Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

barbogast 04-14-2016 02:58 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16373350)
At least one of those is kinda real :)

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showpo...postcount=6671

:lol

Yeah that was before my time

barbogast 04-14-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 11006323)
Brohan is here, I was working all day. Brohan missed the game live, but I taped it and just watched. Holy fuck do I love my Caps. Great fucking win. God damnit Carlson is going to have a bright fucking future. I love Poti for sticking up for OV when the goons where starting shit. And to Backstrom, god I fucking love you. This team loves to play the game of hockey. Look at them on the ice after each goal. No team loves to play hockey and kick ass as much as the Capitals do. This team hasn't even played good hockey yet. Semin has been shutout. OV isn't playing his best. The defense has been awful. The goaltending sucked something awful too. But the Caps still find a way to win, and that's what winners do. Caps will sweep the rest of the series. Great fuck-ing win.

In the words of Dave after Piedmont, 'Good grief, thank you, good god'. Go Caps.

Yikes. This quote from the same page Roose linked. Just yikes.

dmbetc 04-14-2016 03:04 PM

Barbs, what's going on for cville?? Friday night I'm going to the Ants party but I want to have a smaller gathering with NHL Thread people for sure.

Roose13 04-14-2016 03:07 PM

I just researched. That quote came after Game 2 of the 2010 first round when the Caps beat Montreal 6-5 in OT to tie the series. Washington went up 3-1 in the series and then choked :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Stanley_Cup_playoffs

barbogast 04-14-2016 03:08 PM

Just read the pages from the night the Caps lost that series to Montreal. Ugh. I've never actually seen the 3rd period of that game. Didn't have it in me to watch it live. Never found a reason to afterwards.

barbogast 04-14-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16373369)
Barbs, what's going on for cville?? Friday night I'm going to the Ants party but I want to have a smaller gathering with NHL Thread people for sure.

No idea, but I'd love to facilitate something if there's enough interest. I guess if Friday is booked for the Ants party we can do pre show Saturday or maybe late Friday night. Pretty much whatever works for me, I know a ton of good spots we can go and I've taken the entire weekend off work

Roose13 04-14-2016 03:16 PM

Classic posts from 2010

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbmuskie (Post 11054232)
Do you think they'll bring the President's trophy out and skate around with it?

:lol:lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 11054235)
HOly shit. Boston has home fukin ice!!!!!!! Thank you Montreal!!!!!:bounce

How much did that work for Boston that year :) #memories

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryfreedom4136 (Post 11054313)
So how much of Montreal is going to be burned to the ground tonight?

dmbetc 04-14-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373375)
No idea, but I'd love to facilitate something if there's enough interest. I guess if Friday is booked for the Ants party we can do pre show Saturday or maybe late Friday night. Pretty much whatever works for me, I know a ton of good spots we can go and I've taken the entire weekend off work

How about a spread sheet?

dmbetc 04-14-2016 03:21 PM

For those going and interested in a NHL Thread meet up at c-ville fill out spreadsheet below!

Note: You don't have to put your email or phone number if you don't want to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

barbogast 04-14-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbetc (Post 16373382)
For those going and interested in a NHL Thread meet up at c-ville fill out spreadsheet below!

Note: You don't have to put your email or phone number if you don't want to.

Won't let me edit, not sure why maybe because I'm on my phone, I'll get on my laptop asap and fill that bad boy out. I'm totally in

dmbetc 04-14-2016 03:30 PM

There we go, try now.

JRS1386 04-14-2016 03:31 PM

I can only do Saturday some time that's Civil War week and working at a theater the won't let me off

barbogast 04-14-2016 03:43 PM

Still no dice on the spreadsheet. Pretty sure it's my phone. Don't have very current software anymore I don't think

aeroshady 04-14-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16373378)
Classic posts from 2010

How did that work for Boston that year :) #memories

I mean.... They did win the Cup the next year....so I'm not sure any of us fans of teams experiencing a drought can talk haha

Dramageek 04-14-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373280)
Some expanded Caps thoughts ahead of tonight's playoff game

Spoilered for length

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Great post, Barbs! :thumbsup

Because I'm a human being and have empathy, I can understand your pain. I think back to when I was a kid rooting hard for the Pens, celebrating every time they beat the Caps. Out there, somewhere, there was a young Barbs who was crushed. I realize how fortunate I've been as a Pens fan. In all three of the Pens Stanley Cup victories, the Pens beat the Caps on the way there. :lol That must have been as tough for you to watch as it was fun for me. I really do hope you get to experience the Caps lifting the Cup someday, because it is an experience like no other.

Though as a Pens fan, I have to root for the Pens. I feel the way about Pens hockey as you do about Caps hockey. I was raised during the Lemieux era, and stuck it out through the spectacular Rico Fata era. For the Pens, the iron is red hot right now, and they have to strike. I know they've done it three times, but I want them to do it again. After Chicago winning three and LA winning two, if the amazing core of Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Fleury only win one, it will seem like a waste of that talent. (Though if Ovechkin, Backstrom and Holtby never win one, that will be an equal waste of talent.)

And because Ted Leonsis has such an inferiority complex when it comes to the Pens, it's hard for me to root for the Caps. But if they do well, I'll be very happy for you.

I'm day to day with a game-time decision for C-Ville. I don't think I'll make it, but I might do it on a whim if I can.

lockman21 04-14-2016 04:17 PM

lol Justin Williams is the best playoff player ever. What a fucking shift on the PK.

Dramageek 04-14-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16373420)
lol Justin Williams is the best playoff player ever. What a fucking shift on the PK.

That was an amazing bit of skating and stick handling.

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 04:23 PM

I hate the Flyers announcers are on the NBCSN feed, they're painful to listen too

Shitty penalty on Orpik

dmbetc 04-14-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 04:38 PM

Shitty penalty on Opik x2

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Keep an eye on 83 Beagle..dude is Justin Williams Jr

lockman21 04-14-2016 04:53 PM

Jagr looked majestic.

lockman21 04-14-2016 05:10 PM

This is a fun fucking game between the Flyers and Caps. Gonna be a really great series.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16373479)
This is a fun fucking game between the Flyers and Caps. Gonna be a really great series.

:thumbsup agreed. Playoff hockey is so fun to watch when your team is not in it haha.

dmbetc 04-14-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16373479)

Flyers came to play.
Caps playing very undisciplined. Gonna get 'em.

aeroshady 04-14-2016 05:20 PM

Cats on the board already!

barbogast 04-14-2016 05:38 PM

Great work by Oshie to keep that play alive after Backstrom lost the face off. No goal without that play

Brohan_Santana 04-14-2016 05:52 PM

Caps getting that first one is clutch...needs the dagger now

aeroshady 04-14-2016 05:57 PM

Panthers and Icelanders seem to be trading blows early.

Anyone watching that game?

I am committed to the Caps/Philly game.

Caps really turning it up as the game moves forward.

lockman21 04-14-2016 06:08 PM

Is it just me or have there been a lot of penalties so far in these first 5 games?