Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Roose13 09-19-2017 10:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (Penns are garage league champs)

I can do any night but Friday. I just have to remember :lol

dmbetc 09-19-2017 12:59 PM

Obvious choice with Josi being Preds captain

Lcsulla 09-19-2017 03:58 PM

I know it is pre-season but damn is it nice to come home, get showered and be able to see the NHL on TV, hell just the sounds of slicks hitting into each other or the horn gets my blood pumping! :)

Lcsulla 09-19-2017 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, life is good with NHL action! :lol

dmbetc 09-19-2017 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16886198)
Yep, life is good with NHL action! :lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/3Vcjj

EDIT: CupDrink.jpg

Lcsulla 09-19-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16886205)

Well played, I got nothing on that - not at all. :rattle

I think my 30oz cup mug is as close as I will get to drinking out of the cup. Though it does have an advantage for me, dumping 4 beers into it spares me 2 10 yard walks to my fridge and back! :lol

dmbetc 09-19-2017 05:22 PM

Damn, Brian Boyle diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia.

Wish him well and to kick cancers ass, I’ve always enjoyed him

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/09/19/...to-miss-games/

Lcsulla 09-19-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16886260)

Just saw that myself during a faceoff break. That is awful to hear, I wish him well. He is a good person and damn great player!

barbogast 09-19-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16885507)
I know pre-season means jack but nice job against THE DEVILS last night bro! :)

:lol I don't even know the score

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16885849)
I will not be available Sunday 10/1, would Monday night 10/2 work for most people? Thinking 7 or 8pm EST?

EDIT: Of course if most people would prefer Sunday night, I can auto draft or jump on from my concert :lol

10/2 is good for me

Like Bradshaw I also have to attempt to remember my password. I only use my yahoo account to play fantasy with you guys and got a new laptop over the summer and none of my passwords are saved anymore :lol

~Crashintome89~ 09-19-2017 06:56 PM

I can't believe Jamie fell right into that :trap

Lcsulla 09-19-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16886356)
I can't believe Jamie fell right into that :trap

Nah, I didn't fall into any trap. Sarah had shown me that photo before, I just did not figure she would one up me quite so quickly! :lol

I am not sure about the new officiating changes, in fact I am not a fan to be honest. The increased calls on slashes are a bit harsh because they are calling some inadvertent ones. Not sure I like the new faceoff rule either (allegedly to speed up the game) where if a guy is not totally in the white it is a bench minor - truth be told that call will probably increase game times until the players get used to it.

Lcsulla 09-19-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16886355)
:lol I don't even know the score

I assume their A team was not on the ice much (if at all) but it was still the pretty bad devils who beat them 4-1 yesterday.

aeroshady 09-20-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16886260)

Tough news. I really like Brian Boyle. I wish he was still a Ranger. Wish him all the best.

TMoore4075 09-20-2017 07:54 AM

Preseason hockey is so dumb. I mean the Wings mishmash of a lineup tonight is so dumb.

aeroshady 09-20-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16886708)
Preseason hockey is so dumb. I mean the Wings mishmash of a lineup tonight is so dumb.

It is dumb, but I get excited to see hockey again.

TMoore4075 09-20-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16886716)
It is dumb, but I get excited to see hockey again.

I'm looking forward to Saturday's game because it's the first game at LCA and it's on TV. If they were still at JLA I wouldn't care at all.

~Crashintome89~ 09-20-2017 08:21 AM

Flyers are on TV tonight. It's amazing to me that it's 2017 and yet not all Flyers preseason games are televised. That's a friggin joke.

TMoore4075 09-20-2017 09:00 AM

I don't think any preseason games should be on TV. Just the optics of it are bad with half empty arenas. I know it's only preseason but looks bad. Plus not even half the Wings lineup tonight will be on the club at the start of the season.

~Crashintome89~ 09-20-2017 09:16 AM

I don't care about optics. I care about watching hockey on TV when hockey is being played.

lockman21 09-20-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16885849)
I will not be available Sunday 10/1, would Monday night 10/2 work for most people? Thinking 7 or 8pm EST?

EDIT: Of course if most people would prefer Sunday night, I can auto draft or jump on from my concert :lol

Monday 10/2 is perfect. I'll be in Italy from 9/22 - 9/30, then moving on 10/1. So 10/2 would be great.

lockman21 09-20-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16886809)
I don't think any preseason games should be on TV. Just the optics of it are bad with half empty arenas. I know it's only preseason but looks bad. Plus not even half the Wings lineup tonight will be on the club at the start of the season.

