Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

Lcsulla 04-14-2016 12:15 PM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16373003)
Haha I'm only going because this girl is considered local and has a great backstory (poor girl from Jamaica, comes to US to learn basketball, will become pro player.)

In all honesty virtually everyone in Jamaica is poor except the tourists and politicians. That place is a dump, been there enough times to know I have no intention of ever going back!

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16373139)
In all honesty virtually everyone in Jamaica is poor except the tourists and politicians. That place is a dump, been there enough times to know I have no intention of ever going back!

i've been there a few times too and i love it

poor & 3rd world doesn't mean it isn't full of awesome people and beautiful scenery

would go back in a heart beat

aeroshady 04-14-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16373032)
:lol so good

don't you fucking put down curling

don't you dare

This. I have been a curler for a long time and played our national team. They are very good and it is not easy to make it to that level!

aeroshady 04-14-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16373098)
Curling is magic, whore.

:thumbsup

All of this! Curling rocks!

Pun intended!

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373149)
This. I have been a curler for a long time and played our national team. They are very good and it is not easy to make it to that level!

:thumbsup fuck yea

i've always wanted to try curling but the opportunity never presents itself

Lcsulla 04-14-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16373141)
i've been there a few times too and i love it

poor & 3rd world doesn't mean it isn't full of awesome people and beautiful scenery

would go back in a heart beat

I agree that the scenery is amazing. That said you do not want to be wandering around at night or leaving the tourist areas during the day do the crime rate. It is also rather annoying that seemingly every native is trying to sell me some drug or another or some stupid trinket. I even had some girl asked if I wanted my hair braided - I shave my head, 3 times before I finally gave her five bucks to leave me alone. I have been there at lest half a dozen times in the past decade and will take St. Maarten any day of the week!

Edit: yes, there were some very kind people living there, though most of them were working at restaurants or those shack waterfront bars.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 16373161)
I agree that the scenery is amazing. That said you do not want to be wandering around at night or leaving the tourist areas during the day do the crime rate. It is also rather annoying that seemingly every native is trying to sell me some drug or another or some stupid trinket. I even had some girl asked if I wanted my hair braided - I shave my head, 3 times before I finally gave her five bucks to leave me alone. I have been there at lest half a dozen times in the past decade and will take St. Maarten any day of the week!

yea every place is different

different strokes

Lcsulla 04-14-2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16373169)
yea every place is different

different strokes

Agreed. Ever been to Bermuda, St. Thomas, Antigua or Isle de Roaton -small island off the coast of Honduras? Amazing islands as well.

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 12:54 PM

no, only places i've been to outside of the US are Jamaica and Mexico

planning on going to Spain in the next year or so. i'm not a big beach person tbh

Lcsulla 04-14-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16373227)
no, only places i've been to outside of the US are Jamaica and Mexico

planning on going to Spain in the next year or so. i'm not a big beach person tbh

Gotcha, makes sense. I practically grew up on beaches and swimming in the ocean. One of the perks of my dad owning a travel agency (not running it though because he was a director and VP of security - former police officer before some drunk ran him down with a car - at my local hospital) that specialized in Caribbean trips!

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 01:06 PM

^^ jesus, sucks man...sorry to hear

aeroshady 04-14-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16373158)
:thumbsup fuck yea

i've always wanted to try curling but the opportunity never presents itself

Pittsburgh curling club man! They host the Tropicurl every year. Teams from all over Canada and the US come to play in it. They give you Olympic quality ice for the weekend!

hailtopitt 04-14-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 16373253)
Pittsburgh curling club man! They host the Tropicurl every year. Teams from all over Canada and the US come to play in it. They give you Olympic quality ice for the weekend!

yea but i don't want pros watching and critiquing me lol

i just want to mess around and get a feel for it

Lcsulla 04-14-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 16373243)
^^ jesus, sucks man...sorry to hear

