Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

DmBand801 07-11-2013 03:05 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14714135)
Isn't 8 years the max under the new CBA?

You're absolutely right. It'd be 8/80 then. I remember reading his agents wanting to get him an AAV of 10 million.

lockman21 07-11-2013 03:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14715514)
I'm just wondering how it could POSSIBLY be that Bryzgalov doesn't have a team yet. He must still be trying to score a try-out with the All-Universe team he created in his head. My guess is his final destination ends up being Calgary or one of the Floridas. Who knows, maybe even the Islanders. What say you, Sal?

Because he's going to play in mother Russia.

fonzz41 07-11-2013 04:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14715917)
Because he's going to play in mother Russia.

I refuse to believe it.

Rebecca De Mornay 07-11-2013 04:25 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Maybe CBJ will sign him to backup BOBROVSKY!

lockman21 07-11-2013 04:45 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
HOLY SHIT! Get FUCKED New Jersey!

Love,

Ilya Kovalchuk

wampa3 07-11-2013 04:45 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ilya Kovalchuk has announced his retirement

ummmmmmmm, what?!?!?!

dmbetc 07-11-2013 04:46 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol:lol Devils

wampa3 07-11-2013 04:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Ilya Kovalchuk would play for 105 years (or something close to that)

bonzo48280 07-11-2013 04:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
what in the flying fuck

wampa3 07-11-2013 04:50 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Was it worth it Lou?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...tm?csp=usat.me

wampa3 07-11-2013 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Vanderbeeks pocket is certainly a few tons heavier now. Kovy was due to make a half bajillion bucks over the next 11 years.

Would have been nice to know before Clarkson went buh-bye

fonzz41 07-11-2013 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ilya Kovalchuk just gave NJ a giant middle finger.

I mean, it's his life and he needs to do what's best for him and his family, but wow.

TMoore4075 07-11-2013 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I just looked up what his cap recapture hit will be and it's barely anything because he's retiring now and the team is not benefiting from the dead years at the end. $250k per year until the end of the contract.

Still it's a wow moment for sure.

salrx95 07-11-2013 04:57 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
them Russians sure a little weird and quirky, no?

Why couldn't family be here? He'll be back in a year. Walking away from a lot of money.

Good news for the Islanders and the rest of the easterners fighting for the last few playoff spots next year.

TMoore4075 07-11-2013 04:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14716293)
them Russians sure a little weird and quirky, no?

Why couldn't family be here? He'll be back in a year. Walking away from a lot of money.

Good news for the Islanders and the rest of the easterners fighting for the last few playoff spots next year.

And that forfeited draft pick, that NJ should have forfeited last year when they got pick #29, will really hurt when it's a lottery pick again next year.

fonzz41 07-11-2013 05:00 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 14716293)
them Russians sure a little weird and quirky, no?

Why couldn't family be here? He'll be back in a year. Walking away from a lot of money.

Good news for the Islanders and the rest of the easterners fighting for the last few playoff spots next year.

:thumbsup I give him two years before he's back in the NHL.

salrx95 07-11-2013 05:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14715514)
I'm just wondering how it could POSSIBLY be that Bryzgalov doesn't have a team yet. He must still be trying to score a try-out with the All-Universe team he created in his head. My guess is his final destination ends up being Calgary or one of the Floridas. Who knows, maybe even the Islanders. What say you, Sal?

We already signed Nabokov to be the #1 for 1 more year and with all but 1 important rfa in Bailey already signed, we are at the cap floor already. I doubt we will add any more payroll of significance, if any. Roster is pretty much set.

lockman21 07-11-2013 05:03 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14716310)
:thumbsup I give him two years before he's back in the NHL.

And the Flyers will sign him to a 8 year $80 million contract.







I'M SORRY JOHN IT'S JUST TOO EASY

wampa3 07-11-2013 05:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14716332)
And the Flyers will sign him to a 8 year $80 million contract.







