Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

dmbmuskie 04-02-2012 09:58 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Your sporting history starts when you are old enough to understand what happened. If I cared about baseball I'm sure I'd love to pretend the Pirates have a hand full of World Series titles, but all I know of them is failure, which is something Philly can relate too.

DMBzilla 04-02-2012 10:13 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484559)
Your sporting history starts when you are old enough to understand what happened. If I cared about baseball I'm sure I'd love to pretend the Pirates have a hand full of World Series titles, but all I know of them is failure, which is something Philly can relate too.

Ignoring history is stupid. The Steelers won two-thirds of their titles prior to 1980, but that still didn't stop fans born after that date from touting "one for the thumb" and all that when they won in 2005.

If someone is too feeble minded to learn and respect the history of their team, that's a shame.

Bron Yr Aur 04-02-2012 10:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
The last handful of pages of this thread makes it pretty clear that in the battle between Pens and Flyers fans, no one wins, and we all become much, much more stupid for having witnessed it.

JRS1386 04-02-2012 10:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
The more I think about it the more I think this thread is going to suck come playoff time with these awesome debates we have going on

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 11:00 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
At least we're not talking about the Western Conference.

JRS1386 04-02-2012 11:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Always a plus

kev87lads 04-02-2012 11:10 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Lollercaps.

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 11:12 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484897)
At least we're not talking about the Western Conference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 13484961)
Lollercaps.

at the end of the day i think these are things we can all agree on

~Crashintome89~ 04-02-2012 11:13 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
And it's not like we hate each other, right?

Right?!?!?

JRS1386 04-02-2012 11:15 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Depends on who the we are? I hate Brohan that's for sure

bradshaw06 04-02-2012 11:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484983)
And it's not like we hate each other, right?

Right?!?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 13485005)
Depends on who the we are? I hate Brohan that's for sure

:thumbsup:thumbsup

monkeyman68 04-03-2012 12:34 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 13483940)
I think its more that he is the 'biggest' one because the cameras and media are focused on him much more. you know how many times ive seen giroux do the exact same shit and complain to the refs? just as much as crosby, but no one talks about him, the media doesnt focus on him or anyone else.

Yinzer Bias

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13483975)
Oh sure, since the cameras are always on Sid we see just him mouthing off to the refs, and not anyone else.

Give me a break. Guy has been doing this since his first day in the NHL. Give the self-entitlement crap a rest and play the game.

You have done a complete 180 since '10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484004)
Pens have had the best player in the game for the majority of the last 30 years. That rattles people.

Can you imagine the outrage today when Lemieux two handed the guy from the Caps in the playoffs? He'd be a cancer surviving pussy.

Who cares? I honestly don't think anyone cares about this. I bet those Red Wings fans are so rattled by the Pens superstars :rolleyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484497)
If Philly had Sid, he'd be bigger than Rocky. Too bad your stars never measure up to ours.

Yinzer trash talk fail

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484534)
But like I said, it is all about the Cups.

I disagree with this. Are the NYI really a better franchise than the Flyers or the Pens? Are the Blackhawks a better franchise than the Pens?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13484540)
Pens would still be up 3-1. No one saw the Flyers win.

Typical Yinzer logic

dmbmuskie 04-03-2012 12:36 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Yinzer Logic >Thinking Rocky Matters

monkeyman68 04-03-2012 12:38 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 13485536)
Yinzer Logic >Thinking Rocky Matters

Rocky > Mario + Jagr + Cindy + Horse Face Russian

lockman21 04-03-2012 12:46 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13484859)
The last handful of pages of this thread makes it pretty clear that in the battle between Pens and Flyers fans, no one wins, and we all become much, much more stupid for having witnessed it.

We're guaranteed one of this thread's largest fanbases is eliminated after the first round, and it will be a blood bath. I love it.

Meanwhile, go Oilers!

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 12:50 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeyman68 (Post 13485528)
Yinzer Bias



You have done a complete 180 since '10

In regards to what? Crosby? I have never denied his skill. Maybe in times when my emotion has been inflamed I may have said he sucks, but that's understandable. He is a fantastic player who deserves great respect. However, it is his on-ice attitude that makes very few Of his detractors actually come out and give him such praise.

monkeyman68 04-03-2012 12:58 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13485611)
In regards to what? Crosby? I have never denied his skill. Maybe in times when my emotion has been inflamed I may have said he sucks, but that's understandable. He is a fantastic player who deserves great respect. However, it is his on-ice attitude that makes very few Of his detractors actually come out and give him such praise.

