Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 10-07-2015 11:36 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16158675)
I'll trade Hossa for a center around his value

So this doesn't get lost on the last page.

UCFish 10-07-2015 11:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Auto Draft did better than all of my actual football drafts this year.

kev87lads 10-07-2015 01:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
MY team looks good. 100s across the board.

space_raven 10-07-2015 01:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16158713)
looking forward to spoiling Chicago's opener tonight.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

TMoore4075 10-07-2015 03:47 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Only glanced at my team but seems ok

lockman21 10-07-2015 03:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'll trade my entire team for someone else's entire team.

TMoore4075 10-07-2015 04:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Shit.... I need to set my roster. I'm out of the swing of things.

Have to say, I'm looking forward to Friday. The most excited I've been for a season opener in a while. Not that I think they have any better chance than in years past but excited for the new coach, goaltending competition, new players, depth and the debut of Larkin.

~Crashintome89~ 10-07-2015 05:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'm excited but not really excited for tomorrow.

God, I am so not excited.

barbogast 10-07-2015 06:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Just gave my team a real good look for the first time. It's not awesome but it's fine. Once again goaltending will likely be my weak spot, sans Varlamov having a good year

UCFish 10-07-2015 06:21 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Crosby and Seguin seems like a good 1-2 punch.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-07-2015 09:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
What line is Dano on? Did he just slide right into Saad's spot?

BotheLaneFan 10-07-2015 09:20 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Blackhawks using the greatest song ever for their promo video. All class. All class.

aeroshady 10-07-2015 09:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
God I missed this! Loving this game so far. These are two very good hockey teams! Let's go Rangers!

dmbetc 10-07-2015 10:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
What a great game of hockey so far. Really fun. Especially watching two guys get their first career goal.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 12:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Guys...hello?

ITS HOCKEY SEASON!!

lockman21 10-08-2015 12:31 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16159571)
What line is Dano on? Did he just slide right into Saad's spot?

He's in the AHL

rustysurf83 10-08-2015 12:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Hawks got fucked on a bullshit early whistle...

dmbetc 10-08-2015 12:39 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rustysurf83 (Post 16159806)
Hawks got fucked on a bullshit early whistle...

it happens to the best of them. those were some good looking teams out there though.

~Crashintome89~ 10-08-2015 01:43 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
umm Sarah, wtf was Dustin doing on the hit on Couture?

dmbetc 10-08-2015 01:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16159853)
umm Sarah, wtf was Dustin doing on the hit on Couture?

He's gonna have to sit in time out.

*queue brown is a dirty player posts*

fonzz41 10-08-2015 01:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16159571)
What line is Dano on? Did he just slide right into Saad's spot?

Ouch. Rub it in.

swordo84 10-08-2015 01:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Blue Jays play in the afternoon, then the Oilers at night. Going to be a great sports day for yours truly.

lockman21 10-08-2015 02:13 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16159858)
Ouch. Rub it in.

Not at all! I'm ok with it. Teuvo was down in the AHL last year, too. Hell, Saad played 31 games in Rockford when he was Dano's age.

Dano will be up on the NHL roster eventually. The Red Wings have been "seasoning" prospects for decades and have been called genius or smart for it, this is no different. The Hawks have been doing this with every prospect for the past decade (almost). It's a good thing.

Hawks notes real quick since I'm on my phone:

- Trevor Daley was AWFUL tonight.

- Panarin was great, but clearly needs to get adjusted to the North American game. Made some very KHL-ish moves sometimes. The talent is there, he just needs to learn that some of that shit doesn't fly here.

- Kane and Hossa were both really fucking good. Maybe this will be good for them and Toews to be forced into more offensively aggressive roles due to roster changes.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 02:32 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Well...at least I grabbed Jones in the draft. I miss that guy.

waterboy100 10-08-2015 03:08 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
So, Dustin Brown. Dirtiest player in the league or dirtiest player in the league...go.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 03:26 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Would be funny if Luccic and Brown get suspensions for head hits to the same player.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 03:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16159880)
So, Dustin Brown. Dirtiest player in the league or dirtiest player in the league...go.

