Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   The NHL Thread (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324692)

salrx95 03-27-2015 05:58 AM

Re: The NHL Thread

Islanders keep playing just well enough to lose. Tough loss late last night. Need to right the ship or lose home ice, though we've been mostly struggling at home recently.

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 06:17 AM

Wings need to get at least 3 points this weekend, 4 is better. If they can get to 98 points they are probably in the playoffs. Ugh this sucks, I mean they go 4-1-1 on that West coast trip and then can't get it going now. Sucks cause it can take time to get out of a funk like this and they don't have the time.

~Crashintome89~ 03-27-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohan_Santana (Post 15885261)
I can do a little more than that.

Flames will beat out Kings for final spot. Bruins will make the playoffs and take the Rags to Game 7.

Giroux is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Edmonton is actually very talented team that for some reason just wants to suck. Eberle & Nugent-Hop are my 2 favorite players right now that are Caps.

Talbot >>> Hank

That's it for now

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

The Oilers.

Never change, man. Never change.

lockman21 03-27-2015 06:26 AM

http://deadspin.com/in-a-whole-new-l...oss-1694015501

unccrombie 03-27-2015 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15885964)

you know what, i was watching this with my roommate who is a Sabres fan. He commented on the cheering for AZ and how BUF is actually going out and trying to win, because as athletes you don't lose on purpose. But at some point, for the people who actually want to be in Buffalo, you have to be cheering for the loses, you have to want to lose, and that goes against every athletes mentality. As an athlete myself, if I knew the team I was on, and wanted to stay on, was going to get a guy with talent comparable to Crosby or someone I would feel less and less terrible about losing. Sure it sucks to put out a losing product for the fans every night, but they deserve so much more than what Buffalo sports gives them. The Buffalo front office has done a fantastic job of player management and draft picks. As a Rangers fan living with a Buffalo fan, I can't help but see that the dark times are indeed coming to end there.

Alazais 03-27-2015 07:26 AM

Nice! I'm cheering for the Coyotes and Edmonton for the rest of the year. In some magical world if they could win out the rest of the season the Leafs would fall to 2. Imagine? Leafs fall and get Eichel with a chance at Mcdavid. Oh man that'd be the greatest thing in the world. What an abomination they are. I watched fro 20 minutes last night and watched to kick my own ass.

RiotAct 03-27-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unccrombie (Post 15885972)
The Buffalo front office has done a fantastic job of player management and draft picks. As a Rangers fan living with a Buffalo fan, I can't help but see that the dark times are indeed coming to end there.

I dunno. I'm convinced our ownership and management is running some sort of Ponzi scheme.

When Pegula took over in 2011, he and Ted Black were preaching "patience" and spoke of some kind of five-year plan. Guess what? We're going to suck next year, too :lol Most of the team's fans are lapping it up, though, so that's good I guess. :ugh

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotAct (Post 15886100)
I dunno. I'm convinced our ownership and management is running some sort of Ponzi scheme.

When Pegula took over in 2011, he and Ted Black were preaching "patience" and spoke of some kind of five-year plan. Guess what? We're going to suck next year, too :lol Most of the team's fans are lapping it up, though, so that's good I guess. :ugh

They weren't listening to their own advice going and giving Leino and Ehrhoff those stupid deals though. Had they started to blow it up and not sign those guys, they might be better now. However, it seems like you have 2 game changers coming along and looks like you will get one of them. It might work out in the end.

RiotAct 03-27-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15886122)
They weren't listening to their own advice going and giving Leino and Ehrhoff those stupid deals though. Had they started to blow it up and not sign those guys, they might be better now. However, it seems like you have 2 game changers coming along and looks like you will get one of them. It might work out in the end.

Yep, good point. It rubs me the wrong way when the suits preach 'patience' to a city that has enjoyed exactly zero Super Bowl or Cup rings in 92 combined seasons of Bills football and Sabres hockey.

I look at it this way: at least the Bills are on the upswing, and the Sabres, well.... they can't possibly get any worse :lol. Just hope whoever we draft out of the McEichel duo doesn't turn out to be the NHL version of Sam Bowie.

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 08:45 AM

Patrik Stefan is what I think of. The brand new Thrashers had the #1 pick and took him, who many people questioned if he could be good at the NHL level. That was their 1st pick ever and that pretty much summed up their history with their first pick. Just for the hell of it, I looked up that draft and outside of Burke getting the Sedin's at 2 and 3 there were no game changers taken in the first round that year so not like the didn't take some fantastic player. However, with pick #210 the Wings got Henrik Zetterberg.

~Crashintome89~ 03-27-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15886122)

I think Pegula signed Leino and Ehrhoff more to show the fans that the organization was willing to spend money now on free agents. Unfortunately, they picked probably the two worst players to give all that money to.

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 15886208)
I think Pegula signed Leino and Ehrhoff more to show the fans that the organization was willing to spend money now on free agents. Unfortunately, they picked probably the two worst players to give all that money to.

Very true. I understand ownership that wants to show that, but don't just spend money to spend money.

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 09:57 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/kessel-booth-in-al...ctice-1.241611

If Babcock goes there....sigh.

~Crashintome89~ 03-27-2015 10:14 AM

He's not, because he's going to Philly!

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 10:19 AM

I wouldn't want to coach for Snyder.

My common sense still says he stays here. TO is a cluster fuck and I don't see Philly as an upgrade to his situation here. Sure some young talent but Detroit has some of that too and a lot more cap flexibility. He's not going to get any more power in Philly with Hextall just getting there so.... There still is the Pens cause Johnston doesn't seem to be getting it done. I wouldn't give up on him after 1 year but if Babs is there and wants it?

