Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

kev87lads 04-03-2016 03:35 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16358874)
It really makes the Atlantic an easy rout to the 3rd round. The MET is insane right now. I would much rather avoid it the way the Rangers have been playing lately.

Right now I would say the way the Rangers are playing:

Against the MET in the playoffs:
Rangers v Pens -Pens win 4-1
Rangers v Caps - Caps win 4-0
Rangers v. Islanders - Islanders win 4-3
Rangers v. Flyers - Flyers win 4-3

They're in a funk, sure. But no chance the Flyers could beat the Rangers in a series.

JRS1386 04-03-2016 04:00 PM

Flyers :lol

TMoore4075 04-03-2016 04:15 PM

Need two ROWs on Wednesday and Thursday and Wings are in.

Dramageek 04-03-2016 04:23 PM

And the Pens feast continues! I hope they actually continue to do this in the playoffs.

JRS1386 04-03-2016 04:23 PM

I really thought with Malkin out and now the flower the Pens would be easier to play but damn

Dramageek 04-03-2016 04:26 PM

When they continue to score 4 to 5 a game, the goalie seems slightly less important.

bradshaw06 04-03-2016 04:29 PM

20 goals in last 4 games.

mr.MikeD 04-03-2016 04:32 PM

This will be unpopular, but it's always around now that I think the season is too long. The sun is out, the snow is gone, the bikes are ready... Not really setting the mood for hockey but there is a ton of it left, Of course, having no Canadian teams left might bias that a little

bradshaw06 04-03-2016 04:35 PM

Just want the pens to get out of this before Simmonds or Gudas tries to kill someone.

TMoore4075 04-03-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16359010)
This will be unpopular, but it's always around now that I think the season is too long. The sun is out, the snow is gone, the bikes are ready... Not really setting the mood for hockey but there is a ton of it left, Of course, having no Canadian teams left might bias that a little

While I'm ok with the season being a little shorter, although not right now as the Wings need all 82, I always love hockey when it's getting a little warmer out. But I have plenty of good times to remember that makes me like it.

~Crashintome89~ 04-03-2016 04:50 PM

Pens are really faster this year with Sheary and Hagelin. That's gonna bode well for them in the playoffs.

Lcsulla 04-03-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16358958)
Seabs is the man. The pass right after off the boards that lead to the goal was perfect too.

Didn't someone in here say he was past his prime the other day. Sure looks pretty sharp to me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16359000)
I really thought with Malkin out and now the flower the Pens would be easier to play but damn

Damn. Did not see that coming. Thought they'd come out pumped up and gunning knowing that a win would put them ahead of both Detroit and Boston.

Best of luck to Stamkos tomorrow. Sucks to loose him for the stretch and playoffs, that said he made the right call. No sense in fucking with blood clots, scary times. TB is in a bind with Stralman gone too. Bishop is going to have to play great and Hedman will have to carry that defense. Yzerman might even have to bring up Drouin to get some fresh and healthy legs to help on offense.

salrx95 04-03-2016 05:57 PM

Pens looking good these days. Dang.

Lcsulla 04-03-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16359087)
Pens looking good these days. Dang.

Yeah, they sure are. Haven't missed a beat since Malkin went down. Outside of them and the Caps (maybe the Ranger if Hanks gets on fire) I do not see any team in the east that would give a West team too much trouble.

swordo84 04-03-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16359010)

We're in the middle of getting 20cm here. Barf!!

Blue Jays won though, so that's cool.

JRS1386 04-03-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16359133)

Blue Jays won though, so that's cool.

Get out of here with your british units

JRS1386 04-03-2016 07:19 PM

Cant believe it hasnt been mentioned yet, but John Scott was recalled by Montreal

lockman21 04-03-2016 08:33 PM

Unreal that both the Wild and Avs have lost their last 3 games. It's like neither wants to make the playoffs.

dmbetc 04-03-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16359182)
Cant believe it hasnt been mentioned yet, but John Scott was recalled by Montreal

The world has gone back to not caring about John Scott.

