Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

kev87lads 05-15-2014 06:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

I think I'm rooting for the Habs.....

TMoore4075 05-15-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15329319)
They wouldnt buyout neal or letang. They could get something for both of them. Scuds can't be compliance bought out. Fleury is the best option for it, but that wont happen.

Agreed. Trade MAF though and sign a cheaper veteran? Or do they wait it out and see how he is next year? Problem with that is, if you wait past the deadline and just trade his rights, you get nothing compared to what you can now.

DMBstandUP1984 05-15-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 15329204)
Literally worse than a guy who tried to make the Jews extinct?

cheap shot > Genocide

duh

DMBstandUP1984 05-15-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 15329194)
Marchand, chara and krecji for Crosby.

I rather have Malkin

aeroshady 05-15-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 15329340)

Said no one ever....

Because if they did it would be in French.

fonzz41 05-15-2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15329319)
They wouldnt buyout neal or letang. They could get something for both of them. Scuds can't be compliance bought out. Fleury is the best option for it, but that wont happen.

Agreed. Someone would pay (handsomely) for either of them. We bash on guys like them for various reasons, but the fact of the matter is, they are skilled NHL players and bigger names who teams (especially in smaller markets) would love to have on their rosters.

BotheLaneFan 05-15-2014 07:20 AM

Love those Habs. Would very much like them to be the team the Hawks beat in the Finals.

rickyh24 05-15-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo(w)theDropsFan (Post 15329405)
Love those Habs. Would very much like them to be the team the Hawks beat in the Finals.

You would love Canada.

TMoore4075 05-15-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15329381)
Said no one ever....

Quote:

Je pense que je suis d'enracinement pour les Canadiens .....

There you go.

BotheLaneFan 05-15-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 15329458)
You would love Canada.

I'm all for Quebecois secession.

TMoore4075 05-15-2014 07:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmkYtMKeOSo

Agree with Wardo on this.

aeroshady 05-15-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo(w)theDropsFan (Post 15329500)
I'm all for Quebecois secession.

I no longer accept you as a Hawks fan. You are officially a declared Habs fan. Any further rooting for the Hawks will be be counted as you rooting for a second team. Also, all your future posts are to be in French.

aeroshady 05-15-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15329472)
There you go.

:lol well done.

BotheLaneFan 05-15-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15329529)
I no longer accept you as a Hawks fan. You are officially a declared Habs fan. Any further rooting for the Hawks will be be counted as you rooting for a second team. Also, all your future posts are to be in French.

Vous êtes un porc américain chien. Blackhawks éternellement. Hab pour presque jamais. J'espère que cela se lit de droite, j'ai dû utiliser un traducteur site.

aeroshady 05-15-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo(w)theDropsFan (Post 15329684)
Vous êtes un porc américain chien. Blackhawks éternellement. Hab pour presque jamais. J'espère que cela se lit de droite, j'ai dû utiliser un traducteur site.

This is what I got to translate back:

"You're a dog U.S. pork. Blackhawks forever. Hab for almost ever. I hope it reads right, I had to use a website translator."

:lol

BotheLaneFan 05-15-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15329747)
This is what I got to translate back:

"You're a dog U.S. pork. Blackhawks forever. Hab for almost ever. I hope it reads right, I had to use a website translator."

:lol

Honestly, almost. It was "American Pig-Dog". Every thing else seems pretty right on. For Almost Ever especially.

~Crashintome89~ 05-15-2014 08:49 AM

Parce que le ridicule entre les Canadiens de Montréal et les Bruins de Boston, je suis maintenant d'enracinement pour les Rangers de New York. Oui, Danny Brière est un petit homme volant sur ​​la glace et a été le sauveur pour les Flyers de Philadelphie et comme une figure paternelle pour Claude Giroux, mais je ne veux pas entendre l'arrogance découlant de la bouche des partisans du Tricolore. Peu importe qui gagne la série entre les Rangers et les Canadiens, ce n'est pas grave. 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! C'est l'heure du spectacle à Chicago! WOOO!

BotheLaneFan 05-15-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15329805)
Parce que le ridicule entre les Canadiens de Montréal et les Bruins de Boston, je suis maintenant d'enracinement pour les Rangers de New York. Oui, Danny Brière est un petit homme volant sur ​​la glace et a été le sauveur pour les Flyers de Philadelphie et comme une figure paternelle pour Claude Giroux, mais je ne veux pas entendre l'arrogance découlant de la bouche des partisans du Tricolore. Peu importe qui gagne la série entre les Rangers et les Canadiens, ce n'est pas grave. 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! 19! C'est l'heure du spectacle à Chicago! WOOO!

