Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 12:54 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946472)
0-4 in game 7 when blowing 3-1 leads right? And what is it in game 7's? 4-12 or something? Amazing.

I think the 4-12 you're thinking of may be in clinching games during the Ovechkin era. Since Ovi's been on the team, they've played 16 games when they'd already won 3 in a series, and they've won exactly 4 of them.

aeroshady 05-12-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946477)
Definitely 0-4 after blowing 3-1 leads. Pretty sure you're right about the game 7 record overall but I'm not positive. It's something painful like that

Actually it's definitely only 4 game 7 wins for sure. I can think of them all (88 vs Flyers, 09 vs Rangers, 12 vs Bruins, 15 vs Islanders). So fun!!!!!!!

It is amazing how we are coming from totally different places for game 7 tomorrow. I am just thrilled to have a game 7. Even if we don't win tomorrow I can wear my Rangers shirt proud this summer. I want to win it badly, but coming back from 3-1 to force a game seven two years in a row is huge!

Where as for the Caps, this is yet another defining moment. The fan base needs this game tomorrow and the teams legacy under Ovi is on the line. Definitely more pressure on the Caps and their fans.

Can't wait to see how it plays out!!

UCFish 05-12-2015 12:55 PM

I guess Kanye is at the Honda Center on Saturday as well and the stage setup might me so elaborate that they were not able to do Friday.

aeroshady 05-12-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946490)
You were pretty much the exception I was speaking of :lol

I still hold zero faith the Caps come good though. I think you'll be enjoying tomorrow night much more than me.

Oh no doubt, I will be in the edge of my seat, but the pressure is far worse for you guys as my post above talks about.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 12:58 PM

Looks like Josh Harding is going to retire. Really too bad, he's been such an inspirational story these past few seasons.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946499)
I think the 4-12 you're thinking of may be in clinching games during the Ovechkin era. Since Ovi's been on the team, they've played 16 games when they'd already won 3 in a series, and they've won exactly 4 of them.

Yeah that's it. Even more amazing actually. I know people will put this on him but this is also just the history of this team. Lions fired a coach 1.5 years ago for doing something they've been doing for 50 years. It's just...what...they...do.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 01:02 PM

Oh good. Sean McIndoe (aka Down Goes Brown) wrote a whole article on Capitals playoff collapses. This should be a fun read.

barbogast 05-12-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946499)

Did I miss any game 7 victories? Pretty sure they've only won 4 of them

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15946501)
It is amazing how we are coming from totally different places for game 7 tomorrow. I am just thrilled to have a game 7. Even if we don't win tomorrow I can wear my Rangers shirt proud this summer. I want to win it badly, but coming back from 3-1 to force a game seven two years in a row is huge!

Where as for the Caps, this is yet another defining moment. The fan base needs this game tomorrow and the teams legacy under Ovi is on the line. Definitely more pressure on the Caps and their fans.

Can't wait to see how it plays out!!

Yeah I mean, I don't think if the Caps lose tomorrow then it's a sure thing that Ovechkin's Caps will never have success. However, there's a couple important factors to consider. One: this past offseason, Leonsis (who I dislike for many reasons) actually ponied up and fixed most of the issues the Caps have been having. Got rid of McPhee (great move), brought in a new GM who wants to play defensive hockey (smart move), that GM then brought in real solutions to the D problem, and they brought in a legit head coach with a substantial bit of experience. And yet here we are again. Game 7 on the road after being up 3-1 in round 2. The other thing is Ovie's guarantee. Again, he can't just say "yeah we're gonna lose, don't bother" but when he swings around confidence like that I think it could bite him in the ass. I think this group badly needs to get over the hump this time because considering everything in this long winded post, it's time to get it done. I think the mental stability of this group is on the line big time this time. I mean how many more problems can be addressed with the end result being the same? I just feel like if they drop this one again, it's gonna be really hard to shake off in years to come.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946524)
Did I miss any game 7 victories? Pretty sure they've only won 4 of them.

You're probably right. I haven't looked it up. But I also don't know how many they've lost. It's possible that's 4-12 too.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 01:18 PM

With the way the Wizards and Nationals have been playing lately, maybe the Capitals need to assign someone #34 to be the hero.

barbogast 05-12-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946541)
With the way the Wizards and Nationals have been playing lately, maybe the Capitals need to assign someone #34 to be the hero.

