Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

space_raven 05-11-2015 05:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15943970)
Not hockey but Rasheed Wallace did it for game 2 of the ECF's in 2004 and it actually happened. Takes balls to say it.

No it doesn't. Anyone can say it. If the guarantee happens that person looks like a hero/prophet. If the guarantee doesn't happen they just look like one the 100's of others that guaranteed a win and lost.

salrx95 05-11-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944013)
:lol Rangers fans worrying

I know, right. Anything can happen but they are in the driver's seat and a big favorite, imo.

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15944024)
No it doesn't. Anyone can say it. If the guarantee happens that person looks like a hero/prophet. If the guarantee doesn't happen they just look like one the 100's of others that guaranteed a win and lost.

Anyone can say it? Really? Didn't know people could use their mouths to speak. I think it takes balls cause when they lose (sorry barbs) he'll be ridiculed for it for a long time. Sure people might forget eventually but he'll get crapped on for a while. Hockey fans will remember for a long time because that's what we do and it's the Caps blowing a 3-1 lead...again.

aeroshady 05-11-2015 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944013)
:lol Rangers fans worrying

At the end of the day, both teams have won 3 games, every game has been decided by one goal, the Caps were amazing in the third period, the Caps have already won a game 7 this post season, and really ANYTHING can happen in game 7's. Of course we are worried too.

This is game 7...no body ever knows how it will play out. I hope like hell the Rangers find a way....but the Caps could easily take game 7.

Any Rangers fan who is not worried if crazy. Not saying the Caps fans shouldn't be worried either...just saying we should be just as worried.

aeroshady 05-11-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15944043)
Anyone can say it? Really? Didn't know people could use their mouths to speak. I think it takes balls cause when they lose (sorry barbs) he'll be ridiculed for it for a long time. Sure people might forget eventually but he'll get crapped on for a while. Hockey fans will remember for a long time because that's what we do and it's the Caps blowing a 3-1 lead...again.

It is a bigger deal because it was Ovi who said it. Anytime you have one of the best players in the world saying something like that it means a lot more. If the Caps roll out of NY winning game 7, Ovi will finally have stepped up as the leader of his team and as a clutch playoff performer (especially if he scores in game 7). If he and the Caps lose, it will not be forgotten for the rest of his career and then some. His own fans will be the hardest critics of it.

Either way, got to give him credit...game 7 just became must watch sports for everyone...not just hockey fans now.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-11-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15943954)
Ovechkin has guaranteed a game 7 win

:rolleyes

ESPN is #loving it.

space_raven 05-11-2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15944043)

Great opening to that post Mr. Literal :rolleyes

No one will remember it outside of DC because there's no track record with the Caps and winning where anyone will take it seriously. It fall's more into saying it more to motivate his team then being a ballsy thing to say.

aeroshady 05-11-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15944052)

No one will remember it outside of DC because there's no track record with the Caps and winning where anyone will take it seriously. It fall's more into saying it more to motivate his team then being a ballsy thing to say.

Disagree with this post completely. His team doesn't need motivation...this was for the Fans. And yes, it is being talked about everywhere today...so it will have a record in more than just the D.C. area.

space_raven 05-11-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15944064)
Disagree with this post completely. His team doesn't need motivation...this was for the Fans. And yes, it is being talked about everywhere today...so it will have a record in more than just the D.C. area.

:lol even worse... for the FANS, really? It's the flavor of the day. Could be great for the Caps if they do win or Ovie will be eating his words, get crap for it for a few days/months after, and for gotten about quickly in the minds of most hockey fans.

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15944051)
ESPN is #loving it.

Running a McDonald's ad?

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15944072)
... and for gotten about quickly in the minds of most hockey fans.

You're definitely new here. Stick around for a while and see how quickly things are forgotten.

aeroshady 05-11-2015 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15944072)
:lol even worse... for the FANS, really? It's the flavor of the day. Could be great for the Caps if they do win or Ovie will be eating his words, get crap for it for a few days/months after, and for gotten about quickly in the minds of most hockey fans.

I really don't think it will be forgotten if they lose. It will never be forgotten if they win...even more so if they were to win the Cup.

space_raven 05-11-2015 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15944083)
You're definitely new here. Stick around for a while and see how quickly things are forgotten.

