Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 08:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
@DarrenDreger"
Islanders, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Montreal...among the many with interest in Andrew Ladd. When Stamkos decision is made the next wave hits.

I could see Nashville as a fit or even the Isles. Thoughts?

swordo84 06-29-2016 08:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491944)
I think Lucic would do wonders for the Oilers. Honestly, they're better off trading either Eberle or Hall for a D-man straight up.

I'd rather see those two stay and they package Nuge and Yakupov together, but the same net result would be similar.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 09:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16492442)
I'd rather see those two stay and they package Nuge and Yakupov together, but the same net result would be similar.

I think Hall gets you a better return than those two together. I agree I'd rather have those two over Looch but if you can sign Looch and swing a trade for a top pairing d....

excitingjae 06-29-2016 09:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16491390)
Everything about the Eagles is laughable. I still crack up every time I remember that Lurie called their organization the gold standard of the NFL despite never winning a Super Bowl. Don't even get me started on the fanbase.

So you have a problem with me being a Penguins fan despite my liking the Phillies and the Eagles yet you're a Flyers fan who doesn't like the Eagles? And you call me terrible? Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 09:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I don't really like football, never saw the appeal of it so I don't have a foot in the race. I can't stand the Eagles because of the organization and the fanbase, which is by far one of the worst in all of sports.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 09:48 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16492442)
I'd rather see those two stay and they package Nuge and Yakupov together, but the same net result would be similar.

Neither of these underachievers will get you the D-man that you need.

barbogast 06-29-2016 10:02 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16492489)
Neither of these underachievers will get you the D-man that you need.

Exactly. Edmonton can't pretend they will anymore, it's time to move Hall. I can understand keeping Eberle off the table, but in the position they're in, it's time to stop pretending that one day someone will magically want Yakupov and will give a good return for him. Nugent Hopkins is slightly more attractive, but if they ever intend to land a real, elite level d man, they're gonna have to move one of their two big pieces.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 10:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Rumors of the Bruins doing an offer sheet for Trouba. The only way they can do that however is by making the annual salary $9.3mil. Bruins don't have a 3rd rounder next year so they'd have to have the salary so high that they'd have to give up 4 firsts. Please do it Boston. Jets would be stupid to match that and the Bruins taking on 9.3mil for this kid....

JRS1386 06-29-2016 10:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492534)
Rumors of the Bruins doing an offer sheet for Trouba. The only way they can do that however is by making the annual salary $9.3mil. Bruins don't have a 3rd rounder next year so they'd have to have the salary so high that they'd have to give up 4 firsts. Please do it Boston. Jets would be stupid to match that and the Bruins taking on 9.3mil for this kid....

That would be amazingly stupid and fun to watch

swordo84 06-29-2016 10:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
You can't blame me for wanting to hold onto those two. Gotta drop the dead weight or course - totally get that the return on Nuge/Yak wouldn't be nearly as good though.

Alazais 06-29-2016 11:06 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Does Toronto land Stamkos?

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 11:13 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16492624)
Does Toronto land Stamkos?

Assuming he doesn't stay in Tampa, I'd put Toronto slightly ahead of Detroit. Detroit sure seems to be pushing for him like...real bad from everything that's being reported. I'm just not confident when it comes down to it he picks Detroit over his hometown. Buffalo can offer the most money but he's gonna get pretty paid regardless so I think fit is a bigger thing and Detroit and TO both need a #1 center.

Lcsulla 06-29-2016 11:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491048)
hoping to get an Olli Maatta in the white

or maybe a Murray but i'm still iffy on that

Going out on a limb and assuming you have jersey's for guys like Crosby and Letang. Maata would be an odd choice for a number of reasons - to me anyhow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16491079)
Pens are simple and classic...so good

Much as I do not like the Penguins I agree their jersey's are very classic. Hate it when teams make major changes.

Not a big fan of alternate jersey's myself, they are pretty pointless ways to make a few more bucks. I get the O6 teams using their old school ones on occasion but with say Chicago I think their black alternates are awful, the camo ones they used for veterans day are pretty bad - even the occasional one off jersey's with colored numbers they put up for auction after certain games (pink numbers for breast cancer awareness day) are generally pretty bad even if I do agree they raise money for a good cause.