Appreciate the kind words, luckily for me I was too young to know what happened except that my dad was in the hospital for months. The SOB who did it is out on parole now, would love to find him have some words....

dmbetc 04-14-2016 01:31 PM

So pumped to get to Staples tonight.

barbogast 04-14-2016 01:36 PM

Some expanded Caps thoughts ahead of tonight's playoff game

Spoilered for length

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

BeyondKnight 04-14-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373280)
I just want so badly to get to the other side of the rainbow. To know what it feels like to watch your captain meet Bettman at center ice and watch your team skate that big silver beast. I ache to know that feeling. But I just don't think I ever will, nor will any other deserving Caps fan, because the team we root for always loses. Always.

That may be the saddest thing I have ever read.

I think that is why the playoffs are so special because once they start there is a small fire building in your heart that raising Lord Stanley's fabled cup is a possibility. I know I felt it it last night during the Pens game.

So know that I stand with you, here and now! Part of it is due to your impassioned words, but mostly because I fucking hate the Flyers...

JRS1386 04-14-2016 01:54 PM

My expanded thoughts on the Caps, spoilered for length

~Crashintome89~ 04-14-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Spoilered for length

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondKnight (Post 16373291)
That may be the saddest thing I have ever read.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Climb2safety 04-14-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Spoilered for length

Great post. I'm a 100% believer. Hope springs eternal. If it ends up in disappointment so be it.

From the early days at the capitol centre til now, this is our best team. I wish my Dad was here to enjoy this with us.

Go Caps!

barbogast 04-14-2016 02:10 PM

Ah good the Flyers fans are here with the dumb

~Crashintome89~ 04-14-2016 02:10 PM

had to update the sig.

barbogast 04-14-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16373315)
had to update the sig.

Ah, so that's why there's no little blue clicky arrow in your sig. Because your quotes aren't real

Nice to know I get you so riled up, Crash

aeroshady 04-14-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Spoilered for length

:thumbsup great post. You put into words what I have felt being a fan of the worst original six team and arguably the worst team in NHL history. I do think getting to the ECF 3 times in 4 years and making a run at the cup has softened the blow recently for fans of our club. The truth is though, winning the ECF two years ago was the happiest moment I have had as a sports fan. I can only imagine what it must be like to win the whole damn thing! Like you, I honestly worry that I will never experience one. One cup in 75 years doesn't make the odds great. We can only hope as fans.

As to your Caps. They have all the pieces in place. They have had the heartbreak of losing when they were the better team (yes folks, the Caps were a better team than my Rangers last year...just not over those seven games). Ovie has yet to push past that wall of success. All of that said, this is the best Caps team they have ever had. I would trade my team with yours anyday.

Barbs, if the Rangers don't win it this year(and let's be honest, they are not), I really hope the Caps do it for you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16373300)
My expanded thoughts on the Caps, spoilered for length

Classic Flyers fans :lol:lol. A great post in response :thumbsup

~Crashintome89~ 04-14-2016 02:16 PM

Love you too, barbs.

JRS1386 04-14-2016 02:16 PM

One thing I will say about the Caps team compared to others in the past is that they seem to be playing bigger and more physical. This could be wrong because I have only seen a few of their games, but that could pay off huge for them in the playoffs.

lockman21 04-14-2016 02:26 PM

lol Brohan and the Gordie Howe hat trick. What a classic.

JRS1386 04-14-2016 02:43 PM

Were the shitty Penguin fans who booed brought up yet?

barbogast 04-14-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRS1386 (Post 16373341)
Were the shitty Penguin fans who booed brought up yet?

I was literally just reading about that. Really hope that doesn't happen in Verizon tonight.

Roose13 04-14-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 16373315)
had to update the sig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16373317)
Ah, so that's why there's no little blue clicky arrow in your sig. Because your quotes aren't real

Nice to know I get you so riled up, Crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16373329)
lol Brohan and the Gordie Howe hat trick. What a classic.

At least one of those is kinda real :)

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showpo...postcount=6671