Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 07:04 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16456131)
You guys are crazy. h2p is right on here. It would take a ton more than $6k for me to sell my ticket to the game the Caps win the Cup in. There's obviously a number, but it ain't $6k

:thumbsup hear, hear

Dramageek 06-09-2016 07:06 AM

It's a great day for hockey!! :bounce

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457280)
It's a great day for hockey!! :bounce

not getting a lick of work done today

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...pg?format=750w

can't wait to hear what the arena sounds like tonight. hoping we can close it out...a lot of fans taking the series for granted (i'm NOT one of them) but i'm sure the players aren't. time to play with desperation

jrkarger 06-09-2016 07:24 AM

I've thought about this selling the ticket thang...

I'm kind of leaning toward selling. I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't sell the ticket and the Pens lose tonight. For this not being a sure thing, I don't think I could pass of up the money.

I asked my wife and she disagreed. No sale.

Now, if we are talking Game 7 and I for sure see the cup regardless of who would win; that's a different story.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16457290)

can't wait to hear what the arena sounds like tonight. hoping we can close it out...a lot of fans taking the series for granted (i'm NOT one of them) but i'm sure the players aren't. time to play with desperation

With nothing immediately needing to go out the door, work is secondary today.

This should be the best crowd Consol has ever seen. If the Pens get a lead going into, say, the second period, the crowd should be out of the seats and shouting the rest of the game. I expect sheer bedlam.

jrkarger 06-09-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457320)
With nothing immediately needing to go out the door, work is secondary today.

This should be the best crowd Consol has ever seen. If the Pens get a lead going into, say, the second period, the crowd should be out of the seats and shouting the rest of the game. I expect sheer bedlam.

I won't be comfortable unless the pens have a 4 goal lead in the 3rd.

If they have anything less going into that period I am going to be a nervous wreck.

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16457319)
I've thought about this selling the ticket thang...

I'm kind of leaning toward selling. I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't sell the ticket and the Pens lose tonight. For this not being a sure thing, I don't think I could pass of up the money.

I asked my wife and she disagreed. No sale.

Now, if we are talking Game 7 and I for sure have a chance to see the cup regardless of who would win; that's a different story.

I get the if you are there and they lose and could have had 6k you'd be kicking yourself. But I still wouldn't do it. You get a chance to go, you go. I said yesterday that the Pens have never had a chance to clinch at home. Series was 2-2 in 91, the swept in 92 and were down 3-2 going in game 6 in 09 and this is the first time they've been back since then. You don't know if you'll get this chance again.

BeyondKnight 06-09-2016 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16457290)

You can be like me and watch this over and over -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_bAjO7wVzA

jrkarger 06-09-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16457347)
I get the if you are there and they lose and could have had 6k you'd be kicking yourself. But I still wouldn't do it. You get a chance to go, you go. I said yesterday that the Pens have never had a chance to clinch at home. Series was 2-2 in 91, the swept in 92 and were down 3-2 going in game 6 in 09 and this is the first time they've been back since then. You don't know if you'll get this chance again.

That's the part that I am wrestling with. I guess at least for me, even with the possibility of being there and the game being at home, (and I hate to go here) it doesn't have the same feel as 08 and 09.

I was only 9 and 10 years old in 91 and 92 so those are just blurry memories. The runs in 08 and 09 were incredible. As special as this run has been it almost has a been there done that type feel.

Plus, in 08 and 09 there was a David and Goliath aspect and the desperation of being down 0-2 in both series.

I have marveled at the Pens domination, I just don't nearly feel the level of anxiety as I did then so the potential of being there this time around; I guess I don't have it enough to pass up $6K.

I had a similar feeling when the Steelers played in the Super Bowl after winning SBXL. Yeah it was fun but there is something about the first one that can't ever be topped.

