Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 04-30-2016 03:42 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Ready to see the Oilers get #1 again.

dmbetc 04-30-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nampahcj (Post 16394345)
rong!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16394349)
write!!!!

:lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16394354)
One week bitches

:monkey hell yeah! We (read:Barbs) need to pick a place for Saturday's meet up! I figure we can send out a group text later next week to keep everyone informed.

bartender_man 04-30-2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16394136)
No one cares about the Sharks.

Still mad? ;)

dmbetc 04-30-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartender_man (Post 16394388)
Still mad? ;)

No, but even if I was, wouldn't change the fact that no one cares about the Sharks. ;)

barbogast 04-30-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16394378)
:lol

:monkey hell yeah! We (read:Barbs) need to pick a place for Saturday's meet up! I figure we can send out a group text later next week to keep everyone informed.

Have we decided before or after? There's a place I like a lot called South Street Brewery. It's the building directly next door to the pink warehouse. Great beer, great food. Reasonably close to the arena. Not walkable close though. If we wanna do walkable close to the arena we can but our options are more limited. It will surely be packed but that's gonna be the case anywhere on a Saturday.

Also, play by play commentator for tonight. Someone tell me. I'll pop back in in about ten minutes then I'll stay out since I'm not watching.

dmbetc 04-30-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16394397)
Have we decided before or after? There's a place I like a lot called South Street Brewery. It's the building directly next door to the pink warehouse. Great beer, great food. Reasonably close to the arena. Not walkable close though. If we wanna do walkable close to the arena we can but our options are more limited. It will surely be packed but that's gonna be the case anywhere on a Saturday.

Also, play by play commentator for tonight. Someone tell me. I'll pop back in in about ten minutes then I'll stay out since I'm not watching.

That place sounds good to me, I'm open for either before or after show but if it's before I vote on the earlier side, 12, 1pm?

We'll see if others chime in on the next few days then we can nail down exact time!

barbogast 04-30-2016 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16394400)
That place sounds good to me, I'm open for either before or after show but if it's before I vote on the earlier side, 12, 1pm?

We'll see if others chime in on the next few days then we can nail down exact time!

Perfect. I didn't even consider early afternoon. That could work.

Also thanks for nothing on the announcers. Losers. Guess I'll just find out on my own that I'm stuck listening to Kenny Albert stumble through another game

Dramageek 04-30-2016 05:13 PM

Hey, you are also missing out on Edmonton winning the lotto again! Or not:lol

TMoore4075 04-30-2016 05:14 PM

Wait is this an alternate universe? Edmonton didn't win it? I hope the Jets get it. They could use it.

dmbetc 04-30-2016 05:14 PM

Oilers lose their playoffs!!

Dramageek 04-30-2016 05:19 PM

Ok, the lottery's done. The Leaves get the top pick. Can we please move on to the actual hockey game? :lol

Climb2safety 04-30-2016 05:20 PM

"Please tell me what your insights are into what your thinking about now"

Wtf, I mean, you had a year to work on that.

Dramageek 04-30-2016 05:33 PM

Dammit Orpik! But thanks for the PP.

fonzz41 04-30-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16394401)
Perfect. I didn't even consider early afternoon. That could work.

Also thanks for nothing on the announcers. Losers. Guess I'll just find out on my own that I'm stuck listening to Kenny Albert stumble through another game

I got you Barbs. It's me on the call tonight.

And by me, I mean Doc.

Lcsulla 04-30-2016 06:51 PM

Dammit, I cannot stand the Penguins and hope they get swept right out of the playoffs. Come on Washington, get it done!

Dramageek 04-30-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16394475)
Dammit, I cannot stand the Penguins and hope they get swept right out of the playoffs. Come on Washington, get it done!

Out of curiosity, what can't you stand about them?

Lcsulla 04-30-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16394484)
Out of curiosity, what can't you stand about them?

Former Whalers fan, they consistently beat us senseless.

These refs are sort of one sided, Caps get a goalie interference call that negates a goal and then on the PP the damn Penguin prick can deliver a crosscheck to Hotlby's head and get no call? WTF?

Brohan_Santana 04-30-2016 07:04 PM

Caps can't get shots on net when they're taking stupid penalties. Murray is lost in net, Caps just need to get the shots on net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dramageek 04-30-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 16394489)
Caps can't get shots on net when they're taking stupid penalties. Murray is lost in net, Caps just need to get the shots on net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, I think he's just bored tonight. The Caps had about two shots that period. Luckily for them Holtby's putting on a clinic.

Dramageek 04-30-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16394486)
Former Whalers fan, they consistently beat us senseless.

These refs are sort of one sided, Caps get a goalie interference call that negates a goal and then on the PP the damn Penguin prick can deliver a crosscheck to Hotlby's head and get no call? WTF?

Ah, gotcha. :lol Fair enough. I do appreciate the Whalers sending the Pens Ron Francis and Ulf Samuelson (and Grant Jennings)

Maybe, but that Orpik hit should have been 5 minutes. There have been missed calls on both sides. Caps have to generate more offense here (which they are fully capable of doing.)

wampa3 04-30-2016 07:17 PM

Caps are taking cheap shots left and right this game, and I'm pretty sure its not just my homer glasses.

Pens PP is stationary and not at all fluid. Getting low quality shots consistently both at even strength and on the man advantage (credit to the Caps on taking away time and space).

Orpik kind of broke my heart with that hit. I'm a life long fan of his. Always felt that he played a clean aggressive game for the most part. Hard to defend that hit on Maatta. Dirty, late, intent to injure, directly to the head.

Lcsulla 04-30-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 16394497)
Ah, gotcha. :lol Fair enough. I do appreciate the Whalers sending the Pens Ron Francis and Ulf Samuelson (and Grant Jennings)

Yup, yet another reason to hate the bastards! :lol

JRS1386 04-30-2016 07:23 PM

I'll be working Saturday morning til early afternoon no clue when I get off as the schedule won't get posted til Wednesday

Lcsulla 04-30-2016 07:28 PM

Yes!!! How you like that Letang? Maybe you shouldn't lead with your head moron! :lol

wampa3 04-30-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16394512)
Yes!!! How you like that Letang? Maybe you shouldn't lead with your head moron! :lol

You serious, Clark?

As far as I can tell, this game has taught me that Orpik's headshot is equal to a clean check. Garage league.

mthawk07 04-30-2016 07:40 PM

Crosby just got fucked up! :lol

Dramageek 04-30-2016 07:53 PM

Geno!!!!

Dramageek 04-30-2016 08:07 PM

Yet another great game between these two clubs. This series has lived up to the hype so far! Bring on Game 3.

Lcsulla 04-30-2016 08:10 PM

Great game, hated the final score though. Damn Holtby and Murry played great. Still cannot stand Letang, there is just nothing redeeming about him. Just a jerk.

Lcsulla 04-30-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampa3 (Post 16394518)
You serious, Clark?

As far as I can tell, this game has taught me that Orpik's headshot is equal to a clean check. Garage league.

Dead serious, I cannot stand that guy at all. Get it in gear for Monday Caps!