Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Rodey 09-27-2015 05:00 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16148792)
I mean, yeah, but what if the lawyer left because her case was bullshit? I mean, this is huge:

Maybe the lawyer left because it just really appeared that this whole thing was a fabrication and the mother was just in on it.

I'm not saying I believe that, just playing devil's advocate. There's a lot we don't know, so to say the lawyer ruined her case implies that her case holds water and it's the lawyer's fault this doesn't go to a grand jury.

She's probably lying, but Kane is still a douchebag and probably would rape a chick. I mean, he already choked a chick once.

lockman21 09-27-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodey (Post 16149325)
She's probably lying, but Kane is still a douchebag and probably would rape a chick. I mean, he already choked a chick once.

http://i.imgur.com/SV1Rpez.gif

lockman21 09-27-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16149018)
I'm screwed on the draft most likely since I'll be at Disney World. So don't worry about me. If I happen to be in the room, great. If not, no big deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16149288)
Well yeah, but at least you will be doing something fun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYacdfsORec

As for me, either date is the same. I'll make it work.

waterboy100 09-28-2015 12:02 AM

draft is 10/6 at 5 pacific\8 eastern unless yahoo has an issue. i need to wait for daveshookme to accept his invite before i can schedule it.

dont forget to set keepers by 9/29 at noon pacific\3pm eastern.
keeper rules are here: https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=30290

TMoore4075 09-28-2015 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16149288)
Well yeah, but at least you will be doing something fun...

I'm not complaining, just saying don't worry about me. And hey, I've been apart of the draft the last few years and always start off well and then fall apart late. So maybe I can do well with the computer picking for me.

Lcsulla 09-28-2015 07:17 AM

Blackhawks lock up Seabrook for 8 years at 6.86 million dollars per season. Nice move, he and Keith will be anchoring that defense for years to come now.

So with it looking more and more like Kane is in the clear the Hawks just need to find a FWD similar to Saad and they are right back in the mix to repeat.

Alazais 09-28-2015 08:02 AM

If you draft in the later half of the first round, do you guys pick a goalie?

fonzz41 09-28-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16149410)
draft is 10/6 at 5 pacific\8 eastern unless yahoo has an issue. i need to wait for daveshookme to accept his invite before i can schedule it.

Thanks for setting all this up! Looks like I'll be auto-drafting again this year... let's see if we can pack more Avs onto the roster. ;)

waterboy100 09-28-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16149431)
I'm not complaining, just saying don't worry about me. And hey, I've been apart of the draft the last few years and always start off well and then fall apart late. So maybe I can do well with the computer picking for me.

just sarcasm, doesnt come across very well online. my bad. also, the best fantasy baseball season i ever had was an autodraft.

lockman21 09-28-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16149552)
Blackhawks lock up Seabrook for 8 years at 6.86 million dollars per season. Nice move, he and Keith will be anchoring that defense for years to come now.

So with it looking more and more like Kane is in the clear the Hawks just need to find a FWD similar to Saad and they are right back in the mix to repeat.

Dano sounds/looks like a perfect fit alongside Toews/Hossa.

I'm mostly worried about that third defensive pairing...and Bickell STILL having vertigo.

Lcsulla 09-28-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16149784)
Dano sounds/looks like a perfect fit alongside Toews/Hossa.

I'm mostly worried about that third defensive pairing...and Bickell STILL having vertigo.

Agreed on Dano but my main concern is another solid defenseman. Keith and Seabrook will be logging a lot of ice time and we need someone to take the load off a bit so they are fresh for the playoffs. Love the way Hjalmarsson is progressing, hoping TVR can step it up a notch and hoping that Gustafsson, Rundblad, Schilling or Svedberg will work out as some have predicted.

TMoore4075 09-28-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16149763)
just sarcasm, doesnt come across very well online. my bad. also, the best fantasy baseball season i ever had was an autodraft.