I've heard Red Sox fans say the same thing about comparing '04 to '07 and '13.

jrkarger 06-09-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16457347)

That's the part that I am wrestling with. I guess at least for me, even with the possibility of being there and the game being at home, (and I hate to go here) it doesn't have the same feel as 08 and 09.

I was only 9 and 10 years old in 91 and 92 so those are just blurry memories. The runs in 08 and 09 were incredible. As special as this run has been it almost has a been there done that type feel.

Plus, in 08 and 09 there was a David and Goliath aspect and the desperation of being down 0-2 in both series.

I have marveled at the Pens domination, I just don't nearly feel the level of anxiety as I did then so the potential of being there this time around; I guess I don't have it enough to pass up $6K.

I had a similar feeling when the Steelers played in the Super Bowl after winning SBXL. Yeah it was fun but there is something about the first one that can't ever be topped.

BeyondKnight 06-09-2016 07:46 AM

A little something to get us ready (or to pass what seems to be a mountain of time!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_bAjO7wVzA

Dramageek 06-09-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16457381)

I felt that for a minute, but I got over it fast. As the last seven years have shown, you just never know when the next one will be, or if it ever will be. So don't waste any run like this thinking "Eh, I've done this before."

Ask our resident Blackhawks fans if they enjoyed last year any less than 2010.

Roose13 06-09-2016 08:20 AM

Praying for a miracle

Dramageek 06-09-2016 08:20 AM

Some yahoo on StubHub is trying to sell a ticket in Section 105 (a good seat no doubt) for $24,000.00! :lol

jrkarger 06-09-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457467)
I felt that for a minute, but I got over it fast. As the last seven years have shown, you just never know when the next one will be, or if it ever will be. So don't waste any run like this thinking "Eh, I've done this before."

I don't disagree with you at all. And that vid that Knight posted gave me goosebumps. Although, I stand by my comment that 08 and 09 the "something special" about 08 and 09 can't be compared to. There is just something about the first one.

Like I said, too, I don't think I'll ever feel again the jubilation that I did after SBXL or the 2009 Game 7. Those were as special as special can get.

Maybe I'll change my tune after tonight. Who knows.

Now if we are talking game 7 and I had a ticket, yeah I'm going no matter what.

DISCLAIMER: Everything I said about selling is hypothetical as I actually don't have a ticket to sell :lol

daveshookme 06-09-2016 08:49 AM

I PROBABLY won't get to Pittsburgh tonight. There's 0 seats open but I'm first in the standby list.

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16457541)
I PROBABLY won't get to Pittsburgh tonight. There's 0 seats open but I'm first in the standby list.

nooooooo :eek

daveshookme 06-09-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16457545)
nooooooo :eek

I'm in Boston now, I've got a connection in BWI and the flight out of there is booked to 145/145. I am first on standby, so if anybody doesn't show I'll make it, but if not I'll just have to turn around and go back home. Def buying that wifi to watch on the plane though.

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16457554)
I'm in Boston now, I've got a connection in BWI and the flight out of there is booked to 145/145. I am first on standby, so if anybody doesn't show I'll make it, but if not I'll just have to turn around and go back home. Def buying that wifi to watch on the plane though.

ugh that's shitty

hopefully someone drops out and you can make it here! keep us posted

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

What time do you get to BWI? You could always rent a car, its an easy drive

daveshookme 06-09-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457565)

I could, but that costs money. The flights are free, that's the only way I'm doing this :lol

Oh. And to see my sister too, I suppose.

But the cup....

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457565)

easy, yes, but still around 4 hours not to mention hitting rush hour in either or both cities

he'd have to get a rental car and be on the road by 2:00 at the latest to make it a comfortable arrival

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16457571)
I could, but that costs money. The flights are free, that's the only way I'm doing this :lol

But the cup....

:lol plus this

coldengrey12 06-09-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16457571)

But the cup....

Eh, you've seen her before, amirite? :lol

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16457381)
As special as this run has been it almost has a been there done that type feel.