I am new, but I'm speaking about the hockey world at large forgetting about it or just making fun of it (if they lose*), not here on AM.org, either way, HERE, it will never be forgotten. THAT I guarantee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15944085)
I really don't think it will be forgotten if they lose. It will never be forgotten if they win...even more so if they were to win the Cup.

We'll see what happens.

That's obvious though.

dmbwadeo 05-11-2015 06:40 AM

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this...I was just browsing the "People You May Know" feature of LinkedIn. And who came up? None other than Rico Fata.

ryguy469 05-11-2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15944052)

This is just wrong. So, so wrong.

space_raven 05-11-2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy469 (Post 15944173)
This is just wrong. So, so wrong.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15944085)

It won't be forgotten when they lose. Just more fuel for the Ovi haters in the media, but unlike past things, this one he'll do to himself.

With the Rangers track record in elimination games at home, the Caps record in games 7 overall and their history of blowing series like this, I don't even know why I'm going to bother watching on Wednesday. Oh, I'll watch, but I'll hate myself for it later. :BANG

aeroshady 05-11-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15944244)
It won't be forgotten when they lose. Just more fuel for the Ovi haters in the media, but unlike past things, this one he'll do to himself.

With the Rangers track record in elimination games at home, the Caps record in games 7 overall and their history of blowing series like this, I don't even know why I'm going to bother watching on Wednesday. Oh, I'll watch, but I'll hate myself for it later. :BANG

Or love yourself later...that is the great part of game 7's!

No doubt we both have to watch. For one of us, it will be the last game of the season. After Wednesday, one of us will have to wait until October, basically 6 months, to watch our team play. So even if ends in a loss, I will be glued to the TV for the Rangers game with the hopes that it is not the last time I see them before fall!!

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15944252)
Or love yourself later...that is the great part of game 7's!

No doubt we both have to watch. For one of us, it will be the last game of the season. After Wednesday, one of us will have to wait until October, basically 6 months, to watch our team play. So even if ends in a loss, I will be glued to the TV for the Rangers game with the hopes that it is not the last time I see them before fall!!

Well yeah, but I'm just assuming they'll lose. That way, if they somehow don't, I can be pleasantly surprised. With the way all DC sports teams operate, I've just gotten to the point that I assume they'll embarrass themselves and crush my hopes. That way, I keep myself from getting too down.

That's what 0 championships in 23 years from our 4 major teams will do to you.

aeroshady 05-11-2015 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15944274)
Well yeah, but I'm just assuming they'll lose. That way, if they somehow don't, I can be pleasantly surprised. With the way all DC sports teams operate, I've just gotten to the point that I assume they'll embarrass themselves and crush my hopes. That way, I keep myself from getting too down.

That's what 0 championships in 23 years from our 4 major teams will do to you.

I hear ya, it is hard to shake those feelings for sure. I posted about this during last years run, but I was not really old enough or a big enough hockey fan to enjoy 1994. Since that time (until last year) it has been a lot of heart ache.

I am also a forever Red Sox fan (with a little bit of a likefest for the Mets tossed in there), I know what it is like to feel pain. I can't tell you how bad losing the ALCS to the Yankees in 2003 felt. Obviously things got better just one year later! If the Sox can turn it around, so can the Caps eventually.

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15943954)
Ovechkin has guaranteed a game 7 win

:rolleyes

He went full Messier. You never go full Messier.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-11-2015 08:28 AM

just saw that Wiz has been a healthy scratch for the ducks.

that's looking like a pretty good trade for CBJ right now.

barbogast 05-11-2015 08:35 AM

I am not 100% sure at this time that I will watch game 7. Don't really need to watch it happen again. I'll be able to watch, so I likely will, but it won't take long to bail. I won't lie (and feel free to call me a bad fan if you'd like), I turned off last night's game after Kreider scored 40 seconds in. I turned it back on with a couple minutes left in the first, then when Kreider scored again with 0.3 seconds left I turned it off for good. Was continuously aware of what was happening, but I stayed out. I already knew the result.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-11-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944307)
I am not 100% sure at this time that I will watch game 7. Don't really need to watch it happen again. I'll be able to watch, so I likely will, but it won't take long to bail. I won't lie (and feel free to call me a bad fan if you'd like), I turned off last night's game after Kreider scored 40 seconds in. I turned it back on with a couple minutes left in the first, then when Kreider scored again with 0.3 seconds left I turned it off for good. Was continuously aware of what was happening, but I stayed out. I already knew the result.

oh help me rhonda, you'll watch.

and you should, it's supposed to be fun.

it will be super disappointing if they lose since they had the 3-1 lead but still a great season for them

Rebecca De Mornay 05-11-2015 08:40 AM

do you guys think the rangers made it 4-3 on purpose to keep their streak of 1 goal playoff games alive?