I'M SORRY JOHN IT'S JUST TOO EASY

I think Holmgren would agree with you.

fonzz41 07-11-2013 05:12 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14716332)
And the Flyers will sign him to a 8 year $80 million contract.







I'M SORRY JOHN IT'S JUST TOO EASY

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 14716388)
I think Holmgren would agree with you.

Well played by you both. :thumbsup

fonzz41 07-11-2013 05:18 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Roenick is flipping on Twitter right now :lol His typing is even worse than normal... probably because he has steam coming out his ears. Dude, chill. :lol

Quote:

Studiest thing iv heard since Aaron Hernandez .. Kovalchuk retiring !!! Is he out of his mind??? Something is fishy
Quote:

Uwill all see now why I have talked negatively about kovalchuk !!! He doesn't want to play for the devils and he'll end up in the KHL!!!
Quote:

Kovalchuk is as selfish as they come!!!! I'm appalled. I feel bad for all u devils fans. U deserve better than that!!

Roose13 07-11-2013 05:19 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
At least the Flyers don't have 6 4th liners on their current roster because they're so top-heavy, wampa ;) :lol:lol

fonzz41 07-11-2013 05:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
There's the friendly banter I've been missing.

TMoore4075 07-11-2013 05:31 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14716442)
Roenick is flipping on Twitter right now :lol His typing is even worse than normal... probably because he has steam coming out his ears. Dude, chill. :lol

The last tweet is coherent. lol

fonzz41 07-11-2013 05:36 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
More Roenick. Great stuff right now from this guy :lol

Quote:

Hey Ilya hope u live comfortably in Russia w the money u made from the 23 million u stole from the devils Again I'm right in my analysis

TMoore4075 07-11-2013 05:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
While I understand where JR is coming from, Kovy played for the money he got. This is a head scratcher but a bigger dick move would have to waited a couple more years and done it. Taken more of their money and the cap recapture penalty would be a lot higher.

wampa3 07-11-2013 05:46 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14716443)
At least the Flyers don't have 6 4th liners on their current roster because they're so top-heavy, wampa ;) :lol:lol

but they bang bodies, bodies will bang! Steve Macyntire and Tanner Glass.... ummm... HOCKEY!

(this is me not having anything good to say about this situation)

aeroshady 07-11-2013 05:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Double post. Sorry!

aeroshady 07-11-2013 05:48 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Kovy this is awesome. First, because he is a dick! Second, because he was on the Devils! Third, because it spices up the off season in such a huge way!

From an NHL fan standpoint, sorry Devils fans! Really sucks and hurts the team for sure.

From a Rangers fan standpoint, hahahHAHAAaaahahahaha GOOD!

I haven't forgot the unreal taunting from two seasons ago when NJ knocked out NY!;)

bradshaw06 07-11-2013 05:52 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Wow, was not expecting anything like this. Totally shocking. I feel for the Devils.

bradshaw06 07-11-2013 05:58 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
wait, if the contract is void, whats to stop any team now from doing the same with a bad contract? kind of fishy...

lockman21 07-11-2013 05:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14716618)
wait, if the contract is void, whats to stop any team now from doing the same with a bad contract? kind of fishy...

It's not "void", they're taking a cap hit of $250,000. I know not anything massive, but...IDK...it's strange.

Alazais 07-11-2013 06:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
That's wild.. My brother is a Devils fan and he's an idiot so I'm pretty happy. I feel bad for the franchise. What an asshole.

bradshaw06 07-11-2013 06:15 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
So not void in the sense that i thought.

lockman21 07-11-2013 06:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14716664)
So not void in the sense that i thought.

Right. Cap hit of 250,000 until 2025 or something like that.

fonzz41 07-11-2013 06:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14716558)
While I understand where JR is coming from, Kovy played for the money he got. This is a head scratcher but a bigger dick move would have to waited a couple more years and done it. Taken more of their money and the cap recapture penalty would be a lot higher.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with Roenick, I just love to see people on a rant like this :lol

Roose13 07-11-2013 07:10 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:lol:lol

https://twitter.com/TheNHLHumor/stat...46677861195776

Roose13 07-11-2013 07:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 14716568)
but they bang bodies, bodies will bang! Steve Macyntire and Tanner Glass.... ummm... HOCKEY!