I had that a little in 98 and 02 but it was more of a different feeling. 2008 though was another level. It had been 6 years and so many people had written the Wings off, especially after the lockout and having to deal with a cap. It was an in your face type thing for me for all the people saying they couldn't do it.
Quote:

Nothing tops the first one but yeah they are all great. The whole which of your kids is your favorite but they are all different and great in their own ways. Saying this while I have only one kid. Just looking at the Wings to finally get one in 97 after sucking for so long and then being good and not being able to win it all. 98 winning for it Vladdy. That team deserved that one and a chance to actually celebrate the victory. 2002 was a fucking all start team. That team so much fun to watch and then 2008 with a much different group than 6 years earlier and getting guys their first Cup and getting Ozzie another one after he was cast aside for Hasek back in 2001. All different but all great.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 16457585)
Eh, you've seen her before, amirite? :lol

She's my ride to Carson city, plus my parents gave me $50 for dinner for the two of us but only if I actually make it and we eat together :lol

So, I kinda have to see her.

Lcsulla 06-09-2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Yeah, seeing them win that cup in 2010 was amazing, did not matter to me that they were on the road, ditto with 2013. Still, 2015 was even more amazing to see them win it at home, in their red kits with a friendly crowd!

We all know how tough it is to get to a cup final, let alone win one at home or on the road. Hell before last year the previous time Chicago had won the cup at home was 1938 and they were such underdogs vs the Maple Leafs that the league didn't even have the cup in the city to present after the game. :lol

dmbetc 06-09-2016 10:04 AM

I feel like daveshookme is on the Amazing Race.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16457751)
I feel like daveshookme is on the Amazing Race.

:lol :lol kinda. except there's no game 5 tix waiting for me when I land in PIT :( :lorraine

I just hope I don't have to try and watch the cup come out from a plane tonight.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 10:11 AM

I saw Colby Armstrong at lunch today. That's a good omen, right?! :lol

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457771)
I saw Colby Armstrong at lunch today. That's a good omen, right?! :lol

hell yea....he's related to Stretch, right?

Dramageek 06-09-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16457774)
hell yea....he's related to Stretch, right?

Haha, yep!

daveshookme 06-09-2016 10:47 AM

Made it on the plane to BWI, I'll be there in an hour.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16457866)
Made it on the plane to BWI, I'll be there in an hour.

The entire city of Pittsburgh awaits. ;)

Seriously, though, it's a gorgeous day here. Safe travels and have fun!

daveshookme 06-09-2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457869)
The entire city of Pittsburgh awaits. ;)

Seriously, though, it's a gorgeous day here. Safe travels and have fun!

I should specify. I'll be in Baltimore in an hour. Pittsburgh is still a high maybe.

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16457871)
I should specify. I'll be in Baltimore in an hour. Pittsburgh is still a high maybe.

Were you planning on staying the weekend? You should come regardless, if they win, its going to be a party all weekend.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 10:57 AM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457889)
Were you planning on staying the weekend? You should come regardless, if they win, its going to be a party all weekend.

No I go back home tmr. Gotta work at like 530p.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 11:01 AM

So I had plans to watch the game at my best friends' places, but they informed me they are both sick. I'm scrambling for a backup plan. Suggestions?

dmbetc 06-09-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457909)
So I had plans to watch the game at my best friends' places, but they informed me they are both sick. I'm scrambling for a backup plan. Suggestions?

Why not a local bar? Next best thing to being at the game. Surround yourself with other fans and (hopefully) go nuts!

Dramageek 06-09-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16457915)
Why not a local bar? Next best thing to being at the game. Surround yourself with other fans and (hopefully) go nuts!

:thumbsup I'm leaning in that direction.