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944307)

My dad left when it was 4-1. I stayed in my seat until the final buzzer.

barbogast 05-11-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15944312)

it will be super disappointing if they lose since they had the 3-1 lead but still a great season for them

Yeah I mean there's definitely a lot to be happy about this season. But still, the playoff thing is beyond frustrating. It's hard to keep going through it.

And it's never fun. I should watch, and I at least will at the start, but if it goes bad quick I won't hesitate to cut my TV off. Not shy about that at all

barbogast 05-11-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15944334)
My dad left when it was 4-1. I stayed in my seat until the final buzzer.

I'm dead serious that I stopped watching at the first intermission. Even when I got texts that they were coming back, my only response was "not gonna matter"

Rebecca De Mornay 05-11-2015 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944336)
Yeah I mean there's definitely a lot to be happy about this season. But still, the playoff thing is beyond frustrating. It's hard to keep going through it.

And it's never fun. I should watch, and I at least will at the start, but if it goes bad quick I won't hesitate to cut my TV off. Not shy about that at all

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills - and an NHL team that has never won a playoff series. Let me tell you about frustration.

you have to watch though, i always go down with the ship.

last year in against the pens when they went up 4-0 in game 6 i just stayed in my seat the entire time trying to take it all in since i knew it could be years before they were back again.

barbogast 05-11-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15944353)
I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills - and an NHL team that has never won a playoff series. Let me tell you about frustration.

you have to watch though, i always go down with the ship.

last year in against the pens when they went up 4-0 in game 6 i just stayed in my seat the entire time trying to take it all in since i knew it could be years before they were back again.

Yeah I mean I know Caps fans aren't the only ones who have it this bad. Kinda feels like it sometimes. There's always so much hope and promise. Then it crashes back to earth. As far as NHL is concerned, I think Sabres fans, Blues fans and Canucks fans are the only fans that can gripe as hard as Caps fans. We'll see. I'm sure it's gonna go the way I don't want it to but I guess it's not a done deal until it's done.

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15944312)

Game 7 is only fun when you win. All the stress for a fan leading up to it or during the game, when you win you can look back and be like whoa that was fun, but when you lose....awful.

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944390)
Yeah I mean I know Caps fans aren't the only ones who have it this bad. Kinda feels like it sometimes. There's always so much hope and promise. Then it crashes back to earth. As far as NHL is concerned, I think Sabres fans, Blues fans and Canucks fans are the only fans that can gripe as hard as Caps fans. We'll see. I'm sure it's gonna go the way I don't want it to but I guess it's not a done deal until it's done.

I'm a Lions fan man, I' there with you. You can change 1000 things and it won't matter. I remember people being all happy that Schwartz was fired and I was like "It won't matter." They'll find a way to fail again. It's amazing. Different coaches, players, management...it doesn't matter.

aeroshady 05-11-2015 09:33 AM

It is hard to compare with other teams because you don't know what their fans are feeling. Losing in the playoffs sucks no matter what. Yes, last year's run was amazing for the Rangers. You know why losing in the finals still felt good in the long run though? Because the Rangers have been nothing but frustrating for the 20 years before that. Including the entire time I have been a fan. Unless your team has won a Cup recently (last 10-15 years), losing hurts. Especially if the team you are watching is your overall favorite in any sport...like the Rangers are for me. Sox come close...but they are not on the level as the Rangers are for me.

I believe you need to watch game 7 as long as it remains close. If the Caps go up 2 or 3 nothing...yeah, ill probably turn on my happy music and get ready for baseball season. As long as the game is still within reach though...I will be watching.

I truly believe this series is 50% either way.

mthawk07 05-11-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944390)

I think Sharks fans could have a similar gripe, as well.

barbogast 05-11-2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthawk07 (Post 15944447)
I think Sharks fans could have a similar gripe, as well.

Nah. They've been around for 20 years. Once they've put in 20 more then we'll talk.

