Antsmarching.org Forums

Antsmarching.org Forums (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

aeroshady 05-22-2017 10:27 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16795083)
you tried way too hard there :lol

So did the Pens yesterday! :lol

TheLastPig 05-22-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16795091)
So did the Pens yesterday! :lol

god damn do-gooders!

jrkarger 05-22-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16794560)
Didn't realize Shaw was fined 5k and suspended for a game for the same thing. Fucked up, you can't make a different standard in the playoffs. Seems the NHL is never going to learn.

Does this bother anyone else?

Getzlaf and Shaw get fined for a slur as they most certainly should have been.

But, the sum-bitches who hit ruhwedel and Wilson didn't even get a call on the ice and no hearing whatsover (probably won't in the case of the guy who hit wilson).

TheLastPig 05-22-2017 11:52 AM

that elbow on wilson was as dirty as it gets

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 12:02 PM

The NHL should be doing something but like I've said if the NHLPA doesn't step up to protect their players, I don't know what they are there for. Maybe they are talking behind the scenes but even if they are, it clearly isn't enough. My worry is that the PA doesn't want to go into too big of a thing because if their players start getting suspended for 20 games, that's a big chunk of salary gone and these ain't the Crosby's and Kane's that will be getting suspensions (although it's possible) but it's the 3rd and 4th liners who typically who don't make the 9mil a year. Not saying that should matter if you want to protect everyone but it has me wondering if that factors into it.

jrkarger 05-22-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16795189)
The NHL should be doing something but like I've said if the NHLPA doesn't step up to protect their players, I don't know what they are there for. Maybe they are talking behind the scenes but even if they are, it clearly isn't enough. My worry is that the PA doesn't want to go into too big of a thing because if their players start getting suspended for 20 games, that's a big chunk of salary gone and these ain't the Crosby's and Kane's that will be getting suspensions (although it's possible) but it's the 3rd and 4th liners who typically who don't make the 9mil a year. Not saying that should matter if you want to protect everyone but it has me wondering if that factors into it.

But, Tim, they aren't even calling it during the game! They call that ticky tacky penalty on Cullen yesterday but keep the whistles in their pockets when other hits happen.

Say what you will about Goodell (and I initially hated it when James Harrison was the target of his wrath) but the initiatives in the NFL to protect the head have been good things.

I was at my local watering hole when Ruhwedel got hit and got into a discussion with the guy next to me. I thought it should have been 4 minutes. He thought it was a clean hit.

He was like "taking away hitting changes the game". I'm sorry but that's a BS take (not yours, Tim, the doucher's at the bar). If you can't tell the difference between the head shot Ruhwedel took (and was bloodied by) and the shoulder check to the chest that Rust took in game 2 then you don't get it and never will.

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16795213)
But, Tim, they aren't even calling it during the game! They call that ticky tacky penalty on Cullen yesterday but keep the whistles in their pockets when other hits happen.

Say what you will about Goodell (and I initially hated it when James Harrison was the target of his wrath) but the initiatives in the NFL to protect the head have been good things.

I was at my local watering hole when Ruhwedel got hit and got into a discussion with the guy next to me. I thought it should have been 4 minutes. He thought it was a clean hit.

He was like "taking away hitting changes the game". I'm sorry but that's a BS take (not yours, Tim, the doucher's at the bar). If you can't tell the difference between the head shot Ruhwedel took (and was bloodied by) and the shoulder check to the chest that Rust took in game 2 then you don't get it and never will.

Oh I'm with you. My comment on the PA wasn't just for suspensions, they could force the league on the ice too. I just think it's all connected. The PA doesn't want big suspensions for the reason I gave so it makes them soft on trying to get penalties called because they worry how it could escalate, causing players to lose income. There is a lot of assuming in there by me but since this headshot conversation has been going on for the better part of 7 years, at least heavily, and we still haven't seen a big change, I think that's a lot of evidence for my argument. Yeah the league could go in on it but if the players are acting "meh" about it then the league isn't gonna rush anything.

unccrombie 05-22-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16795175)
that elbow on wilson was as dirty as it gets

garage league

hailtopitt 05-22-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16795239)
garage league

I'm giving all of the thumbs up right now

fonzz41 05-22-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16795124)
Does this bother anyone else?