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 11:38 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16492678)
Going out on a limb and assuming you have jersey's for guys like Crosby and Letang. Maata would be an odd choice for a number of reasons - to me anyhow.



Much as I do not like the Penguins I agree their jersey's are very classic. Hate it when teams make major changes.

i have a black Kevin Stevens throwback (technically not a throwback anymore)
i have a black Marty Straka (with vegas gold)
i have a white Lemieux throwback (same era as the Stevens sweater)

and why exactly would Olli Maatta be an odd choice? he's young, he's maybe my favorite current penguin, and he just signed a long extension so he'll be here for a while

and yes, the Penguins pretty much kill it in the sweater game.

jrkarger 06-29-2016 11:51 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492700)
i have a black Kevin Stevens throwback (technically not a throwback anymore)
i have a black Marty Straka (with vegas gold)
i have a white Lemieux throwback (same era as the Stevens sweater)

and why exactly would Olli Maatta be an odd choice? he's young, he's maybe my favorite current penguin, and he just signed a long extension so he'll be here for a while

and yes, the Penguins pretty much kill it in the sweater game.

I have a black Mark Recchi throwback complete with the badger bob, NHL 75th Anniversary, and Pens 25th Anniversary patches. I got it around 2003.

I've always been tempted to get a white Ron Francis from the same era. I also considered getting a white Bill Guerin shortly after the 2009 cup but never pulled the trigger.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 11:56 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
No Fata or Kris Beech for you boys? And you call yourselves fans....

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 11:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492754)
No Fata or Kris Beech for you boys? And you call yourselves fans....

was saving up for a Dick Tarnstrom sweater

jrkarger 06-29-2016 11:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Milan Kraft or konstantin koltsov :lol

EDIT: Don't forget Jarko Ruutu

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 11:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16492738)
I have a black Mark Recchi throwback complete with the badger bob, NHL 75th Anniversary, and Pens 25th Anniversary patches. I got it around 2003.

I've always been tempted to get a white Ron Francis from the same era. I also considered getting a white Bill Guerin shortly after the 2009 cup but never pulled the trigger.

Ron Francis would be a good one

i really want a Jagr with the diagonal Pittsburgh across the chest

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 12:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I remember seeing a dude in a Ray Whitney Wings jersey at the Pearl Jam concert I went to in 2014. Could have lit that $150-200 on fire instead. Not a Fata Beach by any means but that's gotta hurt.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 12:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Seth Jones deal is a steal. 6 years at 5.4mil per. In terms of teams at or close to the cap...Pens are #1, actually over the cap and teams 2 and 3? CBJ and the Leafs. Way to go boys....

excitingjae 06-29-2016 12:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I once had someone tell me I wasn't a true Penguins fan because I didn't have a Jan Hrdina jersey...I guess because I hadn't decided to buy a jersey for everyone who was ever a Penguin kind of like Flyers fans get whatever hot goaltender they have at the time who flames out/is gone within two years.

I own a Ron Francis Third Jersey (the one from the mid-late 90s) and the black one with "PITTSBURGH" across the chest with no name/number.

Thinking about getting the white one for Christmas but I usually like to get a home jersey instead of away but the white is very classy.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 12:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
get this man a comma.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 12:09 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I have a white Yzerman and a white Osgood one and then a Zetterberg one from the 2014 winter classic against the Leafs. That's my favorite right now. I need to get a Larkin jersey and need a regular red one since I don't have one of those yet.

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 12:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by excitingjae (Post 16492784)
I once had someone tell me I wasn't a true Penguins fan because I didn't have a Jan Hrdina jersey...I guess because I hadn't decided to buy a jersey for everyone who was ever a Penguin kind of like Flyers fans get whatever hot goaltender they have at the time who flames out/is gone within two years.

I own a Ron Francis Third Jersey (the one from the mid-late 90s) and the black one with "PITTSBURGH" across the chest with no name/number.

