Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

daveshookme 06-14-2017 12:04 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Sid's "speech" today was the least fucking eloquent thing I've ever heard :lol

barbogast 06-14-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16815058)
This page sucks

Word. Fresh page.

#FreeBorhan

mr.MikeD 06-14-2017 03:33 PM

Murray should retire now. Cup in his zeroth and first season. set the bar way too high too early.

cpxc. 06-14-2017 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
olli maatta partied a little too hard today

daveshookme 06-15-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpxc. (Post 16815458)
olli maatta partied a little too hard today

There's a pic of him being physically propped up in the bed of the truck at the parade. I'll see if I can find it. I'm not surprised he passed out lol

daveshookme 06-15-2017 01:45 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...71eb062064.jpg

TMoore4075 06-15-2017 05:22 AM

Expansion lists due this weekend I think. Hope we see some action the next few days.

dmbwadeo 06-15-2017 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16815554)
Expansion lists due this weekend I think. Hope we see some action the next few days.

Expansion lists due Saturday but I believe the NHL has placed a gag order on all moves (possibly only with Vegas though) so when they announce the Golden Knights on the 21st it'll be a surprise.

kev87lads 06-15-2017 06:14 AM

The protected players lists are due to league at 5 PM on Saturday. On Sunday morning at 10, those lists are released to the public.

Vegas then has from Sunday until Wednesday at 10 AM to make their selections and sign free agents. All of this is to remain private. (We'll see if that happens). Then public reveal of the Vegas team/players at the awards show on Wednesday.

TMoore4075 06-15-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16815605)
The protected players lists are due to league at 5 PM on Saturday. On Sunday morning at 10, those lists are released to the public.

Vegas then has from Sunday until Wednesday at 10 AM to make their selections and sign free agents. All of this is to remain private. (We'll see if that happens). Then public reveal of the Vegas team/players at the awards show on Wednesday.

Yeah someone pointed out that some of the deals Vegas might be working on (like getting a pick to not take this player) probably won't find out until after the expansion draft. Also might find some moves just after with Vegas sending player x to team y, like they worked it out for Vegas to take him so the other team could him. I'd expect some moves to happen soon where teams are trading players they can't protect somewhere to not lose them. Hoping we get that anyways. lol

~Crashintome89~ 06-15-2017 09:12 AM

GMs were told they couldn't announce any trades dealing with Vegas until after the draft.

aeroshady 06-15-2017 09:15 AM

Man, Dan Girardi is gone and Shattykirk is a free agent from New York. Yikes.

TMoore4075 06-15-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16815798)
Man, Dan Girardi is gone and Shattykirk is a free agent from New York. Yikes.

I understand the allure of Shats but does he make them a legit contender? You think NYR just trying to do anything to get one with their closing window?

~Crashintome89~ 06-15-2017 09:32 AM

They should absolutely do it because I hate the Rangers.

But it makes no sense for them to give Shatty a long-term deal and for them to go for it at this time. They still have the Caps and Pens in their cup window as well. And I don't think they're close to knocking either of them off.

Lcsulla 06-15-2017 09:50 AM

Darling's 'goodbye' to Chicago - including a pretty candid account of how he went from an introvert, to a college goalie cut for drinking too much, to the semi-pro leagues, then to rehab where he got fat and onto his fluke signing with the Hawks. I knew he had a bounced around a lot but I had no idea the personal problems he faced.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/sc...odbye-chicago/

aeroshady 06-15-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16815816)
I understand the allure of Shats but does he make them a legit contender? You think NYR just trying to do anything to get one with their closing window?

Nope, I don't think it helps us. I do feel they are trying to make a move for him though. I think he is not the best defensively and would leave Hank high and dry a lot. Also, his age concerns me. Unless the Rangers think they can win the Cup next year, moving for Shat is a fail.

New York has a few young guns waiting to come up as well. I would like to see last year's youth movement continue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16815820)
They should absolutely do it because I hate the Rangers.

But it makes no sense for them to give Shatty a long-term deal and for them to go for it at this time. They still have the Caps and Pens in their cup window as well. And I don't think they're close to knocking either of them off.

I think the Rangers could knock off the Caps to be honest. I would favor the Caps, but would anyone be surprised to see the Rangers beat the Caps right now?

All that said, I agree. The move makes little sense other than he is a big name player from New York. Maybe if he gave a large hometown discount it could work.

TMoore4075 06-15-2017 10:34 AM

Yeah they wouldn't be better than the Caps but could beat the Caps. Sorry Barbs.

barbogast 06-15-2017 11:13 AM

Anyone can beat the Caps. No apologies necessary.

kev87lads 06-15-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16815923)
Anyone can beat the Caps. No apologies necessary.

This is not true. Naw. Caps are good. Except in the case of any opponent in the first or second round of the playoffs.

barbogast 06-15-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16815961)
This is not true. Naw. Caps are good. Except in the case of any opponent in the first or second round of the playoffs.

Exactly.

Nothing's a done deal for them come playoff time. They could literally fall to anyone. No one would be too surprised, either.

TMoore4075 06-15-2017 12:49 PM

To Habs
F Jonathan Drouin
2018 6th RD pick (conditional)

To Lightning
D Mikhail Sergachev
2018 2nd RD pick (conditional)

So anyone know anything about Sergachev?

dmbwadeo 06-15-2017 12:58 PM

Sergachev almost made the Habs last year out of junior. Played 3 or 4 games last year. Won the Memorial Cup with the Windsor Spitfires this past season. Big defenceman but sort of laid back for a big guy. Bit of a mean streak but you really have to push him to get it out.

TMoore4075 06-15-2017 01:01 PM

OK thanks. So a little bit of risk on TBL's part but could pay off if he continues to develop.

kev87lads 06-15-2017 01:04 PM

^ Yes. That. From what the twitterverse is saying. Sounds like the Canadiens (now Lightning) version of Flyers' Provorov.

daveshookme 06-15-2017 02:37 PM

Just met Claude Julien.

dmbetc 06-15-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16816159)
Just met Claude Julien.

Tell me more...

daveshookme 06-15-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16816168)
Tell me more...

Unbelievable. He just flew down from Ogdensburg, NY. town on the border of Canada.

He's going to Boston.

salrx95 06-15-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16816054)
To Habs
F Jonathan Drouin
2018 6th RD pick (conditional)

To Lightning
D Mikhail Sergachev
2018 2nd RD pick (conditional)

So anyone know anything about Sergachev?

And habs already signed him to a 6 year deal. 33 million

dmbetc 06-15-2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16816169)
Unbelievable. He just flew down from Ogdensburg, NY. town on the border of Canada.

He's going to Boston.

Did you ask him if his trip was for business or for pleasure?

daveshookme 06-15-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16816211)
Did you ask him if his trip was for business or for pleasure?

He's been on the phone since he came back down from dinner. Haven't gotten a chance to talk. He flew up there this am, so probably pleasure. He's flown us before and lives outside Ottawa.