Can you name the Caps most recent #34? Hint: it's more recent than you might think

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946544)
Can you name the Caps most recent #34? Hint: it's more recent than you might think

Well this is a new site that I can have fun with...but looking on here, no one important.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv....cgi?number=34

Dramageek 05-12-2015 01:42 PM

Not for Caps fans:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...als-collapses/

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946544)

Oh god, forgot about him.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15946599)

Not even a Caps fan and that was depressing.

barbogast 05-12-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946590)
Well this is a new site that I can have fun with...but looking on here, no one important.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv....cgi?number=34

Yep, no one important at all. His tenure was brief too. That's why I was wondering if Bobalew remembered him also.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946669)
Yep, no one important at all. His tenure was brief too. That's why I was wondering if Bobalew remembered him also.

I needed to look it up to see who it was. I remember him. Didn't remember that he wore 34.

barbogast 05-12-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946673)
I needed to look it up to see who it was. I remember him. Didn't remember that he wore 34.

The only reason I do is the DMB connection honestly :lol

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946675)
The only reason I do is the DMB connection honestly :lol

That's the only reason I remember Jaro Halak's number.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 02:06 PM

how come a bunch of life long CBJ fans didn't come out of the woodwork when they were in the playoffs last year?

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 02:07 PM

don't mean to melt, just a little jealous of barbs new friends.

kev87lads 05-12-2015 02:08 PM

When's Babcock going to rule out the Flyers so we can get on with our search????

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15946685)
don't mean to melt, just a little jealous of barbs new friends.

:lol:lol:lol

That's my way on Ants. I tend to only pop up in the tour forum in the 2 months leading up to my first show, and then I disappear after my last show. For some reason, I'd never discovered the NHL thread in the past. If I had, I'd have been in here way sooner.

If(when) the Caps lose tomorrow, I'll probably disappear for a while, but I expect I'll be back before the end of the playoffs. My time here will not end when the Caps season does.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15946689)
When's Babcock going to rule out the Flyers so we can get on with our search????

I bet a week to 10 days we'll know. I just don't see why he'd want to deal with Snyder there. TO is...well...TO. I think it's Edmonton, Buffalo or Detroit. Friedman made it sound like Edmonton was moving towards McLellan cause they didn't want to miss out on Babs and then on him. I'd hate for him to be in the same division with the Sabres but they are a few years away so guess it wouldn't be the worst. Like I said before, just want it over.

GoingToCA91 05-12-2015 02:35 PM

New to this thread. But I'm a Blues fan. Great to see so much NHL chat here. Word on the street is that the Blues are keeping Hitchcock for another year. I thought for sure he'd be gone if we didn't make it to the WCF, let alone lose in Game 6 of the First round again.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoingToCA91 (Post 15946758)
New to this thread. But I'm a Blues fan. Great to see so much NHL chat here. Word on the street is that the Blues are keeping Hitchcock for another year. I thought for sure he'd be gone if we didn't make it to the WCF, let alone lose in Game 6 of the First round again.

They should get rid of Hitch and hire Bylsma. And then Edmonton should hire Hitch if they can't get Babcock.

kev87lads 05-12-2015 02:44 PM

Hitch is a good coach. I don't think there's any denying that. And I know it's hard to win the Cup. But he hasn't won the thing (since 99) or been in the Finals since 2000. ( I don't think....) So maybe he needs some time away and teams shouldn't be so quick to hire him. Could be said for a lot of coaches I'm sure. But just mentioning him since new Blues guy brought it up.

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15946689)

I have a strong inkling that he's coming to Philly.

GoingToCA91 05-12-2015 02:53 PM

No doubt Hitch is good. The Blues are a great regular season team.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 02:59 PM

I would have thought a quiet talking to Babcock behind the scenes and see for the Blues. That would be the team I'd want to coach. Would remind of me Scotty Bowman taking over a good regular season Red Wings team and taking them to the next level.

Dramageek 05-12-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946657)
Not even a Caps fan and that was depressing.

Eh, brought back some good memories for me. ;)

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946679)
That's the only reason I remember Jaro Halak's number.

Remember Mike Eagles? 99% sure he was the last Cap to wear #36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15946682)
how come a bunch of life long CBJ fans didn't come out of the woodwork when they were in the playoffs last year?