:grimey:grimey

dmbetc 10-08-2015 03:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16159884)
Would be funny if Luccic and Brown get suspensions for head hits to the same player.

And by funny I mean :BANG :BANG

~Crashintome89~ 10-08-2015 03:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I mean I can see what Dustin is doing on the hit, but it baffles me that he leans in with his head.

unccrombie 10-08-2015 08:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16158713)
looking forward to spoiling Chicago's opener tonight.

called that one, easily

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 16159034)
:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

:thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16159660)
What a great game of hockey so far. Really fun. Especially watching two guys get their first career goal.

:thumbsup

Roose13 10-08-2015 09:39 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Happy Flyers Hockey Day!

kev87lads 10-08-2015 10:46 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sarah. Go tell Dustin that we here in the Antsmarching.org NHL Thread do not approve of his hit. He'll surely turn his game around then.

lockman21 10-08-2015 10:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
They REALLY hate Dustin Brown over at Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...logan_couture/

Dramageek 10-08-2015 11:00 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Now that the ultimately disappointing Pirates season is over, on to what I'm sure will be another ultimately disappointing Penguins season. :lol Go Pens!

hailtopitt 10-08-2015 11:03 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
i can't remember the last time i was this unenthused for a Penguins season

blah blah Kessel, blah blah talented blue line....yawn

Pens will win enough to get into the playoffs and get completely outclassed by someone in April...easiest season to predict in all of sports

unccrombie 10-08-2015 11:05 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16160042)
i can't remember the last time i was this unenthused for a Penguins season

blah blah Kessel, blah blah talented blue line....yawn

Pens will win enough to get into the playoffs and get completely outclassed by someone in April...easiest season to predict in all of sports

you sure it isn't the bills or browns in the NFL?

hailtopitt 10-08-2015 11:10 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16160046)
you sure it isn't the bills or browns in the NFL?

6 in one...

Rebecca De Mornay 10-08-2015 11:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16160046)
you sure it isn't the bills or browns in the NFL?

may i see you outside for a moment?

aeroshady 10-08-2015 11:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Feeling pretty good about the Rangers this year. I think if the team stays healthy there will be a good product on the ice every night! Can't ask for much more than that at this point in the season.

fonzz41 10-08-2015 11:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16159887)
I mean I can see what Dustin is doing on the hit, but it baffles me that he leans in with his head.

Yeah, this. He was just trying to stop him at the blue line, which is what he should do. I don't know if he thought Couture was going to try and get around him so he reacted kinda weird or something, but yeah it's really awkward how he goes in with his head when he could have pivoted and got him with the shoulder.

I don't think there will be additional discipline.

UCFish 10-08-2015 12:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16160164)
Feeling pretty good about the Rangers this year. I think if the team stays healthy there will be a good product on the ice every night! Can't ask for much more than that at this point in the season.

They looked good last night.

Alazais 10-08-2015 12:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Leafs lose game 1! Hurray! Only 81 more defeats to go for Auston Matthews! Since they are the Leafs I can almost guarantee they will fucking it up and win a bunch of games to ruin their chances. Dicks.

unccrombie 10-08-2015 01:18 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
i have a question regarding replay.

last night the refs didn't call the rangers offside on a play.
the hawks stole possession, broke out, and score on a 2v1.
could the rangers have challenged the offside call, causing an possible infraction, to prevent a goal scored by the Hawks?

dmbetc 10-08-2015 01:22 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16160024)
They REALLY hate Dustin Brown over at Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...logan_couture/

:lol yeah I read some of that thread last night. Haters gonna hate.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16160169)
Yeah, this. He was just trying to stop him at the blue line, which is what he should do. I don't know if he thought Couture was going to try and get around him so he reacted kinda weird or something, but yeah it's really awkward how he goes in with his head when he could have pivoted and got him with the shoulder.

I don't think there will be additional discipline.

It looks worse than it was, at least what it was intended. Not sure what he was doing but I'm guessing his aim was off and was trying for the shoulder, or as you said, thought Couture was going to move.

He is trying to have a statement year, he just needs to be a little smarter. Throwing out all homer bias aside; he is not a traditional dirty player. He plays the hard hitting game. He skirts the line and sometimes miscalculates. I admit he has gotten away with a few hits. Being the top hitter is going to raise some questionable hits. He gets under the skin of players, it is his role. It works on the opposing fans, too.