Thinking about getting the white one for Christmas but I usually like to get a home jersey instead of away but the white is very classy.

what? unless that was Jan Hrdina himself i don't buy it

Dramageek 06-29-2016 12:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492809)
what? unless that was Jan Hrdina himself i don't buy it

Well, only the truest of the true Penns fans completed the Hrdina collection by also getting a Jiri Hrdina sweater. ;)

Dramageek 06-29-2016 12:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492778)
Seth Jones deal is a steal. 6 years at 5.4mil per. In terms of teams at or close to the cap...Pens are #1, actually over the cap and teams 2 and 3? CBJ and the Leafs. Way to go boys....

I heard the Pens are $1 million under the cap. Obviously very close to it, but not yet over.

Lcsulla 06-29-2016 12:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492700)
i have a black Kevin Stevens throwback (technically not a throwback anymore)
i have a black Marty Straka (with vegas gold)
i have a white Lemieux throwback (same era as the Stevens sweater)

and why exactly would Olli Maatta be an odd choice? he's young, he's maybe my favorite current penguin, and he just signed a long extension so he'll be here for a while

To each their own I guess, I just prefer impact players who I know will be around and solid for a long time. I do not think Maata is all that great and I believe the Pens will ship him out without a second thought if they could package him with another someone else to land another top tier D guy to supplement Letang.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16492738)
I've always been tempted to get a white Ron Francis from the same era.

Got one myself - admittedly it has a Whalers logo on it. :lol

Also have a home Ulf Sameulson Whalers jersey, home Brendan Shanahan jersey and a blue Kevin Dineen Whalers one. Also have a WHA Gordie Howe New England Whalers one. For the Hawks I just have Keith, Toews, Kane and Roenick. Even have a couple from teams I do not generally cheer for - home Gretzky, home Brett Hull, a team USA jersey and even a vintage USSR jersey. Yeah, been collecting them a long time. Some are more worn then other and look ratty after so much use but even the older ones like Ulf still fit because I had to buy them larger to fit over my pads. :lol

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 12:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16492840)
I heard the Pens are $1 million under the cap. Obviously very close to it, but not yet over.

they are over by 1.38 million as of today, but that will change

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins/cap/

fonzz41 06-29-2016 12:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492754)
No Fata or Kris Beech for you boys? And you call yourselves fans....

If none of you but a Fata sweater, you're dead to me. DEAD to me, you hear???
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16492778)
Seth Jones deal is a steal. 6 years at 5.4mil per. In terms of teams at or close to the cap...Pens are #1, actually over the cap and teams 2 and 3? CBJ and the Leafs. Way to go boys....

Yeah good job with the Jones deal. If he continues his progression into Rob Blake reborn it will look like a real steal.

jrkarger 06-29-2016 12:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16492769)
Ron Francis would be a good one

i really want a Jagr with the diagonal Pittsburgh across the chest

Nice!! Snoop Dogg special!!

http://cdn.antiquiet.com/wp-content/...57-467x351.jpg

https://ursportsreport.files.wordpre...ins-jersey.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16492874)
vintage USSR jersey.

My buddy once said he wanted to customize a red "CCCP" jersey with Malkin's name and number. I don't think he ever did, though.

hailtopitt 06-29-2016 12:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16492934)

:lol exactly!

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 03:25 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/do...last-20-years/

Can't really argue those. I was one who thought Kariya and Selanne in Colorado was gonna do big things, even without Roy in net.

swordo84 06-29-2016 04:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
@TSNBobMcKenzie
EDM and NJD appear to be edging closer to completion of a trade involving Taylor Hall. Could be imminent. Not official yet.

‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago
As has been talked about last couple of days, Larsson is key piece EDM has been looking at.


Looks like a done deal now, pending details.

Really hope Larsson pans out otherwise this is a huge oops. Edm must be confident Lucic is signing to fill the hole left by Hall too.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:32 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Peter Chiarelli has now traded both the #1 and the #2 picks from the 2010 draft.