BeyondKnight 06-09-2016 11:10 AM

Tell me this is not one of the most ridiculous things ever -

Ticket & Price Details
TYPE Resale Ticket
TICKET PRICE $6,667.00 x 2
SERVICE FEE $1,100.06 x 2
SUBTOTAL $15,534.12
Prices are in US$

200 LEVEL, PENGUINS ATTACK TWICE GOAL, GOAL ZONE SEATS

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16457909)

I have to watch it at home. Too many fans who think they know shit when they don't when I'm out anywhere.

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16457929)

Ticket & Price Details
TYPE Resale Ticket
SUBTOTAL $15,534.12
Prices are in US$

$2200 in fees? :lol :lol

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16457929)

Ticket & Price Details
TYPE Resale Ticket
SUBTOTAL $15,534.12
Prices are in US$

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457958)

On pace with Ticketmaster.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:24 AM

So we returned to the gate in BOS. THIS ISNT GOOD.

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16457946)
I have to watch it at home. Too many fans who think they know shit when they don't when I'm out anywhere.

Yeah thats the worst. Really puts a damper on watching a game too. The worst is people doing it while youre at sporting events. Hockey seems to draw the worst of it around here though. Much worse than football or baseball.

That reminds me of Paul Zeise (other pittsburghers will know him as a radio host on the fan). The guy mainly does CFB and CBB and is generally terrible on the radio. But for some reason starting 2 years ago 93.7 The Fan (pittsburgh talk radio- Pirates flagship) allowed him to start doing Penguins post-game.

I kid you not, my friend was at a Pens game 2 years back sitting 2 seats over from this guy, and he asked the person he was with what Icing was... and they were letting this guy do Penguins post game on the most popular sports talk radio station in Pgh. He's not on the Penguins flagship, they actually know what theyre doing. Other than firing Bob Grove. Any other yinzers in here know why they canned him after last season?

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457970)
Yeah thats the worst. Really puts a damper on watching a game too. The worst is people doing it while youre at sporting events. Hockey seems to draw the worst of it around here though. Much worse than football or baseball.

That reminds me of Paul Zeise (other pittsburghers will know him as a radio host on the fan). The guy mainly does CFB and CBB and is generally terrible on the radio. But for some reason starting 2 years ago 93.7 The Fan (pittsburgh talk radio- Pirates flagship) allowed him to start doing Penguins post-game.

I kid you not, my friend was at a Pens game 2 years back sitting 2 seats over from this guy, and he asked the person he was with what Icing was... and they were letting this guy do Penguins post game on the most popular sports talk radio station in Pgh. He's not on the Penguins flagship, they actually know what theyre doing. Other than firing Bob Grove. Any other yinzers in here know why they canned him after last season?

Well that's pretty bad. At games I always seem to sit in front of guys who have the urge to talk the whole game and act like they know stuff. One game was a guy saying The Joe wasn't that old and probably only 15 years ago....or 35 but whatever. Another one was a lady kept yelling shoot it when the player didn't have a lane to do it and would have just been blocked. Then one guy in March saying why don't they just build the new arena here. Smart idea? So where would they play for 3-5 years it would take to tear down JLA and build the new place?

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16457980)
Well that's pretty bad. At games I always seem to sit in front of guys who have the urge to talk the whole game and act like they know stuff. One game was a guy saying The Joe wasn't that old and probably only 15 years ago....or 35 but whatever. Another one was a lady kept yelling shoot it when the player didn't have a lane to do it and would have just been blocked. Then one guy in March saying why don't they just build the new arena here. Smart idea? So where would they play for 3-5 years it would take to tear down JLA and build the new place?

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT

Basically all of CEC during a Pens Powerplay or sustained possession. Its horrible.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

The "SHOOT IT" assholes are the worst.

kev87lads 06-09-2016 11:37 AM

Not sure if we posted this one yet. Another good one from a guy we all hated (sports hated) on from time to time. I know he did one a while back too. Video is good too.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dan...ador-2016-6-8/

jrkarger 06-09-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

We should make a "Stupid Things Heard at Sporting Events Thread" :lol

Anyway, serious question...