I think the thing that saves him time and time again is there was no intent there.

On the other hand, Luccic's hit on Couture last night may have better reason for a chit chat with player safety. Recieved a match penalty.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 01:31 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Some people were saying last night that Luccic did that to hopefully take some heat off of Brown's hit. I actually think it was someone on NBC Sports. :lol:lol No, that's Luccic being Luccic right there.

barbogast 10-08-2015 01:36 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16160341)
i have a question regarding replay.

last night the refs didn't call the rangers offside on a play.
the hawks stole possession, broke out, and score on a 2v1.
could the rangers have challenged the offside call, causing an possible infraction, to prevent a goal scored by the Hawks?

I don't think so. From what I understand, while offsides is challengeable, it can only be used to challenge the entry by the scoring team that comes directly before scoring the goal.

coldengrey12 10-08-2015 01:53 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 16160212)
Leafs lose game 1! Hurray! Only 81 more defeats to go for Auston Matthews! Since they are the Leafs I can almost guarantee they will fucking it up and win a bunch of games to ruin their chances. Dicks.

The Leafs really have a gift for turning even hopeful situations into a nice, tidy, stinky pile of poo. It's almost an art form at this point.

Lcsulla 10-08-2015 01:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16160341)
i have a question regarding replay.

last night the refs didn't call the rangers offside on a play.
the hawks stole possession, broke out, and score on a 2v1.
could the rangers have challenged the offside call, causing an possible infraction, to prevent a goal scored by the Hawks?

Hawks got screwed on something questionable too. Kane scored the tying goal with a minute left but it was called off because Lundqvist said he heard a whistle.....

dmbetc 10-08-2015 02:03 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16160423)
Hawks got screwed on something questionable too. Kane scored the tying goal with a minute left but it was called off because Lundqvist said he heard a whistle.....

It wasn't because Lundqvist thought heard a whistle..the ref blew the whistle because he lost sight of the puck.

unccrombie 10-08-2015 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16160431)
It wasn't because Lundqvist thought heard a whistle..the ref blew the whistle because he lost sight of the puck.

yeah, this

UCFish 10-08-2015 02:06 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Well he a dumb ref

dmbetc 10-08-2015 02:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
"losing sight of the puck" whistles are the worst.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 02:11 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...ory&soc_trk=tw

Rebecca De Mornay 10-08-2015 02:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16160392)
I don't think so. From what I understand, while offsides is challengeable, it can only be used to challenge the entry by the scoring team that comes directly before scoring the goal.

interesting.
i dont know the answer. i know that if the puck deflects up into the netting undetected they can go back and review that at the next stoppage no matter how long gameplay continues until then. and if the next stoppage is a goal they can take it off the board.

it happened in a CBJ Bruins game last year, the Bruins announcers were beside themselves that it didn't end up getting reviewed.

barbogast 10-08-2015 02:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16160448)
"losing sight of the puck" whistles are the worst.

Agreed. Really sucks for the Hawks in that instance, but we've all been there with our team.

barbogast 10-08-2015 02:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Also, for the record, I don't have much of a problem with the Dustin Brown incident last night. Looked like an awkward indecisive check to me, certainly nothing intentional or malicious.

barbogast 10-08-2015 02:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16160450)
interesting.
i dont know the answer. i know that if the puck deflects up into the netting undetected they can go back and review that at the next stoppage no matter how long gameplay continues until then. and if the next stoppage is a goal they can take it off the board.

it happened in a CBJ Bruins game last year, the Bruins announcers were beside themselves that it didn't end up getting reviewed.

Only situations where coach's challenge can be utilized are missed offsides that result in goals or goalie interference calls either way (negating a goal that is scored due to missed interference call or awarding of a goal that is disallowed due to incorrectly called interference)

salrx95 10-08-2015 04:05 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I was happy for Lundqvist that he was able to be in the building for a championship banner raised before his career is over.

