Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 01-25-2018 07:43 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16990800)
Yea, that was goalie interference easily. Anisimov was hooking & fell into the goalie unprovoked from his teammate

It is not hooking when you are in a blue paint scrum tough. Also, if you watch again you will see that it is #46 and #2 white who make contact with Anisimov, Hartman (#38 red) skates behind the net and Schmaltz (#8 red) goes to the left of the net and puts the puck in prior to Anisimov falling on the goalie.

Brohan_Santana 01-25-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16991147)
It is not hooking when you are in a blue paint scrum tough. Also, if you watch again you will see that it is #46 and #2 white who make contact with Anisimov, Hartman (#38 red) skates behind the net and Schmaltz (#8 red) goes to the left of the net and puts the puck in prior to Anisimov falling on the goalie.

Idk what else to say than Anisimov has his stick holding back the goalies shoulder. I thought that would be hooking, either way itís interference

Lcsulla 01-25-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16991150)
Idk what else to say than Anisimov has his stick holding back the goalies shoulder. I thought that would be hooking, either way it’s interference

Tough to really tell who did what with their sticks from that particular angle, everyone is hacking away. Also, regarding Anderson's stick last night during the game I was watching the national broadcast who all remarked that Anderson probably makes that save if he had his stick - they have a ton of replays so I guessing Anderson lost his stick in the fray or it was knocked out of his hands - you just cannot see it from that angle. Maybe a side or front view would be better but who cares, Hawks lost anyhow.

Brohan_Santana 01-25-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16991159)
Tough to really tell who did what with their sticks from that particular angle, everyone is hacking away. Also, regarding Anderson's stick last night during the game I was watching the national broadcast who all remarked that Anderson probably makes that save if he had his stick - they have a ton of replays so I guessing Anderson lost his stick in the fray or it was knocked out of his hands - you just cannot see it from that angle. Maybe a side or front view would be better but who cares, Hawks lost anyhow.

Itís a small play from a regular season game, I wouldnít make a big deal. Be top 50% and make noise in the playoffs where thereís much more leverage

~Crashintome89~ 01-25-2018 11:15 PM

Man, the Flyers did not want to play tonight.

Lcsulla 01-25-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16991178)
Itís a small play from a regular season game, I wouldnít make a big deal. Be top 50% and make noise in the playoffs where thereís much more leverage

I agree completely, one game at a time. They played damn well tonight beating DET 5-1. Good way to go into the all star break. Nice to see DeBrincat get a hattie in his hometown! Liking the DDT (DeBrincat, DuClair, Toews) line and we all know anyone on a line with Kane is dangerous. They need to keep playing this way, string together a nice winning streak and be right back into the mix and hopefully get Crawford back sometime relatively soon. They make the playoffs all bets are off because well - anything can happen in the playoffs and the Hawks have a lot of guys with a lot of postseason experience that should help. Gotta keep the hopes alive man! :)

Brohan_Santana 01-25-2018 11:38 PM

Hey Phlyers Phanz, I need some help to proclaim about being first place in the Metro going into the All Star break!! Can you bring some proclamation to help the Caps?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Crashintome89~ 01-25-2018 11:39 PM

You're more than halfway to another President's Trophy.

Alazais 01-26-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16991320)

This chirp brought me joy.

Brohan_Santana 01-26-2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16991320)

Well this isnít not close to being true by any stretch

mr.MikeD 01-26-2018 12:53 AM

Goaltender interference review is just a coin toss right, like they don’t even look at the footage?

Lcsulla 01-26-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16991352)
Well this isnít not close to being true by any stretch

Agreed, I think either Vegas or Tampa Bay will win that trophy.

Brohan_Santana 01-26-2018 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16991374)
Agreed, I think either Vegas or Tampa Bay will win that trophy.

Well I think you hit one of them.

Lightning is the best team

Brohan_Santana 01-26-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16988675)
Seriously, they have been playing so well as of late. 3rd in Metro!

Did you enjoy being in 3rd for all of 3 days?

Lcsulla 01-26-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16991382)
Well I think you hit one of them.