TMoore4075 04-04-2016 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16359281)
Unreal that both the Wild and Avs have lost their last 3 games. It's like neither wants to make the playoffs.

Seriously. Although most likely the Wild are the team. Would take a lot for them to miss.

TMoore4075 04-04-2016 06:15 AM

Whenever Matty shows up today, I'd like his thoughts:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/04/04/...s-celebration/

barbogast 04-04-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16358705)
Seems like a legit, hard hit. He didn't charge him and even glided into the hit instead motoring into Zadorov. He does get off his skates but it looks like it was after the hit. The biggest thing is that Zadorov had his head down and I think that is what made it worse. From first view it still looks like the contact is still in the chest.

This is pretty how much how I felt about it. Leaving the feet is something that will always happen after contact is made, it's problematic when the players jumps into the hit, which is not the case here

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16358708)
Another point though to go on the side against Wilson. He has a history of questionable, hard hits so that will play a factor. Another thing, while I mentioned that he glided into the hit I should point out its not like he went in soft or slow. He had full steam when he crushed Zadorov so essentially he charged him without his feet pumping. It was still a violent hit and he traveled quite far to make the hit, so yea essentially still a charge.

Surprisingly, Wilson still has never been suspended, though he's been close. It was clearly violent but I think that was the intent. He did travel a long way to make it but I don't see a charge. It looks to me that he maybe did slow up just a touch before making contact. He certainly didn't stride into the hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16358874)
It really makes the Atlantic an easy rout to the 3rd round. The MET is insane right now. I would much rather avoid it the way the Rangers have been playing lately.

Right now I would say the way the Rangers are playing:

Against the MET in the playoffs:
Rangers v Pens -Pens win 4-1
Rangers v Caps - Caps win 4-0
Rangers v. Islanders - Islanders win 4-3
Rangers v. Flyers - Flyers win 4-3

Where as the Atlantic:
Rangers v. Panthers - Rangers win 4-3
Rangers v. Tampa -Rangers win 4-2
Rangers v. Detroit - Rangers win 4-3

I don't think anyone in the world thinks this would be the outcome except you. No way the Caps sweep anyone, especially not the Rangers. Come on.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16359299)

Sadly, what Sarah said. It took until basically the next day for the hockey world to stop caring. But his all star moment is eternal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16359469)
Seriously. Although most likely the Wild are the team. Would take a lot for them to miss.

Yeah, too much. The Avs would have to earn 6 out of 6 points while the Wild earn 0 out of 4 points.

That ain't happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16359486)

Not Matty, but I agree with Patrick's criticisms. 30 goals is something to be proud of. Being down 4-0 in the 3rd period, late in a year where you're going to miss the playoffs for the second straight year after showing so much promise two years ago is not.

It's ok for Duchene to be happy about a personal milestone, but the celebration was a bit much. Your team is getting ready to finish a pretty disappointing season and you're gonna celebrate like that, even when you're getting steam rolled 4-0? Not a great look into opinion

hailtopitt 04-04-2016 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16358377)
PA teams playing amazing puck. Tomorrow should be fun

:lol:lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16358999)
And the Pens feast continues! I hope they actually continue to do this in the playoffs.

Mike Sullivan for Jack Adams

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16359015)
Just want the pens to get out of this before Simmonds or Gudas tries to kill someone.

those were my thoughts exactly...nice to see the Flyers completely rattled in these games instead of the other way around

Wayne Simmonds with one of the dirtiest plays i've seen this year :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16359030)
Pens are really faster this year with Sheary and Hagelin. That's gonna bode well for them in the playoffs.

don't forget Daley, Kessel, Rust and Kuhnhackl...no one can skate with the Penguins right now...and when Geno gets back they'll be that much faster

Quote:

who??

Lcsulla 04-04-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16359133)

:lol That is pretty much nothing, wouldn't even need a shovel if it was powder, we'd just use a broom or wait for it to blow away or melt!