Hey at least you can have comfort with the knowledge that this whole theead's second favorite team is the #jackets :hug

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946700)
:lol:lol:lol

That's my way on Ants. I tend to only pop up in the tour forum in the 2 months leading up to my first show, and then I disappear after my last show. For some reason, I'd never discovered the NHL thread in the past. If I had, I'd have been in here way sooner.

If(when) the Caps lose tomorrow, I'll probably disappear for a while, but I expect I'll be back before the end of the playoffs. My time here will not end when the Caps season does.

You should stick around bud. You've been a solid addition :thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoingToCA91 (Post 15946758)

I don't necessarily think Hitch is the problem in St Louis, but inevitably teams shake things up and usually the coach is the first to go.

I agree with Tim, I think Babcock could take them where they wanna go. Still, they're in the Central, and as you surely know, life in the Central is incredibly difficult.

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15946832)
Eh, brought back some good memories for me. ;)

You stop

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946853)
Remember Mike Eagles? 99% sure he was the last Cap to wear #36

Kundratek. And he wears #34 with the Bears.

And hey, at least we've got #27 covered ;)

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 03:24 PM

had to paraphrase just a tad but this new sig feels pretty dope.

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15946869)
had to paraphrase just a tad but this new sig feels pretty dope.

:lol :lol I misspelled thread

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 03:28 PM

:lol damn i didn't even notice that.
oh well, makes it feel authentic.

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946868)
Kundratek. And he wears #34 with the Bears.

And hey, at least we've got #27 covered ;)

Didn't Jamie Heward wear 36 too? Good lord now we're really reaching deep

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15946880)
:lol damn i didn't even notice that.
oh well, makes it feel authentic.

:lol :lol

space_raven 05-12-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946853)

Hey at least you can have comfort with the knowledge that this whole theead's second favorite team is the #jackets :hug

OMG!!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol THEEAD'S!!!!! This guy!!!!

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:34 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol good one Space Raven!!!!!!!!!!@!!!@!

space_raven 05-12-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946898)
:lol :lol :lol :lol good one Space Raven!!!!!!!!!!@!!!@!

Karma, dude. Karma.

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:36 PM

I can't wait until the Rangers are out and you go away

UCFish 05-12-2015 03:36 PM

I second that.

space_raven 05-12-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946906)
I can't wait until the Rangers are out and you go away

Coming from the Caps fan who thinks the Caps will lose. :thumbsup

IF the Rangers lose, I'll stick around, just to root against the Caps.

space_raven 05-12-2015 03:41 PM

And Barbs, just saying, you seem like the type of dude who can dish it out but can't take it... what's up with that? The internet isn't serious, remember?

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946914)
Coming from the Caps fan who thinks the Caps will lose. :thumbsup

IF the Rangers lose, I'll stick around, just to root against the Caps.

Of course I think the Caps will lose. Why wouldn't I?

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946915)
And Barbs, just saying, you seem like the type of dude who can dish it out but can't take it... what's up with that? The internet isn't serious, remember?

I can absolutely take it. I can assure you, I am completely unrattled by your nonsense. I even liked you that first day when I was fucking with you. Then I realized it turns out you actually kinda suck.

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 03:45 PM

don't forget colin fuckin' forbes, guys.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946881)
Didn't Jamie Heward wear 36 too? Good lord now we're really reaching deep

My favorite Caps # was #11.

https://youtu.be/QkZVHY4QDdo?t=10

space_raven 05-12-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946921)
Of course I think the Caps will lose. Why wouldn't I?

I can absolutely take it. I can assure you, I am completely unrattled by your nonsense. I even liked you that first day when I was fucking with you. Then I realized it turns out you actually kinda suck.

I don't know??? I don't understand your whole schtick with the team you root for. Enough already.

That's good, remain unrattled. I post here a few times and I'm disliked, for doing the same stuff everyone else does in here, but I suck? Okay. :rolleyes

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:51 PM

It's great to know we're all in your head, spam haven

space_raven 05-12-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946940)
It's great to know we're all in your head, spam haven

Unrattled.

barbogast 05-12-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946937)
I don't know??? I don't understand your whole schtick with the team you root for. Enough already.