Yeah Larsson better pan out. I don't know much about him but I was expecting like Shattenkirk or something.

swordo84 06-29-2016 04:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493458)
Peter Chiarelli has now traded both the #1 and the #2 picks from the 2010 draft.

Yeah Larsson better pan out. I don't know much about him but I was expecting like Shattenkirk or something.

Yeah, and it looks like a straight 1 for 1 trade....which would not be cool.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493459)
Yeah, and it looks like a straight 1 for 1 trade....which would not be cool.

Yeah I figured they'd be like a pick or two going back to EDM or some other player...nope. Shero is putting his feed up on his desk right now.

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 04:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
lmao Edmonton.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:39 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I want to point this trade out when Wings fans throw a fit on Friday or Saturday if Wings don't get Stamkos and hold back on overspending on second tier talent. Essentially Lucic and Larsson for Taylor Hall.....

DMBstandUP1984 06-29-2016 04:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Peter Chiarelli has now traded the first and second picks from 2010 draft. lol

fonzz41 06-29-2016 04:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
If Larsson pans out, this trade will look good. IF he pans out.

The problem is, as Matt Larkin pointed out on Twitter, Larsson has really been on the up and up, developing nicely in NJ without pressure of being the number one guy. Now he's traded to a big hockey city where he automatically becomes "the guy who they traded Taylor Hall for." We'll see if that hinders his development. I hope not. He's a really good young defenseman.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
The top 6 picks from 2010 are no longer with the teams that drafted them.

Roose13 06-29-2016 04:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy Shit, Taylor Hall to the Devils for Adam Larsson it looks like.

swordo84 06-29-2016 04:46 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Fuck, this is not a good 1 - 1 trade at all.

Alazais 06-29-2016 04:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Peter Chiarelli is the worst GM in the NHL. That's crazy.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 04:48 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493494)
Fuck, this is not a good 1 - 1 trade at all.

On the surface, no.

In a season or two, this could look great. I watched a bit of Larsson last year, and he's got all the skill to be a really good defenseman.

And yes, I know that doesn't fit the get-better-now message Oilers brass has been promising.

swordo84 06-29-2016 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Even when we try to improve we suck.

Ima go eat a tub of ice cream now.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So how does year #11 feel for no playoffs for the Oilers?

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 04:52 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I thought Larsson was going to pan out eventually. I saw his play at the WJC, and he looked good, really good. His play certainly was hindered because of how God awful New Jersey has been, but Matty is right--now he goes to Edmonton as the #1 guy with all this pressure? Hmmm....

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
More talent up front in EDM but the goalie talent drops off quite a bit too so... Fans are gonna be on him for every mistake he makes because as said above...he's the guy who was traded for Hall.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16493518)
I thought Larsson was going to pan out eventually. I saw his play at the WJC, and he looked good, really good. His play certainly was hindered because of how God awful New Jersey has been, but Matty is right--now he goes to Edmonton as the #1 guy with all this pressure? Hmmm....

Yeah. If this trade was made NEXT offseason, after another year of Larsson developing in a non-pressure situation, I don't think folks would be balking nearly as much.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
whoa what in the actual fuck is going on? Weber for Subban???????????????????????????????????????????? ??

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 04:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
now the Preds just traded Weber for Subban. WTF

Dramageek 06-29-2016 04:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493533)
whoa what in the actual fuck is going on? Weber for Subban???????????????????????????????????????????? ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjnZO5ZgWE8

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
And Stamkos staying in TBL.....jesus christ!

fonzz41 06-29-2016 04:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493533)
whoa what in the actual fuck is going on? Weber for Subban???????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Until I hear it from someone other than Kypreos, I'm skeptical.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 04:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Regarding Stamkos, I hate when I have to tell myself "I told you so."

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 04:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493542)
Until I hear it from someone other than Kypreos, I'm skeptical.

Friedman was saying it too and I trust him a lot. But yes normally I'd agree with you. Suter does look good in that Wings jersey......fucking Kypreos.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493543)
Regarding Stamkos, I hate when I have to tell myself "I told you so."