Quote:

Yeah, talk about the Wild limping into the playoffs. They look awful.

Quote:

Agreed, the All Star game thing was great and a wonderful story but he is pretty irrelevant at this point!

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16359503)
Not Matty, but I agree with Patrick's criticisms. 30 goals is something to be proud of. Being down 4-0 in the 3rd period, late in a year where you're going to miss the playoffs for the second straight year after showing so much promise two years ago is not.

It's ok for Duchene to be happy about a personal milestone, but the celebration was a bit much. Your team is getting ready to finish a pretty disappointing season and you're gonna celebrate like that, even when you're getting steam rolled 4-0? Not a great look into opinion

Agreed, just pump your fist and act like you have been there before (he has been close to 30 a few times before) then ask for the puck to put on your trophy wall!

hailtopitt 04-04-2016 07:08 AM

don't think i noticed Giroux on the ice one time yesterday

Dramageek 04-04-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16359525)
don't think i noticed Giroux on the ice one time yesterday

It's safe to say he had little impact on the game either way.

And John Scott, wasn't he the lead singer to AC/DC? (Womp womp.)

swordo84 04-04-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16359523)
:lol That is pretty much nothing, wouldn't even need a shovel if it was powder, we'd just use a broom or wait for it to blow away or melt!

What the hell kind of broom do you have that can move nearly a foot of snow?

fonzz41 04-04-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16358700)
Matty, thoughts on the Wilson/Zadorov hit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16358782)
I haven't seen it, just heard about it. I'll check it out and offer my full analysis.

Finally got around to watching it, and here's the thing: I watched it over and over again to try and find something wrong with it, and I'm just having a hard time. It wasn't a blindside (Zadorov happened to be trying to corral the puck), Wilson was gliding at that point and didn't jump into him - he skated through him just like we were talking about with the Reaves hit a while back, and the hit was shoulder on shoulder. I have high hopes for Zadorov and I hate to see him get hurt, but that seems like a clean, hard check to me.

On the other hand, I can't blame Zadorov much either. He was trying to regain control of the puck and couldn't have done much else. Wilson could have let up a little, he didn't have to freight-train him like that, but he did it and he did it within the rules as far as I can see. There's the longstanding argument between us of whether he SHOULD just because he COULD, but I think we've all pretty much established our sides of that battle.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16359034)
Didn't someone in here say he was past his prime the other day. Sure looks pretty sharp to me!

It's just Bron being Bron. You'll get used to it.
Quote:

So frustrating. I mean, I'd almost RATHER the Wild be winning while the Avs lose, y'know? At least I can say then that the Wild simply deserve it more. But to have the Wild faltering and the Avs not being able to take advantage of it? That sucks even worse. Granted, the Avs have a tough schedule, but I feel like they've just given up.
Quote:

Until the movie comes out, amirite?
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16359486)

My thoughts on Duchene's celly, or Roy's critical comments? I'll try to give both at the same time. I really like that Roy is actually coming down on his players. He admitted after the Washington game that his approach of "trust" with his players has perhaps been too soft and that he needs to start holding more players accountable for their play, or lack thereof. He specifically called out the leadership core, which I have questioned recently as well. I think it's needed.

As for Duchene's celly, yeah it was kinda crazy for a 4-1 game. I know he's excited to get #30, but I would think that the whole playoffs thing would cause him to be a bit more focused and business-like. I don't know, maybe I'm just old-school.

Lcsulla 04-04-2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16359581)
What the hell kind of broom do you have that can move nearly a foot of snow?

A big sturdy ass industrial one that is about a foot tall (just the bristles) and 2 feet wide with hard core bristles!

fonzz41 04-04-2016 11:43 AM

Barbs, could you get me in touch with the guy who does the banners for the Caps?

I'm in need of a useless banner after my decisive Ants Fantasy Hockey championship win. :cool