In '10 you said that he had matured and he wasn't Cindy Crybaby anymore

efraser77 04-03-2012 01:08 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 13484859)
The last handful of pages of this thread makes it pretty clear that in the battle between Pens and Flyers fans, no one wins, and we all become much, much more stupid for having witnessed it.

This.

Also, I'm with Chris. Go Oil!

DMBCubs25 04-03-2012 01:23 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I think we can all unanimously agree that we fucking hate that amateur, no-talent poser Brohan.

unccrombie 04-03-2012 01:45 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
where the hell can i get a custom NYR authentic home jersey? sure as fuck not their website.

lockman21 04-03-2012 01:50 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 13485783)
where the hell can i get a custom NYR authentic home jersey? sure as fuck not their website.

Blank one - take it to your local hockey shop and have them stitch on a name plate/numbers.

Done.

lockman21 04-03-2012 01:51 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
That's how I did it with this beauty -

http://yfrog.com/kft24chj

wampa3 04-03-2012 09:35 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Man, I feel like the pens-flyers fans need some sort of grand Ozymandius plan and find a common enemy that we can rally against. I hate the Flyers and love the pens myself, but this is just getting tiring.

And to what Chad said earlier, if the Flyers win the cup this year, I would have no qualms saying they are the better team cause at that point it would be fact. while history of teams is great and all, I prefer to focus on the more current status of organizations.

For example, ND is one of the best CFB organizations in the world, but haven't done shit for almost 25 years. I would not consider them to be better than most teams at this point. BTW, speaking of self entitlement, ND has got to be the worst in all of sports IMO, but I digress...

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 10:11 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Notre Dame is horrible. They haven't been relevant since that hobbit kid played on their team.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:02 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484897)
At least we're not talking about the Western Conference.

Yeah, haha, at least we're not talking about the -- HEY!!!!

Also, since the Avs are all but out, I'm taking nominations for which team I should root for to go all the way. I love the St. Louis Cinderella story and may go for them, but I've always had some Penguin love ever since I first watched Jim Paek. I might throw my hat in just so I can let loose in the crap fest that is the Pens/Flyers rivalry in here :lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13484983)
And it's not like we hate each other, right?

Right?!?!?

I hate every last one of you. Especially you.




;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13485807)
Blank one - take it to your local hockey shop and have them stitch on a name plate/numbers.

Done.

:thumbsup. The Derek Roy Hawks jersey Chris had made up will be a rare collectible one day.

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:13 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486275)
Yeah, haha, at least we're not talking about the -- HEY!!!!

Also, since the Avs are all but out, I'm taking nominations for which team I should root for to go all the way. I love the St. Louis Cinderella story and may go for them, but I've always had some Penguin love ever since I first watched Jim Paek. I might throw my hat in just so I can let loose in the crap fest that is the Pens/Flyers rivalry in here :lol


:thumbsup. The Derek Roy Hawks jersey Chris had made up will be a rare collectible one day.

Well unless my Wings are able to just flip a switch, like they did in 09, I might need a team to cheer for soon. I always go for the underdog or teams that haven't won it ever or for a while. So will not be going for the Hawks, Bruins or Pens. Hate the Canucks so that would take them out. So guess that leaves the Blues in the West really cause I don't see LA going too far, although could cause trouble, and Nashville, man could that be a ratings killer for the NHL.

In the East...screw em.

Yeah that Derek Roy jersey with Bobby Hull's number he was gonna get would be a collectible for sure.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:17 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486331)
Well unless my Wings are able to just flip a switch, like they did in 09, I might need a team to cheer for soon. I always go for the underdog or teams that haven't won it ever or for a while. So will not be going for the Hawks, Bruins or Pens. Hate the Canucks so that would take them out. So guess that leaves the Blues in the West really cause I don't see LA going too far, although could cause trouble, and Nashville, man could that be a ratings killer for the NHL.

After I posted I thought of Nashville as well. Definitely a ratings killer, but would cheer for them just because I respect the heck out of Trotz and have a continuing man crush on Shea Weber.

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:18 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486341)
After I posted I thought of Nashville as well. Definitely a ratings killer, but would cheer for them just because I respect the heck out of Trotz and have a continuing man crush on Shea Weber.

