Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Chumlee67 11-28-2017 09:44 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16943442)
Was he the one that did "Here comes the pizza"? I laugh every time I watch that. Same with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa5xH2a3HuI

:lol Them cracking up in the background. "Nick Markakis :lol takes strike one :lol"

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16943450)
The "Here comes the pizza" moment for those that haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSQMXLO95w

3:30 of the most entertaining baseball coverage I've ever seen :lol

Hahahaha exactly! :lol The two of them had so many moments like this. Its hard to get a duo like that in any sport. They made sox games entertaining o watch.

lockman21 11-28-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 16943461)
Hahahaha exactly! :lol The two of them had so many moments like this. Its hard to get a duo like that in any sport. They made sox games entertaining o watch.

Reminds me of this Pat and Dale moment when Daze fired a shot into the wrong area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuUzSZfQ4k

~Crashintome89~ 11-28-2017 10:50 AM

Hakstol needs to go ASAP.

lockman21 11-28-2017 10:56 AM

So the Jets are for real, eh?

kev87lads 11-28-2017 11:43 AM

We stink. Bad.

TMoore4075 11-28-2017 12:03 PM

Outside of Tampa (and sorta TO) the Atlantic is so bad that the Wings are still in a playoff spot going 0-1-3 in their last 4.

~Crashintome89~ 11-28-2017 12:04 PM

The crazy thing is we're not super terrible. We've blown so many two goal leads in the past week and a half. And that's on the coach and his player management.

Lcsulla 11-28-2017 01:14 PM

Murray listed as week to week, sounds bad if they will not disclose much. That sucks for both the Pens and the league.

Roose13 11-28-2017 03:42 PM

Flyers wore purple jerseys during warmups. I wonder if they'll wear them during the game

https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers/status/935653372358733825

Lcsulla 11-28-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16943887)
Flyers wore purple jerseys during warmups. I wonder if they'll wear them during the game

I would assume they do what most teams do - wear them for their pregame skate, autograph the number on the back, auction them off and then donate the procedes to a cancer charity.

bradshaw06 11-28-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16943897)
I would assume they do what most teams do - wear them for their pregame skate, autograph the number on the back, auction them off and then donate the procedes to a cancer charity.

This. Pens wore camo jerseys a few days ago for a warm up

Climb2safety 11-28-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

I’m pretty sure I saw the Rags doing the same thing with light blue ones.

Roose13 11-28-2017 05:57 PM

They were just warm-up jerseys. And much like those jerseys, the team itself disappeared when the puck dropped.

JRS1386 11-28-2017 06:43 PM

Flyers are pretty bad. Hakstol should be gone before long

lockman21 11-28-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, Hawks did the same thing last night. And now are doing exactly what Jamie said, auctioning them off for charity -

http://auctions.nhl.com/iSynApp/allA...losebrac&&rs=0

hailtopitt 11-28-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16943697)
The crazy thing is we're not super terrible. We've blown so many two goal leads in the past week and a half. And that's on the coach and his player management.

The blue line is pretty weak too IMO

Flyers need a personnel shakeup badly both behind the bench and on the ice.

Got some talent to build around though, at least for now.

dmbetc 11-28-2017 07:10 PM

Much needed big game for the Kings. I didn't want because I'm at work, but they needed a multi goal win.

Roose13 11-28-2017 08:06 PM

Remember when the Flyers went on a 10-game winning streak last season? This is just like that, only the exact opposite.

Chumlee67 11-29-2017 06:00 AM

Flyers are in rough shape. They need a shake up ASAP.

swordo84 11-29-2017 06:26 AM

Oilers had no business beating the 'yotes last night. A win is a win, I guess?

Lcsulla 11-29-2017 08:40 AM

Tough game for the Hawks last night, probably should have pulled Crawford against Anahein the night before once they built up a 6-3 lead in the second. Not sure I like using my backup goalie against a pretty solid Nashville team though I am still not convinced that second goal was actually legit but Q could only challenge on interference - which you could make a case for but I can never predict what the NHL sees that I do not.