(this is me not having anything good to say about this situation)

So chalk that up for a victory for me ;)

Not often I can get the last word in on a Pens fan :lol Great meeting you at Camden again buddy

~Crashintome89~ 07-12-2013 12:32 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
man, Kovalchuk is going to get Bobby Clarke/Kharlamov'd at the Olympics this year by one of the Devils.

DmBand801 07-12-2013 01:02 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I'll delve into this tomorrow, but for tonight; just wow...

fonzz41 07-12-2013 01:21 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14717756)
I'll delve into this tomorrow, but for tonight; just wow...

Interested in hearing your thoughts, pal.

Oh, and my condolences.

Bron Yr Aur 07-12-2013 01:59 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
This is hardly bad for the Devils. Kovalchuk had one of the worst deals in the league and is now on the wrong side of 30. This is really the best outcome they could imagine in my opinion. Yes they lose immediate production but they were not that great a team anyway. They need to rebuild and they don't have to deal with that albatross contract.

~Crashintome89~ 07-12-2013 02:22 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Are you kidding me? The Devils are screwed this year. Kovalchuk didn't have the decency to tell them before free agency? That's bullshit.

Bron Yr Aur 07-12-2013 02:26 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Yes obviously it hurts them the next couple years probably. In the long run they are much better off.

DmBand801 07-12-2013 02:51 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 14717898)
This is hardly bad for the Devils. Kovalchuk had one of the worst deals in the league and is now on the wrong side of 30. This is really the best outcome they could imagine in my opinion. Yes they lose immediate production but they were not that great a team anyway. They need to rebuild and they don't have to deal with that albatross contract.

:lol:lol

Yes, one of the league's most successful franchises hot off a run to the cup finals two years ago, and having just traded for a young franchise goaltender, should rebuild immediately....

Please. The core is still decent, and while this loss hurts a lot right now, to think the Devils are going to immediately drop to 30th place as a result of it is crazy. They still will field a decent top six, and also have tremendous depth on defense, not to mention the best goaltending tandem in the league.

It's a punch in the gut, no doubt. But, the Devils have shown year after year that they can get off the mat when dealt with this kind of adversity (Gomez, Niedermayer, Rafalski walking, Stevens retiring etc.) They are still ran by the best GM in the NHL.

~Crashintome89~ 07-12-2013 02:58 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Ant would agree that the Devils do a pretty nice job for a Mickey Mouse organization. ;)

DmBand801 07-12-2013 03:07 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14717964)
Ant would agree that the Devils do a pretty nice job for a Mickey Mouse organization. ;)

This Kovalchuk fiasco is totally karma for me making fun of the Flyers off season moves last week :lol:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 07-12-2013 03:27 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Well speaking of which, the Flyers have done a lot of good things so far. The only questionable signing, money wise, is Mark Streit. But consider this, everyone is giving the Penguins flack for their cap hell--but the cap after next season will continue to go up (until the next lockout). Yes, Mark Streit got a lot of money, but Holmgren needed a puck-moving defenseman. He certainly isn't/wasn't willing to part with Couturier or Schenn and so, the only available guy out there was Streit, who in my honest opinion, will fit in nicely with a very old Timonen, an inconsistent at times Coburn, and a young Gus.

The Lecavalier signing is great. I was on the fence about him, but after hearing his conference call, I'm confident he'll be a great locker room addition. Ray Emery is the diamond in the rough. He's adding stability in net there. I like Mason, but am unconvinced. His numbers with the Flyers were interesting to say the least. The team played great defensively after they started bringing in some of the younger guys. If Lavy can re-work that with the regulars, I think the Flyers are right up there with the other teams.