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 09:53 AM

See, I get people talking about the futility of individual NHL teams, but generally those cities have other sports teams that have won. Some don't, like Buffalo or Cleveland. And I know a ton of people in here are hockey fans and don't give a bleep about basketball/baseball/hockey. But I'm a fan of all sports, and root for all DC's teams. Of the cities that have a team in each of the four major US professional sports leagues, DC has gone the longest without winning anything.

So I get the frustration from hockey fans whose teams have also been bad. But for me, the thing that hurts is that as a fan of all sports, if I lived in the bay area, yeah the Sharks have been futile, but I'd have the Giants. I know that's no solace to someone who isn't a baseball fan, but I think the Caps would hurt me less if at least some DC team had won a title since 1992.

Dramageek 05-11-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15944433)
It is hard to compare with other teams because you don't know what their fans are feeling. Losing in the playoffs sucks no matter what. Yes, last year's run was amazing for the Rangers. You know why losing in the finals still felt good in the long run though? Because the Rangers have been nothing but frustrating for the 20 years before that. Including the entire time I have been a fan. Unless your team has won a Cup recently (last 10-15 years), losing hurts. Especially if the team you are watching is your overall favorite in any sport...like the Rangers are for me. Sox come close...but they are not on the level as the Rangers are for me.

I believe you need to watch game 7 as long as it remains close. If the Caps go up 2 or 3 nothing...yeah, ill probably turn on my happy music and get ready for baseball season. As long as the game is still within reach though...I will be watching.

I truly believe this series is 50% either way.

No matter what transpires, you have to be proud of the Rags for clawing back from being down 3-1 in each of the last two playoffs. I heard this morning that they were something like 13-3 in their last 16 games facing elimination. Not too shabby under pressure. But yeah, I imagine you eventually want a Cup to show for it.

The Pens just won back in 2009, so I can't complain too much at all, but with each passing year, the losing stings just a little more.

barbogast 05-11-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15944475)
See, I get people talking about the futility of individual NHL teams, but generally those cities have other sports teams that have won. Some don't, like Buffalo or Cleveland. And I know a ton of people in here are hockey fans and don't give a bleep about basketball/baseball/hockey. But I'm a fan of all sports, and root for all DC's teams. Of the cities that have a team in each of the four major US professional sports leagues, DC has gone the longest without winning anything.

So I get the frustration from hockey fans whose teams have also been bad. But for me, the thing that hurts is that as a fan of all sports, if I lived in the bay area, yeah the Sharks have been futile, but I'd have the Giants. I know that's no solace to someone who isn't a baseball fan, but I think the Caps would hurt me less if at least some DC team had won a title since 1992.

Yeah I don't really care about the other sports but damn is it hard on DC. I try with Redskins every year and stop caring by about week 5, the Nationals seem like they're about to become equally as playoff miserable as the Caps, and the Wiz, well I couldn't give two shits about the NBA but I sure they don't become choke artists too now that they seem like they're gonna be competitive for a little while.

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15944478)
No matter what transpires, you have to be proud of the Rags for clawing back from being down 3-1 in each of the last two playoffs. I heard this morning that they were something like 13-3 in their last 16 games facing elimination. Not too shabby under pressure. But yeah, I imagine you eventually want a Cup to show for it.

The Pens just won back in 2009, so I can't complain too much at all, but with each passing year, the losing stings just a little more.

And the Capitals are 4-12 in their last 16 chances to clinch a series. Oof.

Can't tell you what I'd give to have a championship from any team in the last decade.

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15944478)

This. Yes I've seen 4 in my lifetime (more than anyone else in this thread) but over time, who cares? I'm not one of those Habs fans who will say "We've got 24 Cups!" And your last one was???? All of those made the last few years bearable until this year. They were a Cup contender through the first week of March and died after that. Their window gets smaller and smaller with some of these guys.

RiotAct 05-11-2015 10:12 AM

I wish I could contribute to this discussion about being able to relish in past championship successes, but.... you know.

barbogast 05-11-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15944506)
And the Capitals are 4-12 in their last 16 chances to clinch a series. Oof.

Can't tell you what I'd give to have a championship from any team in the last decade.

*last two decades

aeroshady 05-11-2015 11:11 AM

Stupid west coast and their short series....I want to watch hockey tonight!

