Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

drakan 06-10-2019 09:07 PM

Re: The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

SassyNeanderthalsdmb36

barbogast 06-11-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17467452)
I'd just like to point out some of the NHL fans in here who think they aren't holier than thou and are inclusive to Neanderthals who can't take sass have never been in the Red Sox or Patriots threads

....ok? :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17467455)
Seems like everything after game 7 is really exciting for the pure hockey crowd, good 4th line drafting for need type stuff coming up!

Big stuff at the draft this year! The Devils landed the #1 pick and the Rangers landed the second, and there’s two potentially generational talents available at the top of the draft this year. It looked for a long time like Jack Hughes was the sure fire number one, but Kaapo came on extra strong late and has shown every bit as much potential, if not more!! What will the Devils do?!?! Either way, good year to be the Rangers!

ToySoldier#34 06-11-2019 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467664)

Big stuff at the draft this year! The Devils landed the #1 pick and the Rangers landed the second, and there’s two potentially generational talents available at the top of the draft this year. It looked for a long time like Jack Hughes was the sure fire number one, but Kaapo came on extra strong late and has shown every bit as much potential, if not more!! What will the Devils do?!?! Either way, good year to be the Rangers!

Very exciting, can't wait for game 7 to be over to find out how the Rangers draft goes!

barbogast 06-11-2019 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17467676)
Very exciting, can't wait for game 7 to be over to find out how the Rangers draft goes!

Me too, bro. Glad you’re coming around. We’re talking about a draft that could change the landscape of the league, or at least the eastern conference, for a decade!

pathetic 06-11-2019 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467362)
I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked in to the bickering but here I go :lol

We are admittedly a tight-knit group. Many of us have been chatting for 10+ years. There is an atmosphere that has developed, one where we chirp plenty but generally stay respectful. A certain harmony that's distinct but not TOO harmonious and not always perfect. I'm proud of it.

So with that, I won't speak for everyone here - and it's probably unfair to broadly paint "all Bruins fans" and "all regular posters" - but the impression I have gotten over the years from certain posters who are Bruins fans (and it's not always JUST Bruins fans) is that they come in every year just ready to stir shit up. Like they know we have a rapport and want to see if they can disrupt. For those that come here just ready to talk hockey - and not take themselves or others too seriously - you will find a very accepting crew. I myself was one of those a few years back who showed up as an Avs fan surprised there were other DMB fans that liked hockey, and now consider a few of these guys/gal to be close friends. I mean, Brohan for hell's sake used to be Public Enemy #1 of the NHL Thread but he acclimated to us (and we to him) and now he's just one of the guys. I don't always agree with him but I still like the guy.

Again, I won't speak for everyone here, but if you come to talk hockey (and you in particular, pathetic, have been one of those over the years who I've had good chats with) I'm more than happy to engage.

I understand this is pretty much the only thread you frequent. My point is more about people thinking the only ones that watch hockey are posters in a DMB NHL thread. I probably watch more golf than 90% of the PGA thread, but i don't post in there much. It's funny that some people think post count in a thread is indicative of how much they pay attention to the thread topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17467376)
What is the whole point of you even posting in this thread in the first place? You come in here every other year during playoffs and just stir pure garbage, then you get mad when we tell you that's not how we do it in here. I have no problem with you or really anyone else coming in here and talking hockey--the more the merrier--but please, just drop the 'holier than thou' attitude. It's god damn annoying.

:lol:lol gold

barbogast 06-11-2019 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17467690)
I understand this is pretty much the only thread you frequent. My point is more about people thinking the only ones that watch hockey are posters in a DMB NHL thread. I probably watch more golf than 90% of the PGA thread, but i don't post in there much. It's funny that some people think post count in a thread is indicative of how much they pay attention to the thread topic.

It’s not, but it’s hard to not notice how it only falls all the way off the rails when certain teams are doing well in the playoffs. Especially when it devolves into such minimal amount of hockey talk. It absolutely seems like shit stirring.

DMBstandUP1984 06-11-2019 05:37 AM

I'm not sure the Bruins fans started the stirring this time around.

In a draft like the one coming up the team picking second always has the advantage..unless you're the Bruins and you'll trade that player for what amounted to nothing in return

pathetic 06-11-2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467691)
It’s not, but it’s hard to not notice how it only falls all the way off the rails when certain teams are doing well in the playoffs. Especially when it devolves into such minimal amount of hockey talk. It absolutely seems like shit stirring.