I still miss Jagr though.

swordo84 07-12-2013 09:38 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
This is some wild stuff. Good riddance Kovy.

fonzz41 07-12-2013 09:54 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 14717940)
Are you kidding me? The Devils are screwed this year. Kovalchuk didn't have the decency to tell them before free agency? That's bullshit.

This is what kind of irks me about the whole thing too. I get it if the guy has family reasons or whatever. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Obviously it was pretty important if he left what, like $70 something mil on the table (which, granted, he could probably still make in the KHL). But c'mon, Kovy, you couldn't have announced it one week earlier?

Yes, long term it does give the Devils a lot more maneuverability. This year will be tough. It will be a learning year. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Devs now make a solid run at Brunner or Grabovski.

TMoore4075 07-12-2013 10:13 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 14717945)
Yes obviously it hurts them the next couple years probably. In the long run they are much better off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 14718154)
This is what kind of irks me about the whole thing too. I get it if the guy has family reasons or whatever. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Obviously it was pretty important if he left what, like $70 something mil on the table (which, granted, he could probably still make in the KHL). But c'mon, Kovy, you couldn't have announced it one week earlier?

Yes, long term it does give the Devils a lot more maneuverability. This year will be tough. It will be a learning year. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Devs now make a solid run at Brunner or Grabovski.

Yeah long term they are better off. If he was thinking about it for a while he should have made a decision a couple weeks ago. Other than that he wanted to walk away it's his right and in a way he's doing the Devils a favor doing it now. He waits any longer and starts getting the big paychecks with low cap hits, it would hurt hem a lot more. So if he wanted to leave it's better for him to do it now rather than later. Lou really should have forfeited that pick in 2012.

swordo84 07-12-2013 10:22 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
@Proteautype Note to all Professional Hockey Writers' Association members: DO NOT VOTE FOR ILYA KOVALCHUK AT ANY POSITION ON THE 2013-14 ALL-STAR TEAM.

:lol :lol

bibby1044 07-12-2013 10:22 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
As if the whole kovy story wasn't crazy enough, he waits to long to tell the team, they miss out on using that coin in FA, now they could be a bottom 15 team and have no 1st rounder to minimize the blow because of the kovy deal in the first place haha damn. Glad the flyers didn't trade for him way back when (I really wanted them too when the devils got him).

bradshaw06 07-12-2013 10:55 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
What also sucks is the devils were the only team that got penalized for circumventing the cap. And now the guy walks away.

swordo84 07-12-2013 11:20 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Bruins re-sign (extend) Bergeron for 8 years.
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=677833

dmbwadeo 07-12-2013 11:30 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Do the Devils retain his NHL rights? He can't come back in 2 years and sign with Philly or something?

dduncan6er 07-12-2013 11:40 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Love the Bergeron deal. Fair cap hit and he's the captain in waiting. Hope he remains a Bruin the rest of his career.

DmBand801 07-12-2013 12:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14718235)
Yeah long term they are better off. If he was thinking about it for a while he should have made a decision a couple weeks ago. Other than that he wanted to walk away it's his right and in a way he's doing the Devils a favor doing it now. He waits any longer and starts getting the big paychecks with low cap hits, it would hurt hem a lot more. So if he wanted to leave it's better for him to do it now rather than later. Lou really should have forfeited that pick in 2012.

Lou went hard after forwards after losing Parise with the 2012 draft pick, which I couldn't fault the guy for. Hindsight is 20/20 regarding the 29th overall pick in 2012.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbwadeo (Post 14718548)
Do the Devils retain his NHL rights? He can't come back in 2 years and sign with Philly or something?

Per Devils beat writer Tom Gulitti:

Quote:

*For now, the Devils retain Kovalchuk’s NHL rights, but it’s kind of complicated and it’s not forever.

