Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 09:50 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

I think Boston rebounds a bit. Make the playoffs? I dunno, but still better season than Buffalo.
Blashill is like Babcock junior.Seriously, you have to listen to him. It's like they are twins. He wins everywhere he goes too. Now will he here? I dunno but odds are good.
Ottawa might not be where they finished the year but I don't think they are not as bad they were at the start either.

Either way, all three teams better than Buffalo the next couple years.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-19-2015 09:52 AM

just to clarify for the rest of the thread Timmy.

the only point i made that you didn't dispute is that CBJ will be waiting in the ECF finals.

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15963057)
Buffalo won't be a doormat but they are by no means close to contending

their division, the entire eastern conference in fact, is so competitive...

That's just it. Montreal and Tampa (barring major injuries) lock in 2 of the spots in the Atlantic. So that just leave one more spot in the division for the playoffs plus maybe the wild card spot. Odds not in their favor. I was actually thinking during the Holland/Babcock interview when Holland said we hope to be in the playoffs that back pre lost season and just after, missing the playoffs meant you had a bad year. Now, it's so close, you can have a decent year and still miss.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-19-2015 09:53 AM

edit: @myself ^^ that right there is how you take home the Norris trophy boys

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15963074)
just to clarify for the rest of the thread Timmy.

the only point i made that you didn't dispute is that CBJ will be waiting in the ECF finals.

Uhhhhhh huh. lol

hailtopitt 05-19-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15963076)
That's just it. Montreal and Tampa (barring major injuries) lock in 2 of the spots in the Atlantic. So that just leave one more spot in the division for the playoffs plus maybe the wild card spot. Odds not in their favor. I was actually thinking during the Holland/Babcock interview when Holland said we hope to be in the playoffs that back pre lost season and just after, missing the playoffs meant you had a bad year. Now, it's so close, you can have a decent year and still miss.

yep, i mean the penguins were what, 1 game away from missing? and they had 98 points :lol

aeroshady 05-19-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailtopitt (Post 15963102)
yep, i mean the penguins were what, 1 game away from missing? and they had 98 points :lol

I forgot the Pens made the playoffs this year.

Dramageek 05-19-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15963194)
I forgot the Pens made the playoffs this year.

:lol :lol The series was that easy, huh? (Answer: Yes, it was.)

Lcsulla 05-19-2015 11:03 AM

This is a rough semi-finals for me. Once the Whalers skipped town I started rooting for the Hawks (I used to skate and play pick up games with Jeremy Roenick when we were younger because he grew up near me - plus he mailed me a jersey when he made it big) but against anyone but Chicago I will cheer for the Rangers due to geography. Hence I am torn to an extent.

If the finals end up being Rangers vs Blackhawks I will cheer for the Hawks but not be heartbroken if NY wins.

If it ends up being a Tampa vs Anaheim series I frankly won't care who wins, I will just watch the games because I love hockey.

Really hoping the finals are Rangers vs Ducks or Hawks vs Lightening so I have a team to cheer for that I am invested in.

fonzz41 05-19-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15963017)
Those are the only two places right now it seems. I think it's 50/50 which one he takes. Winning, listening to media people and just logic = Detroit. Sure some guys are getting older but they have some good young talent now and coming. But my gut still kinda feels it'll be Buffalo. But thinking logic there, it's gonna be 2-3 years before they make the playoffs. I don't see that sitting too well with him. With what Blashill has done in GR the last 3 years, I'll be somewhat comfortable with him if it happens. Either way, glad it should be over tomorrow.

Yeah, I definitely see it being 2-ish seasons before Buffalo gets back to the show. But if they play this right, they will be there. Despite other teams in the conference. If Babcock sees that vision, I can see him jumping on board. But like I said, it's very possible he just stays put.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15963078)
edit: @myself ^^ that right there is how you take home the Norris trophy boys

:thumbsup Norris Trophy winners don't just "sort of" play defense.