Rebecca De Mornay 05-11-2015 11:15 AM

i thought tampa/montreal was tonight, that sucks

unccrombie 05-11-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15944729)

really dumb it isnt.
and 2 days off for NY/WSH

TMoore4075 05-11-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15944736)
really dumb it isnt.
and 2 days off for NY/WSH

Was Hawks/Wild supposed to be tonight maybe? A lot of things go into these schedules so when a series ends early, tough to adjust. Hey, Wings-Habs would have had game 6 tonight...sigh.

btw, you flipped the last two words there and totally changed the meaning of what you were saying. Also sounds like Yoda

unccrombie 05-11-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15944754)
Was Hawks/Wild supposed to be tonight maybe? A lot of things go into these schedules so when a series ends early, tough to adjust. Hey, Wings-Habs would have had game 6 tonight...sigh.

btw, you flipped the last two words there and totally changed the meaning of what you were saying. Also sounds like Yoda

:lol yeah
yoda indeed
:lol

dmbwadeo 05-11-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15944729)

I believe there is a Bette Middler concert in Tampa tonight.

barbogast 05-11-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15944754)

:lol :lol

UNC41 05-11-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15944475)

The Twin Cities have gone longer ... a whole four months longer. :lol

SirBobalew 05-11-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNC41 (Post 15944958)
The Twin Cities have gone longer ... a whole four months longer. :lol

I stand corrected. So I guess at least I'm not from Minnesota?

JRS1386 05-11-2015 03:01 PM

Space Raven proves again that eating paste in school is not always a smart option

space_raven 05-11-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15945113)
Space Raven proves again that eating paste in school is not always a smart option

Sometimes it is, but not always.

Where you a glue sniffer? Because we all know you're not so bright.

Roose13 05-11-2015 06:48 PM

Every team has a Brohan. The Rangers have finally found theirs :lol

barbogast 05-11-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15945543)
Sometimes it is, but not always.

Where you a glue sniffer? Because we all know you're not so bright.

space_raven 05-11-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15945611)

Ok, I made a typo. Hysterical.

barbogast 05-11-2015 07:00 PM

In that instance yes it is

space_raven 05-11-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15945645)
In that instance yes it is

Fannnnnntastic.

space_raven 05-11-2015 07:07 PM

I could've pulled a JRS and played it off like I meant to do it.

JRS1386 05-11-2015 07:15 PM

Please don't tell me you are referring to when I spelled like as liek. If so, I fear there is no hope for you

space_raven 05-11-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15945680)
Please don't tell me you are referring to when I spelled like as liek. If so, I fear there is no hope for you

Some people take the internet wayyyyy too serious. Looking at you JRS.

space_raven 05-11-2015 07:25 PM

Aw, what an honor, you sig'd me. You do like me after all!!!!!! Yessssss!!!!!!!

aeroshady 05-11-2015 07:26 PM

See what happens when there is a night with no hockey??

JRS1386 05-11-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15945709)
Aw, what an honor, you sig'd me. You do like me after all!!!!!! Yessssss!!!!!!!

We are bff (best frenemies forever)

space_raven 05-11-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15945715)
We are bff (best frenemies forever)

First thing I agree with you on.

Brohan_Santana 05-11-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944341)
I'm dead serious that I stopped watching at the first intermission. Even when I got texts that they were coming back, my only response was "not gonna matter"

You sir are the definition of a Debbie Downer. Congrats

Brohan_Santana 05-11-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15945710)
See what happens when there is a night with no hockey??

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-12-2015 06:28 AM

this thread is ruined.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 06:36 AM

We might need to do some season-end awards to get us back on track.

barbogast 05-12-2015 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15945868)
You sir are the definition of a Debbie Downer. Congrats

Sorry I make you sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15946143)
this thread is ruined.

Talk about a Debbie downer. Sheesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15946174)

Yes, please.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15946174)

:thumbsup

Hey, at least there's hockey tonight!

And hey, at least my team's season is guaranteed to last at least one more day.

JRS1386 05-12-2015 07:56 AM

I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome and Space Raven is not.

space_raven 05-12-2015 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15946382)

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15946389)

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_raven (Post 15944200)

Pete and repeat walk into a bar...

/obviously you're not a golfer

space_raven 05-12-2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946394)
Pete and repeat walk into a bar...