Check out the NFL and NBA threads. Plenty of sports talk while still bullshitting around

pathetic 06-11-2019 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBstandUP1984 (Post 17467693)

In a draft like the one coming up the team picking second always has the advantage..unless you're the Bruins and you'll trade that player for what amounted to nothing in return

exactly. The posts like "here we go. about that time of the year." and "boston isn't a hockey town" and some weird ones about Tom Brady started well before the boston fans started talking shit

drop2d 06-11-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17467701)
Check out the NFL and NBA threads. Plenty of sports talk while still bullshitting around

And Sox thread... I mean, just the last post alone from that asshole Steng!

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=91456

Talk about shit stirring. :lol

barbogast 06-11-2019 05:51 AM

It’s unreal how much Tom Brady’s penis has infiltrated this thread

barbogast 06-11-2019 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop2d (Post 17467703)
And Sox thread... I mean, just the last post alone from that asshole Steng!

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=91456

Talk about shit stirring. :lol

:lol I have no idea what I just saw

drop2d 06-11-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467704)
It’s unreal how much Tom Brady’s penis has infiltrated this thread

Have you seen that thing? I think it's infiltrated lots of places.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XazhBDu745Bde/giphy.gif

ToySoldier#34 06-11-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Brohan loses his mind and it's Bruins fans fault

barbogast 06-11-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop2d (Post 17467707)
Have you seen that thing? I think it's infiltrated lots of places.

https://media.giphy.com/media/XazhBDu745Bde/giphy.gif

I mean if the cock fits, infiltrate away I guess

barbogast 06-11-2019 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17467708)
Brohan loses his mind and it's Bruins fans fault

See now you’re getting it

DMBstandUP1984 06-11-2019 05:57 AM

I'm more upset about Theo in that picture

scrock25 06-11-2019 06:00 AM

Hey guys, quick question. Is the Tom Brady being referenced right now the same one that kisses his kids and other grown men on the mouth for inordinately long periods of time? Just want to clarify, let me know.

rickyh24 06-11-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

My sassy joke about Blues fans throwing stuff on the ice was not handled too well. Still melting 48 hours later about it.

drop2d 06-11-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 17467716)
Hey guys, quick question. Is the Tom Brady being referenced right now the same one that kisses his kids and other grown men on the mouth for inordinately long periods of time? Just want to clarify, let me know.

Goddamn Bruins fans... look what you've done to this thread!!!!

rickyh24 06-11-2019 06:03 AM

The NHL Thread: The year of Stanley Cupsets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 17467716)

Not sure. I don’t spend much time thinking about how other men kiss their kids. Might be a buffalo fan thing. I’d like to say there’s nothing wrong with that but I’m not sure that’s the case here.

scrock25 06-11-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drop2d (Post 17467718)
Goddamn Bruins fans... look what you've done to this thread!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 17467719)
Not sure. I don’t spend much time thinking about how other men kiss their kids. Might be a buffalo fan thing. I’d like to say there’s nothing wrong with that but I’m not sure that’s the case here.

:lol :lol

:hug

pathetic 06-11-2019 06:08 AM

fucking sabres fans

ToySoldier#34 06-11-2019 06:08 AM

How are the Bills looking this year?

barbogast 06-11-2019 06:09 AM

The sabres have a fan?

DMBstandUP1984 06-11-2019 06:10 AM

Why can't Boston just keep canal street shut down and roll some screens out like every other city does....super annoying

fonzz41 06-11-2019 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17467664)

I’m still salty about this.

scrock25 06-11-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17467721)
fucking sabres fans

Not really a hockey fan :shrug

But I love you guys so I figured I’d just join in the fun a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 (Post 17467722)
How are the Bills looking this year?

No clue, probably still real shitty.

barbogast 06-11-2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17467728)
I’m still salty about this.

Forgive me that my heart isn’t breaking that we won’t get to see Kaapo next to MacKinnon next year :lol

DMBstandUP1984 06-11-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrock25 (Post 17467729)
Not really a hockey fan :shrug

But I love you guys so I figured I’d just join in the fun a bit.

No clue, probably still real shitty.

CB11 gonna have a career season.

But you guys should have signed McCarron