Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

TMoore4075 05-04-2015 09:52 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15933535)
Brian Boyle is a good player.
Dan Boyle can rot elsewhere.

Thank GOD Dan Boyle didn't sign here.

Bron Yr Aur 05-04-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroshady (Post 15933372)
Not sure anyone is beating the Ducks this year. I honestly think they would have won the cup last year if LA was not in it.

Yeah they are beating up on the 7th & 8th teams in the conference. Let's talk once they face some actual competition.

bonzo48280 05-04-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15933462)
That's really good. Wanna know an amazing stat about the guy all the analysts say chokes in the playoffs, Alex Ovechkin?

He's got 69 points in 67 career playoff games. Yet the narrative from Milbury et al is that now he's "figured it out" in the playoffs because of Trotz.

Edit: This post is not a knock on Kane. He's amazing. It's more an illustration of why I hate the media when it comes to Ovi.

that's all the narrative the NBC guys portray. It's the same thing with Crawford. He was terrific last night. On the one goal scored by Dumba, Olczyk, Roenick, and Pierre all couldn't stop talking about how it was a bad goal, how he should have had it, Roenick even started talking about how the old Crawford was in the game and thank goodness the new one showed up when he switched masks. What? The old Crawford who has won the Jennings trophy twice, including THIS SEASON, and a Stanley Cup to his name, of which he should have won the Conn Smythe for? And the tin foil hat in me just has to believe that if Darling were in there last night, they'd be talking about how good of a shot it was by Dumba and how much of a lazer the shot was. Because that's the truth.

Crawford has this bad reputation that, for the life of me, I cannot understand. People on a daily basis continue to tell me that they don't trust Crawford, he's bound to give up fluky goals...blah blah blah. Of course I haven't heard from those people since Crow came back in in Game 6 and they haven't lost since then. And nobody says a word about Darling in Game 6, or anything along those lines. I just don't understand the Crawford narrative.

/rant

dmbetc 05-04-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur (Post 15933581)
Yeah they are beating up on the 7th & 8th teams in the conference. Let's talk once they face some actual competition.

The seed has nothing to do with it, it's that the Jets and the Flames are inexperienced.

bonzo48280 05-04-2015 10:37 AM

I do not think the Ducks are that good either. I've been saying the winner of the Western Conference was coming out of the current Hawks-Wild series since before we knew what teams would be in it, and I'm sticking with it.

Bron Yr Aur 05-04-2015 10:39 AM

Completely agree Mike. Listening to Hawks fans after Game 2 against Nashville, it seemed like most of them were ready to give the job to Darling and trade Crawford. That's your typical moronic sports fan for you though; the kind of person who will say Crawford gives up soft goals and is "mentally soft." Referring of course to the guy who carried the Hawks to the playoffs as a rookie, won the Hawks a Cup with his performance against Boston, etc.

But no, let's play Scott Darling, who has played what? 17 or 18 NHL games in his career?

TMoore4075 05-04-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzo48280 (Post 15933595)
that's all the narrative the NBC guys portray. It's the same thing with Crawford. He was terrific last night. On the one goal scored by Dumba, Olczyk, Roenick, and Pierre all couldn't stop talking about how it was a bad goal, how he should have had it, Roenick even started talking about how the old Crawford was in the game and thank goodness the new one showed up when he switched masks. What? The old Crawford who has won the Jennings trophy twice, including THIS SEASON, and a Stanley Cup to his name, of which he should have won the Conn Smythe for? And the tin foil hat in me just has to believe that if Darling were in there last night, they'd be talking about how good of a shot it was by Dumba and how much of a lazer the shot was. Because that's the truth.

Crawford has this bad reputation that, for the life of me, I cannot understand. People on a daily basis continue to tell me that they don't trust Crawford, he's bound to give up fluky goals...blah blah blah. Of course I haven't heard from those people since Crow came back in in Game 6 and they haven't lost since then. And nobody says a word about Darling in Game 6, or anything along those lines. I just don't understand the Crawford narrative.