Getzlaf and Shaw get fined for a slur as they most certainly should have been.

But, the sum-bitches who hit ruhwedel and Wilson didn't even get a call on the ice and no hearing whatsover (probably won't in the case of the guy who hit wilson).

NHL just confirmed Wingels hasn't gotten a call. Ridiculous.

TheLastPig 05-22-2017 03:03 PM

playoff hockey

unccrombie 05-22-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16795276)
I'm giving all of the thumbs up right now

i don't see any thumbs, hope you didn't lose them in a garage accident

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 04:59 PM

Go Preds! Get this done tonight.

JRS1386 05-22-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16795084)
My first experience with baseball that I remember is 1992; first year Camden yards opened. I think I was 3 going on 4. Don't know how I remember it so vividly. Have been an O's fan since that time. When the Ravens were announced, I immediately became a fan, as I didn't have a true NFL team other than by an association and hand me downs from my older brother.

Never got into hockey until the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins came to the area in 1999 went to a ton of games each year. Became a Pittsburgh fan just because I'd watch how many of the AHL players finally crack it into the NHL. It's just been so awesome. Rob scuderi is one of my favorite players ever. Loved Murray. Rust too (actually have a warm up jersey of his from Scranton). It was so great to see all those guys make an impact last year when they got called up.

:thumbsup Cool. AHL hockey is pretty fun. And Camden is beautiful

aeroshady 05-22-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16795579)

My NJ mind can't compute this....

cry_minarets458 05-22-2017 05:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16795084)
My first experience with baseball that I remember is 1992; first year Camden yards opened. I think I was 3 going on 4. Don't know how I remember it so vividly. Have been an O's fan since that time. When the Ravens were announced, I immediately became a fan, as I didn't have a true NFL team other than by an association and hand me downs from my older brother.

Never got into hockey until the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins came to the area in 1999 went to a ton of games each year. Became a Pittsburgh fan just because I'd watch how many of the AHL players finally crack it into the NHL. It's just been so awesome. Rob scuderi is one of my favorite players ever. Loved Murray. Rust too (actually have a warm up jersey of his from Scranton). It was so great to see all those guys make an impact last year when they got called up.

Quote:

Just to follow-up; Rust's worn warm-up jersey from last the 2015-2016 AHL season

JRS1386 05-22-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16795633)

I forgot that shit hole of an area existed ever since moving to VA

Roose13 05-22-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16795633)

Oh yea, Camden, NJ is so gorgeous: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a164546016.jpg

bradshaw06 05-22-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16795764)

It is so weird taking the patco. Going from somewhere like Collingswood and it slowly bad.

TMoore4075 05-22-2017 09:39 PM

This could be over real quick.

mr.MikeD 05-22-2017 09:52 PM

A very small part of me wants the ducks to win the cup to say that the oilers took the cup winners to 7. The rest of me is fine with the ducks getting knocked out tonight. So go Preds!

Roose13 05-22-2017 11:49 PM

This third period has been fucking bonkers

Dramageek 05-22-2017 11:56 PM

That'll do it. Good job, Preds! I'm sure the one Preds fan who posts here from time to time is ecstatic. I hope the Pens join you tomorrow and crash your party. ;)

recentlyJTR41 05-22-2017 11:57 PM

Oh yeah I'm going to be in Nashville during the Stanley Cup. Can't fucking wait.

Roose13 05-22-2017 11:57 PM

Awwww sad Corey Perry. Fuck you bro

recentlyJTR41 05-23-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16795764)

Looks like Hamsterdam

Dramageek 05-23-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 (Post 16795990)
Looks like Hamsterdam

:lol :lol Well played!

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16795560)
Go Preds! Get this done tonight.

Fuck them, collection of dirty cheating bastards and they end up beating 3 teams that are far better than them. I hope Ottawa or Pittsburgh sweeps them in the finals. They do not deserve the cup.

rickyh24 05-23-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16796010)
they end up beating 3 teams that are far better than them. They do not deserve the cup.

