Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

~Crashintome89~ 08-06-2013 05:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
the doldrums of the off-season has given me time to start a novel of a guy who becomes a general manager of a professional hockey team.

bonzo48280 08-06-2013 05:19 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
we're almost a month from training camp. That blows my skull

fonzz41 08-06-2013 06:17 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14767013)
the doldrums of the off-season has given me time to start a novel of a guy who becomes a general manager of a professional hockey team.

And his name was Matty?

lockman21 08-06-2013 10:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I'm SHOCKED Tim hasn't been in here already to chime in about the Yotes.

Now I can finally order my Yandle sweater!!

lockman21 08-06-2013 10:42 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I think I'm going to order something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phoenix-Coyo...item58a2fab4bd

But in a XL so it can fit over my pads. Then take it to my local shop, get "Yandle" and "3" stitched on the back, and have something awesome to bring with me to drop-in hockey as my dark jersey.

fonzz41 08-07-2013 12:19 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14767415)
I think I'm going to order something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phoenix-Coyo...item58a2fab4bd

But in a XL so it can fit over my pads. Then take it to my local shop, get "Yandle" and "3" stitched on the back, and have something awesome to bring with me to drop-in hockey as my dark jersey.

I don't think I've ever been more proud of you in my life. I knew you had it in you. I just knew it.

lockman21 08-07-2013 12:53 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14767557)
I don't think I've ever been more proud of you in my life. I knew you had it in you. I just knew it.

I'm playing 100% defenseman now in the league I just started. I'm going to try and shift over full time. I'll play forward if they need me to, but I'm not longer considering myself a forward. I just love it back there. It's the greatest.

That Yandle goal I posted before...I LOVE doing that shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wbX_Mrhrk

Sneaking in to a play when no one expects you/sees you. I love chasing back and being the last line of defense between me and the goalie. I love frustrating guys so much that they flip out (I don't remember if I told you this story but I had a guy want to fight me a couple weeks ago).

It's so awesome. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

fonzz41 08-07-2013 11:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14767586)
I'm playing 100% defenseman now in the league I just started. I'm going to try and shift over full time. I'll play forward if they need me to, but I'm not longer considering myself a forward. I just love it back there. It's the greatest.

That Yandle goal I posted before...I LOVE doing that shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wbX_Mrhrk

Sneaking in to a play when no one expects you/sees you. I love chasing back and being the last line of defense between me and the goalie. I love frustrating guys so much that they flip out (I don't remember if I told you this story but I had a guy want to fight me a couple weeks ago).

It's so awesome. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

My little Christopher is becoming a man.

The bolded is one of my favorite parts of the position. And the great thing about hockey? Nine times out of ten, you shake hands after the game and it's all forgotten.

fonzz41 08-07-2013 07:32 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I'd forgotten that many of these players ended up with these teams.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...7-nhl-veterans

jackisback24 08-07-2013 09:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
TORONTO -- Terry Gregson is retiring as the NHL's head of officiating.

Stephen Walkom will leave his job as an on-ice referee to take over as senior vice president and director of officiating, the league announced Wednesday.

It's a familiar role for Walkom, who held the position from 2005-09.

Gregson, who joined the front office in 2005 after a 25-year career as a referee, will serve as a consultant to the NHL on officiating matters, including the league's participation in the 2014 Olympics.

"Terry had the unique ability to expertly manage the 78-man NHL officiating team," NHL senior vice president Colin Campbell said in a statement. "His tireless efforts behind the scenes to ensure that NHL officiating was the best it could be on a nightly basis were seldom recognized publicly, but we greatly appreciate his dedication to the game both on and off the ice for the past 33 years."

~Crashintome89~ 08-07-2013 11:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I remember when Jari Kurri got traded to the Flyers. :lol :lol

TMoore4075 08-08-2013 09:08 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14768705)
I'd forgotten that many of these players ended up with these teams.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...7-nhl-veterans

It should mention that Mo only played 40 games cause a skate slashed his arm the day after Thanksgiving. I was there in Columbus for that. He was just starting to find his form too. If he doesn't get hurt he might have had an ok season.