I think my best hockey one was autodrafted too.

lockman21 09-28-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16149832)
Agreed on Dano but my main concern is another solid defenseman. Keith and Seabrook will be logging a lot of ice time and we need someone to take the load off a bit so they are fresh for the playoffs. Love the way Hjalmarsson is progressing, hoping TVR can step it up a notch and hoping that Gustafsson, Rundblad, Schilling or Svedberg will work out as some have predicted.

Well, Daley is going to start on Hjalmarsson's pairing, most likely. He's your best candidate for "another solid defenseman", but after that it's razor thin. I like TvR too, but he's still really young. And as we see with almost every defenseman, young guns make mistakes.

I will say, I'm really excited about this Hawks team. A lot of fresh blood. I really, really miss Sharpie, but other than that, it's all excitement. Should be fun to watch unfold.

daveshookme 09-28-2015 09:26 PM

Alright I took over the nordiques, prob only gonna keep 3, 2 Fwd and a D. Can't keep Johnny Quick, fucking blows.

Do we have a draft order yet? Date/time for when it is? I'm going away this Sunday through the 7th, so I prob will miss it.

daveshookme 09-28-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16149410)

Oh.

Ok.

So yes, I will miss the draft. Fuck :(

waterboy100 09-29-2015 12:10 AM

There are a few teams with issues. Please read.

If you have kept your previous years first round pick, you need to fix that.
That would be the following teams:
Bros before Hossas Jamie Benn
Iafrate Sauce Claude Giroux
Call of Doughty Alex Ovechkin
Officer BOBROVSKY Steven Stamkos
Zeke The Plumber Sidney Crosby

In addition, the following teams need to fix their keepers regarding position limits. You may have 2 forwards. 2 d-men and 1 goalie.
Zeke The Plumber
Bros before Hossas

Please get this fixed by noon Pacific time\3pm eastern time on the 29th.

Ben

dmbetc 09-29-2015 12:32 AM

Oops, thought I had already updated mine. Fixed now though!

waterboy100 09-29-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16150373)
Oops, thought I had already updated mine. Fixed now though!

Happens to the best of us

barbogast 09-29-2015 05:40 AM

Keepers fixed. I really like the idea of all first round picks going back in the pool. That's a great move.

UCFish 09-29-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16150368)
There are a few teams with issues. Please read.

If you have kept your previous years first round pick, you need to fix that.
That would be the following teams:
Bros before Hossas Jamie Benn
Iafrate Sauce Claude Giroux
Call of Doughty Alex Ovechkin
Officer BOBROVSKY Steven Stamkos
Zeke The Plumber Sidney Crosby

In addition, the following teams need to fix their keepers regarding position limits. You may have 2 forwards. 2 d-men and 1 goalie.
Zeke The Plumber
Bros before Hossas

Please get this fixed by noon Pacific time\3pm eastern time on the 29th.

Ben

Clearly some people with bad reading skills in this league.

waterboy100 09-29-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16150700)
Clearly some people with bad reading skills in this league.

it happens. nbd.

Im just excited for hockey tonight. even if it is preseason hockey.

fonzz41 09-29-2015 09:18 AM

Spider-Mable saves Andrew Ference.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/oi...dmonton-event/

hailtopitt 09-29-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16150775)

:lol so good :thumbsup

cool story...always loved Ference when he was here. definitely a guy deserving of the "C"

Spider-Mable ftw!!!

side note: also hilarious that the girl charged with helping solve the "kidnapping" is named "Tooke"

coldengrey12 09-29-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16146627)
do you go to many games? I'm making the trip out to go see them play the Bruins on the 14th. Would be rad to meet up.

Delayed reply: Not really. I try to see at least one of the games each season when they come to the Bay Area and play the Sharks. I went to one of the playoff games when they played each other in 2010. (The Sharks came back in the final minutes of regulation and won in OT.)

The last Avalanche game I saw in Denver was December '09. It was against the Stars and both teams played their backup goalies. Edit: This game. At least we won.

salrx95 09-29-2015 11:50 AM

Have my long time auction draft tonight . Anyone have a sleeper or break star they want to share. Any mid tier G looking to take the next step. Cheap guys who wind into be studs are always helpful.