This doesn't add up.

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16796015)
This doesn't add up.

Sure does - they beat Chicago (109 points), they beat St. Louis (99 points) and Anaheim (105 points) while they only had 94 points and were the last seed in the west. They just got on a hot streak at the right time.

recentlyJTR41 05-23-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16796020)
Sure does - they beat Chicago (109 points), they beat St. Louis (99 points) and Anaheim (105 points) while they only had 94 points and were the last seed in the west. They just got on a hot streak at the right time.

:: checks flair ::

Ok this rant makes sense

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 01:24 AM

Definitely think they're a better team than St Louis

rickyh24 05-23-2017 01:38 AM

Quote:

Isn't that what makes the NHL playoffs so great? Any team has a chance. Saying they don't deserve the cup after working through teams "better than them" kind of contradicts why people think the sport has one of the better playoffs entertainment wise.

fonzz41 05-23-2017 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16796040)
Isn't that what makes the NHL playoffs so great? Any team has a chance. Saying they don't deserve the cup after working through teams "better than them" kind of contradicts why people think the sport has one of the better playoffs entertainment wise.

:thumbsup They out worked all three more "talented" teams and deserve to be where they are.

barbogast 05-23-2017 08:10 AM

Awesome for the Preds. Good for them.

Wonder how Barry Trotz feels right now.

TMoore4075 05-23-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Fuck them, collection of dirty cheating bastards and they end up beating 3 teams that are far better than them. I hope Ottawa or Pittsburgh sweeps them in the finals. They do not deserve the cup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16796040)

OK I'm 100% agreeing with Ricky. Something ain't right. This is one of the reasons I love it. Sure I love the sport and all of that but not knowing who is gonna in a particular series makes it unbelievably entertaining. If you're an 8th seed in the NBA you go in knowing you are gone in a week maybe 10 days but here you have an 8th seed as a finalist. The Kings were 8 when they won the Cup in 2012, Oilers got to game 7 in 06, Ducks as a 7th seed in 03, Flyers as a 7th got to the Finals in 2010 and I'm sure I can find more. Hawks might have been the more talented team and have the better regular seasons, but they weren't the better team in that series and that's when it matters. You can ask Barbs and the Caps how much where you finish in the regular season matters.

EDIT: I'll add that I love that they are there and would love to see the Sens there too. I don't want to see the same teams in the finals or winning it over and over (unless of course it was my team) so having a team like the Preds there is great. It's great for the market and the fans.

clayj41 05-23-2017 09:20 AM

Happy for the Preds. I'm going to try and get down to Nashville some time during the series since there's never been a Stanley Cup Final played so close to home in my lifetime.

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 09:23 AM

that game was bonkers last night

Roose13 05-23-2017 09:35 AM

Lsculla with a terrible hot take last night. Go Preds Go

jrkarger 05-23-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

By this logic the CapiLOLs should be automatically back-to-back Stanley Cup Champions.

Com'on, man... this isn't Premiere League Soccer.

aeroshady 05-23-2017 09:44 AM

Totally with the majority in here.

1. Go Preds! I am so happy for Nashville!

2. The Preds totally deserve to be where they are at. They have played fantastically all playoffs. Also, look past this one year. They have been close to taking the next step for the past 3-5 years. I thought they took a step back in the short term with the Suban/Webber trade, but I was wrong. That seems to have been the missing piece!

I hope they win the Cup now! It would be so awesome for that city. Imagine the parade for that win! So many celebs would be there.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 11:29 AM

Jamie (perhaps understandably) still a bit salty about the Hawks getting summarily destroyed by the Preds. :lol I think the Preds are a fun young team (Subban's occasional antics aside). I wonder if the Caps are thinking they should have hired Laviolette.

I'm getting nervous about tonight. I like the Pennns' chances, but you just never know.

aeroshady 05-23-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16796285)
Jamie (perhaps understandably) still a bit salty about the Hawks getting summarily destroyed by the Preds. :lol I think the Preds are a fun young team (Subban's occasional antics aside). I wonder if the Caps are thinking they should have hired Laviolette.