*If Kovalchuk chose to un-retire and try to return to the NHL at some point, per NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, there are rules “way too detailed for me to try to summarize.” One of them is that “for a certain period of time” Kovlachuk would have to get the permission of all 30 NHL teams to play in the league again.

lockman21 07-12-2013 12:59 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 14718276)
@Proteautype Note to all Professional Hockey Writers' Association members: DO NOT VOTE FOR ILYA KOVALCHUK AT ANY POSITION ON THE 2013-14 ALL-STAR TEAM.

:lol :lol

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Roose13 07-12-2013 01:33 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Just shattered my hopes and dreams of Bergeron in the orange and black :lol:lol

HallowBillies7 07-12-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 14718999)
Just shattered my hopes and dreams of Bergeron in the orange and black :lol:lol

Lol never! We won't let him go!

DmBand801 07-12-2013 04:20 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 3h
Sport-Express reported that Kovalchuk and SKA had the terms of his future deal agreed upon back in January. This was a prearranged move.




..........

dduncan6er 07-12-2013 04:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
What an asshole.

fonzz41 07-12-2013 04:34 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14719626)
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 3h
Sport-Express reported that Kovalchuk and SKA had the terms of his future deal agreed upon back in January. This was a prearranged move.




..........

Wow... Wow.

DmBand801 07-12-2013 04:55 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
My guess is that Lamoriello told him back in January that if he came back for the lockout shortened season, then he and the Devils wouldn't block Kovalchuk going back to Russia in the summer.

This whole thing is a disaster, and has [rightfully] turned Kovalchuk into the biggest traitor in the history of the NHL.

DmBand801 07-12-2013 11:01 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
http://www.mercurynews.com/sharks/ci...harknado-jokes


Amazing. Simply amazing :lol:lol

salrx95 07-13-2013 08:50 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14720625)

that's pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

Roose13 07-13-2013 11:09 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I saw that yesterday and simply smiled :lol

TMoore4075 07-15-2013 09:21 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14719749)
My guess is that Lamoriello told him back in January that if he came back for the lockout shortened season, then he and the Devils wouldn't block Kovalchuk going back to Russia in the summer.

This whole thing is a disaster, and has [rightfully] turned Kovalchuk into the biggest traitor in the history of the NHL.

If he knew, well if either him or Lou knew, back before lets say mid-June, then this is even dumber than before. Not sure the Devils do much but at least they have that cap space if they wanted. Clarkson was going to TO from the start it seems, Weiss was to Detroit or St Louis and I doubt Alfie goes to NJ. He leaves 2 weeks earlier I don't think this is as big of a deal. Sucks still but at least it isn't after everyone is signed up.

Does sound like Brunner is going to NJ though. For right around what Detroit was offering so clearly he wanted out. Wasn't going to be a top line guy at the start of the year with Pavel, Hank, Franzen, Alfie, Weiss and probably Abdelkader as your top 6 and he wanted that I'm guessing. Still he could have been on a great third line and had a great year and when Alfie retires be in the top 6 next year. He sounded like he was leaving after the post-playoff interviews but was hoping he'd want to stay. I guess ego can get in your way. He thought he was/is a top 6 forward and didn't like going to the third line. Too bad cause he was great there in the playoffs and getting him with Helm would be great.

lockman21 07-15-2013 10:15 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
So, Kovalchuck is eligible to return to the NHL as a UFA for the 2018-2019 season?

TMoore4075 07-15-2013 10:17 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Yeah I just read that. If he pulls that crap, that would be sad.

lockman21 07-15-2013 11:05 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14724493)
Yeah I just read that. If he pulls that crap, that would be sad.

He is already planning on it, apparently.

“Naturally, he plans to return to America and perform in the NHL. But the next [four] years he will play in Russia,” Arina Kovalchuk said.

Rebecca De Mornay 07-15-2013 11:10 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
That's so ridiculous, I can't belive she openly said that.