As for Sittler I didn't know this: "But when he showed up for the announcement, he was told by rookie GM Bobby Clarke that he was being traded to Detroit instead." Flyers are good at telling players one thing and doing another I guess. "You're not being shopped Jeff Carter...oh actually you're going to the Jackets."

Forgot Ollie went to TB and Oates to the Oilers.

aeroshady 08-08-2013 02:13 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Devils joining the Ranks of Phoenix apparently. I am surprised that they are in this kind of financial trouble. Us Rangers fans always liked to joke about the Devils not having fans, but they seemed to have pretty good crowds the past few seasons.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=429396

TMoore4075 08-08-2013 03:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14769773)
Devils joining the Ranks of Phoenix apparently. I am surprised that they are in this kind of financial trouble. Us Rangers fans always liked to joke about the Devils not having fans, but they seemed to have pretty good crowds the past few seasons.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=429396

And if the league had any credibility left they have lost it now. "NJ isn't having any trouble." Sound familiar? Oh they said the same thing in 09 about the Coyotes. I will be beyond mad if somehow the Devils leave but the Yotes stay. I don't see it happening but it wouldn't shock me the way this league works.

lockman21 08-08-2013 03:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Devils have been in financial hell for quote some time. This is nothing new. Not surprised to see the NHL take over.

TMoore4075 08-08-2013 03:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14769885)
Devils have been in financial hell for quote some time. This is nothing new. Not surprised to see the NHL take over.

Almost moved to Nashville in 94 or 95.

aeroshady 08-08-2013 03:54 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I remember reading an article before the Devils moved to Newark that was talking about 8 teams in the NHL that should no longer exist or be moved. I don't remember all 8 (Florida, Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix were four that I do remember) but I remember the comment section was most vocal about NJ being on the list. Even with the 3 Cups the writer pointed out many flaws with NJ having a team and even more flaws about moving them to an arena where they are the only income (Meaning no more NETS). He made some really good points and it seems that he may have been correct.

I was originally convinced from that article that the Devils should be moved, but after the past 3 seasons I saw a much larger crowd attendance at the Pru-Center and had changed my mind. Maybe I changed it to soon.

It should be noted that the Devils forum (fire & ice) is claiming that the report by Forbs is inaccurate and that the team is close to finishing a deal for a new owner. I don't really know who to believe at this point.

TMoore4075 08-08-2013 03:57 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 14769958)
I remember reading an article before the Devils moved to Newark that was talking about 8 teams in the NHL that should no longer exist or be moved. I don't remember all 8 (Florida, Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix were four that I do remember) but I remember the comment section was most vocal about NJ being on the list. Even with the 3 Cups the writer pointed out many flaws with NJ having a team and even more flaws about moving them to an arena where they are the only income (Meaning no more NETS). He made some really good points and it seems that he may have been correct.

I was originally convinced from that article that the Devils should be moved, but after the past 3 seasons I saw a much larger crowd attendance at the Pru-Center and had changed my mind. Maybe I changed it to soon.

It should be noted that the Devils forum (fire & ice) is claiming that the report by Forbs is inaccurate and that the team is close to finishing a deal for a new owner. I don't really know who to believe at this point.

This has been reported multiple times and shot down by the Devils or NHL. The fact that it keeps getting reported means there's at least some truth to it.

DmBand801 08-09-2013 02:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The Devils have 17 years left on the lease at Prudential Center, so they aren't going anywhere.

It appears they're also about to have some new owners, thankfully.

~Crashintome89~ 08-09-2013 03:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^^^^^

Yes, who also own the Philadelphia Sixers. The Philadelphia Sixers. A professional basketball team that is two months away from their regular season, and a basketball team that still does not have a head coach.

I love this.

DmBand801 08-09-2013 03:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14771639)
^^^^^

Yes, who also own the Philadelphia Sixers. The Philadelphia Sixers. A professional basketball team that is two months away from their regular season, and a basketball team that still does not have a head coach.

I love this.

The Devils have been one of the most successful NHL franchises for the past 20 years while going through several different owners in that time. I am not all the worried about this guy meddling around Lamoriello.