Say they wanted to build on the JLA site could they have played at the Palace while it was being built?

How far away is the new place?

BeyondKnight 06-09-2016 11:41 AM

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...-for-penguins/

I do love this city...

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457998)
SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT

Basically all of CEC during a Pens Powerplay or sustained possession. Its horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16458000)

There are times where I just want to say "shoot the fucking puck" but yeah the people who say it all the time and at dumb times I don't get. Mine are at times when a guy who is struggling thinks "I'm gonna pass up this wide open shot" No douche, shoot it.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16458015)
There are times where I just want to say "shoot the fucking puck" but yeah the people who say it all the time and at dumb times I don't get. Mine are at times when a guy who is struggling thinks "I'm gonna pass up this wide open shot" No douche, shoot it.

Sure I mean at times it's appropriate. Down by 2 on a 2 man advantage late in the third? Absolutely, take every god damn shot you can rifle off then look for the block. But middle of the first, even strength, just coming into the zone? Nope. Big bag of nope.

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16458015)

Yeah clearly there are times when its appropriate. 90% of the morons in the stands who yell it cant understand what a shooting lane is and just yell it because Malkin has the puck, nevermind the 3 bodies directly between him and the net.

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16458004)
We should make a "Stupid Things Heard at Sporting Events Thread" :lol

Anyway, serious question...

Say they wanted to build on the JLA site could they have played at the Palace while it was being built?

How far away is the new place?

I bet they would have played at The Palace but Illitch wasn't gonna make fans drive out to Auburn Hills for a few years. The last lease with the city for The Joe was up a few years ago, before the new place was approved, and The Palace was floated out there and they even toured it I think but it was the Pens talking with KC type thing, just within the state, to get a good short term lease from the city.

The new arena is about 1.5 miles from Joe Louis. It'll be so much better to be around everything else that is happening downtown.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:49 AM

The good news is my flight attendant is a smoke show. I could pass a good delay with her no problem.

BeyondKnight 06-09-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16458031)
The good news is my flight attendant is a smoke show. I could pass a good delay with her no problem.

Pics or GTFO.

Not really, but share the wealth man!

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:51 AM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16458035)
Pics or GTFO.

I mean she's not Kate upton but she'd be a great catch. I'll try to get a pic later :lol

Lcsulla 06-09-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

In 2010 I was on a cruise for games 4, 5 and 6 of the finals so I got to watch the Hawks beat the Flyers in OT to win the cup up on deck on a 60' plasma screen. Admittedly I had to give some crew member like 20 bucks to change the channel from whatever they were showing. Oddly enough once it went to OT and word spread around that the cup may come out a lot of casual fans, fans of other teams and people who just wanted to have fun were up on deck with us. Helluva fun way to watch your team win - huge screen, bunch of fun people. ocean breeze hitting you, 2 overflowing bar areas and a beautiful weather in the gulf of Mexico! When Kane ended it I bought drinks for about 10-15 people who had been there near us since the beginning of the game.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:52 AM

Okay, Capt. got the clearance from maintenance that were good to go. Just waiting on the doors to close and I'll be in the air en route to BWI.

BeyondKnight 06-09-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16458042)
Okay, Capt. got the clearance from maintenance that were good to go. Just waiting on the doors to close and I'll be in the air en route to BWI.

Godspeed good sir.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16458039)
In 2010 I was on a cruise for games 4, 5 and 6 of the finals so I got to watch the Hawks beat the Flyers in OT to win the cup up on deck on a 60' plasma screen. Admittedly I had to give some crew member like 20 bucks to change the channel from whatever they were showing. Oddly enough once it went to OT and word spread around that the cup may come out a lot of casual fans, fans of other teams and people who just wanted to have fun were up on deck with us. Helluva fun way to watch your team win - huge screen, bunch of fun people. ocean breeze hitting you, 2 overflowing bar areas and a beautiful weather in the gulf of Mexico! When Kane ended it I bought drinks for about 10-15 people who had been there near us since the beginning of the game.