I'm getting nervous about tonight. I like the Pennns' chances, but you just never know.

I would think the Habs are the team that are going to have regrets. They were supposed to be the short-term winners of that trade. They changed coaches and won the division, but in the end, they still fell flat in round 1 and got bounced by the Rangers. Meanwhile, the Preds flew under the radar until the postseason and are now cruising into the Stanley Cup Finals with P.K. Suban. If I am a Habs fan, I am pretty annoyed right now.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 11:40 AM

2 years in a row an original 6 Canadian team had to watch the star player they traded away make a run to the cup :lol

aeroshady 05-23-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16796323)
2 years in a row an original 6 Canadian team had to watch the star player they traded away make a run to the cup :lol

True. However, the Leafs and their fans are probably feeling pretty good about that team right now. They have everything to look forward to. The Habs on the other hand are watching their window shut. Price is getting older and the traded for Webber, who probably only has a few years left to make a big impact.

Also, as a Rangers fan, I have had to watch loads of key players make runs after leaving our team.

Off the top of my head:

Gaborik- Fans basically ran him out of NY. Beats us for the Cup with LA

Callahan- Captain of our team, beats us the next year in the ECF (Although this trade played a large role in us making the Finals that year).

Boyle- Didn't resign him, knocks us out in the ECF the next year.

Stralman- One of our best D-men, couldn't resign him, beats us in the ECF the next year.

Richards- We bought him out after the 2014 run, he won the Cup with the Hawks the next season.

Hagelin- We decided to sign Stepan instead of Hags, he knocked us out in the first round the very next year and went on to win the cup.

Brassard- We traded him to get younger, he knocked us out this year with the Sens and still has a chance at going to the Finals.

Future:

Cam Talbot: Former Rangers backup goalie who was fantastic for us when Hank was out, will probably win the Cup with Edmonton.

Who will it be next?! My guess, Dan Girardi or Derek Stepan.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16796401)
True. However, the Leafs and their fans are probably feeling pretty good about that team right now. They have everything to look forward to. The Habs on the other hand are watching their window shut. Price is getting older and the traded for Webber, who probably only has a few years left to make a big impact.

Also, as a Rangers fan, I have had to watch loads of key players make runs after leaving our team.

Off the top of my head:

Callahan- Captain of our team, beats us the next year in the ECF (Although this trade played a large role in us making the Finals that year).

Stralman- One of our best D-men, couldn't resign him, beats us in the ECF the next year.

Richards- We bought him out after the 2014 run, he won the Cup with the Hawks the next season.

Hagelin- We decided to sign Stepan instead of Hags, he knocked us out in the first round the very next year and went on to win the cup.

Brassard- We traded him to get younger, he knocked us out this year with the Sens and still has a chance at going to the Finals.

Future:

Cam Talbot: Former Rangers backup goalie who was fantastic for us when Hank was out, will probably win the Cup with Edmonton.

Yeah Im sure leafs fans arent too bitter. But they were much more so at this point last year.

I just think its extra funny because they were the two most prominent Canadian teams.

recentlyJTR41 05-23-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Yeah I was about to say didn't Nashville beat the shit out of Chicago? First ever sweep by an 8 seed over a 1? lmao

TMoore4075 05-23-2017 12:29 PM

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/23/...hedule-makers/

Can this guy just accept a loss? If I didn't dislike the Ducks enough, keep bitching....

unccrombie 05-23-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16796401)

Off the top of my head:

Future:

Yeah, our team has won so many cups!

! - with other teams

Roose13 05-23-2017 01:07 PM

Someone needs to tell Carlyle that this is the longest, most difficult post season in all of sports. So yea, everyone is gonna start feeling some fatigue by the conference finals. What a jabroni.

TheLastPig 05-23-2017 01:09 PM

Cogliano also said he thought the ducks were the better team

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/22/...e-better-team/

Carlyle bitching about one extra day off is so rich though :lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-23-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

This is definitely a Brohan melt right here.