Frankly, if I hear you utter such insults about my mother again I'll be forced to thrash you.

dobyblue 05-15-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15329381)
Said no one ever....

If you don't speak a lick of French and you're heading to Quebec, Montreal is the place to be. My buddy's been there for about 15 years and still knows pretty much bonjour and au revoir and "dep" (short for depanneur - newsagents)

BotheLaneFan 05-15-2014 09:06 AM

Montreal is Anthony Bourdain's favorite city.

HallowBillies7 05-15-2014 09:25 AM

The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15329526)

@andystrickland: Source:Andrei Markov told Lucic to look the #Habs players in the eye when shaking hands. May have gotten Lucic a little excited #Bruins

Lol this is pretty funny, I probably would've been pissed and acted irrational too if Markov said that to me.

TMoore4075 05-15-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HallowBillies7 (Post 15329956)
@andystrickland: Source:Andrei Markov told Lucic to look the #Habs players in the eye when shaking hands. May have gotten Lucic a little excited #Bruins

Lol this is pretty funny, I probably would've been pissed and acted irrational too if Markov said that to me.

But to say I'll fucking kill you next year? And it wasn't even to Markov, he did it to other guys. While I'm sure he was just heated (I get that) but come on. The NHL is going to be watching him like a hawk now. It's just un-needed attention on his team. I agree with Ward that "you lose honorably, you win honorably." and also if you are gonna chest bump when you score (I have no problem with that btw) and people are gonna do it back to you and mock you (also no problem with) and you're gonna tell him he's acting like a baby? I probably wouldn't mind Lucic on my team, but he's gotta just play the game.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-15-2014 09:48 AM

the only sad feeling i had at all for the bruins last night ws iggy.

his pursuit of the cup is reaching Hossa level, i hope he wins eventually but not with boston.

TMoore4075 05-15-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15330059)

his pursuit of the cup is reaching Hossa level, i hope he wins eventually but not with boston.

Think he's back next year? He can still play pretty well but eventually it might catch up to you and do you wanna go out the way Hull or Shanny did.

edit: Would like to see him win one too but he couldn't have picked two teams I hate more than the Bruins and Pens the last two years. What's next? The Habs?

fonzz41 05-15-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15330059)

Me too. I'd thrown my support Boston's way just in the hopes of seeing Iggy hoist it.

Now I have no idea who to cheer for... Lundqvist? One more for Teemu? I don't know.

TMoore4075 05-15-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15330071)
Me too. I'd thrown my support Boston's way just in the hopes of seeing Iggy hoist it.

Now I have no idea who to cheer for... Lundqvist? One more for Teemu? I don't know.

I hate Perry though and Getzlaf too for that matter. Great players, would probably be fine having them on my team, but against them? Hate hate hate. But Teemu, Gibson would be a heck of a story and Bruce...god love ya. He's so energetic and just seems to have fun, would love to see him win one.

fonzz41 05-15-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15330080)
I hate Perry though and Getzlaf too for that matter. Great players, would probably be fine having them on my team, but against them? Hate hate hate. But Teemu, Gibson would be a heck of a story and Bruce...god love ya. He's so energetic and just seems to have fun, would love to see him win one.

I always thought Getzlaf wasn't reaching his full potential until this season. I love seeing what he's doing out there in all areas of his game. Perry is such a turd, I love hating him so much. You're right, seeing Bruce get a Cup would be awesome. Just to see him celebrate. :lol Would be a perfect send-off for Teemu.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-15-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15330067)
Think he's back next year? He can still play pretty well but eventually it might catch up to you and do you wanna go out the way Hull or Shanny did.

edit: Would like to see him win one too but he couldn't have picked two teams I hate more than the Bruins and Pens the last two years. What's next? The Habs?

I think he'll be back.
I can't even begin to imagine how much never winning is eating at him.

He might not be a bad fit in LA actually.

Quote:

Im rooting for Lundqvist.

bonzo48280 05-15-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Why are you setting yourself for heartbreak? You know how this is gonna go....

bonzo48280 05-15-2014 10:12 AM

Bollig slots right back into the lineup! Wooooooo!