Just provide deep pockets, sit back, and let the hockey people continue making this a winning franchise.

bradshaw06 08-09-2013 06:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14771639)
^^^^^

Yes, who also own the Philadelphia Sixers. The Philadelphia Sixers. A professional basketball team that is two months away from their regular season, and a basketball team that still does not have a head coach.

I love this.

Was listening to the radio this morning, Keith Jones seems to think that this guy will try and move both the Sixers and Devils to Seattle.

bradshaw06 08-09-2013 06:41 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Pens hired Jacques Martin as an assistant coach today. My first thought: Insurance. If Bylsma messes up in playoffs again, we have his replacement right there. Hopefully he instills some fundamentals and defense that the team has been missing.

~Crashintome89~ 08-10-2013 03:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zss3F7odDwo

nom nom nom nom

jackisback24 08-10-2013 06:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/95...-expedited-dmv

Roose13 08-10-2013 09:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Why is that a story? Fuck off, ESPN

~Crashintome89~ 08-11-2013 01:05 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Crosby is not a model citizen. Clearly I echo Jacob Davis' sentiments.

bradshaw06 08-12-2013 12:07 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14772963)
Why is that a story? Fuck off, ESPN

pretty much this.

TMoore4075 08-12-2013 09:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
It's news cause that's the world we live in now.

TMoore4075 08-12-2013 01:07 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
12 days until Wings single game tickets go on sale. I'm gonna try and see if I can the Lidstrom retirement game but my guess is most of those are going to be snagged by season ticket holders. If I had to only go to one game next year that would be it.

Alazais 08-12-2013 05:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I'm getting nervous with the Leafs situation. They have under 5 million to spend and they have neither Kadri nor Franson signed. They both will not sign for a 2.5 million dollar deal and I don't know how they plan to go about this. TSN has Kadri at a charity golf game yesterday and he said there has been NO movement at all on his contract negotiations. This is not okay. They are going to desperately need Kadri this year and Franson was clutch for them down the stretch and through the playoffs.

Roose13 08-12-2013 06:29 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 14774958)
I'm getting nervous with the Leafs situation. They have under 5 million to spend and they have neither Kadri nor Franson signed. They both will not sign for a 2.5 million dollar deal and I don't know how they plan to go about this. TSN has Kadri at a charity golf game yesterday and he said there has been NO movement at all on his contract negotiations. This is not okay. They are going to desperately need Kadri this year and Franson was clutch for them down the stretch and through the playoffs.

Are they under contract for the 2013-14 season? If so then you should be okay, especially with the cap supposedly going up again for 2014-15

~Crashintome89~ 08-12-2013 06:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Toronto will probably backload their deals. I assume both of them are RFAs and the chances of them being offer sheeted is zil.

Alazais 08-12-2013 07:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14775014)
Are they under contract for the 2013-14 season? If so then you should be okay, especially with the cap supposedly going up again for 2014-15

They are not under contract for this upcoming season. I would not be worried about it otherwise. If they don't not come to terms here with some kind of bridge deal (as they can't afford anything otherwise) I expect Franson will be shipped out. That will be a fairly large blow to the back end.

The problem is that Toronto has a boat load of NHL (not great but still NHL) talent on their back end. So it's tough to see how it will all unfold.

Phenauf - Gunnaron
Gardiner - Liles
Fraser- Ranger
Brennan

Franson( RFA)

Liles seems to have fallen out of favour with Randy.

The issue is that without Franson on that first pairing PP unit they lose a boat load of scoring.

Of the two, Franson will be traded before Kadri. Kadri is their shoe in second liner to start the year.
What was originally a whole lot of cap space this off season has turned into a whole lot of cap frustration.

Without Kadri they are a hurting unit down the middle as well.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lulup - Kadri(RFA) - Clarkson
Mcclement - Bolland - Kulemin
Orr - Colborne - Mclaren

Take Kadri out of there and it goes from a very skilled top 6 to a very weak top 6.

At this point, seeing as no one wants Liles, Leafs included, they are stuck in a cap limbo. Some arguments were to spent up to the %10 overage they can during the off season, not carry 23 players on the roster and hopefully someone needs a D-man (Liles) early enough on in the season. But it's a bit of a quandary for Nonis who has bought himself into a corner here.