TMoore4075 07-15-2013 12:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Actually I can totally believe it. How many times have we had family members come out and say something like that? I'll believe it when I see it. He might have said he'd be open to going back in a few years and she took it like he was planning on it. Family members like their moment in the spotlight too.

lockman21 07-15-2013 12:11 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 14724662)
That's so ridiculous, I can't belive she openly said that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14724819)
Actually I can totally believe it. How many times have we had family members come out and say something like that? I'll believe it when I see it. He might have said he'd be open to going back in a few years and she took it like he was planning on it. Family members like their moment in the spotlight too.

So ridiculous.

I can't find the quote Tim, but he apparently said something along those lines too. That he just wanted to spend a couple years in Russia and wanted to come back after.

He's reportedly getting around $15 per year on this 4 year deal in the KHL.

TMoore4075 07-15-2013 12:21 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I just don't see why he'd come back. At 34 he'll still get more per year over there then he'll get here.

Rebecca De Mornay 07-15-2013 12:44 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14724886)
I just don't see why he'd come back. At 34 he'll still get more per year over there then he'll get here.

Probably for the sole purpose of sticking it to the devils.

He'll probably sign with the Rangers

TMoore4075 07-15-2013 12:57 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 14724969)
Probably for the sole purpose of sticking it to the devils.

He'll probably sign with the Rangers

And why would he do that? What does he have to stick it to the Devils over? At the end of his new KHL contract he'll still be property of the Devils at age 34 per the league. If he was truly wanting to screw over the Devils he would have gotten himself a 5 year contract so then he'd be able to come back as a UFA.

TMoore4075 07-15-2013 12:57 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14714508)
I'd love to see it. There was this documentary thing CBC did back in like 98 that showed part of it. I'll try to find it.

Found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqr17fSd8hw

Rebecca De Mornay 07-15-2013 01:02 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14725019)
And why would he do that? What does he have to stick it to the Devils over? At the end of his new KHL contract he'll still be property of the Devils at age 34 per the league. If he was truly wanting to screw over the Devils he would have gotten himself a 5 year contract so then he'd be able to come back as a UFA.

I see, I wasn't aware of that exact timeline.

Alazais 07-15-2013 05:24 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I don't understand the new arbitration rules. I was hoping someone could fill me in.


Fraser and Gunnarson have both filed for arbitration. I was reading today that if they arbitrator determines that they deserve a salary that is less than 3.5 million a year. They CAN'T Walk away from it? Does anyone know if this is true or specifically what the rules are?

Roose13 07-15-2013 05:53 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Welcome back Ron Hextall!!!

http://flyers.thecheckingline.com/bl...tant-gm-flyers

Bron Yr Aur 07-16-2013 12:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
I think it's pretty hilarious that people are so up-in-arms over this whole Kovalchuk thing. Long-term it is good for the Devils and if Lamariello ok'd Kovy to leave, then what's the issue?

But seriously, is anyone surprised? I mean clearly this is not the case with Kovy since he already got his deal before the lockout, but this is going to happen more and more if teams from other leagues are going to offer more $$ than the money offered by NHL owners....of course more Russian players are going to look to leave the NHL for a league that will pay them more money.

TMoore4075 07-16-2013 12:16 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
NHL:36 about Lidstrom was a suggestion on youtube so I watched part of it and it got me excited for next season already. Should have the schedule soon so at least that's getting us there.

I caved and ordered HBO the other night. I did it to watch the new season of The Newsroom but it also helped that NHL 24/7 will be happening again so I'll be able to watch that live as well.

lockman21 07-16-2013 01:12 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 14727680)
I think it's pretty hilarious that people are so up-in-arms over this whole Kovalchuk thing. Long-term it is good for the Devils and if Lamariello ok'd Kovy to leave, then what's the issue?

But seriously, is anyone surprised? I mean clearly this is not the case with Kovy since he already got his deal before the lockout, but this is going to happen more and more if teams from other leagues are going to offer more $$ than the money offered by NHL owners....of course more Russian players are going to look to leave the NHL for a league that will pay them more money.