And to the bolded, probably one of the most ridiculous things ever said in this thread.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 01:39 PM

Lol never thought I'd see a melt about the freaking Nashville Predators

Love this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aeroshady 05-23-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 16796514)
Yeah, our team has won so many cups!

! - with other teams

:eiffeltower Wooo! I am so glad we can be the team that gets these players ready to win a Cup with someone else! Especially when we are nice enough to give them an easy round in the playoffs to win by sucking against their new teams!

Lcsulla 05-23-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

You are correct, that is clouding my judgement. I should not have said they don't deserve the cup, if they somehow win it of course they deserve it after beating teams better than they are. I won't even get started on subban, he is dirty and loves the spotlight too much for my taste. Nashville is on a great run but they have gotten some very lucky breaks (and some questionable calls go their way) and have responded - I can't even say the questionable calls made the difference because the Ducks, Blues and Hawks are used to coping with those calls, Nashville is just playing very well. Something about the organization (not the players) annoys the hell out of me and THAT has nothing to do with them sweeping the Hawks because I have never been able to like anything about that damn team, they might as well be the Flyers - whom I somehow respect more despite their tormenting my Whalers!

recentlyJTR41 05-23-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16796773)
You are correct, that is clouding my judgement. I should not have said they don't deserve the cup, if they somehow win it of course they deserve it after beating teams better than they are. I won't even get started on subban, he is dirty and loves the spotlight too much for my taste. Nashville is on a great run but they have gotten some very lucky breaks (and some questionable calls go their way) and have responded - I can't even say the questionable calls made the difference because the Ducks, Blues and Hawks are used to coping with those calls, Nashville is just playing very well. Something about the organization (not the players) annoys the hell out of me and THAT has nothing to do with them sweeping the Hawks because I have never been able to like anything about that damn team, they might as well be the Flyers - whom I somehow respect more despite their tormenting my Whalers!

That's usually how teams win championships.

The Cubs just played well all last season that's why they won the World Series.

UCFish 05-23-2017 05:01 PM

Anaheim really is full of little bitches....so happy they lost

dmbetc 05-23-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16796468)
http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/23/...hedule-makers/

Can this guy just accept a loss? If I didn't dislike the Ducks enough, keep bitching....

:lol:lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16797028)
Anaheim really is full of little bitches....so happy they lost

they are the worst, so satisfying watching them lose

aeroshady 05-23-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16797050)
:lol:lol

they are the worst, so satisfying watching them lose

Sucks, because I like being in Anaheim, but yeah...

TMoore4075 05-23-2017 08:26 PM

I loved the Mighty Ducks when Kariya and Selanne were there. Now they are a bunch of dicks.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797197)
I loved the Mighty Ducks when Kariya and Selanne were there. Now they are a bunch of dicks.

They aren't dicks they are ducks

Clearly a typo

K3nTaKa0s 05-23-2017 10:30 PM

Apparently, I have a poor understanding of goalie interference.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 10:30 PM

Worst goalie interference call I've ever seen

Roose13 05-23-2017 10:31 PM

Yeeeaaaaaa, that's not goalie interference.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 10:32 PM

What's Daley supposed to do there? Stop fighting for the puck? But that one counts!!

barbogast 05-23-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16797197)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797269)
They aren't dicks they are ducks

Clearly a typo

The Mighty Dicks of Anaheim

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 11:02 PM

Some bull going on

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 11:09 PM

Lots of scrappy play in front of the net there. I don't understand how there isn't something called there. Ottawa defense isn't even looking at the puck. They're just dropping on players.

