Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbetc 01-26-2015 02:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Teams that could fit Richards:

https://twitter.com/CapitalsHill/sta...784513/photo/1

fonzz41 01-26-2015 02:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15787365)
Prolly not. According to one report, the last possible deal fell though last night. I'm guessing teams wanted the Kings to eat some or more of the cap hit and they wouldn't.

I was reading talks of a Richards/Phaneuf deal. Is that the one that fell through?

pathetic 01-26-2015 02:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
this week needs to move faster. b's back on Thursday and superbowl weekend!!!

bonzo48280 01-26-2015 02:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
so Richards would go down to the AHL if/when he clears waivers?

TMoore4075 01-26-2015 02:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15787422)
I was reading talks of a Richards/Phaneuf deal. Is that the one that fell through?

They didn't say. That doesn't make much sense to me cause don't the Kings want relief? And getting Dion in return doesn't really help.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15787475)
so Richards would go down to the AHL if/when he clears waivers?

That's what I'm wondering. That only saves them under $1mil off the cap. Can you buy him out during the season? If not I'd have to assume he goes down to the AHL until he's bought out this summer.

fonzz41 01-26-2015 03:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15787492)
They didn't say. That doesn't make much sense to me cause don't the Kings want relief? And getting Dion in return doesn't really help.

The idea behind it, as I read it, wasn't so much getting the relief as it was finding some help with Voynov gone.

TMoore4075 01-26-2015 03:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15787550)
The idea behind it, as I read it, wasn't so much getting the relief as it was finding some help with Voynov gone.

Ah gotcha. Makes sense.

Alazais 01-26-2015 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Blow up the Leafs. I don't consider this to be a knee-jerk reaction. It has been 4 years of epic collapses. It's time to move on from this core. They can't do it and it makes my heart hurt but at some point you have to cut your losses.

I read Phaneuf to Dallas was in play. They really need a top line D-man. Hfboards was throwing around Ritchie +Olesknik (no idea how to spell his name) and a 1st. If that's the deal I am 100% in. Phaneuf is good. He doesn't have much support around him. With Daley and Goli he would fit in as a top pairing guy and succeed with that strong core they have over there.

Make it happen Shanny!

TMoore4075 01-26-2015 05:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15787773)
Blow up the Leafs. I don't consider this to be a knee-jerk reaction. It has been 4 years of epic collapses. It's time to move on from this core. They can't do it and it makes my heart hurt but at some point you have to cut your losses.

I read Phaneuf to Dallas was in play. They really need a top line D-man. Hfboards was throwing around Ritchie +Olesknik (no idea how to spell his name) and a 1st. If that's the deal I am 100% in. Phaneuf is good. He doesn't have much support around him. With Daley and Goli he would fit in as a top pairing guy and succeed with that strong core they have over there.

Make it happen Shanny!

Shouldn't they have done that when Burke took over? I mean I know he thought "hey we just missed the playoffs, lets get Kessel and that should get us in." But that was (in my opinion) amazingly shortsighted. Sure maybe Kessel gets you into the playoffs, but they had so many more holes if they wanted to win a Cup, not just make the playoffs.

Alazais 01-26-2015 06:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15787829)
Shouldn't they have done that when Burke took over? I mean I know he thought "hey we just missed the playoffs, lets get Kessel and that should get us in." But that was (in my opinion) amazingly shortsighted. Sure maybe Kessel gets you into the playoffs, but they had so many more holes if they wanted to win a Cup, not just make the playoffs.


Yes it would have been a much better idea. He was of the ideology that we didn't need to rebuild, just retool. That did not work out so well for us. But yes, we absolutely should have gone into full rebuild mode. We did not.

It has to be tough. Rogers just paid something gross like 1.5 billion for television rights over the next 5 years. That's about how long it would take for them to actually complete a rebuild. I imagine it's impossible to get approval from the board to rebuild when the flagship franchise (at least viewership wise) has deliberately decided to be terrible.

salrx95 01-27-2015 07:35 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Tough break losing Okposo for 6-8 weeks. Situation was career threatening. Hope he heals quickly.

Wonder if tonight's game will be on.

JRS1386 01-27-2015 08:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15787291)
Sorta surprised but no one was gonna take on that contract and he's not even close to worth that price tag for the 4-5 years he has left.

Waiting for the one Flyers fan to come in and say the flyers should never have traded him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15787296)
And Bobrovsky is out 4-6 weeks. Not that they had much of a shot to make the playoffs but they done now.

Everything is coming up Flyers!