If the Preds fall to 6th I'll root for them but that's it.

aeroshady 04-03-2012 11:20 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486331)
Well unless my Wings are able to just flip a switch, like they did in 09, I might need a team to cheer for soon. I always go for the underdog or teams that haven't won it ever or for a while. So will not be going for the Hawks, Bruins or Pens. Hate the Canucks so that would take them out. So guess that leaves the Blues in the West really cause I don't see LA going too far, although could cause trouble, and Nashville, man could that be a ratings killer for the NHL.

In the East...screw em.

Yeah that Derek Roy jersey with Bobby Hull's number he was gonna get would be a collectible for sure.

Western teams suck to watch. Screw them.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:22 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 13486353)
Western teams suck to watch. Screw them.

We love our bush league, amateur hockey out here. Screw you!






;)

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 11:22 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486341)
After I posted I thought of Nashville as well. Definitely a ratings killer, but would cheer for them just because I respect the heck out of Trotz and have a continuing man crush on Shea Weber.

Yea if Nashville is in the cup against an Eastern conference team besides the Bruins I can't say I'd be clearing my schedule to watch it. Their style of play is pretty boring imo.

aeroshady 04-03-2012 11:25 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486365)
We love our bush league, amateur hockey out here. Screw you!






;)

Haha I was just pointing out How ridiculous it is to say "east...screw em."

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:27 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 13486375)
Haha I was just pointing out How ridiculous it is to say "east...screw em."

We're pretty obnoxious around here, just the way it is. :D Tim is far from being serious... or is he?

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:30 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486388)
We're pretty obnoxious around here, just the way it is. :D Tim is far from being serious... or is he?

Not at all serious. Just giving some crap back to the all the East peeps. They forget they were the JV conference for a while there.

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 11:31 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I would watch a Nashville SC just to be hypnotized by Shea Weber's beard.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:31 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486403)
Not at all serious. Just giving some crap back to the all the East peeps.

We bush leaguers are in the minority, have to stand strong and pick our battles against the tyrannic rule of the EC fans.

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:32 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13486408)
I would watch a Nashville SC just to be hypnotized by Shea Weber's beard.

You mean Grizzly Adams?

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:32 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13486408)
I would watch a Nashville SC just to be hypnotized by Shea Weber's beard.

Now THAT is something Crosby probably cries about.

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:34 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486416)
Now THAT is something Crosby probably cries about.

LOL who was it in here that compared to someone who would have shown up on To Catch a Predator? It looks bad. If that was me I don't think I would grow a beard for the playoffs.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:39 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486420)
LOL who was it in here that compared to someone who would have shown up on To Catch a Predator? It looks bad. If that was me I don't think I would grow a beard for the playoffs.

The guy is 26 years old and he's putting men all over the world to shame. It was a monstrosity after the first round. He would have to start tucking it into his sweater if they made it to the SCF.

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:43 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I might do the beard a thon this year this year. I'm not quite to Weber's stature but I can grow a beard pretty fast. Now do I do a beard or just to goatee? Beard can get itchy.

wampa3 04-03-2012 11:44 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
can't read the phrase "screw em" in a hockey thread without hearing it in Kurt Russel's "Herb Brooks" voice

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:46 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486461)
I might do the beard a thon this year this year. I'm not quite to Weber's stature but I can grow a beard pretty fast. Now do I do a beard or just to goatee? Beard can get itchy.

Do it. You can post picture updates from time to time and we'll compare to Weber's. Beard is preferable, but depending on Mrs. Moore's opinions of facial hair, goatee might keep the love life going a bit better. We both know what having kids already does to it.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 11:48 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13486471)
can't read the phrase "screw em" in a hockey thread without hearing it in Kurt Russel's "Herb Brooks" voice

:lol:lol :thumbsup

"A bump on the leg is a hell of a long way from the heart, candy ass."

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 11:49 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486461)
I might do the beard a thon this year this year. I'm not quite to Weber's stature but I can grow a beard pretty fast. Now do I do a beard or just to goatee? Beard can get itchy.

You have to do a beard, are you kidding me? If your loved ones don't understand than screw 'em.

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 11:51 AM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486477)
Do it. You can post picture updates from time to time and we'll compare to Weber's. Beard is preferable, but depending on Mrs. Moore's opinions of facial hair, goatee might keep the love life going a bit better. We both know what having kids already does to it.

She doesn't like the goatee so might as well go all out imo. Not like that will change much in the love life department. lol

The positive about the whole beard is that it's actually less shaving. When you do a goatee you have to shave more frequently otherwise it looks crappy.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 12:00 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 13486503)
She doesn't like the goatee so might as well go all out imo. Not like that will change much in the love life department. lol

The positive about the whole beard is that it's actually less shaving. When you do a goatee you have to shave more frequently otherwise it looks crappy.