That's good, remain unrattled. I post here a few times and I'm disliked, for doing the same stuff everyone else does in here, but I suck? Okay. :rolleyes

You must be new to the NHL if you truly don't understand why I expect the Caps to lose tomorrow. Doesn't mean I want them to or am hoping they will at all

space_raven 05-12-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946945)
You must be new to the NHL if you truly don't understand why I expect the Caps to lose tomorrow. Doesn't mean I want them to or am hoping they will at all

Yes, yes, what is this N.H.L. you speak of?

Right, you just KNOW they will lose?

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 04:00 PM

crazy to think that just a few short weeks ago i was chatting favorite flicks with space raven in the thread.
didn't see his NHL career playing out this way.

space_raven 05-12-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15946955)
crazy to think that just a few short weeks ago i was chatting favorite flicks with space raven in the thread.
didn't see his NHL career playing out this way.

Most of these dudes are so uncool, they don't know how to have fun here, like how you have fun on the THEEAD.

barbogast 05-12-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946954)
Yes, yes, what is this N.H.L. you speak of?

Right, you just KNOW they will lose?

No, but I expect them to

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 04:04 PM

So hockey and The Flash tonight. That's a good night for me.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946959)
Most of these dudes are so uncool, they don't know how to have fun here, like how you have fun on the THEEAD.

love these dudes. some of the best dudes on ants.

barbogast 05-12-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946959)

And I'm the one that can't take it. I imagine you sitting behind your keyboard angrily pounding away shouting "FUCK THESE DOUCHEBAGS IN THE NHL THEEAD!!!!!!!"

space_raven 05-12-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946966)
No, but I expect them to

Good lawd, you are a Debbie Downer for sure. Going in circles here with ya Barbs....

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 04:12 PM

if I hear the term 'Debbie Downer' in this thread again, I'm going to lose my frickin' mind.

space_raven 05-12-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946971)
And I'm the one that can't take it. I imagine you sitting behind your keyboard angrily pounding away shouting "FUCK THESE DOUCHEBAGS IN THE NHL THEEAD!!!!!!!"

Never that.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 04:15 PM

We lost our one Devils fan a while ago but I thought this was interesting:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ma...any-time-soon/

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15946985)
if I hear the term 'Debbie Downer' in this thread again, I'm going to lose my frickin' mind.

:lol:lol

barbogast 05-12-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15947000)
We lost our one Devils fan a while ago but I thought this was interesting:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ma...any-time-soon/

Was literally just reading NHL.com's story about this. I guess it's not too surprising since Lamerello stepped down as GM but still. It almost feels like he's ready to be distanced from the Devils which is weird because there was such a good thing there. It didn't end on neccesarily the best terms but it never felt like things were on bad terms either, but after reading this story and remembering back to his press conference earlier this year when he joined the Blues, he seems like he doesn't want anything to do with New Jersey

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 04:27 PM

Yeah not totally surprised with Shero taking over there but still feels weird. No weirder than him playing for the Blues I guess.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 04:30 PM

it always felt to me like there was some bad blood there with the way he left.
like he was forced out in favor of Schneider

kind of similar to the favre rodgers situation.
unfortunately for the devils, schneider isn't rodgers yet.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15947030)

Brett could still play (shown by what he did in Minny). Marty...not so much.

mthawk07 05-12-2015 04:31 PM

Barb, Barb, Barb...Barb, Barb-o-gast.

This thread is awesome because of you, just wanted you to know that. :thumbsup

kev87lads 05-12-2015 04:48 PM

The hell? This thing falls off the tracks in spurts now...

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947067)

Seriously. I've noticed a theme though.

barbogast 05-12-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15947030)

This exactly. Marty didn't really seem thrilled to be basically shown the door. And why would he. I feel bad for the guy, but at the same time, like Tim said, he just couldn't play at the same level anymore. It's a tough situation to see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 15947036)
Barb, Barb, Barb...Barb, Barb-o-gast.

This thread is awesome because of you, just wanted you to know that. :thumbsup

:thumbsup I do my best

barbogast 05-12-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947067)

We desperately need Matty's awards to put it back together

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 05:06 PM

i don't want to spoil matty's awards...but i won all of them.

kev87lads 05-12-2015 05:06 PM

Pretty sure I'm going to win Lady Byng.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947108)
Pretty sure I'm going to win Lady Byng.