Roose13 09-29-2015 11:56 AM

Steve Mason will be a top 5 goalie

salrx95 09-29-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16151099)

In the division maybe if you are lucky but we play the whole NHL. Thanks

dmbetc 09-29-2015 12:24 PM

Waterboy, you going tonight?

Roose13 09-29-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16151118)
In the division maybe if you are lucky but we play the whole NHL. Thanks

Says the guy whose goalie wasn't in the top 20 last season. You're adorable.

fonzz41 09-29-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Steve Mason will be a top 250 goalie

Fixed, my friend.

salrx95 09-29-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16151157)
Says the guy whose goalie wasn't in the top 20 last season. You're adorable.

Aww thanks

Please. He was easily top 20, probably around 15, middle of the pack. Him and Mason's numbers probably won't be that far off, except for wins, hopefully .

TMoore4075 09-29-2015 01:21 PM

In no particular order:
Price
Bishop
Rinne
Rask
Holtby
Quick (he'll rebound)
Henrik

That's 7 and Mason ain't in there.

Lcsulla 09-29-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16151088)
Have my long time auction draft tonight . Anyone have a sleeper or break star they want to share. Any mid tier G looking to take the next step. Cheap guys who wind into be studs are always helpful.

I think Teuvo Teravainen will have a nice breakout season and you can probably get him on the cheap, so to speak.

Lcsulla 09-29-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16150130)
Well, Daley is going to start on Hjalmarsson's pairing, most likely. He's your best candidate for "another solid defenseman", but after that it's razor thin. I like TvR too, but he's still really young. And as we see with almost every defenseman, young guns make mistakes.

I will say, I'm really excited about this Hawks team. A lot of fresh blood. I really, really miss Sharpie, but other than that, it's all excitement. Should be fun to watch unfold.

Agreed on the D.

I too am excited but hope we can get a bit more production out of Bickell and Hossa - Desjardins + Kruger too! They are all (except Bickell) solid players at this point but tend to underachieve too often for my tastes! There is only so much time Toews, Kane, Teravainen, Dano and Shaw can spend on the ice!

UCFish 09-29-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

he was my highest goalie for a keeper....I threw him back.

salrx95 09-29-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16151194)
I think Teuvo Teravainen will have a nice breakout season and you can probably get him on the cheap, so to speak.

Thanks but there has already been chatter about him. No clowns in this league . Pretty much all of these guys consider hockey to be their favorite sport so it's highly competitive . Haven't won it since 2007.

fonzz41 09-29-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16150130)

The thing about the Blackhawks is that when you've already got so much money committed to top tier players, there's no way to really get "another solid defenseman" as you move down the depth chart.

There's Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson at the top, who I believe are all top talents. Daley is good for a second pairing. But after that, it simply comes down to dollars. And in a situation like that, your third pairing is simply going to have to be comprised of a combination of vets who've probably lost a step or rookies who are still growing into the role and will probably make some mistakes along the way. Wishing for some miraculously good third pairing just isn't going to happen on a team like the Blackhawks. Expectations need to be tempered according to the role the players are asked to play.

And with that, I'm not saying the third pair will SUCK. Most likely they'll be pretty good FOR THEIR ROLE. Just don't expect them to play like a first or second pairing. I think some Blackhawk fans - accustomed to winning Cups by this point - expect that (not you, Chris or anyone in here necessarily. You're just the one I happened to quote).
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldengrey12 (Post 16150823)
Delayed reply: Not really. I try to see at least one of the games each season when they come to the Bay Area and play the Sharks. I went to one of the playoff games when they played each other in 2010. (The Sharks came back in the final minutes of regulation and won in OT.)

The last Avalanche game I saw in Denver was December '09. It was against the Stars and both teams played their backup goalies. Edit: This game. At least we won.

My bad... I probably should've looked at your "Location". That's cool though that you still try to catch a game or two.

fonzz41 09-29-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salrx95 (Post 16151214)
Thanks but there has already been chatter about him. No clowns in this league . Pretty much all of these guys consider hockey to be their favorite sport so it's highly competitive . Haven't won it since 2007.

