Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Random dmb thoughts that don't need their own thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=334873)

comeandsee41 06-28-2018 04:59 PM

Re: Random dmb thoughts that don't need its own thread

what happened to the 04 studio sessions? why did they falter? did they have a producer lined up? man that would have been an incredible album.

LaLaLaLaHey 06-28-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEMITRI (Post 17172281)
So the official lyrics to She aren't "Take too long to taste the Ju-Ju's gone" the actual lyrics are "Take too long to taste the Jewel Jewel is gone".... I already thought Ju ju was a dumb lyric but this might be worse. (Love the song tho)

Official how? Link? A-Z isn’t official...

DEMITRI 06-28-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake.sager (Post 17172347)
Official how? Link? A-Z isn’t official...

So when I bought the album on iTunes and click more info and check lyrics to each of the songs it shows all the lyrics for all the songs. That’s what I’m basing this off of, not sure if that counts as official or not. There was also some grammatical/spelling errors in some of the other songs so maybe it’s not official?

LaLaLaLaHey 06-28-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEMITRI (Post 17172367)
So when I bought the album on iTunes and click more info and check lyrics to each of the songs it shows all the lyrics for all the songs. That’s what I’m basing this off of, not sure if that counts as official or not. There was also some grammatical/spelling errors in some of the other songs so maybe it’s not official?

Interesting:.. hmm

FeelingGood 06-28-2018 08:18 PM

I'm casting Copperpot's Camden 2013 full show video to my widescreen tonight. Damn, this show was so fucking good. I knew back then we'd be looking back on those days fondly. This show inspired me to go the Camden shows the following year. Not as good as 2013, but still very enjoyable shows. Here's the link in case you're interest - I recommend it highly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQOs0L9q2k

I didn't know the Crush intro was extended due to problems Dave had with his IEM...beautiful bass playing by the youngster. Joyride, extended Crush intro, JTR, Good Times Bad Times cover, Help Myself, Drunken, Belly Full, Typical, Ants>>Halloween closer, LIOG reprise, Pig and Two Step. Hell, what's not to love about this show? Oh, and there's an actual violin being played in the Dave Matthews Band!

crounsa810 06-28-2018 08:43 PM

Has anyone mentioned that the chorus to You & Me is basically an updated Hold Me Down?

dmb417 06-29-2018 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
priceless torrent find

alec 06-29-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crounsa810 (Post 17172511)
Has anyone mentioned that the chorus to You & Me is basically an updated Hold Me Down?

Isn’t the Hold Me Down riff in Cigarette Lit?

Whiteyxc514 06-30-2018 10:05 AM

I was just re-listening to a couple of 2007 gems yesterday.... #41 with Mayer and LIOG with Trey. I need one or both of them on a Warehouse or bonus disc soon. That is all.

stlbluespower 06-30-2018 10:57 AM

Just saw that the Flecktones have a free webcast tonight. Might check that out.

magnumdan 06-30-2018 03:37 PM

Anyone know the deal with the Sunner Tour Pennant that live nation is selling? I’d like to get two of them it looks like they are $29 each. Has anyone gotten one yet on the tour?

KevinTH 06-30-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelingGood (Post 17172491)
I'm casting Copperpot's Camden 2013 full show video to my widescreen tonight. Damn, this show was so fucking good. I knew back then we'd be looking back on those days fondly. This show inspired me to go the Camden shows the following year. Not as good as 2013, but still very enjoyable shows. Here's the link in case you're interest - I recommend it highly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQOs0L9q2k

I didn't know the Crush intro was extended due to problems Dave had with his IEM...beautiful bass playing by the youngster. Joyride, extended Crush intro, JTR, Good Times Bad Times cover, Help Myself, Drunken, Belly Full, Typical, Ants>>Halloween closer, LIOG reprise, Pig and Two Step. Hell, what's not to love about this show? Oh, and there's an actual violin being played in the Dave Matthews Band!

Of all Copperpot’s videos that is the one I’ve watched the most. It’s very well done, and the show is one of the best from the newer lineup. That intro to Dream Girl is absolutely beautiful.

joshg 06-30-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinTH (Post 17174462)
Of all Copperpot’s videos that is the one I’ve watched the most. It’s very well done, and the show is one of the best from the newer lineup. That intro to Dream Girl is absolutely beautiful.

That LIOG reprise is great. Wish they did more stuff like that.

joshg 06-30-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamdmb20 (Post 17171758)
https://www.facebook.com/12450110822...6133428784342/

Pretty awesome. Little dude got his wish.