I'm just happy Wings can move on and not sit around. Also I like that he's staying on a team in my division that was already good instead of improving one of the other two.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:01 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493548)
I'm just happy Wings can move on and not sit around. Also I like that he's staying on a team in my division that was already good instead of improving one of the other two.

So what does this mean for Bishop?

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493549)
So what does this mean for Bishop?

He's there through the year I think don't you? no one needs a goalie right now.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So I have to leave work in 12 minutes....anything else gonna happen?

Roose13 06-29-2016 05:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy fucking fuck Weber for Subban just happened

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493542)
Until I hear it from someone other than Kypreos, I'm skeptical.

LeBrun confirms. I am no longer skeptical.

Montreal just made one of the best trades in the history of their storied franchise.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I don't know about the trade. Does Weber make them any better? He's probably better on the defensive side than PK but they still have added 0 offensive help.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493558)
I don't know about the trade. Does Weber make them any better? He's probably better on the defensive side than PK but they still have added 0 offensive help.

They are LOADS better defensively, and I contend that Weber can do just as much offensively as Subban. Wonderful trade for Montreal getting one of the top 3 all-around defensemen in the game.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:10 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493561)
They are LOADS better defensively, and I contend that Weber can do just as much offensively as Subban. Wonderful trade for Montreal getting one of the top 3 all-around defensemen in the game.

Yeah but what was their problem last year? Scoring goals.

haha capfriendly and generalfanager are both down.

UCFish 06-29-2016 05:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Lot of shit going down

barbogast 06-29-2016 05:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol :lol Nashville

Oh my god

:lol :lol :lol :lol

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16493567)
Yeah but what was their problem last year? Scoring goals.

haha capfriendly and generalfanager are both down.

I get that. But being able to peddle a one-dimensional defenseman for Shea Weber? Why not? They can still make more moves (we'll see if they actually do, lol).

And I should say this about my least favorite NHL player, good for him. I get the impression that Nashville wants their players to have fun in the community to build interest and such. Subban is perfect for that sort of thing.

Also in Nashville, give Mike Underwood the C.

barbogast 06-29-2016 05:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493561)
They are LOADS better defensively, and I contend that Weber can do just as much offensively as Subban. Wonderful trade for Montreal getting one of the top 3 all-around defensemen in the game.

Right.

Like. What the fuck is Nashville thinking. Holy shit.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
PK sounds less than thrilled about the trade from some of the quotes out there. i'm sure he'll back track once it sinks in but...still.

Alright I'm leaving. Nothing happen till I get home.

TheLastPig 06-29-2016 05:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy shit Subban for Weber? I havent been following closely, has this been rumored for awhile? I didnt know either were being shopped.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:16 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16493575)
Right.

Like. What the fuck is Nashville thinking. Holy shit.

Right?

Subban is flashy, and that can skew a little bit as to what makes a good defenseman. They will miss Weber's steadiness next year.

Although, having Josi helps. He will definitely be the ying to Subban's yang.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:17 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16493582)
Holy shit Subban for Weber? I havent been following closely, has this been rumored for awhile? I didnt know either were being shopped.

Subban has been rumored this offseason. But Weber? I don't think anyone could've predicted that.

trd1610 06-29-2016 05:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Stammer!!! Very happy about this, 8th year and a modest price all things considered. It'll be interesting to see if this ripples into a Bishop trade now or if they wait until the deadline.

barbogast 06-29-2016 05:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16493583)
Right?

Subban is flashy, and that can skew a little bit as to what makes a good defenseman. They will miss Weber's steadiness next year.

Although, having Josi helps. He will definitely be the ying to Subban's yang.

That has to be the thinking, that Subban can perhaps provide some flash that Weber couldn't, while Josi remains the steady horse back there covering for PK's pinch-oriented style.

But still, I don't like it at all. Weber is perhaps the best all around defenseman on the planet. He's certainly one of maybe 3 you could consider. Pk Subban isn't one of the other two. I just don't know how you make that deal. Good for Montreal. That's a whale of a deal for them.

TheLastPig 06-29-2016 05:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Stammer resigns. 8 years $68 mil.

