Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

jrkarger 05-04-2017 05:47 AM

Re: The NHL Thread (where the Presidents Trophy matters!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16781734)
I'd like to call a penalty on Brohan. Two minutes for dripping.

:lol :lol

I love how the officiating was so bad last night it cost the Caps the game but was right down the middle in Game 3.

Ovi's slash on Sid's head (Yes the NHL has from time to time allowed a 5 on 3 advantage) and the hooking of Cullen were.... hockey plays. Nothing to see here.

Am I doing this right?

bradshaw06 05-04-2017 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16781778)

I love how the officiating was so bad last night it cost the Caps the game but was right down the middle in Game 3.

Ovi's slash on Sid's head (Yes the NHL has from time to time allowed a 5 on 3 advantage) and the hooking of Cullen were.... hockey plays. Nothing to see here.

Am I doing this right?

'Pens would have won game three if it werent for the refs terrible call in ot'

~Crashintome89~ 05-04-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16781784)

to be fair, I think there's a legitimate argument that it was a bad call in OT. I get why it was called since it was a scoring chance, but I can also see why it might not be called either.

jrkarger 05-04-2017 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16781784)

Honestly, I didn't have a problem with the call on Daley.

TheLastPig 05-04-2017 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16781786)
to be fair, I think there's a legitimate argument that it was a bad call in OT. I get why it was called since it was a scoring chance, but I can also see why it might not be called either.

Still had a clear missed puck carry in the neutral zone which led to that penalty.

Like I said, refs have been bad on both sides.

Tom Wilson is a punk. Left his feet hitting Maatta in the 2nd and tried to go knee on knee to Kunitz.

Couldnt believe what I was hearing (well I guess I could) from NBC guys after that. Pierre said Wilson was lucky that Kunitz got out of the way so he wouldnt get a suspension (huh?), then after the game Milbury said all of Wilson's hits were clean, then they showed the knee on knee attempt and he said Kuntiz was lucky.

jrkarger 05-04-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16781836)
Still had a clear missed puck carry in the neutral zone which led to that penalty.

Like I said, refs have been bad on both sides.

Tom Wilson is a punk. Left his feet hitting Maatta in the 2nd and tried to go knee on knee to Kunitz.

Couldnt believe what I was hearing (well I guess I could) from NBC guys after that. Pierre said Wilson was lucky that Kunitz got out of the way so he wouldnt get a suspension (huh?), then after the game Milbury said all of Wilson's hits were clean, then they showed the knee on knee attempt and he said Kuntiz was lucky.

Madden tweeted he heard the guys on the NHL Network saying that Bonino should be suspended for embellishing.

Yeah... suspend Bonino, but Ovi and Nisky playing whack-a-mole with Sid's head are just hockey plays.

:BANG

#GarageLeague

TheLastPig 05-04-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16781855)
Madden tweeted he heard the guys on the NHL Network saying that Bonino should be suspended for embellishing.

Yeah... suspend Bonino, but Ovi and Nisky playing whack-a-mole with Sid's head are just hockey plays.

:BANG

#GarageLeague

Yeah I saw that clip... former player Mike Johnson said it. I dont even know who that is.

Best part about all that outrage too is Oshie took responsibility after the game. He said something along the lines of "In those big moments youve gotta keep your stick down and check with your feet"

aeroshady 05-04-2017 07:19 AM

I'd love to care more about the Pens v Caps series. It just doesn't seem like I need to until the Rangers are in better shape. I am very pleased with how they played game 3, but a loss tonight pretty much ends our season. I think the Rangers have played pretty well for most of the series, but those two collapses in games 1 and 2 put the Rangers in a bad spot. They must come out even harder tonight and control play for 60 minutes again. I just don't know that they can do that.

It is amazing how different 2-2 is from 3-1 in a series. Here is hoping for the best tonight!

jrkarger 05-04-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16781860)
Yeah I saw that clip... former player Mike Johnson said it. I dont even know who that is.

