Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 12-23-2014 11:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
not sure if you guys will be around the next few days so I would like to extend to you all some Christmas cheer. Enjoy the holidays, folks!

hailtopitt 12-23-2014 11:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
this might be the least i've ever cared about a winter classic

hailtopitt 12-23-2014 11:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15728677)
not sure if you guys will be around the next few days so I would like to extend to you all some Christmas cheer. Enjoy the holidays, folks!

same to you :thumbsup

fonzz41 12-23-2014 12:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15728536)
All that said I'm really looking forward to tonight's NYR/Caps game. Should be a great test for both teams and they've both been very good these past couple weeks.

Dude, my automated draft for the fantasy league gave me Holtby and I can't tell you how many times I've come thiiiissss close to dropping him. For some reason I've kept him on, and my (I'll call it) patience has paid off the last couple weeks. He's been pretty solid :thumbsup A bright spot on my otherwise bad team.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15728688)
this might be the least i've ever cared about a winter classic

Me too. I mean, a hockey game is a hockey game so of course I'm excited to watch it. But the anticipation isn't there like it's been for past games.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15728677)
not sure if you guys will be around the next few days so I would like to extend to you all some Christmas cheer. Enjoy the holidays, folks!

Same to you, pal. Happy Holidays to all you bums. Except the Red Wings fan. Screw that guy.

hailtopitt 12-23-2014 12:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15728805)
Me too. I mean, a hockey game is a hockey game so of course I'm excited to watch it. But the anticipation isn't there like it's been for past games.

yea, remember when Ovechkin had cache and appeal?












:lol me neither

TMoore4075 12-23-2014 01:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
It's the Hawks and Caps. There is no national appeal there. Yes they have the stars but I have no interest.

~Crashintome89~ 12-23-2014 01:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I bet Tim doesn't even celebrate Christmas.

Grinch.

TMoore4075 12-23-2014 01:56 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
It's all about Kwanzaa bitch.

dmbetc 12-23-2014 02:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Happy Holidays everyone!!

<3 your hairy legged female

aeroshady 12-23-2014 02:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15728688)
this might be the least i've ever cared about a winter classic

The NHL flooded the market with all these outdoor games. I didn't watch the winter classic last year, and I won't this year. I will enjoy watching the ratings plummet due to their greed.

fonzz41 12-23-2014 02:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15728974)
The NHL flooded the market with all these outdoor games. I didn't watch the winter classic last year, and I won't this year. I will enjoy watching the ratings plummet due to their greed.

I do enjoy watching the outdoor games. But I do agree also that the number of them has probably partially contributed to me not being quite as excited for the Winter Classic as I used to be when it was the one outdoor game.

It would be like having Christmas four times a year. Sure I would probably still enjoy it each time, but it wouldn't have quite the build-up of excitement over the course of the year.

TMoore4075 12-23-2014 02:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15728974)
The NHL flooded the market with all these outdoor games. I didn't watch the winter classic last year, and I won't this year. I will enjoy watching the ratings plummet due to their greed.

Obviously I watched it last year, but even with not being a fan of the Wings or Leafs I think I still would have just because it's a historical rivalary and it was at a huge ass football stadium.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15728979)
I do enjoy watching the outdoor games. But I do agree also that the number of them has probably partially contributed to me not being quite as excited for the Winter Classic as I used to be when it was the one outdoor game.

It would be like having Christmas four times a year. Sure I would probably still enjoy it each time, but it wouldn't have quite the build-up of excitement over the course of the year.

I do agree they overdid it last year, I think most of us said that last year. I only watched the Winter Classic I think. I saw parts of the NYC games but those were just eh to me and I watched parts of the Heritage cause I wanted to see all the media around Lou not starting, but didn't watch much of it. I don't think I watched a minute of the chicago game either. Make it once a year for the WC and then every other year maybe do the Heritage.

lockman21 12-23-2014 04:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15728974)
The NHL flooded the market with all these outdoor games. I didn't watch the winter classic last year, and I won't this year. I will enjoy watching the ratings plummet due to their greed.

