Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   DMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   R.I.P. Leroi Moore. (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=229381)

mr. testaverde 08-20-2008 04:37 AM

Re: R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

RIP leroi :(

darrienj 08-20-2008 04:38 AM

You know, I didn't really think this was that important until I started to THINK about him playing on "Crush." Who knows what will happen when I actually get it in me to listen to it.

R.I.P. Leroi

ji/\/\ithing 08-20-2008 04:40 AM

i am in complete shock, i can't begin to imagine how Roi's family, or the Band, are dealing with this. Leroi, you were one of a kind, we will miss you always.

DMBcortez41 08-20-2008 04:40 AM

R.I.P. Roi, you will be missed by all. You had such amazing talent. No one will ever fill your spot as well as you did for the Dave Matthews Band.

Digitalfury2248 08-20-2008 04:40 AM

:( RIP Roi.

My deepest consolences to his family, friends, and of course- the band.

DMBWatchtower19 08-20-2008 04:40 AM

RIP Roi... "All good things must come to an end sometimes"...

blumathu 08-20-2008 04:41 AM

LeRoi... you will be missed. R.I.P.

fred198524 08-20-2008 04:41 AM

Im so sad :(

LaDude 08-20-2008 04:41 AM

Thank you LeRoi for all the great music. You will be missed.

fresh21 08-20-2008 04:42 AM

RIP LeRoi!!!!

DreamingTree#41 08-20-2008 04:44 AM

Dude...whenever I listen to that LBV I tear up

jeff edwards 08-20-2008 04:45 AM

Rest in peace my man, glad I got to see you one last time in Toronto. You were awesome.

RainOnMe4127 08-20-2008 04:51 AM

May your spirit and sweet melodies live in our memories forever. 'Roi, we will never forget you.

markus_europe 08-20-2008 04:51 AM

thanks for all the beauty, LeRoi, we'll treasure it always.

Sleepr56 08-20-2008 04:53 AM

RIP Leroi, tragic loss to everyone he has ever reached.... :(

crazyhorse 08-20-2008 04:55 AM

so sad, we love you roi, glad we all have so many live recordings to always keep your memory alive whenever we put on a live trax or anything...

Does anyone wonder how the band was actually able to play last night? It was like loosing a family member and if that ever happens, how can you go on and do what your doing? i just wonder what the band did to make it more of a tribute show?

dmb114 08-20-2008 04:56 AM

When I first found out I did not believe it and had to look it up somewhere. I just never thought about any of the members passing. It just seemed like they would always all be together. God bless his family and we will all miss your LeRoi, I believe I speak for everyone when I say you were the best saxophonist and we will never be able to replace you. We love you LeRoi. Rest In Peace.

orig_20_9-12-04 08-20-2008 04:56 AM

This is a really sad sad day in DMB history. Roi will really be missed and I can't believe he is gone. May his soul R.I.P. I have had so many people calling me it's been insane tonight. I'm out in Cali and this news has really hit hard. It really am saddened by the passing and don't know what the future holds for the band. I pray for Roi's family, extended family and band mates this evening/early morning in hopes that one day we will celebrate the life that Roi had while on earth. He was a quiet soul, soft spoken but a powerful 'voice' that had a tremendous impact on this band and the style that became what is known as the Dave Matthews Band. I am still searching for words that express my sadness but he will be tremendously missed by many.

May you R.I.P. Leroi Moore.

jrkarger 08-20-2008 04:57 AM

Neon shines through smokey eyes tonight
It's 2 am I'm drunk again it's heavy on my mind
We could never love again so much as We loved you
Where you end and this band begins is like a river going through
Take my heart and take this sax I need them no more
If never again they fall upon the one We so adore

Excuse me please one more drink
Could you make it strong cause We don't need to think
This breaks our hearts Leroi is gone
One more drink and We'll move on

zaptrap 08-20-2008 04:58 AM

Leroi-

May you be with the Lord who blessed you with the talent to win over the hearts of millions. I've never heard anything more beautiful in my life than they way you used to solo on Crush. You will NEVER be forgotten. May God bless your family too. DMB, as we know them, is no more today.

karlee 08-20-2008 04:58 AM

Its my first ever post, and I cannot believe its to pay my respects to LeRoi...I always thought I'd be posting a response to some dumb thread lol...(no offense meant, whatsoever...) I am so crushed right now.

Someone in an earlier post said it best...it feels crazy to be so heartbroken over someone I didn't even know personally, but LeRoi, along with the rest of the band, has been a huge part of my life since my first show in '96 and waaaaay before...and so it feels personal. I found out at work tonight, and it was hard to keep it together.

After thirtysomething shows with LeRoi, I figured I could deal with 2 without him in WPB this summer, hoping he'd get some rest, recuperate, and be raring to go next time...only there isn't a next time. At Tampa last year, he and Rashawn were laughing at me with "101" written on my stomach in permanent marker when Carter tossed me his drumstick.

He was SO talented.

I am gonna miss you SO much, LeRoi...my heart and my condolences are extended to your family, friends, and many many fans. Rest in Peace. :(

dmb114 08-20-2008 04:59 AM

I Think Make a Cd with all of his highlights.

tommyskid 08-20-2008 04:59 AM

:lorraine

crush_me_16125 08-20-2008 05:04 AM

This is truely a sad day for everyone in the DMB community. Leroi is irreplaceable and will be missed. Rest in peace

jcu1998 08-20-2008 05:06 AM

:lorraine

R.I.P., Roi.

greyst1crash 08-20-2008 05:07 AM

I'm not sure if my post ever made it up last night with the craziness and crashing of ants, but my thoughts and prayers go out to Leroi's family and the entire DMB Community. It's like we all just need a big group hug to support each other.

I went to sleep last night listening to #41 from Listeners Supported as a tribute to Leroi. That song will always be special to me, and his flute/sax solos just added so much life and power to it. Cheers everyone ~

MDPrompter 08-20-2008 05:09 AM

RIP, Roi. Lillywhite sessions seems fitting for the next few days, maybe weeks... :(

gynyphurr 08-20-2008 05:09 AM

Didn't really hit me until a Grey Street came on this morning and afterwards Dave said his usual Leroi Moore on the saxaphone. Just lost it. Never again will we get to hear that.

Thoughts go out to his family. He will be missed more than my simple words can say.

americanemu25 08-20-2008 05:11 AM

RIP Leroi...U will be greatly missed

GinaNMU 08-20-2008 05:12 AM

:tears.

All night/this morning. I can't stop. This is crushing. I can't even get myself to say anything else about it yet.