/obviously you're not a golfer

If the shoe fits....

barbogast 05-12-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 15946382)

Probably gonna be sigging the bolded portion. Your support is appreciated :thumbsup

fonzz41 05-12-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946404)
Probably gonna be sigging the bolded portion. Your support is appreciated :thumbsup

Only cool people sig JRS. :thumbsup

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:14 AM

So no Cally tonight for TBL. I'm starting to think Habs are coming back.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946404)

Big thumbs up on that signature. :thumbsup

Rebecca De Mornay 05-12-2015 08:15 AM

surely i won some kind of award this year.

fonzz41 05-12-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15946416)
surely i won some kind of award this year.

Working on them now.

I know you're all on the edge of your seat wondering who's gonna get the Yandle award this year.

hailtopitt 05-12-2015 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15944341)

:lol a truly defeated man

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15946420)

Like I said before, can't even imagine being a Caps fan.

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946423)

It's...it's trying on the heart. Gonna take years off my life.

hailtopitt 05-12-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946423)

i know, poor Barbs

tomorrow will be fun for me though, as a person with little rooting interest

barbogast 05-12-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15946411)
Only cool people sig JRS. :thumbsup

:thumbsup best

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946413)
So no Cally tonight for TBL. I'm starting to think Habs are coming back.

Wouldn't surprise me. Only thing is it's in Tampa tonight. Not sure that's gonna matter though

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15946415)
Big thumbs up on that signature. :thumbsup

:thumbsup

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 15946419)
Working on them now.

I know you're all on the edge of your seat wondering who's gonna get the Yandle award this year.

We can't wait bud

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15946420)

:lol I mean. What can I say. It's grueling on the soul to sit and watch it happen again. I'd rather pop in Pulp Fiction and get drunk

hailtopitt 05-12-2015 08:30 AM

i feel for you buddy

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15946434)
i know, poor Barbs

tomorrow will be fun for me though, as a person with little rooting interest

Yeah. Games 7's are great when you don't give a shit. Am rooting for the Caps though. Just like seeing different teams get in.

UCFish 05-12-2015 08:34 AM

Allegedly Ducks/Hawks not starting til Sunday (from someone who is dealing with NBC Sports for hotel block purposes).

hailtopitt 05-12-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFish (Post 15946455)
Allegedly Ducks/Hawks not starting til Sunday (from someone who is dealing with NBC Sports for hotel block purposes).

damn, thats a long layoff

SirBobalew 05-12-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah I read yesterday that NBC has a Saturday afternoon hockey block, so the guess was that since the Ducks have home ice, the east would get that block and start Saturday.

Long layoff for both western teams, regardless.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Would have thought Saturday with the East starting Sunday (in case Habs/TBL goes 7) but...whatever.

barbogast 05-12-2015 08:37 AM

My hope is that tomorrow night this thread is one big collective Caps fan (with the obvious exceptions of course)

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946460)
My hope is that tomorrow night this thread is one big collective Caps fan (with the obvious exceptions of course)

So two games 7's in the first two rounds. Heart ok? Need to write up a will?

barbogast 05-12-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946461)
So two games 7's in the first two rounds. Heart ok? Need to write up a will?

Just another playoff run man. The Caps don't play in series that end before game 7. Incredible to think, Ovie era Caps have played in 11 playoff series (including this one), and 9 of them have gone to 7 games. The only two that didn't were both in 2011. Unreal stat IMO.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:43 AM

0-4 in game 7 when blowing 3-1 leads right? And what is it in game 7's? 4-12 or something? Amazing.

aeroshady 05-12-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15946460)

I will be on a war path if that happens. Unless the Caps lose...then I will have a field day.

barbogast 05-12-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15946472)
0-4 in game 7 when blowing 3-1 leads right? And what is it in game 7's? 4-12 or something? Amazing.

Definitely 0-4 after blowing 3-1 leads. Pretty sure you're right about the game 7 record overall but I'm not positive. It's something painful like that

Actually it's definitely only 4 game 7 wins for sure. I can think of them all (88 vs Flyers, 09 vs Rangers, 12 vs Bruins, 15 vs Islanders). So fun!!!!!!!

barbogast 05-12-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15946476)
I will be on a war path if that happens. Unless the Caps lose...then I will have a field day.

You were pretty much the exception I was speaking of :lol

I still hold zero faith the Caps come good though. I think you'll be enjoying tomorrow night much more than me.

TMoore4075 05-12-2015 08:50 AM

Wants Caps, but yeah, think Rangers.