Dammit, I wanted that one so bad. Gentlemanly is such an underused adjective.

kev87lads 05-12-2015 05:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15261908)
For my 7,000th post, I think it's only fitting to hand out some first-ever annual Ants end of season awards. Lots of great nominees, but there can only be one recipient for each.

Calder: Rebecca de Mornay. Has made brief appearances in the past, but really had a strong rookie year showing this season.

Norris: Swordo. His team fell short of expectations, but Swordo was always back there, steadily defending to the end.

Vezina: ~crashintome89. Witty, clever posts stabilized the thread throughout the season and helped foster a consistent, light atmosphere.

Byng: Kev87Lads. Just a sweet guy.

Selke: Barbogast. Was frequently called upon to defend his ailing club, and did so with just the right mixture of honesty and pride

Adams: Lockman21. His knowledge of the game in general kept us on an even keel. Chris was also a strong Norris candidate due to his switch to D this year, something that has made me eternally proud of him.

Hart: TMoore. Lead the thread in posts for the year and was consistently great in all aspects of the game.

Great regular season, guys.

Last year's awards for the record.

kev87lads 05-12-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947117)
Dammit, I wanted that one so bad. Gentlemanly is such an underused adjective.

Can't win it with words like "dammit".

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947121)

:twak

/SirBobalew for anti-Byng!

kev87lads 05-12-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947126)
:twak

/SirBobalew for anti-Byng!

Don't worry. You hitting me now shouldn't matter. They SHOULD be regular season awards only. :lol

barbogast 05-12-2015 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15947121)

:lol :lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 05:21 PM

I assume Tim wins Jack Adams this year because of the 80 percent increase in posts dealing with Babcock alone.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 05:21 PM

I've always wondered how people's post counts get up so high sometimes. Now that I've spent some time in this thread, I get it. I expect mine to climb much faster in the near future than it has since I joined the site.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 05:23 PM

the norris is all but mine.

the jackets were eliminated from playoff contention for the last two weeks of the season and i still made them one of the most discussed teams during that span.
amazing effort, really.

barbogast 05-12-2015 05:26 PM

Quite honestly I'm hoping for the Hart this year

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:36 PM

All right, our 2015 NHL THEED awards!

Vezina: dembetc. We all get a little crazy in here, but Sarah's always back there to anchor us.

Adams: TMoore. This guy leads the post count by over 1,000 posts in here. Holy crap!!! But more importantly, always around to set us straight.

Selke: hailtopitt. Consistently attacking while still being called upon to defend. ;)

Richard: ~Crashintome89~. No one has scored more one-timed zingers in this thread this season than Matt.

Byng: For the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the ever pleasant Kev87Lads. Remember, the Byng is technically awarded to the nice guy who is also a GREAT player.

Norris: Rebecca De Mornay, for his consistent defense of his team, no matter what.

Calder: SirBobalew. He's only been around a short time, but IMO time enough to earn an award. Great having you on board.

Conn Smythe: bonzo48280, UCFish for their increased performance during the playoffs.

Hart: Barbogast. Hard to deny the impact he's had on the thread this year. MVP status for sure.

And don't worry, there's more!

Buccigross Award for top hockey writer: Roose13

Lappy Award for best trash-talker (formerly the Avery award): JRS1386 (SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, FOLKS)

Keenan Award for being a great hockey mind with the ability to lose it once in a while: aeroshady

Chelios Award for being the oldest (and probably most accomplished) poster in the thread: Salrx95

Shane Doan award for bullish devotion to team: HallowBillies and Pathetic

Don Koharski award for most disagreed with poster: Bron

Ilya Bryzgalov award for poster with most :lol after a quoted post: Brohan Santana

Charlie Conway award for most willing to learn more about hockey: thechad9000

Rick Nash award for most non-existent during the playoffs: Swordo84

Sorry to anyone I've missed... we'll get you!

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15947146)
I assume Tim wins Jack Adams this year because of the 80 percent increase in posts dealing with Babcock alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15947152)
the norris is all but mine.

the jackets were eliminated from playoff contention for the last two weeks of the season and i still made them one of the most discussed teams during that span.
amazing effort, really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947158)
Quite honestly I'm hoping for the Hart this year

Holy Shit... I swear on my Adam Foote sweater that I did not read these before selecting the award winners.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947173)
All right, our 2015 NHL THEED awards!