/rant

That's the Chris Osgood narrative I've heard around here forever. He gave up a three soft ones in 98 and that's what they focus on. Won 16 games and it's not like the Wings held teams to 0 shots. Then it's the "He had the benefit of a great team." They had Konstantinov in 97 and not in 98. The team was much better because of him the year before. Second, when was the last shit team to win a Cup? I never understood that argument. Yes some goalies carry their teams more than others, but come on. I mean look at Roy when the team in Montreal started to suck around him? He struggled. Then he went to Colorado and all of a sudden was a beast again. Not saying Ozzie is Roy but you get my point. Then it kept going from there on. It seemed to stop a little when he bailed out Hasek in 2008.

TMoore4075 05-04-2015 01:13 PM

Shero the new GM of the Devils.

bradshaw06 05-04-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15933877)
Shero the new GM of the Devils.

Good move for the devils. His last few years in pit werent too great, but the guy always made splashes and helped built the cup team. Got to wonder if Bylsma is going to be their coach. Shero loves his U.S. players and the devils seem to get a lot of them, and have a scouting department that finds good U.S. players.

Bet his first signing is Craig Adams :lol

bradshaw06 05-04-2015 01:21 PM

As an aside, I believe the Pens get a comp pick in the 3rd (maybe second) round

SirBobalew 05-04-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15933893)
As an aside, I believe the Pens get a comp pick in the 3rd (maybe second) round

Lamoriello says no compensation to the Pens.

bradshaw06 05-04-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBobalew (Post 15933904)
Lamoriello says no compensation to the Pens.

Just read that. Ah man, oh well.

SirBobalew 05-04-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradshaw06 (Post 15933919)
Just read that. Ah man, oh well.

The win for Pittsburgh out of this is they don't have to pay Shero anymore.

lockman21 05-04-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15933171)
ya i saw someone retweeted this and then mentioned that crosby has 118 points in 100 games. funny what winning can do.

Wait, so Patrick Kane and Sidney Crosby are two of the best players in the world right now?!

Mind blowing stuff, right there.

SirBobalew 05-04-2015 01:47 PM

Apparently, under the new compensation rules, since Shero was still being paid by the Penguins, they could have asked NJ for a draft pick, but chose not to. Reports are that too many people in the NHL think it's in bad taste to request a draft pick for someone who was fired, even if it's technically allowed.

barbogast 05-04-2015 05:03 PM

Power play needs to wake the fuck up already

unccrombie 05-04-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbogast (Post 15934101)
Power play needs to wake the fuck up already

big "nah, i'm good" answer to this.

barbogast 05-04-2015 05:20 PM

That second chance was full of good looks. Much better. Really sucks when it's Henrik Lundqvist back there. He's a real pain in the ass.

Rebecca De Mornay 05-04-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15933923)
Wait, so Patrick Kane and Sidney Crosby are two of the best players in the world right now?!

Mind blowing stuff, right there.

Well...that's not really the point

unccrombie 05-04-2015 05:28 PM

i liked our first, sans penalties

~Crashintome89~ 05-04-2015 05:36 PM

FYI, Corey Crawford has more Stanley Cup rings than Jeremy Roenick.

mthawk07 05-04-2015 05:44 PM

I have no idea how that went in, but :multi

barbogast 05-04-2015 05:46 PM

Jay Beagle is a very underrated player. He's really good in his role with the Caps.

unccrombie 05-04-2015 05:47 PM

garbage goals.
great

barbogast 05-04-2015 05:52 PM

They count bro

unccrombie 05-04-2015 06:00 PM

marty
:lol
cmonnnnn

Brohan_Santana 05-04-2015 06:31 PM

Fucking bullshit call. How the hell do you not call that shit on Orpik and then call Wilson. Bush league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebecca De Mornay 05-04-2015 06:33 PM

The Rangers power play sucks

unccrombie 05-04-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15934226)
Fucking bullshit call. How the hell do you not call that shit on Orpik and then call Wilson. Bush league

because 1 was a foul and the other isnt.

Brohan_Santana 05-04-2015 06:42 PM

Call them both. The linesman was closer on the Orpik. Be consistent.