Yeah, I think Tampa is the most talented and deep team in the league and they will be even better once Hedman comes off IR. That said, in regards to Vegas - at this point they are certainly the 'feel good' story of the year. I thought initially they'd go on a roll but drop back to earth in a month or so but they have defied all the odds so far so nothing they do going FWD would surprise me that much and if they keep clicking I can see them making a nice run into the postseason.

fonzz41 01-26-2018 07:13 PM

For all you that get boners (including you, Sarah) from watching good defensive plays, I give you Sam Girard (main return from the Duchene trade):

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNHL/sta...31842929090560

EDIT: 19 years old, BTW

Roose13 01-26-2018 07:55 PM

I love how rattled Beohan gets over the Flyers of all teams to the point where he shit talks well after we stopped caring.

dmbetc 01-26-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16992129)
For all you that get boners (including you, Sarah) from watching good defensive plays, I give you Sam Girard (main return from the Duchene trade):

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNHL/sta...31842929090560

EDIT: 19 years old, BTW

Will go straight for Girard

Lcsulla 01-27-2018 11:06 PM

Wonder if the Caps have a banner ready to raise for Ovie winning the hardest shot competition! :)

fonzz41 01-28-2018 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16992183)
Will go straight for Girard

You wonít regret it.

barbogast 01-28-2018 09:30 AM

So Brad Marchand is currently serving yet another suspension for picking a man’s head and yet the nhl is still allowing him to participate in the ASG plus they’re running promos on Facebook of him with a parrot? What in the good fuck is wrong with this league

barbogast 01-28-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16992771)
Wonder if the Caps have a banner ready to raise for Ovie winning the hardest shot competition! :)

Oh buddy itís gonna the biggest and best banner of them all. Itíll be yuge!

JRS1386 01-28-2018 09:54 AM

Happy birthday to the greatest man with the most wives. Happy birthday, Matty!

fonzz41 01-28-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16992842)
Happy birthday to the greatest man with the most wives. Happy birthday, Matty!

Thanks man! Iím grateful for the friendship weíve all developed here over the years.

And dude, the gals said theyíve received your multiple suggestions regarding them making and selling a calendar. Theyíll get back to you if anything comes of it.

daveshookme 01-28-2018 02:22 PM

Went to a great D1 game last night, RPI/Union. RPI looked every bit of a 3 win team for the first half and then woke the fuck up and made it a game. 4-3 union, after it started 4-0. Exciting game for sure.

Lcsulla 01-28-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16992828)
So Brad Marchand is currently serving yet another suspension for picking a manís head and yet the nhl is still allowing him to participate in the ASG plus theyíre running promos on Facebook of him with a parrot? What in the good fuck is wrong with this league

Yeah, I was trying to figure that one out too, made no sense how much attention he kept getting from the media.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16992829)
Oh buddy itís gonna the biggest and best banner of them all. Itíll be yuge!

Was great to see him crack 100 too, also nice to see someone other than Chaara or Weber win for the first time in years. Skills competition was fun all around. Pietrangelo, Gaudreau, Boeser and Fleury all put on shows while McDavid again showed off his speed. The frustration of guys like Karlsson, Doughty and Kucherov was so apparent as to be laughable. That was just fun to watch in general.

dmbetc 01-28-2018 03:40 PM

Happy birthday Matty!!!

Do any of your wives need a wife? Lemme know, I can take one off your hands.

You’re great man, I hope you have a wonderful day with the family.

~Crashintome89~ 01-28-2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16992828)
So Brad Marchand is currently serving yet another suspension for picking a manís head and yet the nhl is still allowing him to participate in the ASG plus theyíre running promos on Facebook of him with a parrot? What in the good fuck is wrong with this league

:lol :lol :lol

~Crashintome89~ 01-28-2018 05:04 PM

Happy birthday to a #top250 poster in this thread.

dmbetc 01-28-2018 05:05 PM

Oh my god that national anthem. Yikes.

Why so all country singers for the anthems? Hockey does not equal country.