Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

kelchlsm 08-07-2015 07:25 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Hamburg PD about to make a statement on Kane. Assuming its that all the charges have been dropped.....

Lcsulla 08-07-2015 07:28 AM

Speculating on Kane's situation is pointless IMO. Until the full details come out I have no desire to condemn or condone. We know rape happens and is a horrific event, we also know there have been numerous false accusations of rape so who in hell knows. I will follow the story but not jump to any conclusions. I remember in 1995 this kid I had barely heard of named Mariano Rivera was accused of sodomizing some clubhouse kid with a bat, turned out it was just some kid trying to make a buck and the incident was found to be utter nonsense. That said if Kane actually did this and is convicted he should be punished to the full extent of the law.

rickyh24 08-07-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelchlsm (Post 16094361)
Hamburg PD about to make a statement on Kane. Assuming its that all the charges have been dropped.....

Assuming you are probably wrong.

kelchlsm 08-07-2015 07:44 AM

hahaha was horribly wrong. Wow that was dumb.

rickyh24 08-07-2015 07:44 AM

Why did that guy have what looked like two pages of notes in front of him to say that? :lol

kelchlsm 08-07-2015 07:45 AM

:lol Waste of time. Thanks for the statement that everyone already knew.

BotheLaneFan 08-07-2015 07:46 AM

What was the statement? I tuned in, heard solely airplane noises, left.

rickyh24 08-07-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16094411)
What was the statement? I tuned in, heard solely airplane noises, left.

They awaiting forensic testing results.

kelchlsm 08-07-2015 07:48 AM

Something along the lines of "We wont be taking any questions. A copy of this statement could be made upon request. The hamburg police dept is investigating an altercation involving Patrick Kane that happened last weekend. Forensics and DNA have been taken" that's it.

BotheLaneFan 08-07-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyh24 (Post 16094414)
They awaiting forensic testing results.

Bombshell statement!

Rebecca De Mornay 08-07-2015 07:48 AM

how long does it take to test semen?

BotheLaneFan 08-07-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 16094422)
how long does it take to test semen?

A couple seconds if you're talented.

Oh, you said test...

Roose13 08-07-2015 07:56 AM

:lol:lol

barbogast 08-07-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16093875)
Is he guilty of something? Probably. Is he guilty of whatever he's being accused of? Most definitely no.

He's still one of the premiere talents in the league.

1. He very well could be. He might not be, but he definitely could be. To say "most definitely no" is not correct.

2. So therefore rape away, right?

daveshookme 08-07-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 16094542)
1. He very well could be. He might not be, but he definitely could be. To say "most definitely no" is not correct.

2. So therefore rape away, right?

ok so maybe I should've said "probably not." But that's how almost all high profile sex scandals happen. woman claims rape, dude really only got a BJ and she's looking for fame or $$ or whatever.

Not saying that, I'm saying I rarely care about what happens off the field/ice/diamond... I'd still want him on my team (so long as I had Toews :devil)

Rebecca De Mornay 08-07-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16094626)
ok so maybe I should've said "probably not." But that's how almost all high profile sex scandals happen. woman claims rape, dude really only got a BJ and she's looking for fame or $$ or whatever.

Not saying that, I'm saying I rarely care about what happens off the field/ice/diamond... I'd still want him on my team (so long as I had Toews :devil)

these are not intelligent statements.

rickyh24 08-07-2015 10:01 AM

Pretty sure you don't go get a rape kit done if you just blew a guy.

lockman21 08-07-2015 10:07 AM

Mouth rape, ricky.

Grow up.

kev87lads 08-07-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16094667)
Mouth rape, ricky.

Grow up.

This brought the lulz. Did I say that right?

Roose13 08-07-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 16094667)
Mouth rape, ricky.

Grow up.

Seriously, raping her mouth is all the rage.

barbogast 08-07-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshookme (Post 16094626)

So even if Patrick Kane, or any star athlete for that matter, was convicted of rape, you'd rather have him be your teammate instead of in jail, simply because he's one of the best players in the league?

pathetic 08-07-2015 11:52 AM

:lol:lol DSM can't be serious. that's embarrassing

BotheLaneFan 08-07-2015 09:11 PM

I feel like I've been raped in the face.

Shook, I am by far the biggest sexist asshole that inhabits these boards. I own a book called Men Are Better Than Women (by the incomparable Dick Masterson,) and even I think what you said, and then what you clarified your statement with are fucking banana land. Holy shit. Very 0.0 statement. You should probably sit the rest of this game out.

JRS1386 08-08-2015 04:55 AM

Beebz level wrongness

Roose13 08-08-2015 07:11 AM

Beebz :lol:lol

Shook, I wouldn't want a rapist on my team even if he scored 100 goals, scored 30 touchdowns, hit 50 home runs and averaged 25 points a night in all four sports at the same time.

UCFish 08-08-2015 01:55 PM

^

Completely agree

rickyh24 08-08-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BotheBradyFan (Post 16095411)
I feel like I've been raped in the face.

Shook, I am by far the biggest sexist asshole that inhabits these boards. I own a book called Men Are Better Than Women (by the incomparable Dick Masterson,) and even I think what you said, and then what you clarified your statement with are fucking banana land. Holy shit. Very 0.0 statement. You should probably sit the rest of this game out.

:lol :lol hilarious truth bomb

DMBZeppelin 08-09-2015 04:33 AM

First details about the case are coming out:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...-kane-20150809

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Lcsulla 08-09-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roose13 (Post 16095484)
Shook, I wouldn't want a rapist on my team even if he scored 100 goals, scored 30 touchdowns, hit 50 home runs and averaged 25 points a night in all four sports at the same time.

Completely agree, they are the scum of the earth. That said no charges have been filed and neither party has made any statements about the investigation. Seems the bar owner was rather amused by the whole thing though:

Quote:

SkyBar’s owner, Mark Croce, told The Buffalo News on Saturday night that he has no way of knowing what happened between the woman and Kane at Kane’s home. He said he only knows Kane casually and has never been to his home.

But Croce told The News that he and several of his employees noticed a young woman “hanging all over” Kane at SkyBar for at least two hours that night, putting her hands on his arms and “being very forward, very flirtatious with him.” He said he does not know the woman and does not know her name.

“It was almost like she stationed herself near him and was keeping other women away from him,” Croce said. “I noticed it and kind of laughed about it.”

A bar manager that night also noticed the woman’s behavior with Kane, Croce said.

Croce said the woman and a female friend “followed” Kane as he left the nightclub with a couple of male friends around 3 a.m. last Sunday.

“I don’t know if this is the same woman who made the rape allegation against him,” Croce said. “I only know what I saw that night on my own premises. If you’re going to ask what happened between them after they left that night, how would I know?”

The News could not independently verify whether the woman Croce described is the same woman who made the rape complaint to Hamburg Police.

jackisback24 08-09-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin (Post 16095861)
First details about the case are coming out:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...-kane-20150809

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Why the spoiler?