TMoore4075 01-27-2015 11:34 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Actual hockey tonight! Of course Wings get to play two of the teams they've struggled the most with the last few years this week but...whatever. Gotta have challenges right?

lockman21 01-27-2015 02:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I honestly didn't expect Mike Richards to clear waivers. I thought someone (Winnipeg) will gamble on him. I guess no one wants that contract for that long. Now I'd like to see what impact this has on LA.

THIS IS WHY I MISS CAPGEEK.

fonzz41 01-27-2015 02:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Looking like on Twitter that Brodeur will announce his retirement today.

fonzz41 01-27-2015 02:26 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Losing Erik Johnson for 3-8 weeks will be a huge loss for the Avs as they desperately try to lock up a wild card. He's the best they've got on a not-great defense.

LET'S MAKE THIS YANDLE FOR O'REILLY THING HAPPEN.

TMoore4075 01-27-2015 02:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15789663)
I honestly didn't expect Mike Richards to clear waivers. I thought someone (Winnipeg) will gamble on him. I guess no one wants that contract for that long. Now I'd like to see what impact this has on LA.

THIS IS WHY I MISS CAPGEEK.

Yeah it's the term. 3 more years at the cap hit, I think. If he continues to not produce, he's not worth that price.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15789690)
Looking like on Twitter that Brodeur will announce his retirement today.

I wish he would have retired a Devil. I see it both ways. Wanted to give it one more chance and thought he could vs the other side, he wasn't a #1 anymore and pretty much everyone knew it, so just admit it and retire where you belong.

TMoore4075 01-27-2015 02:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15789703)
Losing Erik Johnson for 3-8 weeks will be a huge loss for the Avs as they desperately try to lock up a wild card. He's the best they've got on a not-great defense.

LET'S MAKE THIS YANDLE FOR O'REILLY THING HAPPEN.

ROR is going to be tough to move. With only one year left, and a UFA after it, would a team like the Yotes take that risk? I think someone will, but for the Coyotes, they need him to stay to make it worth it.

fonzz41 01-27-2015 02:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15789711)
ROR is going to be tough to move. With only one year left, and a UFA after it, would a team like the Yotes take that risk? I think someone will, but for the Coyotes, they need him to stay to make it worth it.

It is a big issue, yes. And with his past contractual squabbles, I bet teams think twice.

lockman21 01-27-2015 02:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I want Yandle to get out of the desert so bad. Get that guy in the spotlight.

dmbetc 01-27-2015 04:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15789663)
I honestly didn't expect Mike Richards to clear waivers. I thought someone (Winnipeg) will gamble on him. I guess no one wants that contract for that long. Now I'd like to see what impact this has on LA.

THIS IS WHY I MISS CAPGEEK.

Hopefully Toffoli will be back soon. Maybe this will light a fire under is ass. Doesn't help that the Hawks are their first game back!

On a related note: I'm happy Chris got some national spotlight over the ASG weekend. He's at every game, in the jumbo tron. The fans and team all love him.

TMoore4075 01-27-2015 04:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 15789989)
Hopefully Toffoli will be back soon. Maybe this will light a fire under is ass. Doesn't help that the Hawks are their first game back!

On a related note: I'm happy Chris got some national spotlight over the ASG weekend. He's at every game, in the jumbo tron. The fans and team all love him.

They put him in the jumbo tron? That's not cool. Sorry had to mock the typo. I loved him coaching during the game, that was awesome.

swordo84 01-27-2015 06:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
In light of Brodeur retiring, who are your top 3 goalies of all-time, in order?


Mine would be;
1)Brodeur
2)Roy
3)Hasek

lockman21 01-27-2015 06:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So weird that Marty is taking a job with the Blues.

Freakin Devils franchise has just been getting shit on lately. Parise, Kovalchuk, and now freakin Marty all jumping ship on the organization. Just a matter of time before Elias joins the Rangers or something.

TMoore4075 01-27-2015 08:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Lou said Marty will be back with the Devils. We'll see I guess.

lockman21 01-27-2015 08:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Saw someone post online that with Kovy, Parise and now Marty...if the Devil's were a teenage girl they'd be a stripper by now with all the abandonment issues :lol

TMoore4075 01-27-2015 10:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Wings were down 2-1 and them I put Griffin to bed and get a snack and come back and they lead 5-2.

salrx95 01-27-2015 10:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Another dominant effort over the Rag$. Love the "you can't beat us chant". Rangers had no answer for JT tonight. Add tanner glass to the list of pos around the league.

~Crashintome89~ 01-27-2015 11:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
pens trade for lapierre.

Sending Marcel Goc the other way. Look out.

bradshaw06 01-27-2015 11:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15790749)
pens trade for lapierre.

Sending Marcel Goc the other way. Look out.

Lol. How is Lapierre these days? I remember he was a pain in the ass a few years ago. Shame, i liked Goc.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.