:lol So true. My buddy (who has a wife and child) just played a pretty bad April Fool's joke on his wife. I told him if he went through with it he wasn't going to get anything for a while. He just said, "meh, it's not like I get any anyway." :lol

But again, if you go through with this, pics must be posted so we can compare to Weber the Great.

OR, we could hold an Ants NHL thread beard-a-thon, all post pics, and appoint a winner at the end of the playoffs.

efraser77 04-03-2012 12:19 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486532)
:lol So true. My buddy (who has a wife and child) just played a pretty bad April Fool's joke on his wife. I told him if he went through with it he wasn't going to get anything for a while. He just said, "meh, it's not like I get any anyway." :lol

But again, if you go through with this, pics must be posted so we can compare to Weber the Great.

OR, we could hold an Ants NHL thread beard-a-thon, all post pics, and appoint a winner at the end of the playoffs.

What about those of us who have one already? Not allowed to groom anymore? :lol:freak

Speaking of not getting any...

fonzz41 04-03-2012 12:21 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by efraser77 (Post 13486616)
what about those of us who have one already? Not allowed to groom anymore? :lol:freak

speaking of not getting any...

no groom for you!!!

fonzz41 04-03-2012 12:49 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
And hey, how about Stamkos' race for 60?! In today's NHL, getting to 50 is a feat... would be awesome to see him hit that mark.

I know the Lightning are a non-playoff team, but awfully tough to leave Stamkos out of Hart talks. They're already bad enough, to think where TBL would be without him...

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 12:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I wish NBC would be more about rotating these games at this time of year. Buffalo and TO has playoff implications. Pens/Bruins doesn't other than seeding.

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 12:56 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
You don't want to watch Marty Turco on national TV?

TMoore4075 04-03-2012 01:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I just want to see a game that means something. Buffalo is desperate so could be a good game.

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 01:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Drinking game should consist of three things:

1. How many mentions of Sunday's game.

2. Mention of Flyers.

3. Shot of Crosby.

4. ???????

5. You're dead. Get someone to call the morgue.

unccrombie 04-03-2012 01:15 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 13485807)
Blank one - take it to your local hockey shop and have them stitch on a name plate/numbers.

Done.

they don't even have the Home blues for sale in authentic. it's absurd.

wampa3 04-03-2012 01:45 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Looks like NBC made Milbury apologize for his comments

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...163552336.html

I really wish he didn't even bother to be honest. Everybody knows the only reason he's sorry about the comments is because his boss got pissed off at him for it. I would rather see him just bask in his douchebaggary and keep making these nonsensical comments until he's thrown off the network.

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 01:49 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 13487058)
Looks like NBC made Milbury apologize for his comments

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...163552336.html

I really wish he didn't even bother to be honest. Everybody knows the only reason he's sorry about the comments is because his boss got pissed off at him for it. I would rather see him just bask in his douchebaggary and keep making these nonsensical comments until he's thrown off the network.

I don't get why he should have to apologize for the comments. He's doing what they pay him to do which is speak his mind.

wampa3 04-03-2012 01:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13487072)
I don't get why he should have to apologize for the comments. He's doing what they pay him to do which is speak his mind.

Yeah, but not at the expense of the credibility of the network. Don't think they were too pleased about remarks that could be taken as sexist and with no regard for the seriousness of concussions.

Then again, they still pay him knowing that he likes to beat up 12 year olds.

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 01:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
If he says that about almost any other player in the game its not a big deal. He said shit like that about the Sedins every night of the finals last year and no one even batted an eye.

wampa3 04-03-2012 02:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dduncan6er (Post 13487108)
If he says that about almost any other player in the game its not a big deal. He said shit like that about the Sedins every night of the finals last year and no one even batted an eye.

I don't remember to be honest. I've seen him say a ton of dumb shit, but not something like making light of people with concussions. That's what struck me the most as being in poor taste.

What if he said something like that about Savard?

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 02:07 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Is Savard out there on the ice slashing players and stirring shit up? Last time I checked he's struggling with simple day to day tasks.

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 02:09 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
And for the record I think the concussion comment was out of line. I didn't hear that part until I read the article. But I have no issue with anything else he said. I don't agree with it all but he gets paid to speak his mind.

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 02:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
NBC should just get rid of him. In complete seriousness, what do they expect from a guy who has run an organization down to the ground, beat a man with a shoe, and threatens young boys?