For goalies, might want to consider Andrew Hammond or Frederik Andersen if they haven't already been gobbled up. Both are making just over $1 mil. Stalock is another one, but risky as we don't know yet if he or Jones will get the #1 spot in SJ. They're paying Jones to do so, but you never know.

Some forwards who are young, still on the cheap, and could potentially have decent years:
BOS - Pastrnak
CGY - Gaudreau (he's probably already been taken, but just in case)
CBJ - Jenner
DAL - Nichushkin
VAN - Horvat

bradshaw06 09-29-2015 04:59 PM

real live hockey!

coldengrey12 09-29-2015 05:10 PM

^ Give 'em some of that old-time hockey! :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16151276)
My bad... I probably should've looked at your "Location". That's cool though that you still try to catch a game or two.

It's like "Where's Waldo?" looking for other Avalanche fans when I go to the Shark Tank. Fortunately, that maroon stands out strong against the sea of teal.

Dramageek 09-29-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16151314)
real live hockey!

My mom grew up in Johnstown, and my one uncle still lives there. I went to a number of Chiefs games at the War Memorial. It's cool to see this on tv.

Who own da Chiefs?

waterboy100 09-29-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16151120)
Waterboy, you going tonight?

sadly i am not. i was going to, but then ended up selling them.

salrx95 09-30-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16151286)
For goalies, might want to consider Andrew Hammond or Frederik Andersen if they haven't already been gobbled up. Both are making just over $1 mil. Stalock is another one, but risky as we don't know yet if he or Jones will get the #1 spot in SJ. They're paying Jones to do so, but you never know.

Some forwards who are young, still on the cheap, and could potentially have decent years:
BOS - Pastrnak
CGY - Gaudreau (he's probably already been taken, but just in case)
CBJ - Jenner
DAL - Nichushkin
VAN - Horvat

Thanks

Pastrnak, ironically, was my rookie keeper. Everyone has to keep a guy who is under 22 and less than 150 games as the last player on their roster. Nichushkin and Gaudreau were kept as that player.

McDavid wound up going for the most at 90 bucks (we have 450 cap for 21 players, 10 team league). Eichel went for 76.

Only a few top G were not kept and since I needed one, I went high on Crawford and he wound being my most expensive guy.

salrx95 09-30-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16151326)
My mom grew up in Johnstown, and my one uncle still lives there. I went to a number of Chiefs games at the War Memorial. It's cool to see this on tv.

Who own da Chiefs?

That was great. I had it on in the background during my draft and then watched most of slap shot afterwards during my 3 hour draft marathon that ended just before midnight.

Rebecca De Mornay 09-30-2015 06:47 AM

oh my saad.

saad - johansen - foligno line is nasty.

hailtopitt 09-30-2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16151314)
real live hockey!

:lol:thumbsup

Rebecca De Mornay 09-30-2015 08:27 AM

#jacketsin4

Alazais 09-30-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

There it is.

Glad we got our 1 good really bad homer comment from John before the season started. It just wouldn't be an NHL Season without it.

Love you buddy, but Philly is not good.

mr.MikeD 09-30-2015 11:39 AM

Oilers doing well in preseason, admittedly against weak teams not at their best. The thing that makes me happiest is lots of scoring from people not named Connor. Will take the pressure off him and help him develop if the team around him is performing I think.

barbogast 09-30-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

:lol Roose you are the shit but you can't actually believe this

JRS1386 09-30-2015 02:24 PM

Steve Mason will be a top 5 goalie in the Flyers organization, probably number 3 behind Hextall and Hakstoll (name is close enough to #1 it means he has to be a good goalie too by default)

fonzz41 09-30-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16152373)
Steve Mason will be a top 5 goalie in the Flyers organization, probably number 3 behind Hextall and Hakstoll (name is close enough to #1 it means he has to be a good goalie too by default)

Number 4. You're forgetting Cechmanek.