Alazais 08-12-2013 07:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14775021)
Toronto will probably backload their deals. I assume both of them are RFAs and the chances of them being offer sheeted is zil.

Sorry for the double post.


It doesn't have so much to do with the money. The Maple Leafs have tons of that to throw around. it has everything to do with available cap space. They have under 5 million in cap space. As far as I know, if you back Load a contract that only affects money owed - not annual cap hit.

TMoore4075 08-13-2013 09:12 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 14775068)
Sorry for the double post.


It doesn't have so much to do with the money. The Maple Leafs have tons of that to throw around. it has everything to do with available cap space. They have under 5 million in cap space. As far as I know, if you back Load a contract that only affects money owed - not annual cap hit.

And back-loading deals doesn't do what it used to do anyways. You can't have the gap like you used to. Plus with a short-term deal that both would get, you can't make the average drop much either way.

fonzz41 08-13-2013 11:30 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 14775068)
Sorry for the double post.


It doesn't have so much to do with the money. The Maple Leafs have tons of that to throw around. it has everything to do with available cap space. They have under 5 million in cap space. As far as I know, if you back Load a contract that only affects money owed - not annual cap hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14775458)
And back-loading deals doesn't do what it used to do anyways. You can't have the gap like you used to. Plus with a short-term deal that both would get, you can't make the average drop much either way.

Backloading can bring down the average cap hit a bit, but yeah, with the new regulations in place you can't have the huge drop-offs in the final years that typically brought the cap hit down. It would minimize it, but not by much.

I think if the Leafs had to pick someone, I agree they stick with Kadri. He's the potential to be a marketable star, and we all know what teams do for top-6 forwards who have one good year! I'm a fan of Franson, but that's usually how the cards fall in the NHL. I'm guessing that throws off our Phaneuf for Stastny deal... although maybe we can work something out for Franson? I'm willing to consider high picks in order to get some sort of defensive help. Or... maybe we can keep Phaneuf in play for a return that won't affect the cap much? Phaneuf is so streaky, but I'm kinda wanting a more veteran presence on the Avs blueline right now. Let me know if you want to discuss more and we'll see what we can make happen.

TMoore4075 08-13-2013 11:35 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14775630)
Backloading can bring down the average cap hit a bit, but yeah, with the new regulations in place you can't have the huge drop-offs in the final years that typically brought the cap hit down. It would minimize it, but not by much.

I think if the Leafs had to pick someone, I agree they stick with Kadri. He's the potential to be a marketable star, and we all know what teams do for top-6 forwards who have one good year! I'm a fan of Franson, but that's usually how the cards fall in the NHL. I'm guessing that throws off our Phaneuf for Stastny deal... although maybe we can work something out for Franson? I'm willing to consider high picks in order to get some sort of defensive help. Or... maybe we can keep Phaneuf in play for a return that won't affect the cap much? Phaneuf is so streaky, but I'm kinda wanting a more veteran presence on the Avs blueline right now. Let me know if you want to discuss more and we'll see what we can make happen.

You want some forward help too? Mikael Samuelsson is yours. Late round pick is ok for me.

fonzz41 08-13-2013 11:42 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14775640)
You want some forward help too? Mikael Samuelsson is yours. Late round pick is ok for me.

I'm not sure I would take him even if you dumped him bound and gagged at the back entrance of the Pepsi Center.

Now Kronwall... there's someone we could chat about. Although taking on anyone who's worn the winged wheel leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

lockman21 08-13-2013 11:49 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 14775066)
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lulup - Kadri(RFA) - Clarkson
Mcclement - Bolland - Kulemin
Orr - Colborne - Mclaren

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine

fonzz41 08-13-2013 11:51 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^ Sorry Chris. :hug

And with Montador signing in the KHL, this must be a really difficult time for you right now.

TMoore4075 08-13-2013 12:04 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14775653)
I'm not sure I would take him even if you dumped him bound and gagged at the back entrance of the Pepsi Center.

Now Kronwall... there's someone we could chat about. Although taking on anyone who's worn the winged wheel leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If he's healthy he can score you some goals. But that's probably not going to be the problem for the Avs.

fonzz41 08-13-2013 12:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14775702)
If he's healthy he can score you some goals. But that's probably not going to be the problem for the Avs.