Eh, all leagues have empty arenas/fields during the preseason. I like being able to watch the kids.

No one tunes in except us weirdos anyway.

kev87lads 09-20-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16886849)
I don't care about optics. I care about watching hockey on TV when hockey is being played.

so much this.

kev87lads 09-20-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16887116)
Monday 10/2 is perfect. I'll be in Italy from 9/22 - 9/30, then moving on 10/1. So 10/2 would be great.

Back to Chi town? New job/position or keeping same and just able to work from there again?

lockman21 09-20-2017 11:23 AM

I've been so absent from this thread lately. What's going on? What have I missed?

lockman21 09-20-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev87lads (Post 16887120)
Back to Chi town? New job/position or keeping same and just able to work from there again?

Back in the Chi. Thank God.

New job, but back with the old company. I took a promotion when I moved to Dallas, and then they missed me enough that they offered me a couple job levels up to bring me back. I'm fooling someone, apparently.

dmbetc 09-20-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16887121)
I've been so absent from this thread lately. What's going on? What have I missed?

Eh, most of us have been absent. I feel like we’re all waking up from a slumber. With this season approaching I feel more anxious than normal.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16887127)
Back in the Chi. Thank God.

New job, but back with the old company. I took a promotion when I moved to Dallas, and then they missed me enough that they offered me a couple job levels up to bring me back. I'm fooling someone, apparently.

That’s awesome! Congrats! I know how happy you’ll be to be back in Chicago.

TMoore4075 09-20-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16887117)
Eh, all leagues have empty arenas/fields during the preseason. I like being able to watch the kids.

Yeah but it doesn't matter. I'd rather watch a regular season AHL game to see the kids. Unless you get a game where a bunch of the regulars play, it's usually not very good hockey.

lockman21 09-20-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16887137)
Eh, most of us have been absent. I feel like we’re all waking up from a slumber. With this season approaching I feel more anxious than normal.

That’s awesome! Congrats! I know how happy you’ll be to be back in Chicago.

Thanks Legs! It's certainly very welcome.

And yeah, I've just had so much life shuffling going on the last couple months, combined with the offseason...I just literally haven't been in here. I feel like I'm coming out of hibernation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16887147)
Yeah but it doesn't matter. I'd rather watch a regular season AHL game to see the kids. Unless you get a game where a bunch of the regulars play, it's usually not very good hockey.

Yeah, but you can't see things like DeBrincat play with Patrick Kane in a regular season AHL game. It's fun to follow how the roster will shape up for the season. Can follow those guys on try-out contracts, too, etc.

I enjoy it quite a bit. The NHL fucks up its own optics by having Simple Plan play the National Anthem at the Winter Classic. Like I said, no one cares about the preseason except us hockey weirdos anyway. It's not hurting anything. It gets us talking and excited for the season. At least it does for me.

Lcsulla 09-20-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 16886708)

It is still hockey and the best reality show on the air.Personally, while I was a little dismayed last night not seeing any of the top Hawks it was cool to see the kids showing their stuff, the younger guys getting extra ice time as leaders and the older vets fighting for a roster spot.

Lcsulla 09-20-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16886752)
Flyers are on TV tonight. It's amazing to me that it's 2017 and yet not all Flyers preseason games are televised. That's a friggin joke.

Yeah, it sucks. I woudl suggest you get the nhl.tv package but I am guessing you are in the area where Philly games are covered by a local channel (in CT I do not have that luxury as a Hawks fan - all Rangers, Bruins and Islanders here) but man it is great, I know I gripe about it sometimes but being able to watch the NHL on any given night is amazing - like right now, as I type this I am switching between the Caps/Canadiens game and the St. Louis/Columbus game and occasionally watching a few minutes of the TB game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16887117)

Pretty much, I am guessing most of us are like me - we will just watch random hockey games to enjoy ourselves. One town over I have a semi-pro team and I would go down once a week or so, pay my 5 bucks, bring in a cooler and plop my but in a seat next to the glass in a nearly empty rink just to watch some live hockey. Were they great, no of course not but watching them play was certainly better than doing say the club or bar thing on weekends - and I got to meet Gretzky's brother who played on the team and I once saw Wayne hanging out with the team at a nearby bar but did not have the guts to go say hello! :lol