Roose13 09-30-2015 03:07 PM

Mason just came off the second best season in Flyers history for a goalie in save percentage, was sixth in the NHL in GAA and second in percentage last season. He also did this with a crappy team, a crappy backup and was beat up a portion of the season. With his personal expectations for this season and his confidence fully intact since leaving that hell whole in Ohio, Mason is the best he's been as a netminder and is looking to make the jump into the discussion as one of best five or seven goaltenders in the NHL this season.

I am not out of my mind and it's the only homer thing I can say about this team, which will be a No. 7 or No. 8 seed at best this year.

lockman21 09-30-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

lol this is the funniest post in this thread.

Good one, Brohan.

JRS1386 09-30-2015 07:07 PM

Steve Mason will be in the top half of goal tending, I am not ready to crown him top 5. If our young blue liners mature and pan out he will have a more reasonable claim at being top 5

waterboy100 09-30-2015 07:58 PM

Just to be transparent I have removed Stamkos from the keeper list of Officer Bobrovsky as per this post:
https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=30387
I also sent out an email saying the same as the post.

waterboy100 09-30-2015 08:28 PM

Also, all keepers have been inserted into their team. If you go to HERE you can see your team as it currently exists.

All players chosen as keepers that were waiver wire pickups have been inserted as your 17th round pick. I didn't even consider this possibility until I was entering picks. Sorry I don't have a better solution at the moment.

Going forward in years to come:
Each keeper you want to keep will be moved up one round higher (a keeper taken in the second round will mean you lose your first round pick, a keeper taken in the 10th round will require you to give up your 9th round pick, etc).

A player that comes to you via trade will count as if you drafted that player.

If you have a better way to treat waver wire pickups than slotting them into the 17th round, please let me know.

Have a good night y'all.

lockman21 09-30-2015 09:17 PM

Kings Gonna Win with some fucking awesome late round keepers.

waterboy100 09-30-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16152752)
Kings Gonna Win with some fucking awesome late round keepers.

awww. you'll make me blush.

daveshookme 09-30-2015 09:22 PM

Wait. Why does it say I'm not in the league anymore.

:confused

waterboy100 09-30-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16152756)

huh. let me take a look at it.

Roose13 10-01-2015 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterboy100 (Post 16152670)
Just to be transparent I have removed Stamkos from the keeper list of Officer Bobrovsky as per this post:
https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...ostcount=30387
I also sent out an email saying the same as the post.

My bad. I missed that post.

barbogast 10-01-2015 06:27 AM

Thanks again Waterboy for doing all this :thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16152756)

I see 12 teams. I don't know which one is yours but it looks right to me.

fonzz41 10-01-2015 09:38 AM

Not that many care, but I wanna talk about the Avs so I'm gonna!

Weird time to be an Avs fan, as it seems like there's potential for either another crappy season or else a really good one. "Potential" is the key word, with the Avs stockpiling a lot of it over the offseason:

Soderberg: POTENTIAL to be a strong second line center who's skilled in all aspects of the game. Could be magic with Landeskog. Poor man's Forsberg. OR, could be just a decent player on the 3rd line (which the Avs are not paying him to be)

Mikko Rantanen: The Avs 10th overall pick is still on the camp roster and looks to make the team. POTENTIAL to be a big power forward who can score in buckets. Could be great with MacKinnon. OR, very possible that at 18, he needs a year or two to more fully develop

Curtis Glencross: The Avs nabbed him on a PTO after the Leafs cut him, and the thought is he'll be signed to play a secondary scoring role. Could POTENTIALLY rekindle some of that chemistry with Iginla and pot up to 20 goals, which would be great. OR he could be the same player he was in Washington.

Beauchemin: POTENTIAL to be a stabilizing presence on the blueline and a Cup-winning mentor to all the young kids. OR his age could show and he could turn out to be a very high-priced tutor.

First-rounders galore: In this offseason alone the Avs acquired three former first rounders who are still young enough to be considered prospects: Grigorenko, Zadorov, and Brandon Gormley. All have POTENTIAL to be great NHLers, but how much more development will they need?

