Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Dramageek 04-25-2016 08:24 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Great game. Great series. Sorry Hawks fans. While the loss certainly stings, remind yourself you can cry into your 3 Stanley Cups since 2010. :lo

^ The handshake line is one of my favorite things about the playoffs, and the NHL in general.

aeroshady 04-25-2016 08:29 PM

What a game! Sorry Hawks fans. Blues were over due though haha.

I really hope the Preds move on too!

Lcsulla 04-25-2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 16387976)
Both posts. That hurts.

Yeah, that was rough, thought that was in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16387992)
Fuck yessss!!!

Congratulations. Great series, unbelievable battles and plays. 6 out of 7 games decided by one goal along with 3 OT's. Hope Dallas blows you out next round but still, genuine congrats. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16387996)
Sorry Hawks fans. Not your year. Happy just a little for the Blues because like us they got the monkey off their back.

Tarasenko seems like a good kid. He was practically hugging each Hawk.

Handshake line is still one of the greatest things in sports.

Yeah, that was classy at the end during the handshakes - both teams just battled and they are probably as evenly matched as two teams could have been and both teams knew it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16387999)
Great game. Great series. Sorry Hawks fans. While the loss certainly stings, remind yourself you can cry into your 3 Stanley Cups since 2010. :lo

^ The handshake line is one of my favorite things about the playoffs, and the NHL in general.

Yeah, it stings - specifically that first goal that Crawford should have smothered but chose to play instead leading directly to a STL goal a minute into the game. Be easier to shake off if the Yankees had anything going for them right now, guess I will just wait for the Olympics soccer and hope the Raiders make the playoffs this season.

Congrats Blues fans.

Lcsulla 04-25-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16388006)
What a game! Sorry Hawks fans. Blues were over due though haha.

I really hope the Preds move on too!

Yeah, I hope they knock off the damn ducks too. I am firmly cheering for the Caps to win the Cup now.

UCFish 04-25-2016 08:43 PM

Congrats Blues Fans!

Can't be mad....other than that play by Gustafson....

Found out my baby is a boy today! So still a pretty damn good day!

MOWJO8185 04-25-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16388014)
Yeah, that was rough, thought that was in.

Congratulations. Great series, unbelievable battles and plays. 6 out of 7 games decided by one goal along with 3 OT's. Hope Dallas blows you out next round but still, genuine congrats. :)

Yeah, that was classy at the end during the handshakes - both teams just battled and they are probably as evenly matched as two teams could have been and both teams knew it.

Yeah, it stings - specifically that first goal that Crawford should have smothered but chose to play instead leading directly to a STL goal a minute into the game. Be easier to shake off if the Yankees had anything going for them right now, guess I will just wait for the Olympics soccer and hope the Raiders make the playoffs this season.

Congrats Blues fans.

Thanks. Just a ridiculous series.

I'm not sure there could have been anything more symbolic of the Blues luck finally changing than that double post shot late in the 3rd that bounced out.

Lcsulla 04-25-2016 08:44 PM

Credit to Elliot and the Blues D too, cannot even recall a playoff series Chicago has played in where Toews was without a goal. Still no idea how Kane does it, at one point he had the puck skating circles around everyone on the ice for over 30 seconds and finally put a backhand shot on net. Damn, need a drink now but I have an 8am meeting.

dmbetc 04-25-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16388019)
Congrats Blues Fans!

Congratulations Michael!! We'll have some loser beverages together soon.

Lcsulla 04-25-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOWJO8185 (Post 16388021)
Thanks. Just a ridiculous series.

I'm not sure there could have been anything more symbolic of the Blues luck finally changing than that double post shot late in the 3rd that bounced out.

Anytime, you guys played great, all amazing games to watch.

Agreed, I have no idea how that didn't end up in the net, reminded me of earlier in the series when Anisimov put one on net and the puck sat on its side behind Elliot right at the absolute edge of the goal line but never flipped over and went in. Lot of crazy bounces in that series. I think the Blues are now the odds on favorite to win the west but that series had to tire them out a bit both physically and emotionally.

And Brower's goal to win, UGH! First damn point the guy has ever had in a game 7 (that was his seventh game 7) and it has to be the game winner against his former team where he won a cup. Hockey gods on the Blues side right about now.

UCFish 04-25-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16388025)
Congratulations Michael!! We'll have some loser beverages together soon.

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

John Kelly 04-25-2016 08:55 PM

Had the Blues lost tonight, I'm pretty confident the Scottrade Center may have been boarded up forever. Feels good to finally get the hell out of the first round. I hope the Blues aren't gassed after that series though. My heart rate is finally coming back down.