Utterly ridiculous.

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 02:12 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I hope nbc does fire him. I'd love to have him back on nesn on a regular basis.

fryer98 04-03-2012 02:16 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486777)
And hey, how about Stamkos' race for 60?! In today's NHL, getting to 50 is a feat... would be awesome to see him hit that mark.

I know the Lightning are a non-playoff team, but awfully tough to leave Stamkos out of Hart talks. They're already bad enough, to think where TBL would be without him...

Still out of the playoffs. :)

I just don't think a non-play off player should win the Hart except in a very rare case, like outscoring the league by 30...40...points. 60 goals is a feat but it doesn't put him in the "rare case" category for me.

wampa3 04-03-2012 02:18 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I think Crosby dishes out as much as he gets. Does he start some of it himself? Sure, sometimes. But plenty of the stuff happens out of retaliation as well. I don't think it's any secret that he plays with a certain edge. But nowhere near a degree to vilify him IMO.

In regards to his other comments, I could care less really. He was shooting shit with an opposing fan base and pandering to what they wanted to hear and I get that. The points that he was trying to get across is nothing new or harmful. The way he went about them though was less than classy though. He just came off as jack ass, which he is, IMO.

fonzz41 04-03-2012 02:21 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fryer98 (Post 13487213)
Still out of the playoffs. :)

I just don't think a non-play off player should win the Hart except in a very rare case, like outscoring the league by 30...40...points. 60 goals is a feat but it doesn't put him in the "rare case" category for me.

In today's NHL I certainly think it does. The Hart is to be awarded, as I'm sure you already know, to the player who is deemed most important to his team, playoffs or not. To think of where the Lightning would be without Stamkos is laughable.

For the record, my Hart vote goes to Malkin. But Stamkos certainly deserves consideration.

My Hart votes would go to Malkin, Stamkos, and Lundqvist. And Dan Carcillo.

fryer98 04-03-2012 02:34 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13487242)
In today's NHL I certainly think it does. The Hart is to be awarded, as I'm sure you already know, to the player who is deemed most important to his team, playoffs or not. To think of where the Lightning would be without Stamkos is laughable.

For the record, my Hart vote goes to Malkin. But Stamkos certainly deserves consideration.

My Hart votes would go to Malkin, Stamkos, and Lundqvist. And Dan Carcillo.

The playoff/non-playoff team is an endless debate that has no right answer.

Same with another debate that you bring up by saying Lundqvist on your Hart list. The goalies have the Vezina, should they be able to win the Hart too? I think they should. I'm guessing you think they should by stating him on that last. There's a lot of people that don't think the same though.

Nice Carcillo mention too. :lol

fonzz41 04-03-2012 02:38 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fryer98 (Post 13487327)
The playoff/non-playoff team is an endless debate that has no right answer.

Same with another debate that you bring up by saying Lundqvist on your Hart list. The goalies have the Vezina, should they be able to win the Hart too? I think they should. I'm guessing you think they should by stating him on that last. There's a lot of people that don't think the same though.

Nice Carcillo mention too. :lol

You're right, there probably is no correct answer. Oh well.

I'm with you in that ANY player should be eligible to win the Hart, as the criteria for the award implies. I would even throw a d-man like Weber into my top 5.

Or just Weber's beard. Actually, that would get my vote for Conn Smythe

DmBand801 04-03-2012 03:45 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 13486777)
And hey, how about Stamkos' race for 60?! In today's NHL, getting to 50 is a feat... would be awesome to see him hit that mark.

I know the Lightning are a non-playoff team, but awfully tough to leave Stamkos out of Hart talks. They're already bad enough, to think where TBL would be without him...

You know what's crazy? only 2 of Stamkos' 58 goals have been into an empty net.

Unreal.

fryer98 04-03-2012 04:11 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmBand801 (Post 13487758)
You know what's crazy? only 2 of Stamkos' 58 goals have been into an empty net.

Unreal.

While looking for ENG stats, I saw that he's only taken 4 shoot out attempts this year. And only scored on 1 of those. So, I looked on to find that TBL were in a league low (tied with Calgary) 6 shootouts. They were 3-3. Calgary was 0-6.

Ok, I'm done with useless stats....for now! :BANG

fryer98 04-03-2012 04:14 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I lied!

ENG goal stats for anyone that cares: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...viewName=goals

M. Michalek leads the league with 5.

cry_minarets458 04-03-2012 08:08 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
1.) I can watch the Pens game tonight. So excited!