Rebecca De Mornay 03-27-2015 10:30 AM

there was an article the other day that Babcock may be interested in the Buffalo job, especially if they get McDavid.

Dramageek 03-27-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMoore4075 (Post 15886312)
I wouldn't want to coach for Snyder.

My common sense still says he stays here. TO is a cluster fuck and I don't see Philly as an upgrade to his situation here. Sure some young talent but Detroit has some of that too and a lot more cap flexibility. He's not going to get any more power in Philly with Hextall just getting there so.... There still is the Pens cause Johnston doesn't seem to be getting it done. I wouldn't give up on him after 1 year but if Babs is there and wants it?

This has been the hot rumor since Bylsma and Shero got the boot because apparently Babcock said he would love to coach Crosby after coaching him on the Olympic team. The way this year has been going, fans are starting to clamor for this. I doubt it will actually happen, but damn, you CANNOT lose to the Hurricanes 5-2. They have jumped off a cliff the last week or so. I'm actually starting to worry about them making the playoffs, period.

hailtopitt 03-27-2015 10:38 AM

would be hilarious if the Pens miss the playoffs

they don't deserve to be in anyway

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca De Mornay (Post 15886326)
there was an article the other day that Babcock may be interested in the Buffalo job, especially if they get McDavid.

I heard the coaching McDavid thing a few weeks ago. Most likely he'll be good but I just see that as a reason to go to a team. "They've got one good player and some shit. I wanna go there!"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dramageek (Post 15886331)
This has been the hot rumor since Bylsma and Shero got the boot because apparently Babcock said he would love to coach Crosby after coaching him on the Olympic team. The way this year has been going, fans are starting to clamor for this. I doubt it will actually happen, but damn, you CANNOT lose to the Hurricanes 5-2. They have jumped off a cliff the last week or so. I'm actually starting to worry about them making the playoffs, period.

Yeah Wings are in the same boat the last few weeks. Odds are they still make it unless they lose out but it's starting to get scary.

~Crashintome89~ 03-27-2015 10:49 AM

The only reason Detroit and the Pens have fallen behind is because the Rangers, the Sens, and Columbus have had a very nice ten game run. Every team experiences a lull before the playoffs anyway.

Rebecca De Mornay 03-27-2015 11:18 AM

ya, CBJ has looked real good lately and they're still not even that close to 100% healthy.
they're going to do some damage in the east next year if they have slightly better luck.

TMoore4075 03-27-2015 11:26 AM

Now Sheehan is out. IF Wings even make the playoffs, it's one and done man. They are dropping like flies. I sure hope Pavel is back tomorrow.

lockman21 03-28-2015 08:59 AM

Can we stop the sob stories? "IF the Pens even make it..." "IF the Wings even make it..."

Come on guys, we're better than that. The Pens are 6 points up and the Wings are 5 points up with a game in hand.

Also, we all know that things can turn around in the NHL out of no where. Look at Minnesota, look at Nashville to start the season, look at any number of teams really...teams go on runs, teams go through slumps. This isn't your guys first go at a full NHL season, you know this. It's a funny game. No team really just dominates anymore. Even some of the best recent teams ('10 Hawks, '11 Bruins, '08 Wings) had their struggles during the season.

Sorry, but I'm just sick of seeing everyone post sob stories about how bad their team is. The Hawks have been as bad as anyone lately (just got man-handled by three non playoff teams in Columbus and Philly and Dallas, should have lost to Carolina after being outshot 45-25 or something like that to a SHIT team), but this is a team with Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, Keith, Vermette, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, etc. I know they have the talent, and hockey has a funny way of going through swings. The Wings are loaded with talent, the Pens are too. Let's just calm down, take a breath, and let the season play out.

thechad90000 03-28-2015 09:14 AM

Go Preds! I almost feel bad cheering against Trotzy.

kev87lads 03-28-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman21 (Post 15887343)
Can we stop the sob stories? "IF the Pens even make it..." "IF the Wings even make it..."

Come on guys, we're better than that. The Pens are 6 points up and the Wings are 5 points up with a game in hand.

Also, we all know that things can turn around in the NHL out of no where. Look at Minnesota, look at Nashville to start the season, look at any number of teams really...teams go on runs, teams go through slumps. This isn't your guys first go at a full NHL season, you know this. It's a funny game. No team really just dominates anymore. Even some of the best recent teams ('10 Hawks, '11 Bruins, '08 Wings) had their struggles during the season.

Sorry, but I'm just sick of seeing everyone post sob stories about how bad their team is. The Hawks have been as bad as anyone lately (just got man-handled by three non playoff teams in Columbus and Philly and Dallas, should have lost to Carolina after being outshot 45-25 or something like that to a SHIT team), but this is a team with Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Saad, Keith, Vermette, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, etc. I know they have the talent, and hockey has a funny way of going through swings. The Wings are loaded with talent, the Pens are too. Let's just calm down, take a breath, and let the season play out.

But my team still sucks, right? So I'm exempt.

barbogast 03-28-2015 10:19 AM

Caps are fully melting today. Blowing 5 on 3s. Holtby pulled. Filip Forsberg scoring. Great day to be alive.

pathetic 03-28-2015 10:52 AM

Bruins!!!!

jackisback24 03-28-2015 10:55 AM

Don't jinx it!:BANG

pathetic 03-28-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackisback24 (Post 15887396)
Don't jinx it!:BANG

Jinx what? They're still horrible. A 3-0 lead against the rangers doesn't change that.

jackisback24 03-28-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathetic (Post 15887398)
Jinx what? They're still horrible. A 3-0 lead against the rangers doesn't change that.

I'd like for them to get 2 points. Not lose another shootout. But Looch one away from a hattie. But don't wanna jinx it!!!!