Eh, I hope the ratings don't plummet. It goes hand-in-hand with the salary cap, and I want the cap to keep climbing.

I like the sport getting national attention and gaining momentum, so I'm never rooting for it to fail.

salrx95 12-23-2014 04:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Merry Christmas to all you hockey fanatics.

Hoping for one more win under the tree for Christmas.

JRS1386 12-23-2014 05:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hope all non-Flyer fans get coal this year and have non-alcoholic egg nog (except the Mormon, spike his)

barbogast 12-23-2014 06:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15728688)
this might be the least i've ever cared about a winter classic

Unless you have a rooting interest I don't see how anyone would care really. There are many reasons. Pretty disappointing considering I'm obviously thrilled the Caps got it in DC. But considering there's been zero build up, the NHL over saturated the outdoor game market recently, the Hawks/Caps isn't a rivalry in any way, and the accompanying TV special is on Epix :lol (though episode 1 was good), I don't think anyone who says they don't care is out of line

barbogast 12-23-2014 06:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15729082)
Eh, I hope the ratings don't plummet. It goes hand-in-hand with the salary cap, and I want the cap to keep climbing.

I like the sport getting national attention and gaining momentum, so I'm never rooting for it to fail.

This. Although I don't think the WC will score a very high rating this year.

barbogast 12-23-2014 06:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
And merry Christmas to everyone in here as well. Even though you all have terrible taste in hockey teams.

fonzz41 12-23-2014 06:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15729154)
Hope all non-Flyer fans get coal this year and have non-alcoholic egg nog (except the Mormon, spike his)

I don't know what to say... I'm just so... honored!

rustysurf83 12-23-2014 10:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hawks taking an early vacation for the holidays.

Alazais 12-24-2014 01:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'm just outside of Tampa for a week here. Went to the Lightning vs Pens game tonight. it was awesome. Saw a hatrick. Malkin had a bunch of awesome assists. We were 6th row just off of centre ice. it was one of the best games I've been to.

Happy Holidays everyone.

TMoore4075 12-24-2014 08:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy hell a win, and a lot of goals. Scroed as many last night as the last 6 games combined I think. Sure it was like the 2nd worst team in the league, but I'll take anything. Hell if it was the sad excuse for a POS Oilers team, I'd have taken that too.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 15729517)
I'm just outside of Tampa for a week here. Went to the Lightning vs Pens game tonight. it was awesome. Saw a hatrick. Malkin had a bunch of awesome assists. We were 6th row just off of centre ice. it was one of the best games I've been to.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Sounds awesome. Nice that the Lightning were hosting a good team so you got to see that. Always wanted to go to that arena. Was actulaly down there once when the Wings were, didn't know that when I planned the trip, but the game was sold out. It was when the Wings had Hull, Hasek and everyone else so not a surprise.

Enjoy the holidays everyone.

ryguy469 12-24-2014 09:40 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Rangers win their 7th in a row last night. Rick Nash is just on an absolute tear and Hank is finally putting back to back games together. This is right around when they found their stride last year so it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up in 2015.

aeroshady 12-24-2014 10:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Oh what a night for the Rangers!!!! The hottest team in the NHL makes it 7 in a row! Stop their devision rivals! Nash and St. Louis looked great!

....and the Islanders lost for icing on the cake ;)

~Crashintome89~ 12-25-2014 02:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
cannot wait to see big bad sam morin don the red and white this week for Canada.

In other news, suck it Canada. Jack Eichel for Prez.

TMoore4075 12-25-2014 10:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Happy Christmas dudes and dudette. Because of my own doing, I'll be watching kids movies all morning.

JRS1386 12-25-2014 10:11 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Merry Christmas all!

aeroshady 12-25-2014 01:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Merry Christmas everyone!!

JRS1386 12-25-2014 01:34 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
My nephew got avalanche pjs and a long sleeve Duchene pj shirt

barbogast 12-25-2014 02:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I got a #10 Matt Bradley Caps 2011 WC jersey this morning, plus some whiskey in my stocking. Gonna be a good day.

Merry Christmas to the best little corner of the internet. Hope you all have a great day


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.