Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 04-30-2018 12:40 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Hot takes! 3elieve!)

And now Ron Francis fired by Carolina.

https://www.tsn.ca/hurricanes-fire-p...ncis-1.1072377

Maybe Waddell will draft Patrik Stefan again.

Dramageek 04-30-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17081300)

Looks like the Pens will be hiring a new assistant...something :lol

TMoore4075 04-30-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17081336)
Looks like the Pens will be hiring a new assistant...something :lol

A lot of fans were chiming in about Toronto now that Lou is no longer the GM. I could see that happening. Going from a cluster fuck like Carolina to TO would be like winning the lottery.

Dramageek 04-30-2018 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17081341)
A lot of fans were chiming in about Toronto now that Lou is no longer the GM. I could see that happening. Going from a cluster fuck like Carolina to TO would be like winning the lottery.

This is true for sure. I figured how close Francis is with Lemieux and GMJR, the Pens would find something for him if no one else would.

barbogast 04-30-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 17081119)
The files are in the computer?

Is this a Zoolander reference?? :lol :lol

Nice work :thumbsup

Lcsulla 04-30-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17080818)
Wilson’s hit was fine. The Pittsburgh player was Ovie a bout to clean his clock and turned back into Wilson trying to avoit it. Tough play but it was brutal out there.

I guess instant reply can’t solve everything. We should put a microchip in the puck or something if we want these calls to be right.

I thought the Pens lost control, not the refs. Two bad minors in the 3rd out of frustration didn’t help their comeback chances.

Then when it was over, they were clearly just trying to set the tone for game 3.

It’s just getting started. And I think a streetfight plays into the Caps favor since Pittsburgh is nicked.

And Hornqvist is a pussy. He’s a good enough player but wants no part of Tim Wilson or Smith-Pelly.

Just slightly biased here. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 17080910)
Thought the letang penalty was ticky-tac. Especially after the missed a pretty blatant knee on Guentzel. You could call any penalty a stupid penalty, don’t really think it was because of anyone melting though.

Yeah, at one point it looked like they were targeting Guentzel for whatever reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17080919)
the rule is to blow the whistle when you can no longer see the puck. It's the rule!!!!!!!!

Puck crossed the line prior to the whistle though. Really is water under the bridge at this point but if you watch in slow motion that puck is over the line a second before the whistle goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Climb2safety (Post 17081009)
Did the have that pic just posed in New York where the reviews take place?

Yeah, it looks like you can see white.

I thought it was clear as day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 17081041)
Whatever the call on the ice was fair. Called no goal on the ice should have stayed a goal. If it was called good goal on the ice it should have been a good goal.

Agreed. Sometimes I think the whistle goes quick and that whole 'intent' to blow the whistle is nonsense but I agree with you on the call in the ice being the deciding factor unless they can offer up irrefutable evidence that the call on the ice was dead wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzz41 (Post 17081262)
In other hockey news, remember that one time Ryan Ellis took a skate to the face and only missed like a matter of minutes before he was back?

It always amazes me how much punishment these guys can take and go down to the dressing room, get stitched up (or have teeth chunks yanked out) and then return to the ice in a few minutes, no doubt with some local anesthesia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 17081300)

Francis did a lot of the NHL, specifically in Hartford and Pittsburgh but I am not sure he is cut out to be a GM. Carolina had an awful season (mainly because they sucked) so some of the blame has to go to the players and coaches in addition to Francis.

Lcsulla 04-30-2018 02:30 PM

Was anyone else getting all kinds of lag in here last night? At some points I could not even get the site to refresh, much less post anything.

Dramageek 04-30-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 17081462)
Was anyone else getting all kinds of lag in here last night? At some points I could not even get the site to refresh, much less post anything.