Skille: Another interesting story in this former 1st-rounder story is Jack Skille, who our CHI fans will remember as something of a first round bust. However, he's been a revelation at camp on his PTO and is looking to make the squad. His skill-set is conducive to Roy's style and the quickness of the Avs. POTENTIAL to be a secondary-scoring talent who can keep up w/ MacKinnon. OR, just another bust.

Bounce backs: Whether from injury (Johnson, Varlamov) or just poor play (Duchene, MacKinnon), key Avs players are looking to bounce back. POTENTIAL all stars. OR, further decline.

So yeah, could be a really interesting year in Colorado. I am envisioning a slow start. But IF Roy can somehow coach all these guys to reach their potential, or at least be on an upward trajectory, this could be a helluva year.

lockman21 10-01-2015 09:47 AM

Matty, I love ya, but don't hitch your horse too much on Skille.

daveshookme 10-01-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16152864)
Thanks again Waterboy for doing all this :thumbsup

I see 12 teams. I don't know which one is yours but it looks right to me.

Yeah we're all good. we got it straightened out last night, hope it doesn't drop me again mid-season though.

'94 and much more is me, for the record.

fonzz41 10-01-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16153255)
Matty, I love ya, but don't hitch your horse too much on Skille.

Yeah, I think in my post I made it pretty clear that I wasn't. The skille (haha) is there, but, well, his career to date speaks for itself.

It's a low-risk move, fortunately. If they sign him, it will likely be to a small contract and his role will not be a big one. He won't be relied on to carry the team. BUT, if Roy can somehow help him find that magic, he's surrounded by just the right type of players to help him be successful.

Again, just another "potential" story in Colorado.

barbogast 10-01-2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 16153275)
Yeah, I think in my post I made it pretty clear that I wasn't. The skille (haha) is there, but, well, his career to date speaks for itself.

It's a low-risk move, fortunately. If they sign him, it will likely be to a small contract and his role will not be a big one. He won't be relied on to carry the team. BUT, if Roy can somehow help him find that magic, he's surrounded by just the right type of players to help him be successful.

Again, just another "potential" story in Colorado.

:lol :lol

No idea why that struck me so funny

Good Avs summary, btw. I'm hoping for both of us Varly has a better season, my fantasy goaltending was a nightmare last year mostly because of him.

One would have to think MacKinnon will bounce back in a big way. I'm losing faith in Matt Duchene, quite frankly. Not that he's bad certainly, quite the opposite, but I'm not sure he's going to grow into the elite superstar Avs fans were once hoping he would.

fonzz41 10-01-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16153289)
:lol :lol

No idea why that struck me so funny

Good Avs summary, btw. I'm hoping for both of us Varly has a better season, my fantasy goaltending was a nightmare last year mostly because of him.

One would have to think MacKinnon will bounce back in a big way. I'm losing faith in Matt Duchene, quite frankly. Not that he's bad certainly, quite the opposite, but I'm not sure he's going to grow into the elite superstar Avs fans were once hoping he would.

Agree with you on both MacKinnon and Duchene. Mac, to be honest with you, is the least of my concerns. He will bounce back.

But yeah, something needs to happen with Duchene. When you watch him play, it's amazing. He's SO skilled. There are maybe a handful of players as agile as him on the ice. His 0-60 speed and ability to maneuver through tight spots is almost unmatched. And he WORKS hard. I can never fault him that. He never takes a shift off.

But I think I figured it out after watching him this season: Smarts and confidence. He simply doesn't make the right decisions. He shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot. Waits either a second too long or doesn't wait long enough. If he can settle down and just let instinct take over, I think he'll finally get to that all-star level. And I hope he does, because when he's there, he's hard to stop.

~Crashintome89~ 10-01-2015 04:17 PM

Statistically speaking, last year--Steve Mason was a top 5 goalie, and if he wasn't he was hovering right in that range.