2.) Hoping the Flyers (can't believe I'm saying it) and Pens win tonight. I'd love to see this race for the #1 seed tighten up.

dduncan6er 04-03-2012 08:09 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
The Pens should win this one fairly easily tonight. Turco is in net and the Bruins are also playing an undrafted college free agent on defense that they just signed the other day.

coyne 04-03-2012 08:49 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
lol flyboys

lockman21 04-03-2012 08:51 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
I know I've already complained about this enough, but this year's "Because it's the Cup" is terrible. Maybe the past couple years set the bar too high, I don't know, but usually, I get chills from most of these commercials, ESPECIALLY Blackhawks ones...this year? Nothing. Not even this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onitfcdvxlQ

s0628711 04-03-2012 08:52 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Bryzgalolololololov

cry_minarets458 04-03-2012 08:52 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
really flyers? wow

cry_minarets458 04-03-2012 08:54 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Crosby, great shot!

lockman21 04-03-2012 08:55 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Really Buffalo? The Caps lay an egg for you and the LEAFS put up a 3 spot in the first period? REALLY? They don't deserve the playoffs.

xxdmbxx250 04-03-2012 09:02 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Even w bryz in goal, flyers are pathetic in first!!

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 09:38 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
comeback!!

cry_minarets458 04-03-2012 09:41 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
typical pens. blow your multigoal lead and have nothing in the 2nd period.

s0628711 04-03-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13489070)
comeback!!

:lol. Stay classy philadelphia.

lockman21 04-03-2012 09:42 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Dallas and Phoenix wins would be nice for us. Don't want LA in the first round.

xxdmbxx250 04-03-2012 09:47 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13489070)
comeback!!

You were saying?....

Is this February Bryz tonight, not March?

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 09:48 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxdmbxx250 (Post 13489109)
You were saying?....

Is this February Bryz tonight, not March?

Bryz is still hurt. None of the goals have been really his fault.

Refs have been completely inconsistent tonight.

s0628711 04-03-2012 09:51 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
If bryz is still hurt why is he playing? You sure he's not just lost in the woods?

Bernie41 04-03-2012 09:52 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13489116)
Bryz is still hurt. None of the goals have been really his fault.

Refs have been completely inconsistent tonight.

The refs have missed calls on both sides though, I just hope they keep this game in contol... Neither team needs their players getting hurt before the playoffs.

xxdmbxx250 04-03-2012 09:53 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13489116)
Bryz is still hurt. None of the goals have been really his fault.

Refs have been completely inconsistent tonight.

Damn chipped foot.... Ah see you don't see that online. Darn it, why do the reds have to be unfair at home?? Waaaa

lockman21 04-03-2012 09:57 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13489116)
Bryz is still hurt. None of the goals have been really his fault.

Refs have been completely inconsistent tonight.

Why the hell is he in net then?

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2012 09:59 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernie41 (Post 13489133)
The refs have missed calls on both sides though, I just hope they keep this game in contol... Neither team needs their players getting hurt before the playoffs.

The refs need to keep this game under control.

A phantom boarding call on Schenn and a high-sticking penalty on Talbot when he's double teamed. Nice.

s0628711 04-03-2012 10:01 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
And staal deserved the holding? How about the interference call behind the net? C'mon man.

unccrombie 04-03-2012 10:05 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
when do playoff tickets go on sale?

s0628711 04-03-2012 10:06 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
For the rangers, I believe it's Thursday.

Bernie41 04-03-2012 10:06 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 13489146)
The refs need to keep this game under control.

A phantom boarding call on Schenn and a high-sticking penalty on Talbot when he's double teamed. Nice.

Phantom boarding call? He hit our defenseman when it was clearly icing, your not allowed to do that, they call that almost every single time that was just a dumb penalty. He made the call on Talbot because he got his stick up on Richards. Lets be honest the flyers always pull this shit when they are losing big time, they're frustrated they can't beat the Rangers so the refs need to keep it in control or its going to be cheap shot city.

Bernie41 04-03-2012 10:07 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by s0628711 (Post 13489174)
For the rangers, I believe it's Thursday.

It's tomorrow

bradshaw06 04-03-2012 10:09 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Lollerletangdive

Bernie41 04-03-2012 10:10 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Speaking of INCONSISTENT why does Bickel get a double minor and Simmons doesnt? No more complaining flyer fans....

K3nTaKa0s 04-03-2012 10:10 PM

Re: NHL 2011/2012 Thread
 
Yessssssssssssssssssss.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by antsmarching.org.