It sounds like Halak won't be ready to start the season. Let the Thomas Greiss era begin. Ugh.

fonzz41 10-08-2015 04:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16160354)
It looks worse than it was, at least what it was intended. Not sure what he was doing but I'm guessing his aim was off and was trying for the shoulder, or as you said, thought Couture was going to move.

He is trying to have a statement year, he just needs to be a little smarter. Throwing out all homer bias aside; he is not a traditional dirty player. He plays the hard hitting game. He skirts the line and sometimes miscalculates. I admit he has gotten away with a few hits. Being the top hitter is going to raise some questionable hits. He gets under the skin of players, it is his role. It works on the opposing fans, too.

I think the thing that saves him time and time again is there was no intent there.

On the other hand, Luccic's hit on Couture last night may have better reason for a chit chat with player safety. Recieved a match penalty.

Yes, I certainly agree regarding the type of player Dustin is. There's a difference between "physical" and "dirty", and while the dividing line between the two can get blurry in some situations, I think it's clear that Dustin doesn't do it maliciously. It happened, thankfully Couture is all right, and we can all carry on.

And yeah, we really should be talking about Couture laying out Lucic. That was a text book hip check right there. Absolutely gorgeous. Low (but not too low), fairly stationary, and effectively separated opponent from the puck while not being dangerous.

Lucic's response? Like you said, Lucic being Lucic. :lol

Roose13 10-08-2015 09:27 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Solid first period for the Flyers

lockman21 10-08-2015 09:38 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16160341)
i have a question regarding replay.

last night the refs didn't call the rangers offside on a play.
the hawks stole possession, broke out, and score on a 2v1.
could the rangers have challenged the offside call, causing an possible infraction, to prevent a goal scored by the Hawks?

It was a ref waiving off icing, not offsides, and no, they couldn't have challenged that.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 09:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Backes won a face off then threw it in his own net during Oilers PP. :lol

aclark0622 10-08-2015 10:37 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Oof. Rough start to my hockey season.

Roose13 10-08-2015 11:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Holy crap 3-on-3 is the best thing ever

dmbetc 10-08-2015 11:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
3v3 is AWESOME! Flyers/Lighting game was so fun.

dmbetc 10-08-2015 11:13 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
:lol:lol in sync John! :eiffeltower

dmbetc 10-08-2015 11:28 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I think my favorite part of the beginning of the season is seeing kids get their first NHL goal.

Fabbri just netted one for the Blues.

Edited: gotta feel good when all the media is there to see McDavid, who hasn't done anything.

fonzz41 10-09-2015 12:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
There's the Avs I'm used to.

kev87lads 10-09-2015 12:41 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Happy Flyers got a point in debut. Holy crap that 3 on 3

dmbetc 10-09-2015 02:16 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16161228)
There's the Avs I'm used to.

Just saw the highlights, it was 4-1 in the 3rd last I had checked.

Sorry Matty.

salrx95 10-09-2015 08:29 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16161264)
Just saw the highlights, it was 4-1 in the 3rd last I had checked.

Sorry Matty.

Yeah, that had to be a tough way to open the season. Ouch.

AJF_41 10-09-2015 08:59 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16161296)
Yeah, that had to be a tough way to open the season. Ouch.

or an awesome way to start the year
thing of beauty
#grit

unccrombie 10-09-2015 09:20 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
hat trick to start the year?
wild

AJF_41 10-09-2015 09:23 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16161313)
hat trick to start the year?
wild

nice to see vanek get in there too
he was a ghost for the first 45 mins

unccrombie 10-09-2015 09:28 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJF_41 (Post 16161317)
nice to see vanek get in there too
he was a ghost for the first 45 mins

i do not know who that is

~Crashintome89~ 10-09-2015 09:45 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
I'll take a point against the Lightning every time.

Also, did you guys hear the "Let Me Clear My Throat" Sabres goal song? It's so awesome.

hailtopitt 10-09-2015 10:40 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
3-on-3 :lol

Lcsulla 10-09-2015 10:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16160431)
It wasn't because Lundqvist thought heard a whistle..the ref blew the whistle because he lost sight of the puck.