Yeah goals won't be hard to come by. Unfortunately, the same will be true for any team who happens to be PLAYING the Avs, and that's what needs to be addressed.

lockman21 08-13-2013 04:27 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Nashville really doesn't want Chicago fans at their games:

http://www.section303.com/preds-gett...ago-fans-51051

fonzz41 08-13-2013 06:51 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Looks like I'll be planning a trip to Denver in November. Anyone want to join me?

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680080

Ants NHL thread meet-up to celebrate the career of one of the best crease clearers of all time?

TMoore4075 08-13-2013 08:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14776717)
Looks like I'll be planning a trip to Denver in November. Anyone want to join me?

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680080

Ants NHL thread meet-up to celebrate the career of one of the best crease clearers of all time?

Uwe Krupp? Having trouble keeping it in your pants on this one?

fonzz41 08-14-2013 06:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14776791)
Uwe Krupp? Having trouble keeping it in your pants on this one?

Huge boner still. May need to call a doctor.

TMoore4075 08-14-2013 07:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14778280)
Huge boner still. May need to call a doctor.

If an erection lasts longer than 3 hours, it's because Adam Foote's # is getting retired.

~Crashintome89~ 08-14-2013 09:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Well, if a naked guy ends up running out on the ice to hug Adam Foote and shake Seth Jones' hand, we'll at least know who it is.

bonzo48280 08-14-2013 10:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
these idiots in Nashville. now they have me looking into skyboxes for my huge group of people coming down. We'll have to drink all their beer now. idiots.

TMoore4075 08-15-2013 09:16 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I understand why NSH would want this and doesn't like all the (whatever teams) fans there but come on. Phoenix knows not to do this. lol

unccrombie 08-15-2013 09:47 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
ticket revenue is ticket revenue, da fuq?

fonzz41 08-15-2013 12:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14778350)
If an erection lasts longer than 3 hours, it's because Adam Foote's # is getting retired.

It was high time I got a new sig!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14778559)
Well, if a naked guy ends up running out on the ice to hug Adam Foote and shake Seth Jones' hand, we'll at least know who it is.

Sly little devil sneaking that in there :lol ..... :lorraine

(that's what she said)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 14778604)
these idiots in Nashville. now they have me looking into skyboxes for my huge group of people coming down. We'll have to drink all their beer now. idiots.

You have to think they totally had this in mind when they announced this. Preds Marketing: "Chicago fans are going to be so pissed at this that they're going to come to both games just to spite us. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Laughing all the way to the bank.

TMoore4075 08-15-2013 12:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14779232)
It was high time I got a new sig!

Awesome. I feel special.

TMoore4075 08-15-2013 12:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Watching the Alfie presser. This should be good.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-live/

TMoore4075 08-15-2013 02:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Looks like the Sens are trying to throw Alfie under the bus. Reports of him asking for $7mil per or 2 years and 6mil. I don't really buy it. One it sure seems like he might only play a year. And if the Sens were saying he could have a blank check why do you balk at $7mil? "You can have whatever you want..as long as it's what we want to give you."

unccrombie 08-15-2013 05:18 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Devils got bought

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...ey-devils-320m

DmBand801 08-15-2013 05:58 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 14779859)

Best team.

lockman21 08-15-2013 06:41 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Great fuckin deal for Colorado today.

bonzo48280 08-15-2013 07:40 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
what Nashville doesn't get is all the extra money on spend to get to this game is just going to go straight to the scalpers and not them.

fonzz41 08-15-2013 07:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14779950)
Great fuckin deal for Colorado today.

Very very happy with this deal. $39 mil/7 yrs isn't bad at all for a franchise cornerstone. I've had to eats one major crow with Landeskog.... I was rooting so hard for the Avs to draft Hamilton in that draft. Oops. Love watching Landy play night in and night out. Young Forsberg.

JRS1386 08-15-2013 11:12 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/95...fing-5-6-weeks

Oh Claude...

~Crashintome89~ 08-15-2013 11:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
You have to got to be fucking kidding me. what the shit.

~Crashintome89~ 08-15-2013 11:32 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Whatever we're still going to win the Cup.