UCFish 04-25-2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kelly (Post 16388034)
Had the Blues lost tonight, I'm pretty confident the Scottrade Center may have been boarded up forever. Feels good to finally get the hell out of the first round. I hope the Blues aren't gassed after that series though. My heart rate is finally coming back down.

I am sure that is a good feeling. Really thought the Hawks had it after they tied it up. Props to the Blues for digging deep.

Lcsulla 04-25-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Congratulations man, very happy for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16388025)
We'll have some loser beverages together soon.

Shame it is only Monday or I would be pulling out the bottle of 190 proof absinthe a buddy mailed to me from Afghanistan! :lol

TrampledUnderw. 04-25-2016 09:18 PM

Idc how much I love the blues, watching games broadcasted from Scottrade Center is awful

TrampledUnderw. 04-25-2016 09:19 PM

But great series, really couldn't get more exciting. Lotsa credit to the Hawks

UCFish 04-25-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. (Post 16388056)
Idc how much I love the blues, watching games broadcasted from Scottrade Center is awful

WTF....I mean can you not tell the guys in front of the Camera to sit down or raise the cameras about 6 inches????

Lcsulla 04-25-2016 09:20 PM

Night all, early meeting tomorrow. Once again, congrats to the Blues and the fans for an amazing series.

UCFish 04-25-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16388045)
Congratulations man, very happy for you!

Thanks we are excited!

We hoped to announce it celebrating a win however it certainly helps to ease the sting of a loss.

mr.MikeD 04-25-2016 09:38 PM

A bad thing about the blues advancing is the garbage camera angles in their building.
Otherwise, no complaints from me.
And, I hadn't refreshed in awhile, bit late to this train...

bartender_man 04-25-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16387990)
Sorry Chris but congrats Blues!!

Someone fresh can get the Cup.

Fresh like the Sharks :cool

fonzz41 04-25-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Congrats Blues Fans!

I feel for Gustafsson. With the way the Hawks lean on their top D and hardly play the bottom 2, the kid was already probably squeezing his stick extra hard, scared to death of screwing up and playing even LESS minutes. And lo and behold...

It's so hard to really get into a groove, comfortable playing your game, when you're only playing 7 minutes a night.

But hey, more importantly, congrats! I never knew what happiness really meant to me until I had kids.

fonzz41 04-25-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16387945)
Very happy for them! :thumbsup But I want Round 2 to start ASAP!

What's crazy is round 2 will start before round 1 is technically over, with the Isles and Lightning playing game 1 before the Ducks and Preds play game 7. Sure it's the same night and they're different conferences, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

dmbetc 04-26-2016 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16388127)
Fresh like the Sharks :cool

That's cute.

salrx95 04-26-2016 03:42 AM

Quote:

Congrats Blues Fans!

Congratulations. More future hockey fans, though my boys don't like hockey as much as I'd like them too but they do watch many first periods here and there before bedtime.

Lots of luck!!!

barbogast 04-26-2016 04:52 AM

Sorry to the Hawks fans. Not sure any of us were expecting a first round exit, but that's the Central I guess. I am pretty happy for the Blues obviously.

Quote:

Congrats Blues Fans!

Congrats dude! We love babies around here. Your first?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16388146)
What's crazy is round 2 will start before round 1 is technically over, with the Isles and Lightning playing game 1 before the Ducks and Preds play game 7. Sure it's the same night and they're different conferences, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

I haven't either. It's a very NBA type move. I don't like it.

Has anyone found anything else regarding round two schedule? I see on nhl.com that Isles/Bolts does indeed start Wednesday, they have nothing else listed that I can see, and a quick google turned up nothing.

unccrombie 04-26-2016 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16388146)

that's weird. I know Brooklyn does a lot of concerts...but I can't imagine scheduling conflicts are that bad.

aeroshady 04-26-2016 05:54 AM

I really hope Nashville finds a way to move on. How great would it be to have 3 teams left in the West who have never won the Cup?

unccrombie 04-26-2016 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16388238)
I really hope Nashville finds a way to move on. How great would it be to have 3 teams left in the West who have never won the Cup?

great for hockey, bad for ratings draw

jrkarger 04-26-2016 06:12 AM

Quote:

Congrats!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrampledUnderw. (Post 16388056)

I've always thought this about the Star's arena. It seems like the camera is about 10-15 rows too low in that place. Always bugs me.

barbogast 04-26-2016 06:17 AM

Just saw a clip of double posts. Wow.