It wouldn’t load at all for me, which was probably for the better. :lol

mthawk07 04-30-2018 03:24 PM

Ants took a giant shit last night for sure.

pathetic 04-30-2018 04:25 PM

I don’t like that tuukka has to be this good 5min into the game

dmbetc 04-30-2018 04:54 PM

What a kill for tampa! Cally <3

dmbetc 04-30-2018 04:59 PM

Surprised that was McAvoy’s first post season goal - he’s been playing great from what I’ve seen during these playoffs.

mthawk07 04-30-2018 05:12 PM

Finally able to watch a game and the power went out halfway through the first period. :BANG

BotheLaneFan 04-30-2018 07:09 PM

Sharks fans are hot garbage, and their pregame festivities are AIDS.

Dramageek 04-30-2018 08:34 PM

Who the hell is Jonathan Marchessault?! He’s scoring all of the goals.

BotheLaneFan 04-30-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 17081806)
Who the hell is Jonathan Marchessault?! He’s scoring all of the goals.

A god lowering himself to play the game of men.

BotheLaneFan 04-30-2018 10:21 PM

Got my passing result on a paper and saw the OT winner within 30 seconds of each other. SO hype.

pathetic 05-01-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 17081617)
Surprised that was McAvoy’s first post season goal - he’s been playing great from what I’ve seen during these playoffs.

He's going to be great. There's moments where he looks great and there's moments where he's trying to do too much.

~Crashintome89~ 05-01-2018 06:25 AM

Vegas is really going to do it, aren't they?

aeroshady 05-01-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17081964)

They really look good. That said, I can't 100% say that Vegas won't win it all, but I do think the best two teams in the West are playing in the other series. I like Nashville or Winnipeg to come out of the west.

I do think Vegas wins this series though. If the Preds and Jets go 7, who knows what could happen in the WCF.

Lcsulla 05-01-2018 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 17081964)

They have defied every expectation so far so who know's, if they win it it all I would not be shocked. That said I still stick with my round 2 picks:

Tampa in 7
Pens in 6
Winnipeg in 6
Vegas in 6

Regardless of whom they match up (assuming they advance) they will have their hands full with a great team in Nashville or Winnipeg.

TheLastPig 05-01-2018 06:56 AM

Just saw MAF rob Couture. That team is on a mission right now my god.

aeroshady 05-01-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 17082032)
Just saw MAF rob Couture. That team is on a mission right now my god.

The best ending to this season would be MAF making a save like that against Pittsburgh in a game 7 to win Vegas the cup right? :D

barbogast 05-01-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 17082036)
The best ending to this season would be MAF making a save like that against Pittsburgh in a game 7 to win Vegas the cup right? :D

No that sounds like a terrible ending

aeroshady 05-01-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17082140)

How about Sharks vs. Caps in the SCF of teams that historically under perform in the playoffs?

BotheLaneFan 05-01-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 17082140)

Truth, it'd be much better to win in 4. Especially for my heart.

Roose13 05-01-2018 09:12 AM

Chatting with my friend from college who's brother-in-law is a former Bruins standout and I randomly asked him about Brad Marchand.

Turns out (SHOCKER!) he's a nice guy, a great dad and is an expert at knowing when to flip the switch to be a pest on the ice. Apparently my buddy's sister and his wife are close friends.

pathetic 05-01-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 17082269)
Chatting with my friend from college who's brother-in-law is a former Bruins standout and I randomly asked him about Brad Marchand.

Turns out (SHOCKER!) he's a nice guy, a great dad and is an expert at knowing when to flip the switch to be a pest on the ice. Apparently my buddy's sister and his wife are close friends.

who is his brother in law?

Roose13 05-01-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 17082274)
who is his brother in law?

Seidenberg. Met his sister when he was playing in Philly. Seidy still remains local to South Jersey too. He trains with one of our local top trainers and works out at the Skate Zone in AC in the summer.

TheLastPig 05-01-2018 12:31 PM

Malkin and Dumo in regular jerseys at morning skate. Would be a huge boost to get both back.