Yeah a few years back (I wanna say 2014?) there was a terrible storm rolling through Albany and I was at the bar with friends watching the eventual final game when the storm cut the satellite feed with about 4 minutes left in the third with the score tied. I ran through the torrential downpour to try and find a bar with the game on and service and we ended up drenched soaking and dripping at a wine bar. We definitely didn't fit in but we didn't give one fuck :lol

We made it back to our bar for OT and the eventual winner though.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16458000)

Yes they are!

One of my favorites ever was from a Pens game I went to years ago, like the late 1990's. This guy behind us just kept yelling "WHACK HIM!!" every 10 seconds or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16458035)
Pics or GTFO.

This.

Lcsulla 06-09-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16458046)
Yeah a few years back (I wanna say 2014?) there was a terrible storm rolling through Albany and I was at the bar with friends watching the eventual final game when the storm cut the satellite feed with about 4 minutes left in the third with the score tied. I ran through the torrential downpour to try and find a bar with the game on and service and we ended up drenched soaking and dripping at a wine bar. We definitely didn't fit in but we didn't give one fuck :lol

We made it back to our bar for OT and the eventual winner though.

Would have done the exact same thing and would not have cared at all why kind of place it was or how I was dressed compared to other customers - usually I try to dress similarly to the crowd at a given establishment. What really bugs me is when I go to a bar during the stanley cup playoffs and they have 7 TV's tuned to the same F-ing NBA game and I have to practically choke the waiter to get one TV switched over to the NHL game.

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16457958)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16457966)
On pace with Ticketmaster.

:lol:lol

and yea Paul Zeise is the absolutel worst

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 01:16 PM

If Pens win, Conn Smythe....

I see the argument for Crosby even though he hasn't been lighting it up or anything. I gotta go Murray. He was put with a near impossible task in front of him and yet here he is. Was replaced when he shouldn't have been and still came back the game after and won, and then won the series.

fonzz41 06-09-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16458204)
If Pens win, Conn Smythe....

I see the argument for Crosby even though he hasn't been lighting it up or anything. I gotta go Murray. He was put with a near impossible task in front of him and yet here he is. Was replaced when he shouldn't have been and still came back the game after and won, and then won the series.

Conn Smythe could go equally to Crosby, Kessel, or Murray. Give it to either one and it's well deserved.

Like I said before, if they were to give an MVP for JUST the Finals, I'd give it to Ben Lovejoy in a heartbeat. That guy just potentially dramatically increased his UFA value by at least $1-2 million.

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16458235)
Conn Smythe could go equally to Crosby, Kessel, or Murray. Give it to either one and it's well deserved.

Like I said before, if they were to give an MVP for JUST the Finals, I'd give it to Ben Lovejoy in a heartbeat. That guy just potentially dramatically increased his UFA value by at least $1-2 million.

I think odds are highest it goes to Crosby as more of a lifetime achievement. Media wont vote for Kessel and I just dont see it going to Murray.

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 01:49 PM

only way Kessel gets the votes is if he blows up tonight

otherwise it's Crosby, Murray or an outside chance for Letang

fonzz41 06-09-2016 01:53 PM

To be clear, I was talking about who I thought SHOULD get the Conn Smyth, not necessarily who WILL.

TheLastPig 06-09-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16458250)
only way Kessel gets the votes is if he blows up tonight

otherwise it's Crosby, Murray or an outside chance for Letang

God, how fucking great has that guy been during this playoff run? And hasnt really gotten any recognition for it outside of the last couple games from the NBC crew.

Wearing his jersey right now :evil

hailtopitt 06-09-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16458259)
To be clear, I was talking about who I thought SHOULD get the Conn Smyth, not necessarily who WILL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16458264)
God, how fucking great has that guy been during this playoff run? And hasnt really gotten any recognition for it outside of the last couple games from the NBC crew.