You're the only one that thinks superstars leaving teams because of potential "long term" ramifications is a good thing. No one else does, because it's stupid to think that.

Rebecca De Mornay 07-16-2013 01:12 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 14727976)
You're the only one that thinks superstars leaving teams because of potential "long term" ramifications is a good thing. No one else does, because it's stupid to think that.

:lol:lol

Rebecca De Mornay 07-16-2013 01:14 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14727716)
NHL:36 about Lidstrom was a suggestion on youtube so I watched part of it and it got me excited for next season already. Should have the schedule soon so at least that's getting us there.

I caved and ordered HBO the other night. I did it to watch the new season of The Newsroom but it also helped that NHL 24/7 will be happening again so I'll be able to watch that live as well.

I don't know if this is interesting to anyone or not but on Friday I'm going to the CBJ season ticket holder "select-a-seat" event at which they give me the season schedule. So we should have it by then at the latest.

bonzo48280 07-16-2013 06:04 PM

The Hawks may have just traded Carcillo to LA. My. God.

TMoore4075 07-16-2013 06:30 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 14727988)
I don't know if this is interesting to anyone or not but on Friday I'm going to the CBJ season ticket holder "select-a-seat" event at which they give me the season schedule. So we should have it by then at the latest.

So all five of you should have a good time. Sorry had to.

bonzo48280 07-16-2013 07:27 PM

@JoeYerdonPHT: Official: Dan Carcillo to LA for a conditional 2015 pick.

Roose13 07-16-2013 07:33 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Flyers West :lol:lol

bradshaw06 07-16-2013 07:37 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
the conditional pick probably has more upside.

UCFish 07-16-2013 09:08 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14729109)
the conditional pick probably has more upside.

:lol:lol

lockman21 07-16-2013 10:49 PM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 14729109)
the conditional pick probably has more upside.

Patrick Kane's water bottle has more upside.

kev87lads 07-17-2013 12:50 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Since we're a kookie family in here. Much love to Matty and his family as they deal with a family loss. I'm sure he's toughing it out Adam Foote style. :)

DmBand801 07-17-2013 01:18 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 14729643)
Since we're a kookie family in here. Much love to Matty and his family as they deal with a family loss. I'm sure he's toughing it out Adam Foote style. :)

I had no idea, but I'm sorry, Matty.

TMoore4075 07-17-2013 09:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 14729643)
Since we're a kookie family in here. Much love to Matty and his family as they deal with a family loss. I'm sure he's toughing it out Adam Foote style. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14729674)
I had no idea, but I'm sorry, Matty.

Didn't even see it on Facebook. Probably cause I'm in bed as early as an old man. Thinking of you Matty.

kev87lads 07-17-2013 10:20 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
^ Yeah, he posted something on FB last night. Father-in-law.

fonzz41 07-17-2013 11:24 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 14729643)
Since we're a kookie family in here. Much love to Matty and his family as they deal with a family loss. I'm sure he's toughing it out Adam Foote style. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 14729674)
I had no idea, but I'm sorry, Matty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 14729889)
Didn't even see it on Facebook. Probably cause I'm in bed as early as an old man. Thinking of you Matty.

Many thanks, guys. My father-in-law collapsed on Saturday and died Monday evening. A very aggressive form of vascular cancer that we didn't know about until it hit.

We are indeed kind of a weird form of a family here, which is strange but awesome at the same time. We may never have met (and many of us probably never will), but hell, I communicate with you guys more than I do a lot of my family! I've developed some very true friendships here and I appreciate that.

And Kev, I'm sure Footer would NOT be impressed with my blubbering on Monday as we watched my father-in-law pass. Not impressive at all. Foote would've cross-checked the cancer right in the teeth, called it every curse word in the book as it was falling to the ice, then punched it a few times in the head as it was lying there defenseless.

dmbetc 07-17-2013 11:46 AM

Re: The NHL 2013-14 Thread
 
:hug :hug Matty.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.