Best part about all that outrage too is Oshie took responsibility after the game. He said something along the lines of "In those big moments youve gotta keep your stick down and check with your feet"

Didn't see that from Oshie. Good for him.

aeroshady 05-04-2017 07:27 AM

I am also a little worried about how ESPN seems to be on the Tanner Glass train. I don't dislike Tanner Glass, but I also think having Buchnevich in the lineup gives the Rangers more speed and scoring on all 4 lines. I am not sure Glass being back in the lineup was the reason the Rangers won game 3 :lol

I am very happy that Coach V finally figured out that Skjei and Smith should get more ice-time and be the #2 pairing. What an improvement.

bradshaw06 05-04-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16781902)
Didn't see that from Oshie. Good for him.

Can't say the same for their coach.

Speaking of which. Sullivan has been a complete 180 from how this team would have reacted under Disco.

TheLastPig 05-04-2017 07:45 AM

'member Mike Johnston?

mr.MikeD 05-04-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordo84 (Post 16781741)
Shitty that the Oilers lost. 3-1 would have been sooooo much better than 2-2 #captainobvious The whole of the playoffs is so wide open right now. Very hard to pick a cup favourite.

On a side note, I'm happy to see Justin Schultz performing well in Pitt. I was really excited when he originally signed with the Oilers. It's just too bad he got stuck on such a shit team, because it's quite evident he's a gamer.

Yeah that sucked. I've seen a lot of ref blaming, but it's the chance a coach takes, challenging a subjective goalie interference call then losing the chance to challenge an offside.
I'm actually a bit pessimistic now - this could be the "learning experience" series that this young team is going to go through so that they are stronger and better next year.

Eberle really struggled, I wouldn't be total shocked (just a bit surprised) if he didn't play next game.

bradshaw06 05-04-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16781936)
'member Mike Johnston?

He had that peretual 'i dont know what i am doing' face

jrkarger 05-04-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16781932)
Can't say the same for their coach.

Speaking of which. Sullivan has been a complete 180 from how this team would have reacted under Disco.

Yeah Trotz has come across as a fatheaded doucher.

Sully on the other hand is the man. I love the promo they run on Root of his "Just Play" speech.

Also, his pre-game speech before Game 6 of last year's SCF gives me chills (it's on the Pens 50th anniv documentary). Something along the lines of "We know we're better. Enough of this. Let's go out there and end it."

Dramageek 05-04-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastPig (Post 16781936)
'member Mike Johnston?

Who?????

lockman21 05-04-2017 08:21 AM

Caps fans preparing for the inevitable. Just like last year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPKaGcG_UHk

lockman21 05-04-2017 08:25 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.27fd1a430f66

jrkarger 05-04-2017 09:41 AM

Sid skated today

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...ctice-facility

bradshaw06 05-04-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrkarger (Post 16782060)

Was he skating briskly?

Roose13 05-04-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16781982)
Caps fans preparing for the inevitable. Just like last year - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPKaGcG_UHk

This is quality shit.

hailtopitt 05-04-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 16782063)
Was he skating briskly?

Hahaha

Did he wink?

jrkarger 05-04-2017 09:54 AM

swordo84 05-04-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.MikeD (Post 16781939)
Yeah that sucked. I've seen a lot of ref blaming, but it's the chance a coach takes, challenging a subjective goalie interference call then losing the chance to challenge an offside.
I'm actually a bit pessimistic now - this could be the "learning experience" series that this young team is going to go through so that they are stronger and better next year.

Eberle really struggled, I wouldn't be total shocked (just a bit surprised) if he didn't play next game.

The problem here is, who do you play instead? Although I guess with what we're getting out of Eberle it doesn't really matter who you'd put in his place.

Maybe throw Khaira in there and see what he can do.

mr.MikeD 05-04-2017 12:03 PM

that's who i was thinking, but that's a big gamble too.

aeroshady 05-04-2017 05:14 PM

Fun first period so far! Good back and fourth!

aeroshady 05-04-2017 06:21 PM

Tanner Glass is proving me wrong! Great period for the Rangers!

barbogast 05-04-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16781987)

Dan Steinberg is the fucking man. Summed up my whole perspective perfectly.

Fuck the Caps. All they've ever given me is letdowns and Brohan melts.

Go Oilers.

dmbetc 05-04-2017 06:43 PM

Lindberg is a beast these last few games

Dramageek 05-04-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16781987)

"You don't want to be left with a banner reading The Underlying Process Was Solid, or We Sure Had a Lot of Chances, or We Liked Everything But the Result."

:lol :lol Also known as the Trotz-Bylsma Memorial Banner!