:thumbsup:thumbsup to both posts

daveshookme 06-09-2016 02:20 PM

Well. I'm in Baltimore. Not making it tonight.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 02:23 PM

So I am going to be insane and meet a couple friends down by Mario's TV. It's already bedlam down there. Wish me luck!

Lcsulla 06-09-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16458264)

Yeah, he has been a rock on D and rushes for you guys, he would likely get my vote if they win. Problem is he has two things working against him (well 3 if you count the fact that they still haven't won the cup) - he takes dumb penalties and had that suspension plus Keith won it last year so they likely go with an offensive guy or a goalie this year - even if it seems silly to all of us here.

That said I hope the Sharks push this thing to 7 so my Hawks are still champs for another week or so! :lol

daveshookme 06-09-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16458296)
Yeah, he has been a rock on D and rushes for you guys, he would likely get my vote if they win. Problem is he has two things working against him (well 3 if you count the fact that they still haven't won the cup) - he takes dumb penalties and had that suspension plus Keith won it last year so they likely go with an offensive guy or a goalie this year - even if it seems silly to all of us here.

That said I hope the Sharks push this thing to 7 so my Hawks are still champs for another week or so! :lol

Hey, if they push it to 7 I'll try to get back down to pitt next Wednesday! :bounce

daveshookme 06-09-2016 03:33 PM

I'm on the plane back to Albany, will land right around 8 so I shouldn't miss much of the game at least by the time I get to the bar back at home :/

Dramageek 06-09-2016 03:47 PM

Sheer bedlam down here! I'm trying to upload photos, but it's not working.

dmbetc 06-09-2016 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16458382)
Sheer bedlam down here! I'm trying to upload photos, but it's not working.

:lol are you here?

https://twitter.com/nhl/status/741039909918670848

daveshookme 06-09-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458392)

This is it. This is the picture that will piss me off if they win tonight. I'm so close, yet so far.

barbogast 06-09-2016 04:07 PM

Oh the Pennguins play for the Cup tonight, huh? Color me disinterested. Go Western conference

dmbetc 06-09-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16458393)
This is it. This is the picture that will piss me off if they win tonight. I'm so close, yet so far.

Since when are you a Penns fan?

Dramageek 06-09-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458392)

I'm in there somewhere!! :lol

dmbetc 06-09-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16458434)
I'm in there somewhere!! :lol

Awesome man!! Have fun!

cpxc. 06-09-2016 04:43 PM

Let's Go Pens! sucks I can't be there tonight

Dramageek 06-09-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458438)
Awesome man!! Have fun!

This is wild! I love it!

daveshookme 06-09-2016 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16458433)
Since when are you a Penns fan?

I'm not at all but shit it'd be fun to be down there!

RJ2kWJ 06-09-2016 05:24 PM

Well that was quick.

Dramageek 06-09-2016 05:29 PM

That quieted the crowd down here! :lol

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 05:31 PM

What the fuck is going on?

Dramageek 06-09-2016 05:33 PM

Holy shit!!!!!!!

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 05:34 PM

Maybe we went back the 80s.

TMoore4075 06-09-2016 05:42 PM

Sharks should take a timeout.

dmbetc 06-09-2016 05:45 PM

Holy guacamole!

mr.MikeD 06-09-2016 05:45 PM

I can't believe Justin Shultz is on the verge of lifting the cup after a season of being a pylon in Edmonton

daveshookme 06-09-2016 05:58 PM

What is happening in this game?

daveshookme 06-09-2016 06:24 PM

The fucking bad has the game on ONE TV! And of course the jukebox is playing, not the game audio. Fuck

~Crashintome89~ 06-09-2016 06:43 PM

lmao this game.

daveshookme 06-09-2016 06:48 PM

The fucking bad has the game on ONE TV! And of course the jukebox is playing, not the game audio. Fuck