Take away names and wins, just post up save percentage and GAA, and he's right there. Too bad the team in front of him sucks.

kev87lads 10-01-2015 05:48 PM

Flyers are barely 6th best in their own division. They'll probably finish 9th-11th in the East.

bradshaw06 10-01-2015 07:05 PM

Somehow Devan Dubnyk had better stats than Henrik last year.

~Crashintome89~ 10-01-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16153862)
Somehow Devan Dubnyk had better stats than Henrik last year.

Yeah, he went on a tear last year that he won't be able to replicate. Same thing with Andrew Hammond.

I think Mason is the real deal though. Too bad the Flyers D prospects are still a few years away.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-02-2015 07:02 AM

can't believe this entire thread has me on ignore.

it almost feels like ive been posting exclusively about one of the worst, smallest market, least interesting teams in the NHL for the past three years.

odd.

~Crashintome89~ 10-02-2015 07:13 AM

we only ignore fans of teams who haven't won a playoff series yet.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-02-2015 07:17 AM

well then i look forward to some stimulating convos with all of you in 7 months.

~Crashintome89~ 10-02-2015 07:18 AM

let's hope so when you knock off the Pens.

hailtopitt 10-02-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16154171)
well then i look forward to some stimulating convos with all of you in 7 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16154173)
let's hope so when you knock off the Pens.

:lol classic non-playoff team banter

october 2nd :lol

Rebecca De Mornay 10-02-2015 07:22 AM

have we done predictions yet?
only doing eastern conference playoff teams

METRO:
1. Pens
2. Caps
3. CBJ
4. Rangers (WC)
5. Islanders (WC)

Altantic:
1. Montreal
2. Tampa
3. Detroit

Islanders beat Pens in 7
Montreal beats Rangers in 7
Tampa beats Detroit in 5
CBJ beats Caps in 6

Montreal beats Islanders in 6
Tampa beats CBJ in 7

Montreal beats Tampa in 7

Hopefully someone from the west beats Montreal in the cup

~Crashintome89~ 10-02-2015 07:46 AM

you're putting the blue jackets ahead of the Rangers?

Bold move, homer.

ryguy469 10-02-2015 07:53 AM

^I sadly agree with those predictions from top to bottom.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-02-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16154241)
you're putting the blue jackets ahead of the Rangers?

Bold move, homer.

i think i saw a fan of your squad predict mason was going to be a top 5 goal tender this year.
which is more ridiculous?

TMoore4075 10-02-2015 09:22 AM

Good thing Wings have depth up the ass cause DeKeyser is out for 3-4 weeks. So him and Pavel probably don't play until early November.

lockman21 10-02-2015 09:44 AM

Yes! Time for Chris's "I'm stupid and am always wrong with predictions" predictions!

Eastern Conference

Tim is an old man division
1. x - Tampa Bay Lightning
2. x - Montreal Canadiens
3. x - Detroit Red Wings
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Buffalo Sabres
6. Florida Panthers
7. Toronto Maple Leafs
8. Boston Bruins

Really stupid name division
1. x - New York Rangers
2. x - Washington Crapitals
3. x - Shittsburgh Penguins
4. x - Columbus Blue Jackets
5. x - New York Islanders
6. Philadelphia Flyers
7. Carolina Hurricanes
8. New Jersey Devils

Bestern Conference

Blackhawks division
1. x - Chicago Blackhawks
2. x - St. Louis Blues
3. x - Dallas Stars
4. x - Nashville Predators
5. x - Minnesota Wild
6. Winnipeg Jets
7. Colorado Avalanche

Cheaters and thugs, worst division in NHL
1. x - Anaheim Ducks
2. x - Calgary Flames
3. x - Los Angeles Kings
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Edmonton Oilers
6. Vancouver Canucks
7. Arizona Coyotes

Eastern conference playoffs a.k.a. "Who gives a shit, gonna lose to the Western Conference winner anyway"

NY Rangers over NY Islanders
Columbus BJs over Tampa Bay Lightning
Canadiens over Detroit Sucks
Shittsburgh over Crapitals

