashintome89~ 04-22-2015 05:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920257)
Yup. I mean, I know every team is full of PR and you never really know what guys are like in real life...but that said...

Sharp, Toews, etc. all seem like real stand up guys. The Hawks really seem to have a good group of guys. They have a standing game with Wounded Warriors every year, seem to go out of their way to better the community and help out those that need it. Bowman has said multiple times that character is a huge part of what he looks at for the Blackhawks locker room (again, who knows how much of this is PR), and that wearing the Indian Head crest should be an honor. Even guys like Carcillo, who are sometimes obnoxious on the ice, seem like genuine guys off the ice.

Funny story, Dan Carcillo lived in my building for about the past year in the West Loop in Chicago. He moved out in February or March. Saw him twice, and the first time I found out he lived there was when he first moved in. Massive NY Rangers hockey bag was sitting in the lobby of my building, and I asked the doorman about it. He handed out tickets like candy to the staff at our building. They all love him more than any other pro athlete. One doorman had never been to a professional sporting event before in his life, Carbomb got him tickets on the glass for him, his wife, another doorman and his wife. Apparently this guy showed up to the UC like a little kid on Christmas, jumping around all excited to go to the game. He now owns a Carcillo sweater and follows the Hawks with his life. Dude is from Mexico and had never heard of or seen hockey until a couple years ago.

Anyway, point being, I changed my opinion on Carbomb from what it was years ago. He's a genuine stand-up guy on all accounts. Everyone he's dealt with it seems like they love him. He was always quiet, apparently. Never threw huge parties or anything. Just kind of went about his business and went out of his way to help others in the building.

Yeah, Carcillo is sober now (according to the video). I didn't know about the painkiller addiction he had in 2011. Crazy stuff. We all bitch about how much money they make, but some of them go through hell.

dmbetc 04-22-2015 05:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15920234)
:lol Dustin just waking up in his underwear in a room full of ladies.

Great stuff, Sarah.

90% of the time he is in his underwear. And his kids are usually trying to be naked. :lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15920254)
You probably can't say anything and we all respect that, but a little insight into this whole Jarrett Stoll thing would be interesting.

Honestly don't know anything. Wasn't brought up when I saw him over the weekend.

lockman21 04-22-2015 05:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15920264)
Yeah, Carcillo is sober now (according to the video). I didn't know about the painkiller addiction he had in 2011. Crazy stuff. We all bitch about how much money they make, but some of them go through hell.

Yeah, the life of a professional athlete is just insane.

I always think about Bill Burr when we talk about guys like this. If you guys don't know the bit, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0gaYyNk7QA

Anyway, one of the points he tries to make is that we as normal people have NO IDEA what they life is like. We have no clue what it's like day in and day out to put that physical toll on your body, live the life of glamour and public focus that they do. It's easy for me to walk into my corporate job, sit at a desk, and just be a normal guy to judge them, when in reality, I have no clue what that life would be like for me and what kind of toll it would take.

lockman21 04-22-2015 06:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechad90000 (Post 15919212)
I pretty much dislike all Central Division teams except for Nashville.

Eh, if the Hawks end up losing to the Preds, I'll be rooting for Nashville.

thechad90000 04-22-2015 07:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920289)
Eh, if the Hawks end up losing to the Preds, I'll be rooting for Nashville.

I'll be going for the Caps if Preds don't pull off this 3 in a row.

daveshookme 04-22-2015 07:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sarah: most guys in their late 20's want to e in their underwear 90% of the time. Nothing new there :lol

lockman21 04-22-2015 07:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Jonathan Toews, Anze Kopitar and Patrice Bergeron are Selke finalists.

In other shocking news, the sky is blue and grass is green.

aeroshady 04-22-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920369)
Jonathan Toews, Anze Kopitar and Patrice Bergeron are Selke finalists.

In other shocking news, the sky is blue and grass is green.

Clearly you have not been to NJ.

jackisback24 04-22-2015 08:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15920391)
Clearly you have not been to NJ.

water is green and the grass is blue?

socopithy 04-22-2015 08:20 PM

The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 15920392)
water is green and the grass is blue?

Hey man, the water is always greener on the other side.

lockman21 04-22-2015 08:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15920391)
Clearly you have not been to NJ.

I've flown into EWR plenty of times, and played golf in Alexandria, but not THAT part of NJ.

I'll never go to that part of NJ.

UCFish 04-22-2015 09:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920289)
Eh, if the Hawks end up losing to the Preds, I'll be rooting for Nashville.

:thumbsup

aeroshady 04-22-2015 09:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hate that the NHL blackouts games locally. Can't watch the Rangers because I don't get MSG at my apartment....

Climb2safety 04-22-2015 09:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15920450)
Hate that the NHL blackouts games locally. Can't watch the Rangers because I don't get MSG at my apartment....

Wtf? Rideculous.

John Kelly 04-22-2015 09:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Blues are winning Lord Stanley if they win tonight, otherwise they are bowing out 1st round like always.

lockman21 04-22-2015 10:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15920450)
Hate that the NHL blackouts games locally. Can't watch the Rangers because I don't get MSG at my apartment....

Code:

www.101livesportsvideos.com/videos/nhl-new-york-rangers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins/
Here ya go.

lockman21 04-22-2015 10:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kelly (Post 15920471)
Blues are winning Lord Stanley if they win tonight, otherwise they are bowing out 1st round like always.

Wow, must be the most important game in NHL history. First round game that decides the Stanley Cup. I had no idea.

Climb2safety 04-22-2015 10:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hanna is too fucking hot

jackisback24 04-22-2015 10:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 15920488)
Hanna is too fucking hot

Storm? 10 years ago.:thumbsup

aeroshady 04-22-2015 10:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15920473)
Code:

www.101livesportsvideos.com/videos/nhl-new-york-rangers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins/
Here ya go.

awesome!!!

dmbetc 04-22-2015 10:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Love me some Girardi

dmbetc 04-22-2015 10:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
RANGERS!!!l!!!

aeroshady 04-22-2015 10:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Yes!!!!!!!! Wooooo

daveshookme 04-22-2015 11:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Anaheim/Winnipeg is blacked out in Albany? Wtf?

daveshookme 04-22-2015 11:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Oh, found in on USA.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.