Hey Pens fans, think Cole and his 2.1 mil cap hit gets moved before the deadline, I know he is solid but he will be an UFA at years end and I do not see them retaining him so probably better to get something in return.

bradshaw06 11-29-2017 09:15 AM

I have been on the fence about moving Cole. On one hand, he will be a ufa, and i’d expect him to make top 4 money. You know some team will do that. So it would be good to get something for him (especially after they didnt do that with nisky and orpik). Really not a good chance they can afford him.

Other hand, obviously, he has been pretty good for the pens. Solid, able to fill in in the top 4, is a warrior and physical presence. And with the teams injury history (letang is due any game now) he becomes more important.

Lcsulla 11-29-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16944476)
I have been on the fence about moving Cole. On one hand, he will be a ufa, and i’d expect him to make top 4 money. You know some team will do that. So it would be good to get something for him (especially after they didnt do that with nisky and orpik). Really not a good chance they can afford him.

Other hand, obviously, he has been pretty good for the pens. Solid, able to fill in in the top 4, is a warrior and physical presence. And with the teams injury history (letang is due any game now) he becomes more important.

:lol Yeah, you should probably just put Letang on LTIR to free up cap space. I know he is a damn good player but wow is he brittle as hell, dude seems to always be injured!

TheLastPig 11-29-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16944476)

I think theyre pretty much handcuffed. They need to move him. Its totally worth it if you get a 3rd line center.. then pick up another D down the road the way they did with Hainsey a couple years ago.

lockman21 11-29-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16944394)
Tough game for the Hawks last night, probably should have pulled Crawford against Anahein the night before once they built up a 6-3 lead in the second. Not sure I like using my backup goalie against a pretty solid Nashville team though I am still not convinced that second goal was actually legit but Q could only challenge on interference - which you could make a case for but I can never predict what the NHL sees that I do not.

Hey Pens fans, think Cole and his 2.1 mil cap hit gets moved before the deadline, I know he is solid but he will be an UFA at years end and I do not see them retaining him so probably better to get something in return.

Agree wholeheartedly. Q was furious and had a right to be.

hailtopitt 11-29-2017 12:01 PM

Pens moving Cole is completely dependent on what the return would be for him.

No one is irreplaceable (aside from the obvious superstars), but given the state of the pens’ PK, they better get a decent haul for Cole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lcsulla 11-29-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16944741)
I think theyre pretty much handcuffed. They need to move him. Its totally worth it if you get a 3rd line center.. then pick up another D down the road the way they did with Hainsey a couple years ago.

The cap sucks, just dealt with a similar situation in the Hawks having to move Hjalmarsson and I am still rather annoyed it came to that, he was never a big offensive threat but damned if he was not the best shutdown defender in Chicago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16944770)
Agree wholeheartedly. Q was furious and had a right to be.

Yeah, I thought he was going to turn red in the face. First that puck sure as hell looked like it got 'tipped' in by the dudes glove but Q could not challenge that so he had to challenge on interference and anyone who watches teh replay can see that Forsberg's stick was touch prior to that puck entering the net.

lockman21 11-29-2017 02:12 PM

I did love that the Preds fans were doing their typical goalie chants at the Hawks by yelling "FORRRRSSSBERG! FORRRSSBERG! YOU SUCK!" when Filip Forsberg was on the ice :lol

mr.MikeD 11-29-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16944220)
Oilers had no business beating the 'yotes last night. A win is a win, I guess?

a loss would have been devastating to the team I think. Not that i have much hope now, but if they'd lost any remaining confidence might have been gone for good (or at least this season)

Lcsulla 11-29-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16944975)
I did love that the Preds fans were doing their typical goalie chants at the Hawks by yelling "FORRRRSSSBERG! FORRRSSBERG! YOU SUCK!" when Filip Forsberg was on the ice :lol

Not sure anyone would argue they are the smartest bunch of fans on the planet by any means! Heck, on one play Keith made a pass over the center red line that Sharpe could not get stick to and he tried to use his skate to tip it into his stick and those boneheads were whining about not having icing called!