In these videos, I'm always amazing how comfortable Dave is in long periods of uncomfortable silences with fans. I would try something, anything, to break up the comfortable air, but Dave seems to be completely fine just sitting there. Such a good guy.

KevinTH 07-02-2018 04:40 PM

I know there’s nothing that can be done and there’s no sense even thinking about it, but Jeff’s ten year anniversary with the band got me thinking about Roi, and what might have been. I was listening to LT 13 for a bit and thought what a damn shame THAT band never got beyond June 2008. I think they had big plans for that tour and obviously got derailed with Roi’s accident and eventual passing. I think we were on the verge of seeing a real resurgence in the band and they would still sound like DMB today. I think they did the best they could and I am happy with the results for the most part, but damn what a shame...

georgedavis003 07-02-2018 08:38 PM

Anyone know when the last time the ever elusive third verse in Grey Street was played? Just curious. Was listening to studio cut today and thought about that

dmb9howell 07-03-2018 12:00 AM

The guitar on the NPR video shines really bright. Its beautiful visually

KevinTH 07-03-2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgedavis003 (Post 17176955)
Anyone know when the last time the ever elusive third verse in Grey Street was played? Just curious. Was listening to studio cut today and thought about that

12/16/02 was the last one.

Todefy 07-05-2018 12:40 AM

Roi may have wanted a horn section, but at this point it’s gone overboard. Besides Tim drowning out Daves guitar, trumpet is my least favorite part of current DMB

FeelingGood 07-05-2018 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todefy (Post 17178470)
Roi may have wanted a horn section, but at this point it’s gone overboard. Besides Tim drowning out Daves guitar, trumpet is my least favorite part of current DMB

I'm with you. Wish it was the original five instruments. Tired of the noise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mr. testaverde 07-05-2018 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgedavis003 (Post 17176955)

and thought about how much better the song is with the 3rd verse?

jmkratt 07-05-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todefy (Post 17178470)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelingGood (Post 17178482)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. testaverde (Post 17178495)
and thought about how much better the song is with the 3rd verse?

I agree with all of the above.

FeelingGood 07-05-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelingGood (Post 17178482)

I do have to say that Tim is incredible in the studio. That said, he's proven over and over that he cannot control himself on stage.

...and I hate it when people quote themselves...so I apologize in advance.

LaLaLaLaHey 07-05-2018 08:24 PM

I'm listening to a 2013 Say Goodbye [9/6/13 Chula Vista - tape up on Copperpot5 video too], and Boyd is completely inaudible the entire song. I didn't remember that at the time. Interesting to hear. Sounds as if they played it this year, which makes me feel a bit better about it if they do choose to play it this year.

LaLaLaLaHey 07-05-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelingGood (Post 17179242)
I do have to say that Tim is incredible in the studio. That said, he's proven over and over that he cannot control himself on stage.

...and I hate it when people quote themselves...so I apologize in advance.

He’s incredible D&T too... just hand the man an acoustic guitar for the tour and i’ll be psyched

mattyszow 07-05-2018 09:05 PM

Dave & Friends was a really great, great time. I just re-listened to Bonnaroo '04 for the first time in forever, and I had forgotten how great that grouping was. i love some devil. I wish a couple of those D&F shows get the Trax/dmbLive treatment at some point.

jebediahlongnut 07-05-2018 10:17 PM

D+T 2007 Cornbread is the best version. No contest

spoot388 07-05-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEMITRI (Post 17172367)

that is not correct. the lyric booklet that comes with the album has juju.

FeelingGood 07-06-2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoot388 (Post 17179307)
that is not correct. the lyric booklet that comes with the album has juju.

That's so funny...first time I heard the song I thought I heard jujube...and had to quickly see what the lyrics actually were.

CrazyEasy354 07-06-2018 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake.sager (Post 17179284)
He’s incredible D&T too... just hand the man an acoustic guitar for the tour and i’ll be psyched

I'd certainly like to see him alternate between acoustic and electric depending on the song and see how that goes. Because a lot of the songs still sound good with electric, its just when the playing gets overboard that's the problem.

My biggest problem with Tim is actually something that is probably out of his control to an extent: he has too many solo spots. This has been especially apparent to me at the shows I've been to on this current tour. I'm sure that it's more of a group suggestion and he just says yes. I have a hard time picturing Tim demanding more solo spots lol.

As a guitarist, I adore Tim's ability on the instrument, and he's an inspiration. I just don't wanna hear him ALL night on 70% of the solos. As great of a job as he does do.