Glad he is staying put.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16493594)
That has to be the thinking, that Subban can perhaps provide some flash that Weber couldn't, while Josi remains the steady horse back there covering for PK's pinch-oriented style.

But still, I don't like it at all. Weber is perhaps the best all around defenseman on the planet. He's certainly one of maybe 3 you could consider. Pk Subban isn't one of the other two. I just don't know how you make that deal. Good for Montreal. That's a whale of a deal for them.

And to be fair to NAS, that may be exactly what they're looking for in a market that is growing, but could use an injection of flash.

Mike Johnson saying NAS wins trade because Subban is 4 years younger than Weber. lol. It's not like Weber is 40 or something like that. He's 30. Tons of good years. I think he's more expensive, but he also brings more skills to the table than Subban ever did. Well worth the price.

Very few can play the physical game that Weber can, while still being very mobile in all 3 zones and excellent offensively.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:30 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Currently writing a note of apology to Nick Kypreos.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 05:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by trd1610 (Post 16493590)
Stammer!!! Very happy about this, 8th year and a modest price all things considered. It'll be interesting to see if this ripples into a Bishop trade now or if they wait until the deadline.

Bishop is there until at least the deadline. No one needs a goalie.

The Subban deal I just don't know if they improve THAT much. Traded a fan favorite there. It better work.

JRS1386 06-29-2016 05:33 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Nash should have let the Flyers signed Weber away

Roose13 06-29-2016 05:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16493617)
Nash should have let the Flyers signed Weber away

Yea, matching the Flyers offer looking dumber and dumber now.

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Pretty cool that Steve Yzerman held his ground, and now he's got both Steven Stamkos and a much-improved Drouin on his roster for next year. Kudos to him.

lockman21 06-29-2016 05:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
What the shit is going on

fonzz41 06-29-2016 05:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16493644)
What the shit is going on

Nothing. Why?

fonzz41 06-29-2016 06:02 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Toews isn't the only one thinking this right now...

Jonathan Toews ‏@JonathanToews
Hey Webs good luck in Montreal thanks for leaving our division! #relief

~Crashintome89~ 06-29-2016 06:08 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Wait, you are all getting on the case of Nashville instead of Montreal?

fonzz41 06-29-2016 06:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16493668)
Wait, you are all getting on the case of Nashville instead of Montreal?

It was a good trade where neither team got fleeced, but MTL definitely got the better player.

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 06:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16493626)
Yea, matching the Flyers offer looking dumber and dumber now.

They got Weber for 4 years and now get Subban. Had they not matched that franchise would have died. Suter and Weber both leave in the same summer...

barbogast 06-29-2016 06:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16493668)
Wait, you are all getting on the case of Nashville instead of Montreal?

Lol

Of course we are. They traded Weber for pk Subban. That is dumb.

swordo84 06-29-2016 06:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Why couldn't Edm have traded Hall for one of the good d men today?

swordo84 06-29-2016 06:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This is the only place I've seen that thinks Montreal won that trade.

barbogast 06-29-2016 07:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16493740)
This is the only place I've seen that thinks Montreal won that trade.

I guess you know where to come for smart hockey talk then

lockman21 06-29-2016 07:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I would take Shea Weber over PK every single freakin' day of the week.

barbogast 06-29-2016 07:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16493773)
I would take Shea Weber over PK every single freakin' day of the week.

Right. How anyone wouldn't is beyond me. Like, it's not even remotely close.

bradshaw06 06-29-2016 07:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Well that all escalated quickly

lockman21 06-29-2016 07:23 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I walked into a 45 minute meeting, then checked what happened in the NHL. Hall traded. Subban traded. Stamkos staying in TB.

This is what I felt like checking NHL offseason news after my meeting - http://i.imgur.com/cMWalaa.gif

TMoore4075 06-29-2016 07:59 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
This sounds weird but I want the Wings to do nothing big on Friday. Maybe try and re-sign Helm and make a move for a top defenseman and other than that let the kids play. None of the players out there are worth what they are gonna get. None.

bradshaw06 06-29-2016 08:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2...source=twitter

The cap recapture for weber is insane if he retires early


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.