I know of that rule but was not aware that is why the goal was disallowed. I did not get to watch it in real time on TV, I only saw the video's and read the recaps. It is a silly rule that needs to be updated somehow to avoid these situations. Who is reffing these games Stevie Wonder? Seriously though, goalies included no player should ever stop their play until they are 100% POSITIVE the whistle came from an official - heck a fan can bring a whistle and cause all kinds of confusion so players need to keep at full pace until they are certain. Even Hank looked baffled and a bit - well similar to when Tom Brady had that idiotic tuck rule help him - sort of a 'Ummmmm ........yeah, suuuure. I heard a whistle' type interview about it. Not a huge deal because it was only the first game of the season but imagine if that call had cost a team a playoff series? Also, I have nothing bad to say about the Rangers, while I am a Hawks fan I do root for the rangers against anyone but the hawks.

Roose13 10-09-2015 10:55 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16161393)
3-on-3 :lol

You won't be laughing at it when you realize Crosby, Malkin, Letang make a pretty dirty trio when you reeeeaaaaaaalllllly need a goal.

aeroshady 10-09-2015 11:05 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16161296)
Yeah, that had to be a tough way to open the season. Ouch.

Hey, you ready for opening night at the Barclay's? Even as a Rangers fan I am pretty excited to see this!

hailtopitt 10-09-2015 11:09 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16161417)
You won't be laughing at it when you realize Crosby, Malkin, Letang make a pretty dirty trio when you reeeeaaaaaaalllllly need a goal.

i'm not saying i like it or i don't like it, but watching that TB-PHI OT was comical to say the least

it's going to take more than 1 viewing for me to make up my mind on it

aeroshady 10-09-2015 11:18 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16160452)
Agreed. Really sucks for the Hawks in that instance, but we've all been there with our team.

Pretty much this. I 100% agree that this is one thing that does actually evens out over the course of a season. All you can do is hope the timing doesn't suck. Game 1 of the season...no big deal. Game 7 SCF...FML

barbogast 10-09-2015 11:24 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16161434)
i'm not saying i like it or i don't like it, but watching that TB-PHI OT was comical to say the least

it's going to take more than 1 viewing for me to make up my mind on it

This was my initial reaction as well when I saw it in preseason game number 1. The nhl likely solved the shootout problem, but I believe the phrase I used before was cartoonish to describe how it looked. While I do like it better than the shootout alternative, and while I do concede that it's very entertaining to watch, it still very much feels gimmicky. Not really like "real hockey" at all.

hailtopitt 10-09-2015 11:53 AM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16161453)
This was my initial reaction as well when I saw it in preseason game number 1. The nhl likely solved the shootout problem, but I believe the phrase I used before was cartoonish to describe how it looked. While I do like it better than the shootout alternative, and while I do concede that it's very entertaining to watch, it still very much feels gimmicky. Not really like "real hockey" at all.

completely agree :thumbsup

barbogast 10-09-2015 12:12 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16161329)
Also, did you guys hear the "Let Me Clear My Throat" Sabres goal song? It's so awesome.

Holy mother of God. Go see it. If you haven't yet, do it now. It's amazing.

Sorry Hawks fans, the Sabres just took over the title of best goal song in the NHL. And quite frankly, it's not even close.

Sportsnet link containing Eichel's first career goal, the ageless wonder Rick Jeanneret's call, and the debut of the best goal song to ever grace the hockey world: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...first-awesome/

lockman21 10-09-2015 12:14 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Now that Torres is essentially out of the league, Lucic is my #1 most hated player in the NHL.

That guy sucks.

You know those players you hate unless they're on your team, then you love them (looking at you Andrew Shaw, Corey Perry, etc.)? Lucic isn't that. He's just a fucking asshole.

unccrombie 10-09-2015 12:19 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16161505)
Holy mother of God. Go see it. If you haven't yet, do it now. It's amazing.

Sorry Hawks fans, the Sabres just took over the title of best goal song in the NHL. And quite frankly, it's not even close.

Sportsnet link containing Eichel's first career goal, the ageless wonder Rick Jeanneret's call, and the debut of the best goal song to ever grace the hockey world: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...first-awesome/

i'm actually not a fan of the goal song
love the crowd for it though

barbogast 10-09-2015 12:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16161506)
Now that Torres is essentially out of the league, Lucic is my #1 most hated player in the NHL.