JRS1386 08-15-2013 11:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
President's Cup I hope you are referring to

~Crashintome89~ 08-16-2013 12:13 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Obviously. What do you think this is? Amateur hour?

JRS1386 08-16-2013 12:52 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
It is if your name is Claude Giroux

unccrombie 08-16-2013 08:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 14780196)

even tiger woods has better luck.

lockman21 08-16-2013 04:26 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I would love to see Rick DiPietro make a come back here over the next couple years.

bonzo48280 08-19-2013 04:36 PM

Brent Seabrook just named his daughter "Seven."

Amazing

Alazais 08-19-2013 05:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
So I posted in here a while back looking for some advise on a trade in my GM connected NHL 13 game. The trade was for Lunqvist - I nixed that deal but did end up trading:

Brad Richards, Kurt Sauer, and a 3rd.

for Jeff Carter, Bobby Butler, and a 1st.

I ended up 7th in the east. Lunqvist was terrible all year. he went 30-31 like a total bum.

Cut to the playoffs, I am now on my way to the Stanley Cup. Lunqvist has been an absolute monster posting a 1.67 GAA and a 93.9 S%.

Carter is first in points with 19 points in 17 games and my top 6 is playing like the big physical monsters I brought them in to be.

My top 6 looks like this:

Nash-Carter-Callahan
Eriksson-Stepan-Brown

I started matching up my second line against their first line. All three of those guys have a very high defensive awareness and they managed to effectively shut down E-Kane-Malkin-Kessel against Toronto in the Conference Final.

What a turn around. I'll be playing either Van or Det in the cup finals. It's been super fun. If anyone if looking to get into the league for NHL 14, let me know. As I say, it's been a very enjoyable experience.

fonzz41 08-19-2013 06:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alazais (Post 14784875)
So I posted in here a while back looking for some advise on a trade in my GM connected NHL 13 game. The trade was for Lunqvist - I nixed that deal but did end up trading:

Brad Richards, Kurt Sauer, and a 3rd.

for Jeff Carter, Bobby Butler, and a 1st.

I ended up 7th in the east. Lunqvist was terrible all year. he went 30-31 like a total bum.

Cut to the playoffs, I am now on my way to the Stanley Cup. Lunqvist has been an absolute monster posting a 1.67 GAA and a 93.9 S%.

Carter is first in points with 19 points in 17 games and my top 6 is playing like the big physical monsters I brought them in to be.

My top 6 looks like this:

Nash-Carter-Callahan
Eriksson-Stepan-Brown

I started matching up my second line against their first line. All three of those guys have a very high defensive awareness and they managed to effectively shut down E-Kane-Malkin-Kessel against Toronto in the Conference Final.

What a turn around. I'll be playing either Van or Det in the cup finals. It's been super fun. If anyone if looking to get into the league for NHL 14, let me know. As I say, it's been a very enjoyable experience.

Maybe they should make you the real GM of the Rangers. :thumbsup

Roose13 08-19-2013 09:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 14784745)
Brent Seabrook just named his daughter "Seven."

Amazing

Is he a rapper? That's so fucking stupid

HallowBillies7 08-19-2013 09:49 PM

Yeah that's almost as bad as North West.

Alazais 08-19-2013 11:38 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
It's awesome if he is a huge Seinfeld Fan.

lockman21 08-20-2013 03:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The Ducks are getting royally fucked with offseason injuries.

~Crashintome89~ 08-20-2013 04:45 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Seems like Teemu is coming back for one more though.

DynastyDrummer1 08-21-2013 11:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14786509)
Seems like Teemu is coming back for one more though.

I feel like we've said that every season for the past ten years.

lockman21 08-21-2013 11:33 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/articles...-in-four-years

What do you guys think?

HallowBillies7 08-21-2013 12:25 PM

Anybody see the thing about Steve Mason's mask? Pretty cool idea, I've always been interested in goalie masks.

bonzo48280 08-21-2013 02:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14787792)

I think resigning Toews and Kane will not be a problem if that's the case.

fonzz41 08-22-2013 02:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/stor...-uniforms-1-30

Ouch for the Avs.