Dramageek 05-23-2017 11:11 PM

Methot was sitting on Crosby. Ah well, Pens still playing very well. I feel like that second (technically third) goal is coming.

hailtopitt 05-23-2017 11:15 PM

U can get elbowed in the face or tackle a guy and get nothing called, but fight for a puck legally gets a goal called back for goalie interference

This league is shit

bradshaw06 05-23-2017 11:27 PM

All i can do is shake my head. Such garbage.

cry_minarets458 05-23-2017 11:47 PM

Methot is such a goon :lol

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 12:00 AM

Anderson hell of a game. Fucking Penguins better show up Thursday

Dramageek 05-24-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16797441)
Anderson hell of a game. Fucking Penguins better show up Thursday

They didn't exactly fail to show up tonight. They have about 45 shots and some high quality chances. Anderson just stood on his head.

hailtopitt 05-24-2017 12:09 AM

The refs have their fingerprints all over that game

And I never blame the refs for games, but that was blatantly impacted by bad and missed calls

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16797443)
They didn't exactly fail to show up tonight. They have about 45 shots and some high quality chances. Anderson just stood on his head.

To expand on my thought process, game 7 can really go either way. So, I'm hopeful that they fucking show up and don't shit the bed. It was a comment not related to their performance tonight particularly

Lcsulla 05-24-2017 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797297)
Worst goalie interference call I've ever seen

Yeah, that was a bad call IMO, looked good to me but this past few months I have decided that goalie interference is the most subjective call possible. Half the time I think it is good and am wrong and the other half I think it should be waved away and it stands. I think that Ducks/Preds game the other night had 3 called back and only one of the calls I agreed with.

Wow though, what a great game. Pittsburgh played a better game but did not cash in some chances they should have slammed home. I give Ottawa a lot of credit for bouncing back after getting killed Sunday and going down 1-0 tonight and coming back to win. Credit to Pittsburgh and Murray as well, they played solid despite their D men resembling a MASH recovery ward, carried a lot of the pace but just could not solve Anderson. Great game all around, hope game 7 is as much fun to watch. Lastly, holy damn that GWG was a bomb, not a damn thing ANY goalie could have done anything about.

Lcsulla 05-24-2017 12:19 AM

Honestly, watching that goal that got called back again - if Daley doesn't slash Anderson's pad that is probably a good goal, guessing that tipped the argument in Ottawa's favor.

hailtopitt 05-24-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16797466)
Honestly, watching that goal that got called back again - if Daley doesn't slash Anderson's pad that is probably a good goal, guessing that tipped the argument in Ottawa's favor.

Lol "slash"?

Good lord...loose puck, never physically impeded Anderson. Worst interference call I've seen maybe ever. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe if Crosby doesn't get tackled twice or a penalty gets called the Pens cash a few more in too.

Refs haven't been this bad in a while.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 12:25 AM

Any other game in any circumstance that does not get called back. Classic reffing the score/ series there.

Lcsulla 05-24-2017 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797477)
Lol "slash"?

Good lord...loose puck, never physically impeded Anderson. Worst interference call I've seen maybe ever. Absolutely terrible.

Maybe if Crosby doesn't get tackled twice or a penalty gets called the Pens cash a few more in too.

Refs haven't been this bad in a while.

Oh I agree completely, that was a bad call. My point was that once the play was blown dead and Pittsburgh was credited with the goal Daley slammed his stick into Anderson's pad and that may have been what straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

Refs have been pretty inconsistent on those type of calls, it annoys me as a fan. I also agree Crosby was hit quite hard and quite often. A little consistency by the refs would be helpful. Last night Nick Richie got a game misconduct in the first period for boarding and was out for the rest of the game - in the second period Salomaki did the exact same thing to a Duck (forget which one) yet only got a two minute minor. Officiating has not been all that solid this postseason.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 12:33 AM

https://twitter.com/allie874/status/867200020046598144

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.

Not really concerned about the game 7.

bradshaw06 05-24-2017 12:45 AM

Love that the league protects its stars.

Instead the let other factors dictate what they call.

Dramageek 05-24-2017 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16797493)

#GarageLeague

That game was so poorly officiated. Still at a loss as to how Daley committed interference on the disallowed goal.

It was just exorbitantly inconsistent. I'll be fair and point out missed calls on both sides: They let a cross-check by Malkin go, and then they let whatever the fuck is going on in that video go. But then they call a ticky-tack chicken shit interference on Hainsey. Then that goaltender "interference."