Well, unless you're PK Subban. But I digress.

aeroshady 05-19-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15963297)
:lol :lol The series was that easy, huh? (Answer: Yes, it was.)

:lol:thumbsup

Just having some fun. Pens have won a Cup recently...so I can't really talk :lol

~Crashintome89~ 05-19-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 15963299)
This is a rough semi-finals for me. Once the Whalers skipped town I started rooting for the Hawks (I used to skate and play pick up games with Jeremy Roenick when we were younger because he grew up near me - plus he mailed me a jersey when he made it big) but against anyone but Chicago I will cheer for the Rangers due to geography. Hence I am torn to an extent.

If the finals end up being Rangers vs Blackhawks I will cheer for the Hawks but not be heartbroken if NY wins.

Hi, Sarah!

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 01:00 PM

AP reporting Babcock in contract talks with Buffalo. The end could be near and I am OK with Blashill, if that's what happens.

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 02:17 PM

Rumors of somehow Sabres offering $50mil. 10 year deal or 8-10mil per? Either way, I guess that's what you have to do when you are..well...the Sabres.

SirBobalew 05-19-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15963727)
Rumors of somehow Sabres offering $50mil. 10 year deal or 8-10mil per? Either way, I guess that's what you have to do when you are..well...the Sabres.

Wow. That's much more than I expected to see. Gotta think it's a 10-year deal if that's the money, because I'd be shocked to see anything above $5 million a year. But it's Buffalo, so who knows. Maybe they'd go 7 years, $7 mil per or something insane like that.

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 02:28 PM

Mickey Redmond on the radio thinks he stays. Not sure he knows of the reported $50mil.

RiotAct 05-19-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15963727)

Dude we are just going to keep throwing money at problems until we make the postseason, deal w/ it.

dmbetc 05-19-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcsulla (Post 15963299)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15963595)
Hi, Sarah!

The male me!!

TMoore4075 05-19-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 15963830)
Dude we are just going to keep throwing money at problems until we make the postseason, deal w/ it.

Worked well with Leino and Erhoff.

RiotAct 05-19-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15963859)
Worked well with Leino and Erhoff.

Yep :lol

:(

Still waiting on the plan TM has for Evander Kane and how he fits into the team's future.

Lcsulla 05-19-2015 06:46 PM

I know they are up 2-1 but if the Hawks don't start pulling the cheating, hitting harder, kicking the puck, diving and basically being a bunch of shitheads like the fucking ducks they are gonna end up trailing this series 2-0....

Lcsulla 05-19-2015 07:30 PM

This gagliano prick is really pissing me off with his cheating, if I was on the ice I'd take the 2 minute penalty and cross check the fuckface in the adams apple!

fonzz41 05-19-2015 07:58 PM

Perry the troll. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWnp9IVy_g8

~Crashintome89~ 05-19-2015 08:17 PM

Corey Perry is a cheap-shotting asshole.

~Crashintome89~ 05-19-2015 08:19 PM

who just happens to be good at hockey. like really good.

Lcsulla 05-19-2015 08:23 PM

His goals all come from cherry picking around the net.

fonzz41 05-19-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15964839)
who just happens to be good at hockey. like really good.

He's an excellent hockey player. What's more, he gets how to play mind games. Call it dirty, call it cheap, whatever. But he gets how to do it and is effective at it. There aren't many players that visibly get under the skin of other players like Perry.

fonzz41 05-19-2015 08:51 PM

Nothing in hockey is sexier to me than watching two defenseman who have been partners for a long time. In this case, Seabrook and Keith. Always covering for each other, always in a position to make things happen. And they don't even have to look at each other at this point. It just happens. So cool.

I know they only played together for a season and a half, but reminds me of Foote and Bourque. Those two were simply telepathic together.

~Crashintome89~ 05-19-2015 09:04 PM

seriously, fuck the ducks. Did anyone see Kesler pat Toews on the head?

fonzz41 05-19-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15965102)
seriously, fuck the ducks. Did anyone see Kesler pat Toews on the head?

:lol Hilarious