Rags over Shittsburgh
Columbus over Montreal

Rags over Columbus

Bestern Conference playoffs

MIGHTY Ducks over Minnesota
Chicago over White-trashville
Dallas over St. Neverwinsintheplayoffs
Calgary over Kings

Calgary over Anaheim
Chicago over Dallas

Chicago over Calgary

Hawks/Rags SCF...no prediction as I never predict the Finals because of scary voodoo curses

lockman21 10-02-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16154474)
Good thing Wings have depth up the ass cause DeKeyser is out for 3-4 weeks. So him and Pavel probably don't play until early November.

Ahhhhh, yes. The annual important players on the Red Wings LTIR list is already starting.

TMoore4075 10-02-2015 09:54 AM

Didn't happen till late last year and I have no fear for the future. The kids have been great during the preseason.

UCFish 10-02-2015 10:00 AM

Dano sent down and Bickell on waivers.........did not expect either of those.

TMoore4075 10-02-2015 10:06 AM

The Bickell one, can't imagine anyone claiming him. If they wanted him, they'd try a trade and Hawks eat some of that. Plus sending him down saves you less than a million bucks. I guess trying anything.

lockman21 10-02-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 16154533)
Dano sent down and Bickell on waivers.........did not expect either of those.

Dano sort of became expected after how he's played lately. Q even said that he thought Dano was watching Toews and Hossa too much instead of playing his game.

Also, this is incredibly important as well:

https://twitter.com/marklazerus/stat...76359544950784

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16154540)
The Bickell one, can't imagine anyone claiming him. If they wanted him, they'd try a trade and Hawks eat some of that. Plus sending him down saves you less than a million bucks. I guess trying anything.

Eh, there are a lot of teams that have the cap space that maybe could use an extra big body, but didn't want to part with draft picks. It's a free player if you have the space, instead of parting with something to get him.

I could see Edmonton, NY Islanders, Panthers, Preds, or Jets taking a chance at a free NHL experienced forward, especially one that's made a couple of Cup runs lately and produces relatively well in the playoffs.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

TMoore4075 10-02-2015 10:27 AM

Yeah but can't imagine the Hawks were asking for much if they (a team with space) wanted him. A 6th rounder for him?? I mean Hawks can't be picky here.

lockman21 10-02-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16154557)
Yeah but can't imagine the Hawks were asking for much if they (a team with space) wanted him. A 6th rounder for him?? I mean Hawks can't be picky here.

Apparently a deal to the Oilers for Nikitin almost happened. I don't know full details though.

Rebecca De Mornay 10-02-2015 12:03 PM

wow columbus in the ECF?
is lockman trying to get me to blow him?

hailtopitt 10-02-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16154680)
wow columbus in the ECF?

i've got C-bus winning it all, what does that get me?

Rebecca De Mornay 10-02-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16154704)

a slap in the face for being a sarcastic bitch.

;)

you coming to columbus for a game this year? don't even come for a pens game i don't want to bicker with you.

hailtopitt 10-02-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16154709)
a slap in the face for being a sarcastic bitch.

;)

you coming to columbus for a game this year? don't even come for a pens game i don't want to bicker with you.

i would like to, yes

got an extra ticket for me?

~Crashintome89~ 10-02-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

wow columbus in the ECF?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16154704)

Maybe I should have just kept my ban.

swordo84 10-02-2015 02:14 PM

Eberle is out 4-6 weeks. Blue Jays are AL East Champs....my interest in hockey is going to be on the back-burner for at least a couple weeks.

Nice to be cheering for a winner for a change!

dmbetc 10-02-2015 02:56 PM

Wish I was at frozen fury.

dmbetc 10-02-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16154904)
Eberle is out 4-6 weeks. Blue Jays are AL East Champs....my interest in hockey is going to be on the back-burner for at least a couple weeks.

Nice to be cheering for a winner for a change!

Good luck to your team!

JRS1386 10-02-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

wow columbus in the ECF?

You forgot the word again