Vezina: dembetc. We all get a little crazy in here, but Sarah's always back there to anchor us.

Adams: TMoore. This guy leads the post count by over 1,000 posts in here. Holy crap!!! But more importantly, always around to set us straight.

Selke: hailtopitt. Consistently attacking while still being called upon to defend. ;)

Richard: ~Crashintome89~. No one has scored more one-timed zingers in this thread this season than Matt.

Byng: For the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, the ever pleasant Kev87Lads. Remember, the Byng is technically awarded to the nice guy who is also a GREAT player.

Norris: Rebecca De Mornay, for his consistent defense of his team, no matter what.

Calder: SirBobalew. He's only been around a short time, but IMO time enough to earn an award. Great having you on board.

Conn Smythe: bonzo48280, UCFish for their increased performance during the playoffs.

Hart: Barbogast. Hard to deny the impact he's had on the thread this year. MVP status for sure.

And don't worry, there's more!

Buccigross Award for top hockey writer: Roose13

Lappy Award for best trash-talker (formerly the Avery award): JRS1386 (SECOND YEAR IN A ROW, FOLKS)

Keenan Award for being a great hockey mind with the ability to lose it once in a while: aeroshady

Chelios Award for being the oldest (and probably most accomplished) poster in the thread: Salrx95

Shane Doan award for bullish devotion to team: HallowBillies and Pathetic

Don Koharski award for most disagreed with poster: Bron

Ilya Bryzgalov award for poster with most :lol after a quoted post: Brohan Santana

Charlie Conway award for most willing to learn more about hockey: thechad9000

Rick Nash award for most non-existent during the playoffs: Swordo84

Sorry to anyone I've missed... we'll get you!

WOOHOO! I won something! ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Seriously though, so happy I found this thread. To be able to talk hockey with DMB fans combines pretty much my two favorite things, outside of my family and the woman to whom I will soon be related by marriage.

barbogast 05-12-2015 05:41 PM

And Lockman wins the Yandle!!!

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15947183)
WOOHOO! I won something! ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Seriously though, so happy I found this thread. To be able to talk hockey with DMB fans combines pretty much my two favorite things, outside of my family and the woman to whom I will soon be related by marriage.

You've earned it, son. Now, just don't go pulling a MacKinnon next year.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947187)
You've earned it, son. Now, just don't go pulling a MacKinnon next year.

After what he did to my fantasy team this year? Never.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947185)
And Lockman wins the Yandle!!!

I was wondering who would be the first to notice. :lol :lol :lol

Congrats, Chris.

Keith Yandle award for biggest snub: Lockman21

(But also cuz Yandle's a dandy of a player and Chris has an eternal hard-on for him)

kev87lads 05-12-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947176)
Holy Shit... I swear on my Adam Foote sweater that I did not read these before selecting the award winners.

And mine too. :lol Thanks, buddy!

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:45 PM

Come on guys, let's hear some acceptance speeches.

barbogast 05-12-2015 05:46 PM

:lol :lol awesome. The Yandle is easily my favorite award

Hart trophy!! Thanks, bro

Also happy to see Bobalew get the Calder

fonzz41 05-12-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15947206)
:lol :lol awesome. The Yandle is easily my favorite award

:lol It's one of those that seemingly has a negative connotation, but not in this thread. Chris is well deserving.

barbogast 05-12-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947202)
Come on guys, let's hear some acceptance speeches.

I'd like to thank Braden Holtby for being a badass, Nick Backstrom because nobody ever thanks Nick Backstrom, and space_raven for making it so easy

barbogast 05-12-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15947207)
:lol It's one of those that seemingly has a negative connotation, but not in this thread. Chris is well deserving.

Well deserved indeed :thumbsup

kev87lads 05-12-2015 05:49 PM

Can we give out the Ted Lindsay Award for Best Players Rep to: fonzz41

Totally deserves it. Putting us all on his back and giving out player awards. Matty is terrific

From Wiki: The first NHLPA was formed in 1957 by hockey players Ted Lindsay of the Detroit Red Wings and Doug Harvey of the Montreal Canadiens after the league had refused to release pension plan financial information. The owners broke the union by trading players involved with the organization or sending them to the minor leagues. After an out-of-court settlement over several players' issues, the players disbanded the organization.