Still, the Pens played well enough to win. Got a lot of quality chances. Tip of the cap to Mr. Anderson, who went into full Matrix Bullet-time mode stopping just about everything.

fonzz41 05-24-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

#GarageLeague

:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.

It's times like this when I'm willing to give Crosby a pass when he whines.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16797507)
It was just exorbitantly inconsistent. I'll be fair and point out missed calls on both sides: They let a cross-check by Malkin go, and then they let whatever the fuck is going on in that video go. But then they call a ticky-tack chicken shit interference on Hainsey. Then that goaltender "interference."

Still, the Pens played well enough to win. Got a lot of quality chances. Tip of the cap to Mr. Anderson, who went into full Matrix Bullet-time mode stopping just about everything.

Agreed with all of this.

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797512)
:lol Only a little bit of interference when he got hauled down there, eh? Sheesh.

Ref literally like falling over both of them as it's going on too. Incredible.

hailtopitt 05-24-2017 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16797512)

Whine? Here we go...

fonzz41 05-24-2017 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797527)
Whine? Here we go...

Complains? Bitches?

and don't worry, I'm not taking this in the standard "Crysby" direction. You know I'm a fan.

dmbetc 05-24-2017 03:15 AM

Nice little fact https://twitter.com/tsn_wally/status/867225680777539584

Quote:

Mike Hoffman's winner was the 1st time in 11 playoff games that Erik Karlsson wasn't on the ice for the GWG.

barbogast 05-24-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

#GarageLeague

:lol now THAT'S how you shutdown a superstar

Go Sens Go

JRS1386 05-24-2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16797527)
Whine? Here we go...

He complains/bitches/whines all elite athletes in all of the sports do it. And I'm with Matty. Some bullshit on that play, but I'm not going to lose sleep over the no calls on it

TheLastPig 05-24-2017 08:38 AM

https://twitter.com/bradytrett/statu...12188942974976

"Playoff hockey"

aeroshady 05-24-2017 09:15 AM

Didn't totally back read, but the Pens were probably good enough to win last night. I fully expect them to win game 7.

Preds must be enjoying watching the ECF on tv.

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 09:22 AM

Regardless of who wins game 7, this is benefiting the Preds a lot. They can rest up. I still hope Sens for my wanting a new team to win it and with both of those teams you get it either way.

cry_minarets458 05-24-2017 09:22 AM

I'm not lacking confidence in their ability to win; I'm lacking confidence in things falling their way. As last night showed, 1-2 things favoring the opposition (goal called back, questionable penalties called, blatant penalties not called) can result in a loss...but I suppose that's hockey

jrkarger 05-24-2017 09:38 AM

Guys... the NHL has announced the officiating crew for Game 7

http://blogs.library.unt.edu/unt125/...015/06/NC3.jpg

TMoore4075 05-24-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 (Post 16797600)
I'm not lacking confidence in their ability to win; I'm lacking confidence in things falling their way. As last night showed, 1-2 things favoring the opposition (goal called back, questionable penalties called, blatant penalties not called) can result in a loss...but I suppose that's hockey

Not that I want those things to happen and you want things called the right way but yeah it does happen. Not saying they shouldn't try to fix it but Pens have benefited from those types of things before and gotten hurt by it and the same goes for every other team. Pens against my Wings, too many men for a long time late in the first period of game 3 in 2009. Wings were up 2-1 and that would have put them on the PP, instead not called, Wings get a penalty and Pens tie it before intermission. Wings had plenty of chances to still win the series so I'm not but I'm guessing Pens fans don't want to go back and have it called right. And if last night's game was the other way around with Sens up 3-2 and Pens got the benefit of bad calls or non-calls, Pens fans wouldn't feel nearly as bad. Gotta keep things in perspective.

~Crashintome89~ 05-24-2017 09:58 AM

pens fans rattled when they start questioning the officiating even before the series is over.

God, you're just like the Ducks.

jrkarger 05-24-2017 10:07 AM

The Pens question NHL officials.

The Flyers question PGA officals.

Par for the course.

GET IT?!?!?!