Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 09-20-2017 05:57 PM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16887147)
Yeah but it doesn't matter. I'd rather watch a regular season AHL game to see the kids. Unless you get a game where a bunch of the regulars play, it's usually not very good hockey.

Honestly, who cares? People watch preseason football, basketball and spring training baseball because they just want to watch the sport, especially since the sport has been gone for three months, and 4-5 months for most fan bases.

dmbetc 09-20-2017 06:12 PM

So it seems that Monday 10/2 will work for the majority for our draft. 7pm est?

TMoore4075 09-21-2017 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16887569)
Honestly, who cares? People watch preseason football, basketball and spring training baseball because they just want to watch the sport, especially since the sport has been gone for three months, and 4-5 months for most fan bases.

Well I guess I care. I mean we do all know how great quality those NFL pre-season games are. Just because they are happening doesn't mean I have to like them. We don't need 8 pre-season games. 90% of the rosters are probably all set and don't need 8 games to figure out the other 10%. Cut that in half, start the season a week earlier. That leads to a season ending earlier or more off days for the players. If we keep lowering our standards we'll turn into the NBA Thread.

Chumlee67 09-21-2017 05:44 AM

10/02 Is my birthday, do I get first pick? :lol

Idk if my girlfriend will plan something that night, but if it works for everybody I'll make due.

TMoore4075 09-21-2017 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chumlee67 (Post 16887762)
10/02 Is my birthday, do I get first pick? :lol

Idk if my girlfriend will plan something that night, but if it works for everybody I'll make due.

Half of us probably won't be there so don't worry lol.

kev87lads 09-21-2017 08:32 AM

Patrick to Ghost for a GWG in OT last night. Noice.

I get a feeling that Patrick isn't fully opening eyes though based on lack of outward gushing from writers and the team or whatever. So I get the feeling he may be doing junior for a year. That'd stink... :/

Roose13 09-21-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16887989)
Patrick to Ghost for a GWG in OT last night. Noice.

I get a feeling that Patrick isn't fully opening eyes though based on lack of outward gushing from writers and the team or whatever. So I get the feeling he may be doing junior for a year. That'd stink... :/

How dare you watch preseason hockey! Loser!

jrkarger 09-21-2017 10:44 AM

This makes me sad...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201709210146

TheLastPig 09-21-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16888147)

I missed this :(

wont be surprised if he retires after this year.

Getzoff is okay I guess. But hes pretty robotic.. him and that michelle krakiolo (however its spelled) on the pregame stuff are pretty tough to listen to cause they both have no personality. Neither are bad, just boring.

Lcsulla 09-21-2017 08:25 PM

Wow, welcome back Sharp and Saad! Sharp with a pair of assists and nearly a goal and Saad with a hat trick in their first games back! Sweet, even if it is preseason and Mrazek had an off game.

Also impressed with how well Alex DeBrincat played netting one in four shots.

Also nice to see the big guns on the ice for both teams - Toews was a scratch with the flu unfortunately!

~Crashintome89~ 09-21-2017 09:12 PM

Mike Lange is terrible.

Roose13 09-22-2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16888558)
Mike Lange is terrible.

I'm glad someone else said it. Only person worse than him is that asshole in Boston.

kev87lads 09-22-2017 06:44 AM

Don't hate Mike Lange. Don't love Mike Lange.

Jack Edwards is awful.

kev87lads 09-22-2017 06:53 AM

Also. Big loss in OT last night. Probably not a playoff season again after seeing that.

TheLastPig 09-22-2017 07:14 PM

It’s just the preseason and the caps are already doing dumb things

https://twitter.com/capitals/status/911387159596355586

TheLastPig 09-22-2017 07:15 PM

Also :lol at Mike Lange hate from people who don’t even listen to him actually call games.

I know those goal calls just get under your skin as Flyers fans, it’s okay to just say that.

Roose13 09-23-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16889462)

Fuck you, that's awesome.

you'll float too

Lcsulla 09-23-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16889462)

If that is the same Caps game I watched the other day that glass had just been fixed. Perhaps the mascot was doing that to show fans that the area was safe. Just a thought, not sure.

Roose13 09-23-2017 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16889873)
If that is the same Caps game I watched the other day that glass had just been fixed. Perhaps the mascot was doing that to show fans that the area was safe. Just a thought, not sure.

He was dressed as Pennywise from the Stephen King novel "IT."

Lcsulla 09-23-2017 07:22 PM

I know it is pre-season and will likely not happen during ther egular season but wow is whomever is making the decisions at the NHL network (TV one, not internet NHL TV) is a moron.

Twice this week I have missed half of a Hawks game because of their stupid decisions to buy the rights to 2 games per night, one 7pm start and the other an 8:30pm start. Worse, they put them on the same damn channel and did not use their overflow channel or HD channel to air both games concurrently.

I mean hockey has been around for literally a century, does anyone realize that you just can't fit a whole game into an hour and a half time slot? So naturally they air the first game until it ends - even including OT and shootouts if necessary (then do the post game and highlights from other games) which means they end up actually putting the Hawks on about midway through the second period - both time it was the damn bruins (who are on a local channel as well) who were the early game. NHL network really needs to find someone with a brain if they plan on airing more than one game a night!

Lcsulla 09-23-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16889882)
He was dressed as Pennywise from the Stephen King novel "IT."

You lost me, I am just not a Steven King fan, I know he is popular and all but that genre is not my cup of tea, in fact the only movie based on a book of his that I enjoyed in a weird way was "The Langoliers."

TheLastPig 09-23-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16890010)
You lost me, I am just not a Steven King fan, I know he is popular and all but that genre is not my cup of tea, in fact the only movie based on a book of his that I enjoyed in a weird way was "The Langoliers."

Are you totally turned off to new movies? The new IT movie just came out.

~Crashintome89~ 09-24-2017 06:53 AM

:lol :lol :lol

bradshaw06 09-24-2017 08:12 AM

People dislike lange? Steigerwald (who called the games on tv) i can definitely see, he was awful.

bradshaw06 09-24-2017 08:15 AM

Just read the pens statement to go to the white house.. cringe. They are now going to get ripped apart. Dumb dumb time to make a statement like that.

Lcsulla 09-24-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16890080)
Are you totally turned off to new movies? The new IT movie just came out.

Yeah, pretty much to be honest. Just not a big movie fan in general and I believe the last one I saw in a theater was either the simpsons movie or the dark knight - whichever came out most recently. :lol

bradshaw06 09-24-2017 08:34 PM

Biggest take away from the hockeyville game tonight- Letang and his glorious head of hair is back.

Brohan_Santana 09-25-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16890265)
Just read the pens statement to go to the white house.. cringe. They are now going to get ripped apart. Dumb dumb time to make a statement like that.

Well, I actually think it's smart for them to go. Going avoids the controversy.

I do think this is one of those traditions that may die out soon. I don't see the need in this day and age to mix US league sports and politics.

Olympic winners I feel like are a different thing since it's on a national stage

Roose13 09-25-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16890010)

Do you live under a rock? The new movie just came out like two weeks ago :lol:lol

bradshaw06 09-25-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16892971)
Well, I actually think it's smart for them to go. Going avoids the controversy.

I do think this is one of those traditions that may die out soon. I don't see the need in this day and age to mix US league sports and politics.

Olympic winners I feel like are a different thing since it's on a national stage

I agree, i just think it was one of these situations where they were damned if they do and damned if they don't things. Also, the optics of releasing the statement yesterday was a poor decision. It had already been confirmed months ago by Burkle they'd go. Just draws unneccessary attention imo.