Hawks sweaters still my all-time favorite in any sport.

fonzz41 08-23-2013 12:08 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Grabovski to Caps. One year.

bonzo48280 08-23-2013 05:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
the Blues are copying Nashville's ticket policy for Hawks games. this is some bullshit

UCFish 08-23-2013 05:58 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Really is bullshit.

~Crashintome89~ 08-23-2013 09:49 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Stop being so good then.

lockman21 08-25-2013 01:18 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14790666)
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/stor...-uniforms-1-30

Ouch for the Avs.

Hawks sweaters still my all-time favorite in any sport.

Ehhhh, this guy is a hack.

lockman21 08-26-2013 03:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Want to take a second to talk about a game I had last night with you fools...

Got an email at about 3:30PM (and saw the email at about 4PM) asking me to sub in a game at 5:50 that night. So real short notice. I'm real strange in that I like to get to the rink REALLY early and just get my mind right, be the first on the ice/last off the ice/etc, so such short notice really screws with my pregame warmup.

I get to the rink around 5:15, get on the ice at 5:30 (somehow was still the 2nd guy on the ice, they still hadn't even turned on the main lights)...anyway...I had an AWFUL first period. We were on the PP from a penalty I drew, puck was cleared and didn't quite make it to the right faceoff dot in our end, I gather the puck (I'm a defenseman), turn towards center ice, see a lot of room, and start trying to carry the puck up the center of the ice, as soon as I cross the blue line into the neutral zone, one of their forwards gets right on me, I try to deke around him, and just get my pocket picked. He's going the other way on a shorthanded breakaway and buries it. Makes it 2-0 them. 1st period ends 4-0 them.

Long story short, as a defenseman, I put up 3 goals in the final 2 periods (one of them shorthanded in the 3rd) and we tied it up 5-5. Felt incredible. I come off after scoring my 3rd goal (which was the shorty) with about 3 minutes left. They score about :17 later. Then again another :40 later. We lost 8-5 after they put in an empty netter :lol

Ridiculous.

lockman21 08-26-2013 05:47 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://i.imgur.com/PewTlw7.jpg

Roose13 08-26-2013 07:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Today is a glorious day. Randy Miller, that piece of shit who outed Ilya Bryzgalov's comments and was just a piece of shit human being in general, was let go today by the Courier Post in NJ due to cutbacks. Yes, it wasn't because he's a scumbag, but at least it partly is the reason they valued other sports writers over him.

And for once I get to say I'm an employed journalist on staff of a daily newspaper and an asshole piece of shit like that is not.

~Crashintome89~ 08-26-2013 07:22 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14798057)
Today is a glorious day. Randy Miller, that piece of shit who outed Ilya Bryzgalov's comments and was just a piece of shit human being in general, was let go today by the Courier Post in NJ due to cutbacks. Yes, it wasn't because he's a scumbag, but at least it partly is the reason they valued other sports writers over him.

That's too bad.
















































































































Not. :trap

Roose13 08-26-2013 08:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol:lol:lol

bradshaw06 08-27-2013 12:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
First cutting line at the dmv, then Malkin fights a kid??? what a classless team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvMLmS_Kze4#t=28

fonzz41 08-27-2013 02:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Team USA sweaters. Not crazy about them.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sochi-olympics

lockman21 08-27-2013 03:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I almost don't want to root for team USA anymore those are so awful.

Alazais 08-27-2013 04:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^ Root for Canada. They're cooler anyways.

~Crashintome89~ 08-27-2013 04:28 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14799359)
I almost don't want to root for team USA anymore those are so awful.

Yeah, they are awful. The ones that they had before--particularly the white sweaters were glorious.

I would actually go back to the '96 white sweaters than watch the guys play in these sweaters.

lockman21 08-27-2013 05:13 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...190110715.html

~Crashintome89~ 08-27-2013 05:18 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
oh lord, between the Kessel picture, Big Buff, and Howard--I'm dying over here.

lockman21 08-27-2013 05:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Saad is hilarious too.

The Byfuglien caption is the best.

"This photo was taken literally seconds after Dustin Byfuglien was told that the new USA logo was, in fact, not made of Twizzlers and sour cream."


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.