That guy sucks.

You know those players you hate unless they're on your team, then you love them (looking at you Andrew Shaw, Corey Perry, etc.)? Lucic isn't that. He's just a fucking asshole.

Totally agree about Lucic. Dude sucks all the way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16161511)
i'm actually not a fan of the goal song
love the crowd for it though

Zero fun from the Rangers fan. No surprise there ;)

AJF_41 10-09-2015 12:29 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16161434)
it's going to take more than 1 viewing for me to make up my mind on it

reminds me of #DC2014

unccrombie 10-09-2015 12:41 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16161523)
Totally agree about Lucic. Dude sucks all the way around.



Zero fun from the Rangers fan. No surprise there ;)

:lol

for one, the here we go now repeats too many times.
I think it's going to get old, quick

dmbetc 10-09-2015 12:44 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16161506)
Now that Torres is essentially out of the league, Lucic is my #1 most hated player in the NHL.

That guy sucks.

You know those players you hate unless they're on your team, then you love them (looking at you Andrew Shaw, Corey Perry, etc.)? Lucic isn't that. He's just a fucking asshole.

:thumbsup i have always disliked him. I believe I even expressed that in here, him or Marchand. And someone send "you'd love him if he were on your team!"

Not the case. He is a douchebag goon. Hope he is gone after one year.

Funny story: during the first preseason game I ran into Nicole (Dustins wife) out in the concourse and she was with Lucic's wife and Enroth's girlfriend. Of course I was super nice, welcomed them both to LA, etc.

Nicole obviously showing them around, impressing them, which isn't out of the ordinary but I wanted to tell them to pack their bags and get out.

hailtopitt 10-09-2015 12:45 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJF_41 (Post 16161526)
reminds me of #DC2014

:lol:lol

as for the Sabres goal song, GREAT idea, horrible execution

they could've made it much better by not repeating "here we go now" 18 times

if they just played the song it would be awesome

unccrombie 10-09-2015 12:49 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16161539)
:lol:lol

as for the Sabres goal song, GREAT idea, horrible execution

they could've made it much better by not repeating "here we go now" 18 times

if they just played the song it would be awesome

similar sentiments shared
classic sabres execution

Lcsulla 10-09-2015 12:50 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16161417)
You won't be laughing at it when you realize Crosby, Malkin, Letang make a pretty dirty trio when you reeeeaaaaaaalllllly need a goal.

I will take Toews, Kane and Teravainen up top with Keith and Seabrook playing D plus Crawford in the net any of the week over that combo!

salrx95 10-09-2015 12:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16161430)
Hey, you ready for opening night at the Barclay's? Even as a Rangers fan I am pretty excited to see this!

I'd be more excited if Greiss wasn't in the nets. Sounds like Halak won't play until at least next week.

Hoping for a 4-3 win. We have the offense to do it. We need to win the special teams tonight. Our special teams seem to be a source of concern again this year.

hailtopitt 10-09-2015 12:51 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16161543)
I will take Toews, Kane and Teravainen up top with Keith and Seabrook playing D plus Grawford in the net any of the week over that combo!

well of course, because you would have 5 players compared to 3

dmbetc 10-09-2015 12:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16161401)
Not a huge deal because it was only the first game of the season but imagine if that call had cost a team a playoff series? Also, I have nothing bad to say about the Rangers, while I am a Hawks fan I do root for the rangers against anyone but the hawks.

Like this? And I'm sure there is more, I know there have been plenty called of goals from the playoffs just not sure of any other series ending ones.

http://scoutingtherefs.com/2015/04/8...me-tying-goal/

It happens, all of our teams have been there. It sucks.

dmbetc 10-09-2015 12:55 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16161546)
well of course, because you would have 5 players compared to 3

:lol:lol

dmbetc 10-09-2015 12:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
Sabres goal song is sweet, but can see it getting annoying. Good thing they won't hear it much.

hailtopitt 10-09-2015 01:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread
 
i want the Pens goal song to be The Whisper Song

pretty much any situation in sports that calls for music, i want it to be The Whisper Song


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.